SAAFL division 5 2014

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Who will win the division 5 grand final?

Adelaide Lutheran
8%
CBCOC
7%
Colonel Light Gardens
10%
Elizabeth
22%
Brahma Lodge
5%
Para Hills
7%
Trinity OS
3%
Greenacres
7%
North Haven
21%
Westminster OS
10%

Total votes : 107

Re: SAAFL division 5 2014

Postby superlative steve » Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:38 am

ROOBOY18 wrote:Are you saying the TOS B grade ump from last year is now a SAAFL umpire doing A grade games?

I believe so....short guy with glasses.
superlative steve
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 30 times

Postby zedman » Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:01 pm

thanks to paul and the lads from GFC for a great game..they were bit unlucky and we happened to be in front when the siren blew..tough hard slog form start to finish..cheers for the beers and it was great to meet "turk" as well..

who had the last scoring shot in the TOS v NH game?
Last edited by zedman on Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zedman
Coach

Has liked: 1079 times
Been liked: 387 times

Postby ROOBOY18 » Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:09 pm

superlative steve wrote:
ROOBOY18 wrote:Are you saying the TOS B grade ump from last year is now a SAAFL umpire doing A grade games?

Why the hell would the SAAFL give him a game umpiring his team :? Unless it was a case of the umpire not turning up as happened in RD 2 @ North Haven when NH's B grade umpire did the first half of the A grade game and the official umpire had to apologize for the one sided decisions ;)
Join in the chorus!!
ROOBOY18
Rookie

Has liked: 214 times
Been liked: 29 times
Grassroots Team: Hornridge

Postby bubba love » Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:26 pm

That's what I was told
bubba love
Under 18s

Been liked: 125 times
Grassroots Team: Mallee Park

Postby gadj1976 » Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:18 pm

zedman wrote:thanks to paul and the lads from GFC for a great game..they were bit unlucky and we happened to be in front when the siren blew..tough hard slog form start to finish..cheers for the beers and it was great to meet "turk" as well..

Trinity. Goal from the FF/FP (not sure). Good kick in the conditions and pressure. Would've been about 4 minutes to go I reckon?!?!
gadj1976
Coach

Has liked: 796 times
Been liked: 850 times

Postby gadj1976 » Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:19 pm

ROOBOY18 wrote:
superlative steve wrote:

Why the hell would the SAAFL give him a game umpiring his team :? Unless it was a case of the umpire not turning up as happened in RD 2 @ North Haven when NH's B grade umpire did the first half of the A grade game and the official umpire had to apologize for the one sided decisions ;)

I asked the same thing and one of the officials at the game said that the SAAFL zone umpires. So because Trinity is at Gawler, he gets 'local' games. I don't know if this is true, just passing on what I was told.
gadj1976
Coach

Has liked: 796 times
Been liked: 850 times

Postby zedman » Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:21 pm

gadj1976 wrote:
zedman wrote:thanks to paul and the lads from GFC for a great game..they were bit unlucky and we happened to be in front when the siren blew..tough hard slog form start to finish..cheers for the beers and it was great to meet "turk" as well..

Trinity. Goal from the FF/FP (not sure). Good kick in the conditions and pressure. Would've been about 4 minutes to go I reckon?!?!

thanks gadj..
zedman
Coach

Has liked: 1079 times
Been liked: 387 times

Postby ROOBOY18 » Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:53 pm

gadj1976 wrote:
ROOBOY18 wrote:
superlative steve wrote:

I asked the same thing and one of the officials at the game said that the SAAFL zone umpires. So because Trinity is at Gawler, he gets 'local' games. I don't know if this is true, just passing on what I was told.

