SAAFL division 5 2014

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Who will win the division 5 grand final?

Adelaide Lutheran
8%
CBCOC
7%
Colonel Light Gardens
10%
Elizabeth
22%
Brahma Lodge
5%
Para Hills
7%
Trinity OS
3%
Greenacres
7%
North Haven
21%
Westminster OS
10%

Total votes : 107

Re: SAAFL division 5 2014

Postby zedman » Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:48 pm

Yank Man wrote:
Brodlach wrote:Game over

CLG 17.9
EFC 14.18

Wow, bad kicking is bad footy. Well done zed and the Lions, onwards and upwards. :)

thanks yankman..Elizabeth were excellent, played their hearts out and would have been worthy winners..a great game to watch and be involved in..both clubs should be very happy with their players efforts today..
zedman
Coach

Has liked: 1079 times
Been liked: 387 times

Postby Robran » Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:04 am

zedman wrote:
Yank Man wrote:
Brodlach wrote:Game over

CLG 17.9
EFC 14.18

Wow, bad kicking is bad footy. Well done zed and the Lions, onwards and upwards. :)

thanks yankman..Elizabeth were excellent, played their hearts out and would have been worthy winners..a great game to watch and be involved in..both clubs should be very happy with their players efforts today..

Well done to clg today well deserved I will say zedman is a great bloke to go out of his way to come say gday is a credit to the man.. to my boys we played our guts out and hopefully next week we can bounce back..
GO THE COCKS
The mighty cocks 2018 premiers
Robran
League - Best 21

Has liked: 209 times
Been liked: 189 times

Postby zedman » Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:28 pm

the EFC guys played with passion and heart and intensity..if you bring that again this week i am sure you can get the result you want robran..but WOSFC can be a very dangerous team in the finals as CLG know all to well after the 2013 GF..their team looked good on paper last week and they got the points accordingly..

our lads are really looking forward to heading down to the haviary for the biggest challenge in the division..trying to beat NHFC on their home deck..
zedman
Coach

Postby The Dark Knight » Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:31 pm

zedman wrote:the EFC guys played with passion and heart and intensity..if you bring that again this week i am sure you can get the result you want robran..but WOSFC can be a very dangerous team in the finals as CLG know all to well after the 2013 GF..their team looked good on paper last week and they got the points accordingly..

our lads are really looking forward to heading down to the haviary for the biggest challenge in the division..trying to beat NHFC on their home deck..

Can't wait for Saturday Zed, bring it on!!
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10340 times
Been liked: 1520 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Boosh » Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:34 pm

zedman wrote:the EFC guys played with passion and heart and intensity..if you bring that again this week i am sure you can get the result you want robran..but WOSFC can be a very dangerous team in the finals as CLG know all to well after the 2013 GF..their team looked good on paper last week and they got the points accordingly..

Should be a good day with both teams playing each other in A's and B's, would expect a big CLG crowd.

The weather is looking good and it's $4 cans all day!
I have a problem. It's to do with the little man, the squashed-in French man, the naked little squashed up hairy boy! You know! With the hand feet
*I apologise to Hope Valley people in advance, no offence intended
Boosh
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 256 times
Been liked: 192 times

Postby The Dark Knight » Sat Aug 30, 2014 6:08 pm

North Haven up in both grades today!!!! B grade into the Preliminary next week and A grade the GF in a fortnight and then Division 4 next year baby yeah yeah! Great day for us, couldn't be prouder.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10340 times
Been liked: 1520 times

Postby bubba love » Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:24 pm

Number 5 from CLG is the biggest pole smoker in the saafl!
bubba love
Under 18s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 125 times
Grassroots Team: Mallee Park

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:31 am

CLG to win the GF @ Kenilworth in 2 weeks. To lose by 10 points @ Havens isn't nothing to be ashamed of and if the game is @ Kenilworth Havens record there ain't the best..... Im probably off but I'm playing Nostradamus....
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 73 times
Been liked: 741 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby bubba love » Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:02 am

Probably just focus on this week if I was CLG, very
Arrogant bunch that lot! Could be their undoing
bubba love
Under 18s

Postby Pag » Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:44 pm

Went and had a look at Havens v CLG as a neutral yesterday arvo, good contest to watch.

Mooney did a top job on Harvey, basically won them the game by winning that duel. Havens had less of the footy it felt, but were a bit cleaner and Lipson was able to take a catch and slot a few, something CLG didn't have at the other end. Thought Cochrane was really good down back, R. Duerden and Laurencic had a decent impact as well. CLG had plenty of the ball but shot themselves in the foot with poor disposal/decision making plenty of times, Francis was clearly their best but the miss in the last quarter running into the open goal (went with the outside of the boot) would be haunting him today.
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 499 times

Postby zedman » Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:46 pm

Pag wrote:Went and had a look at Havens v CLG as a neutral yesterday arvo, good contest to watch.

Mooney did a top job on Harvey, basically won them the game by winning that duel. Havens had less of the footy it felt, but were a bit cleaner and Lipson was able to take a catch and slot a few, something CLG didn't have at the other end. Thought Cochrane was really good down back, R. Duerden and Laurencic had a decent impact as well. CLG had plenty of the ball but shot themselves in the foot with poor disposal/decision making plenty of times, Francis was clearly their best but the miss in the last quarter running into the open goal (went with the outside of the boot) would be haunting him today.

pretty good summary there pag..congratulations to NHFC..settled well, got a lead and held it all day..we move on and reset for this saturday..
zedman
Coach

Postby Boosh » Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:06 pm

zedman wrote:
Pag wrote:Went and had a look at Havens v CLG as a neutral yesterday arvo, good contest to watch.

pretty good summary there pag..congratulations to NHFC..settled well, got a lead and held it all day..we move on and reset for this saturday..

