SAAFL division 5 2014

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Who will win the division 5 grand final?

Adelaide Lutheran
8%
CBCOC
7%
Colonel Light Gardens
10%
Elizabeth
22%
Brahma Lodge
5%
Para Hills
7%
Trinity OS
3%
Greenacres
7%
North Haven
21%
Westminster OS
10%

Total votes : 107

Re: SAAFL division 5 2014

Postby nicole » Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:19 am

Thanks FC XX
nicole
Rookie

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 10 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Boosh » Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:34 am

gadj1976 wrote:
Boosh wrote:Tough slog out at Luthies on Saturday, they wanted it more in the first half we wanted it more in the second.

3 goals from returning captain Duerden, in his 2nd full game for the year was a big positive for us.

The oval is a mess good luck to anyone having to play on it again this year.

On that though it isn't Luthies fault about the oval, there isn't much you can do about it, we have been fighting the council for decades to fix ours without much luck.

Mind you Havens deck looks brilliant this time of year.

Interestingly Old Iggies managed to get Railways fixed up very quickly. Earlier this year it looked like Adelaide Oval!

The oval was a bog but Lutheran's played better wet weather footy.

Boosh, what's wrong with Haven's oval? 99% of teams would die to have the oval in the nick North Haven's is in. My 5yo plays at Modbury and most games and trainings have been transferred due to the state of the oval.

I would say in the end North Haven played better wet weather footy.

North Havens oval is certainly in it's element at the moment as it does not hold water at all, however it is prone to dying very quickly and the council have planted about 20 different types of grass on it instead of sticking to one.
I have a problem. It's to do with the little man, the squashed-in French man, the naked little squashed up hairy boy! You know! With the hand feet
*I apologise to Hope Valley people in advance, no offence intended
Boosh
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 256 times
Been liked: 192 times

Postby zedman » Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:49 am

Boosh wrote:
gadj1976 wrote:
Boosh wrote:Tough slog out at Luthies on Saturday, they wanted it more in the first half we wanted it more in the second.

3 goals from returning captain Duerden, in his 2nd full game for the year was a big positive for us.

On that though it isn't Luthies fault about the oval, there isn't much you can do about it, we have been fighting the council for decades to fix ours without much luck.

Interestingly Old Iggies managed to get Railways fixed up very quickly. Earlier this year it looked like Adelaide Oval!

Boosh, what's wrong with Haven's oval? 99% of teams would die to have the oval in the nick North Haven's is in. My 5yo plays at Modbury and most games and trainings have been transferred due to the state of the oval.

North Havens oval is certainly in it's element at the moment as it does not hold water at all, however it is prone to dying very quickly and the council have planted about 20 different types of grass on it instead of sticking to one.

thats what i saw when we were there..not muddy and plenty of grass but a mix of different types and colours..our oval is holding up very well with 33 goals scored in the A grade game..
zedman
Coach

Has liked: 1079 times
Been liked: 387 times

Postby Boosh » Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:22 pm

zedman wrote:
Boosh wrote:
gadj1976 wrote:

thats what i saw when we were there..not muddy and plenty of grass but a mix of different types and colours..our oval is holding up very well with 33 goals scored in the A grade game..

Good to hear as we will be there in a couple of weeks. Have never played on it so have no idea what to expect.
I have a problem. It's to do with the little man, the squashed-in French man, the naked little squashed up hairy boy! You know! With the hand feet
Boosh
League Bench Warmer

Postby Magpies Nest » Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:07 pm

So... With only top spot and the bottom 2 positions being locked-in, what are everyone else's predictions on the final ladder?

Based on what I've seen to date this season, here are my predictions:

1. NHFC (31 Pts) WW
2. EFC (24 Pts) LW %+
3. CBOC (24 Pts) WW
4. CLG (22 Pts) LL
5. WOS (20 Pts) WW
6. ALFC (18 Pts) WL %+
7. PHFC (18 Pts) WW
8. GFC (14 Pts) LL
9. TOS LL
10. BLFC LL

If my predictions are correct, this would see a cracker first round of finals, with Elizabeth v CBOC and CLG v Westminster in a replay of last years' Div 6 Grand-Final :shock:
Magpies Nest
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 21 times

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:05 pm

My tip is a North Haven v CLG GF @ Kenilworth, the replay of the 95 GF @ the same venue (Same div too from memory). I was on the scoreboard as a 11 year old and was offered beers all day from the CLG cheersquad below but Art Bradshaw bringing around pies and cokes on the hour won my fat arse over.... Great game of footy and the biggest gf crowd I've seen @ the ground.
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 73 times
Been liked: 741 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby bubba love » Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:27 am

Havens havnt played in a GF since 03 and that was against roseies, perhaps too many beers that day as a young lad LK haha
bubba love
Under 18s

