SAAFL division 5 2014

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Who will win the division 5 grand final?

Adelaide Lutheran
8%
CBCOC
7%
Colonel Light Gardens
10%
Elizabeth
22%
Brahma Lodge
5%
Para Hills
7%
Trinity OS
3%
Greenacres
7%
North Haven
21%
Westminster OS
10%

Total votes : 107

Re: SAAFL division 5 2014

Postby WhenItMatters » Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:32 am

Was a solid game.nth haven seemed well drilled and played a good game plan.rosies kicked poorly but bad jucking is bad football!rosies also had 6 straight walk-ins out which will be handy for the first game
WhenItMatters
Mini-League

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Old Ignatians

Postby beeched iizzz » Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:10 am

So what div 5 sides played trials above their div and who played below. Always interesting to look at this formula. Winning both trials against lower sides is good confidence and practice. Playing sides above you gives indication of where you may need to be. Any thoughts
beeched iizzz
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby Demon Juke » Sun Mar 30, 2014 4:39 pm

beeroclock wrote:
Boosh wrote:
Pag wrote:We have a junior from our club, went to Port, and is now at Port District, with no other connections that I can see.

We would have on average 10 a year in that boat mate, the sooner Port Adelaide lose thier juniors the better it will be for the Port Adelaide area.

We have lost around six to Broadview through Nth Adelaide connection this year out of our U15 side.
Now we have 12 on the track and look like not having a side.
One side gone.
It's bullshit.

Not good for football and if the league clubs keep doing this there will be no juniors left as teams like yours keep disappearing .
Demon Juke
League - Best 21

Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 69 times

Postby TIRED TIGER » Sun Mar 30, 2014 6:33 pm

beeroclock wrote:
Boosh wrote:
Pag wrote:We have a junior from our club, went to Port, and is now at Port District, with no other connections that I can see.

We would have on average 10 a year in that boat mate, the sooner Port Adelaide lose thier juniors the better it will be for the Port Adelaide area.

We have lost around six to Broadview through Nth Adelaide connection this year out of our U15 side.
One side gone.
It's bullshit.

Beeroclock, not sure what you mean by the North Adelaide connection care to explain please
TIRED TIGER
Reserves

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 46 times
Grassroots Team: Broadview

Postby HH3 » Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:36 am

The Dark Knight wrote:
gadj1976 wrote:
hillscrow wrote:
The Dark Knight wrote:Very good hitout for us against Rosewater today, we won both A and B grade games, the ideal result for us heading into round one next Saturday against Westminster. I was very happy with all the boys efforts today, everyone gave it a red hot crack. We hit the footy hard, the defensive pressure was very good and most of our ball movement was quite good. Exactly the kind of hitout we needed going into next week, big thanks to Rosewater for the hitout. Footy is back f**k yeah.

Rosewater have got big wraps...how'd they look?

They are much taller than us and looked quite good. I think the final score was something like 13.4 to 6.14 (not trying to be controversial, I didn't see the final score i was running around after my 5 year old!) which meant they had plenty of it. From what I saw, they should've been a lot closer. They looked fit. They ran well. They look to be well drilled too. They'll do well in Div 6.

From our perspective, we ran out of soldiers. Three blokes out with over a quarter to go in warm conditions didn't help but those guys out there did exceptionally well.

Well said Gadj, I think Rosies A grades first eight shots on goal were behinds? It was very tough out there in the warm conditions, definitely going to have some very sore fellas today, hopefully everyone pulled up ok.

I think our backline worked extremely well, (aside from myself, pretty average really), which is awesome considering its only our 2nd hitout, and hopefully we can improve on this game going into the real stuff this weekend.
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2433 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby The Dark Knight » Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:52 am

HH3 wrote:I think our backline worked extremely well, (aside from myself, pretty average really), which is awesome considering its only our 2nd hitout, and hopefully we can improve on this game going into the real stuff this weekend.

They certainly did, don't expect anything different from you though mate ;) But your goal save attempt in the last quarter I think? was awesome.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10340 times
Been liked: 1520 times

Postby jake the snake » Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:10 am

Some great games this weekend anyone brave enough to top

Elizabeth v clg
greenies v ph
Wos v havens
cbc v bl
tos v adel luth
jake the snake
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 12 times

Postby HH3 » Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:33 am

The Dark Knight wrote:
HH3 wrote:I think our backline worked extremely well, (aside from myself, pretty average really), which is awesome considering its only our 2nd hitout, and hopefully we can improve on this game going into the real stuff this weekend.

They certainly did, don't expect anything different from you though mate ;) But your goal save attempt in the last quarter I think? was awesome.

Thats how I roll mate. I dont get a kick, but neither does the poor bastard im gonna annoy all day. 1%ers are 99% of my game.

