SAAFL division 5 2014

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Who will win the division 5 grand final?

Adelaide Lutheran
8%
CBCOC
7%
Colonel Light Gardens
10%
Elizabeth
22%
Brahma Lodge
5%
Para Hills
7%
Trinity OS
3%
Greenacres
7%
North Haven
21%
Westminster OS
10%

Total votes : 107

Re: SAAFL division 5 2014

Postby zedman » Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:10 pm

gadj1976 wrote:

Thanks Beefy! I got to reminisce about the missed opportunities.........sigh...;-)

ditto..i played in the losing Lockleys grand final team from 1995..

A3 Premiership Table
(as at the end of the minor round)
Played Won L D Pts Fitzroy 18 15 3 0 30 Lockleys 18 15 3 0 30 Scotch O.C. 18 12 5 1 25 Old Ignatians 18 11 7 0 22 Hectorville 18 10 8 0 20 Hope Valley 18 7 10 1 15 Rosewater 18 7 11 0 14 Riverside 18 5 13 0 10 West Croydon 18 4 14 0 8 Adelaide Lutheran 18 3 15 0 6

The First Semi between Scotch and Old Ignatians at Henley following a 16- & 17-goal performance by Scotch full forward Clay Chaplin the previous two games against West Croydon & Riverside. Scotch won the match easily 22.9 to 9.9 but a season-ending broken collarbone to Chaplin made coach Rob Popplestone’s job that much harder. The Second Semi at Campbelltown was just as one sided as Nick Genovese’s Lockleys coasted to a 21.16 to 11.10 victory over Paul Dittmar’s Fitzroy, but the Lions had the better of Scotch in the Prelim. at Panther Park 15.17 to 12.10 to earn a spot in the Grand Final at Prospect. Lockleys started well and a repeat of the Second Semi threatened, but then Fitzroy kicked 17 of the next 23 goals to win the Club’s first A-Grade premiership 17.15 to 12.9.
zedman
Coach

Has liked: 1079 times
Been liked: 387 times

Postby Boosh » Fri Aug 08, 2014 2:29 pm

gadj1976 wrote:

Thanks Beefy! I got to reminisce about the missed opportunities.........sigh...;-)

1999 - 2013 is one long horror show for me, all in all was a great read.
I have a problem. It's to do with the little man, the squashed-in French man, the naked little squashed up hairy boy! You know! With the hand feet
*I apologise to Hope Valley people in advance, no offence intended
Boosh
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 256 times
Been liked: 192 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Fri Aug 08, 2014 4:54 pm

The question on everyones lips.. will tomorrow be the day Harvey finally kicks the magical 100th goal for the season to record back to back tons?
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Has liked: 402 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby bubba love » Fri Aug 08, 2014 5:07 pm

Hopefully he kicks it against havens next week as we're planning to mob him after he kicks it
bubba love
Under 18s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 125 times
Grassroots Team: Mallee Park

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Fri Aug 08, 2014 5:09 pm

bubba love wrote:Hopefully he kicks it against havens next week as we're planning to mob him after he kicks it

:lol: Now that would be f**kin funny!
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Postby Robran » Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:23 pm

Looks like the injury curse has struck the eliz f.c again got news this evening that out A grade captain will be out for the year got a knock in his calf early last week against P.H after kicking the first 4 goals for us.. he didnt continue after half time as he couldn't walk he thought it was just a corky which it was unfortunately for him he was still struggling to walk today so went and seen the doc.. news isn't great found out he has deep vein thrombosis ( blood clot ) in his calf so needs to be on blood thinning tablets for the next 3 to 6 months plus have injection after injection having been through this myself it is bloody scary.. our well wishes are with u eags hope u make a speedy recovery. . I know u are devasted that u wont be out there to lead the boys but be proud wat u achieved with this young group.. hopefully thats the end of our injurys for the season and in the next couple of weeks we can get our first choice players back in both the A and B grade...
GO THE COCKS
The mighty cocks 2018 premiers
Robran
League - Best 21