Obviously a good day for Havens but what were your thoughts on the day? Our club went to a fair bit of effort to make sure the day went smoothly and we think it went pretty well but I would like your thoughts.

Good to see CLG bring a decent crowd, very hostile toward the end as well which is what you want in Amateur footy, even though I received a fair chunk of it.
I have a problem. It's to do with the little man, the squashed-in French man, the naked little squashed up hairy boy! You know! With the hand feet
Boosh
League Bench Warmer

Postby Pag » Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:16 pm

Thought you handled it well, hadn't been down there since 2007 but the clubrooms are a good set-up, canteen and bar were pumping, really nice people behind both too. I was standing in front of the windows, near the BBQ, between the two lots of supporters, a bit going on but nothing over the top. The umps definitely weren't appreciating some of what they copping on the way off though.
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 499 times

Postby superlative steve » Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:27 pm

Pag wrote:Thought you handled it well, hadn't been down there since 2007 but the clubrooms are a good set-up, canteen and bar were pumping, really nice people behind both too. I was standing in front of the windows, near the BBQ, between the two lots of supporters, a bit going on but nothing over the top. The umps definitely weren't appreciating some of what they copping on the way off though.

Actually thought the umps were pretty good....pretty hot on anything high but were consistant all day with that.
superlative steve
Under 16s

Been liked: 30 times

Postby Boosh » Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:33 pm

Pag wrote:Thought you handled it well, hadn't been down there since 2007 but the clubrooms are a good set-up, canteen and bar were pumping, really nice people behind both too. I was standing in front of the windows, near the BBQ, between the two lots of supporters, a bit going on but nothing over the top. The umps definitely weren't appreciating some of what they copping on the way off though.

Which clubs supporters were giving it to them? I thought they were pretty good, I had a FAD paid against me which I certainly didn't agree with but the fact I can remember one call tells me they were very good.
Boosh
League Bench Warmer

Postby zedman » Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:33 pm

Boosh wrote:
zedman wrote:

Obviously a good day for Havens but what were your thoughts on the day? Our club went to a fair bit of effort to make sure the day went smoothly and we think it went pretty well but I would like your thoughts.

Good to see CLG bring a decent crowd, very hostile toward the end as well which is what you want in Amateur footy, even though I received a fair chunk of it.

they didnt have much to get excited about for 3 quarters! :)

i thought the crowd was excellent and ringed most of the oval..i see you had stalls set up on the western side which were frequented well and would have been a good money spinner..oval was patchy but not hard and that was important with most ovals like concrete atm..beers after the game were very much appreciated..you should be proud of your club and they way they went about it..with a strong B grade plus a C and D grade you are definitely ready for division 4..

the only dampener for me was the 2 men in white who were over the top officious and umpired like it was a game between the bloods and the crips paying light infringement penalties all day..i dont like to discuss umpires as they DONT determine who wins or loses and they didnt this time either but with 60 (and i know the split) frees in such an important game it certainly wasnt what were expecting from umpires from higher divisions..good umpires are not noticed..these 2 were noticed by everyone at the game..they spoiled a really good hard game of footy with far to many free kicks..
zedman
Coach

Postby Boosh » Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:39 pm

zedman wrote:
they didnt have much to get excited about for 3 quarters! :)

i thought the crowd was excellent and ringed most of the oval..i see you had stalls set up on the western side which were frequented well and would have been a good money spinner..oval was patchy but not hard and that was important with most ovals like concrete atm..beers after the game were very much appreciated..you should be proud of your club and they way they went about it..with a strong B grade plus a C and D grade you are definitely ready for division 4..

the only dampener for me was the 2 men in white who were over the top officious and umpired like it was a game between the bloods and the crips paying light infringement penalties all day..i dont like to discuss umpires as they DONT determine who wins or loses and they didnt this time either but with 60 (and i know the split) frees in such an important game it certainly wasnt what were expecting from umpires from higher divisions..good umpires are not noticed..these 2 were noticed by everyone at the game..they spoiled a really good hard game of footy with far to many free kicks..

Maybe I was too exhausted to notice the umpires or maybe we got a good run but I thought they were ok, a lot of touchy stuff but it stayed like that all day. I don't like it when they change from touchy decisions to letting everything go then back to touchy.

Thanks for the feedback Zed, looking forward to a good day out at CLG on Saturday. I am hoping for a draw and extra time.
Boosh
League Bench Warmer

Postby bubba love » Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:43 pm

Anyone at the eliz game? They would be shattered with how their season ended after they were flying through the mid part of the year, any one give the dragons a sniff this weekend?
bubba love
Under 18s

Postby Footy Chick » Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:45 pm

Anyone who knows the finals record of WOS would give them a sniff...
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby zedman » Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:55 pm

Footy Chick wrote:Anyone who knows the finals record of WOS would give them a sniff...

and we do! 50/50 game imo..they have been on a roll since losing to trinity..there has been a great rivalry between our clubs in the last 2 years..
zedman
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League