(got a nice little shirtfront in there too ;) )

Anyway, enough about me...how goods **** FOOTY!!!

I was a bit worried about how our season was gonna go this year with all the guys that left, but now, after playing two games, Im very happy with who we have now, and the way the team works together is a massive improvement on last year.
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby Mr Beefy » Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:35 am

HH3 wrote:
The Dark Knight wrote:

Thats how I roll mate. I dont get a kick, but neither does the poor bastard im gonna annoy all day. 1%ers are 99% of my game.

(got a nice little shirtfront in there too ;) )

Anyway, enough about me...how goods **** FOOTY!!!

I was a bit worried about how our season was gonna go this year with all the guys that left, but now, after playing two games, Im very happy with who we have now, and the way the team works together is a massive improvement on last year.

Who did you clean up? I wasn't there .
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 406 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby HH3 » Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:48 am

No. 9 I think. Wasn't a big one, fair, play on and he got straight up.
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby Footy Chick » Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:55 am

HH3 wrote:No. 9 I think. Wasn't a big one, fair, play on and he got straight up.

No.9? Playing A's HH3? Isn't that Daniel Reardon? :lol: :lol:
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby The Dark Knight » Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:16 pm

jake the snake wrote:Some great games this weekend anyone brave enough to top

Elizabeth v clg
greenies v ph
Wos v havens
cbc v bl
tos v adel luth

Elizabeth
Para Hills
North Haven
CBCOC
Adelaide Lutheran
The Dark Knight
Coach

Postby The Dark Knight » Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:24 pm

HH3 wrote:I was a bit worried about how our season was gonna go this year with all the guys that left, but now, after playing two games, Im very happy with who we have now, and the way the team works together is a massive improvement on last year.

I was a bit worried too but things seem to have fallen into place for us. As for the team working together I agree, massive improvement on last year.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Postby Look Good In Leather » Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:43 pm

beeroclock wrote:
Boosh wrote:

One side gone.
It's bullshit.

This is one of the reasons why the SANFL is dying. The clubs have this whole high and mighty attitude that we are merely feeder clubs to them. We encourage our best talent out to them and get nothing in return.

What they do not wish to accept is that a premiership for Rostrevor, or Reynella, or Uraidla, or Barossa Districts means no less to those clubs than an SANFL premiership does to Norwood, or an AFL premiership does to Hawthorn. Our existance does not revolve around providing players to our zoned club :evil:
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby jo172 » Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:49 pm

Look Good In Leather wrote:
beeroclock wrote:
Boosh wrote:

One side gone.
It's bullshit.

This is one of the reasons why the SANFL is dying. The clubs have this whole high and mighty attitude that we are merely feeder clubs to them. We encourage our best talent out to them and get nothing in return.

What they do not wish to accept is that a premiership for Rostrevor, or Reynella, or Uraidla, or Barossa Districts means no less to those clubs than an SANFL premiership does to Norwood, or an AFL premiership does to Hawthorn. Our existance does not revolve around providing players to our zoned club :evil:

There is a delightful bit of irony when one considers the AFL reserves sooking on the SANFL board here the attitudes towards the SANFL held by those at the true grass roots level of football.
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1199 times
Been liked: 724 times

Postby Look Good In Leather » Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:50 pm

jo172 wrote:
Look Good In Leather wrote:
beeroclock wrote:
Boosh wrote:We would have on average 10 a year in that boat mate, the sooner Port Adelaide lose thier juniors the better it will be for the Port Adelaide area.

One side gone.
It's bullshit.

There is a delightful bit of irony when one considers the AFL reserves sooking on the SANFL board here the attitudes towards the SANFL held by those at the true grass roots level of football.

Particularly as most of those clubs are in that league purely as a quirk of history. A few decisions made slightly different and the league could include teams such as Willunga, Gawler, Kapunda or Modbury these days.

I take offence at being looked down upon by a club that has not won a premiership in 50 years
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby HH3 » Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:49 pm

Footy Chick wrote:
HH3 wrote:No. 9 I think. Wasn't a big one, fair, play on and he got straight up.

Yeah in the A's. I dont really know any opposition players names. If they're not in the prison bars, i dont care who they are. ;)
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby Footy Chick » Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:56 pm

HH3 wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:

Yeah in the A's. I dont really know any opposition players names. If they're not in the prison bars, i dont care who they are. ;)

He's denying any shirtfront action and said it was a fair bump at best 8)
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby HH3 » Mon Mar 31, 2014 4:07 pm

Footy Chick wrote:
He's denying any shirtfront action and said it was a fair bump at best 8)

Haha...im still claiming it to anyone that'll listen. :lol:
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby Mr Beefy » Mon Mar 31, 2014 4:18 pm

was it in the clubrooms forward pocket?
Mr Beefy