Has liked: 209 times
Been liked: 189 times

Postby Robran » Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:23 pm

Looks like the injury curse has struck the eliz f.c again got news this evening that out A grade captain will be out for the year got a knock in his calf early last week against P.H after kicking the first 4 goals for us.. he didnt continue after half time as he couldn't walk he thought it was just a corky which it was unfortunately for him he was still struggling to walk today so went and seen the doc.. news isn't great found out he has deep vein thrombosis ( blood clot ) in his calf so needs to be on blood thinning tablets for the next 3 to 6 months plus have injection after injection having been through this myself it is bloody scary.. our well wishes are with u eags hope u make a speedy recovery. . I know u are devasted that u wont be out there to lead the boys but be proud wat u achieved with this young group.. hopefully thats the end of our injurys for the season and in the next couple of weeks we can get our first choice players back in both the A and B grade...
GO THE COCKS
The mighty cocks 2018 premiers
Robran
League - Best 21

Has liked: 209 times
Been liked: 189 times

Postby OKC! » Sat Aug 09, 2014 6:26 pm

Worst 2 umpires of the year today.

When is the saafl going to do something about it?

Week after week we get horrible umpires, I understand that we get the 50-60th best umpires in div 5, but its about time the Saafl actually did something constructive about the situation. I know its not a professional gig but perhaps some sort of coaching needs to be done. Have someone watch the game, I know they do have people that do this, but they just blow hot air up their arse and tell them they are doing a good job when they clearly are not.

One of our players today was sent off for getting kicked in the chest. Enough said.
The secret impresses no one. The trick you use it for is everything.
OKC!
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 42 times
Grassroots Team: Pooraka

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Sat Aug 09, 2014 7:25 pm

OKC! wrote:Worst 2 umpires of the year today.

Week after week we get horrible umpires, I understand that we get the 50-60th best umpires in div 5, but its about time the Saafl actually did something constructive about the situation. I know its not a professional gig but perhaps some sort of coaching needs to be done. Have someone watch the game, I know they do have people that do this, but they just blow hot air up their arse and tell them they are doing a good job when they clearly are not.

One of our players today was sent off for getting kicked in the chest. Enough said.

Lol lucky you're not going down to Div 6 next year
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Postby Dols » Sun Aug 10, 2014 3:08 am

not sure what team u are from bit if it is Greenacres. Hopefully the umpires didn't make 100 points difference!!!!
Dols
Reserves

Has liked: 332 times
Been liked: 51 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Sun Aug 10, 2014 4:22 am

In fairness mate umpiring is like footy clubs. How is your team now compared to the teams you had in div 3 and pushing some of SA amateur footy's best and proudest clubs? We all get it in lower divs and it's not right, however the best solution is to climb the grades. Para Hills shouldn't be bottom half of div 5 IMHO and should be higher.
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 73 times
Been liked: 741 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby TOSSER » Sun Aug 10, 2014 11:57 am

I was within 10m of the incident with your sent off player before he got involved and in perfect view and the reason he got sent off was that a player from each of our teams were involved in a tackle and a bit of a wrestle on the ground afterwards and he ran over and struck our player in the head with a clean left and right in front of the umpire. That was why he was sent off.
TOSSER
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 6 times
Grassroots Team: Trinity OS

Postby zedman » Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:00 pm

the lodge only down by 22 points at 3/4 time..fair effort i would have thought..

EFC and CLGFC both snapped their losing streaks saturday and will meet in the first week of finals..the only question is at which ground will it be?..if CLGFC beat NHFC this week they will host..if they lose and EFC win then argana park is the venue..if CLGFC and EFC both lose it will be at mortlock..

CBC should host an elimination final but against who?
if WOSFC beat GFC they are in..if they lose and ALFC beat EFC then ALFC get in..

if WOSFC and ALFC lost and PHFC had a thumping win against BLFC they may come from 7th and get in the 5! ..not sure how many goals they would have to win by to improve their percentage though..need a maths guru for that..if they didnt win by enough then WOSFC would hold their spot in the five..

a great final minor round group of matches coming up..
zedman
Coach

Has liked: 1079 times
Been liked: 387 times

Postby OKC! » Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:14 pm

TOSSER wrote:

I was within 10m of the incident with your sent off player before he got involved and in perfect view and the reason he got sent off was that a player from each of our teams were involved in a tackle and a bit of a wrestle on the ground afterwards and he ran over and struck our player in the head with a clean left and right in front of the umpire. That was why he was sent off.