Cheers mate, if thats the case then surley it needs to be changed, bloody hard enough with the B grade umps doing their own sides let alone the A grade.
Join in the chorus!!
ROOBOY18
Rookie

Has liked: 214 times
Been liked: 29 times
Grassroots Team: Hornridge

Postby Masha » Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:37 pm

Good show of sportsmanship by the Eliz b grade on the weekend, forming a guard of Honour for one of the lodges players who just played his 200th. Most from Eliz wouldn't know him, so it was surprising yet pleasing to see.
Masha
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 12 times
Grassroots Team: Brahma Lodge

Postby superlative steve » Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:34 pm

I asked the same thing and one of the officials at the game said that the SAAFL zone umpires. So because Trinity is at Gawler, he gets 'local' games. I don't know if this is true, just passing on what I was told.[/quote]
Cheers mate, if thats the case then surley it needs to be changed, bloody hard enough with the B grade umps doing their own sides let alone the A grade.[/quote]

Did it cost us the game...No. We were undiscplined and thought we were just going to roll over Trinity. But surely someone with a connection to a club, who has umpried the B Grade before, with a questonable reputation as an umpire cant be doing the job with the a grade.
superlative steve
Under 16s

Been liked: 30 times

Postby The Dark Knight » Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:59 pm

ROOBOY18 wrote:
superlative steve wrote:

Quick question out of interest because I can't remember, did your B grade umpire umpire the second half of that game or did the official umpire eventually turn up?
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10350 times
Been liked: 1521 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Kelso » Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:29 pm

I've heard from sources(where he works) that the particular umpire for TOS ( guy with glasses) has it in for north haven and would do anything to see them lose.
Kelso
Mini-League

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: Mallee Park

Postby X Runna » Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:13 pm

Kelso wrote:I've heard from sources(where he works) that the particular umpire for TOS ( guy with glasses) has it in for north haven and would do anything to see them lose.

Not only has it in for North Haven Kelso, the bloke is a deadset f**king cheat. Everyone knows it but for some reason he is allowed to get away with it.
X Runna
Reserves

Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 58 times
Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

Postby nicole » Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:06 am

TOS B grade umpire did a good job and i told him so after the game , Havens ump ??? :oops:
nicole
Rookie

Been liked: 10 times

Postby Boosh » Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:40 am

ROOBOY18 wrote:
superlative steve wrote:

To clarify, in round 2 the league umpire didn't turn up so our B Grade umpire did a half and theirs did a half. Both were poor but not their fault and to clarify our B Grade umpire is supplied by the league and we pay a premium for that privilege I will admit he is complete muppet. Sadly our C Grade umpire is weirder.

The above is a different issue to what happened on Saturday as this was a league appointed umpire.
Firstly TOS were hard at it and deserved to be right in the game, their goal kicking in those conditions were incredible.
Did they deserve a draw? In my opinion, no.
The umpire in question is from Trinity, a fact the league have admitted to knowing.
At the start of the game as we ran onto the field he walked directly in front of us with a trinity supporter and made a gesture toward us, it was a very strange interaction but he was coming from the other oval so I thought he was their C Grade umpire.

Beside the utterly blatant cheating the umpire concerned was barracking for Trinity during the game, visibly angry when the other umpire paid a free to North Haven and speaking openly to the Trinity players about the game.

In 15 years of playing in SAAFL I have never seen cheating of this magnitude.

The current management of the SAAFL is a disgrace and the sooner they are removed the better as far as I am concerned.
I have a problem. It's to do with the little man, the squashed-in French man, the naked little squashed up hairy boy! You know! With the hand feet
*I apologise to Hope Valley people in advance, no offence intended
Boosh
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 256 times
Been liked: 192 times

Postby Footy Chick » Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:50 am

Unless Lance is your C grade umpire, I doubt it :lol:
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1739 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby Boosh » Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:53 am

Footy Chick wrote:Unless Lance is your C grade umpire, I doubt it :lol:

Honestly, no exaggeration he is the one of the strangest people I have ever come across.

When you get 30 messages in 2 hours from the same person just saying 'Ring' over and over again you start to fear for your life.
I have a problem. It's to do with the little man, the squashed-in French man, the naked little squashed up hairy boy! You know! With the hand feet
Boosh
League Bench Warmer

Postby nicole » Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:59 am

what happened to Havens good umpire from last year , bring him back i say .
nicole
Rookie

Been liked: 10 times

Postby Boosh » Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:01 am

nicole wrote:what happened to Havens good umpire from last year , bring him back i say .

Another nut job.
Boosh
League Bench Warmer

Postby amber_fluid » Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:36 pm

nicole wrote:what happened to Havens good umpire from last year , bring him back i say .

He was borderline retarded!!
Plus too old, too slow and not the brightest spark I've ever met.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2229 times
Been liked: 2523 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League