Been liked: 125 times
Grassroots Team: Mallee Park

Postby Footy Chick » Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:39 am

perhaps too many beers by you Bubba, LK said 1995, which, for those playing at home, is BEFORE 2003... ;)
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby Boosh » Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:00 am

bubba love wrote:Havens havnt played in a GF since 03 and that was against roseies, perhaps too many beers that day as a young lad LK haha

Oh dear
Boosh
League Bench Warmer

Postby zedman » Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:02 am

LaughingKookaburra wrote:My tip is a North Haven v CLG GF @ Kenilworth, the replay of the 95 GF @ the same venue (Same div too from memory). I was on the scoreboard as a 11 year old and was offered beers all day from the CLG cheersquad below but Art Bradshaw bringing around pies and cokes on the hour won my fat arse over.... Great game of footy and the biggest gf crowd I've seen @ the ground.

that would be nice LK but we dont deserve to be there based on our current form..our entire focus atm is obviously on ALFC this week in a huge game that we have to get the points in..
zedman
Coach

Postby Boosh » Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:04 am

LaughingKookaburra wrote:My tip is a North Haven v CLG GF @ Kenilworth, the replay of the 95 GF @ the same venue (Same div too from memory). I was on the scoreboard as a 11 year old and was offered beers all day from the CLG cheersquad below but Art Bradshaw bringing around pies and cokes on the hour won my fat arse over.... Great game of footy and the biggest gf crowd I've seen @ the ground.

I was at that game, would have been 12 and remember a big crowd. North Haven were looking the goods then their recruit from Port Districts got sent off for the rest of the game and it went down hill.

Speaking of crowds, CLG did bring a decent one to Havens this season which was good. It used to be the standard to have a large hostile crowd at one end of the ground but that has diminished over the years.
Adelaide Lutheran had about a 5th of the supporters we did on Saturday and it was their home game.
Boosh
League Bench Warmer

Postby Boosh » Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:05 am

zedman wrote:

that would be nice LK but we dont deserve to be there based on our current form..our entire focus atm is obviously on ALFC this week in a huge game that we have to get the points in..

Bring mountain climbing boots on Saturday
Boosh
League Bench Warmer

Postby zedman » Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:09 am

Boosh wrote:

I was at that game, would have been 12 and remember a big crowd. North Haven were looking the goods then their recruit from Port Districts got sent off for the rest of the game and it went down hill.

Speaking of crowds, CLG did bring a decent one to Havens this season which was good. It used to be the standard to have a large hostile crowd at one end of the ground but that has diminished over the years.
Adelaide Lutheran had about a 5th of the supporters we did on Saturday and it was their home game.

i am sure our crowd at the southern end of mortlock oval will be very welcoming in 9 days time boosh.. :)
zedman
Coach

Postby zedman » Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:11 am

Boosh wrote:
zedman wrote:

yeah we have seen it..it is drying out some what..the brilliant weather this week could see it coming up ok saturday..but it is a triple header!
zedman
Coach

Postby Boosh » Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:12 am

zedman wrote:
Boosh wrote:

i am sure our crowd at the southern end of mortlock oval will be very welcoming in 9 days time boosh.. :)

I look forward to it, it's a big part of local footy.
Boosh
League Bench Warmer

Postby Boosh » Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:14 am

zedman wrote:
Boosh wrote:
zedman wrote:

yeah we have seen it..it is drying out some what..the brilliant weather this week could see it coming up ok saturday..but it is a triple header!

I will kill the suspense, by time the A Grade starts the oval will be a disaster.

I will be football boot shopping this week as mine did not recover from the day.
Boosh
League Bench Warmer

Postby WOS Dragons » Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:57 am

Congratulations to Andrew 'Long Arms' Mclean and SA Footy's own 'Lances Brother' on playing in their 200th and 150th game this Saturday for the dragons against Brahma. Both are past A grade premiership players and have both been terrific servants of the club over a long period. With a past players 'slowdown' game scheduled for 10.30 and these guys playing in the 2's it should be a massive day for club!
WOS Dragons
Rookie

Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 37 times
Grassroots Team: Westminster OS

Postby bubba love » Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:10 am

So 1995 was before 2003? Ahhh I get ya
bubba love
Under 18s

Been liked: 125 times
Grassroots Team: Mallee Park

Postby Footy Chick » Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:22 am

WOS Dragons wrote:Congratulations to Andrew 'Long Arms' Mclean and SA Footy's own 'Lances Brother' on playing in their 200th and 150th game this Saturday for the dragons against Brahma. Both are past A grade premiership players and have both been terrific servants of the club over a long period. With a past players 'slowdown' game scheduled for 10.30 and these guys playing in the 2's it should be a massive day for club!

i thought Lances Brother was retired ;)
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby jaykay13 » Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:47 am

I was at that 95 GF too - CLG were massive underdogs. Got in the finals on percentage and came from 4th and beat NH who had only lost 1 game all year and we're raging favourites. And to get the facts right - yes North Haven supporters were wearing premiership t-shirts before the game!
jaykay13
Mini-League

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 6 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League