So i guess if you were within 10 meters you would have saw the kick to the chest then also? Or did you miss that one?
OKC!
League Bench Warmer

Postby Dogwatcher » Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:17 pm

Robran wrote:Looks like the injury curse has struck the eliz f.c again got news this evening that out A grade captain will be out for the year got a knock in his calf early last week against P.H after kicking the first 4 goals for us.. he didnt continue after half time as he couldn't walk he thought it was just a corky which it was unfortunately for him he was still struggling to walk today so went and seen the doc.. news isn't great found out he has deep vein thrombosis ( blood clot ) in his calf so needs to be on blood thinning tablets for the next 3 to 6 months plus have injection after injection having been through this myself it is bloody scary.. our well wishes are with u eags hope u make a speedy recovery. . I know u are devasted that u wont be out there to lead the boys but be proud wat u achieved with this young group.. hopefully thats the end of our injurys for the season and in the next couple of weeks we can get our first choice players back in both the A and B grade...

Sad news, that. I saw Mark limping against Para Hills and thought it wasn't too much.
He's got a big heart and he'll get back for next year.
By the way, that four goals in the opening quarter against the Roos would be more than his dad kicked throughout his career!
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby OKC! » Sun Aug 10, 2014 2:19 pm

LaughingKookaburra wrote:In fairness mate umpiring is like footy clubs. How is your team now compared to the teams you had in div 3 and pushing some of SA amateur footy's best and proudest clubs? We all get it in lower divs and it's not right, however the best solution is to climb the grades. Para Hills shouldn't be bottom half of div 5 IMHO and should be higher.

Agree 100%, this is why i said that I know that we get low umpires due to the grade, purely just a vent on how bad they were yesterday, and annoyed that nothing gets done.
We will continue to push as far as we can. Should be alot higher than we are, still not out of finals yet, and we will play the last game with everything on the line.
OKC!
League Bench Warmer

Postby TOSSER » Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:48 pm

OKC! wrote:
TOSSER wrote:

So i guess if you were within 10 meters you would have saw the kick to the chest then also? Or did you miss that one?

No ..... I'm just clarifying why your player was sent off because players don't usually get sent off for doing nothing wrong, which is what you implied in your initial comment.
TOSSER
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 6 times
Grassroots Team: Trinity OS

Postby norm11 » Sun Aug 10, 2014 11:06 pm

Para hills making a late charge towards the finals, has it been left to late ??
Back to the creek it is.
norm11
League - Top 5

Has liked: 470 times
Been liked: 53 times

Postby WOS Dragons » Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:52 am

This year I have been very impressed by the standard of umpiring in almost all of our games but the guys we had on Saturday were horrendous. We had a 25m penalty paid against us after one of the BL players swore after a free kick had been paid to them. One of the guys has been umpiring the lower divisions for as long as I have been playing and he has always been bad but I think its the first time we have had him this year. They didn't impact the result but it added to what was a very frustrating day.

To BL credit I thought they fought the game out well. They had 3 or 4 guys that played both games and the A grade which might have been why they ran out of legs in the last 1/4 but the game was played in very good spirits. I think they are definitely heading in the right direction.
WOS Dragons
Rookie

Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 37 times
Grassroots Team: Westminster OS

Postby ezydoesitbigfella » Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:18 pm

Why don't you step up? Clearly, you have a good idea of what umpiring is about? Then put up ....or shut up.

Most umpires (even in Div 5) get coached, attend training - and observers most certainly do not "blow hot air up their arse"....umpires cop FAR more scrutiny than any one else in the SAAFL - particularly players.

Too many people watching how the AFL umpire and expect the same outcomes in SAAFL - there ARE different interpretations for SAAFL games - learn them - and then maybe you'll be better advised?
ezydoesitbigfella
Rookie

Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 11 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League