SAAFL division 5 2014

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Who will win the division 5 grand final?

Adelaide Lutheran
8%
CBCOC
7%
Colonel Light Gardens
10%
Elizabeth
22%
Brahma Lodge
5%
Para Hills
7%
Trinity OS
3%
Greenacres
7%
North Haven
21%
Westminster OS
10%

Total votes : 107

Re: SAAFL division 5 2014

Postby Footy Chick » Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:57 pm

zedman wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:Anyone who knows the finals record of WOS would give them a sniff...

and we do! 50/50 game imo..they have been on a roll since losing to trinity..there has been a great rivalry between our clubs in the last 2 years..

I was down at Elizabeth for about 20 mins on Saturday - to get a long awaited perv on you-know-who... 8)

They looked good though. Tall-ish.
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby zedman » Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:06 pm

Footy Chick wrote:
zedman wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:Anyone who knows the finals record of WOS would give them a sniff...

and we do! 50/50 game imo..they have been on a roll since losing to trinity..there has been a great rivalry between our clubs in the last 2 years..

I was down at Elizabeth for about 20 mins on Saturday - to get a long awaited perv on you-know-who... 8)

the mop is gone but the skills remain!
zedman
Coach

Has liked: 1078 times
Been liked: 387 times

Postby morell » Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:41 pm

WOS! WOS! WOS! :D
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1141 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby Pag » Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:41 pm

Boosh wrote:
Pag wrote:Thought you handled it well, hadn't been down there since 2007 but the clubrooms are a good set-up, canteen and bar were pumping, really nice people behind both too. I was standing in front of the windows, near the BBQ, between the two lots of supporters, a bit going on but nothing over the top. The umps definitely weren't appreciating some of what they copping on the way off though.

Which clubs supporters were giving it to them? I thought they were pretty good, I had a FAD paid against me which I certainly didn't agree with but the fact I can remember one call tells me they were very good.

It was the CLG supporters giving it to them a bit, but just frustration at getting so cloe more than anything I think.

FWIW, I thought they paid too many free kicks as well, similar to zedman's thoughts, but they weren't better or worse for either side.
Last edited by Pag on Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 499 times

Postby Dogwatcher » Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:47 pm

Footy Chick wrote:
zedman wrote:

So, you went to have a perv on me, I was looking pretty spiffy on Saturday, as well, and you still didn't come and say g'day. So shy.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Boosh » Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:49 pm

Pag wrote:
Boosh wrote:
Pag wrote:Thought you handled it well, hadn't been down there since 2007 but the clubrooms are a good set-up, canteen and bar were pumping, really nice people behind both too. I was standing in front of the windows, near the BBQ, between the two lots of supporters, a bit going on but nothing over the top. The umps definitely weren't appreciating some of what they copping on the way off though.

Which clubs supporters were giving it to them? I thought they were pretty good, I had a FAD paid against me which I certainly didn't agree with but the fact I can remember one call tells me they were very good.

It was the CLG supporters giving it to them a bit, but just frustration at getting so cloe more than anything I think.

FWIW, I thought they paid too many free kicks as well, similar to zedman's thoughts, but didn't they were better or worse for either side.

I was probably delusional then, not uncommon.
I have a problem. It's to do with the little man, the squashed-in French man, the naked little squashed up hairy boy! You know! With the hand feet
*I apologise to Hope Valley people in advance, no offence intended
Boosh
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 256 times
Been liked: 192 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Dogwatcher » Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:56 pm

I think that the EFC would be reasonably happy with the performance of its senior side this season.
I wouldn't have thought, with the change of coach and personnel, that Payney would have expected to, at one stage, be listed among the premiership favourites.
On the weekend, the boys found the early heat of a finals campaign a little telling - on field and temperature-wise.
The game started promisingly, with the Dragons failing to get within 30 metres of goals for the opening 10 to 15 minutes and with a strong breeze to the south-west.
However, a couple of goals towards the end of the term saw WOS get in front, a lead it would never relinquish.
Experience was probably the key, as the Dragons used the field well.
Looking at the respective sides at half-time and you could see they had some hard heads - we were hopeful our youthful run might tell on the more experienced opposition but it was not to be.
Skill errors sometimes ruined some good work and, in the third quarter, WOS set the scene with a quick goal that set us on our heels.
From there, they dominated the term and set themselves up for victory.
It was a game played in great spirits and was well umpired, unlike the B grade (umpiring-wise).
WOS were well-deserved victors.

Payney and the lads can be proud of their season but must remain unsatisfied. We know Payney will be unsatisfied - hopefully the players follow his lead.
More commitment, a key forward to support Furburger and some experienced, tough midfielders will be the key.
Discipline was excellent this season and was well instilled in the troops.
Fourth is disappointing, but ahead of expectations at the start of the season.

The B grade have one more chance - but need to show some commitment.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Postby Boosh » Mon Sep 01, 2014 5:14 pm

Dogwatcher wrote:I think that the EFC would be reasonably happy with the performance of its senior side this season.
I wouldn't have thought, with the change of coach and personnel, that Payney would have expected to, at one stage, be listed among the premiership favourites.
On the weekend, the boys found the early heat of a finals campaign a little telling - on field and temperature-wise.
The game started promisingly, with the Dragons failing to get within 30 metres of goals for the opening 10 to 15 minutes and with a strong breeze to the south-west.
However, a couple of goals towards the end of the term saw WOS get in front, a lead it would never relinquish.
Experience was probably the key, as the Dragons used the field well.
Looking at the respective sides at half-time and you could see they had some hard heads - we were hopeful our youthful run might tell on the more experienced opposition but it was not to be.
Skill errors sometimes ruined some good work and, in the third quarter, WOS set the scene with a quick goal that set us on our heels.
From there, they dominated the term and set themselves up for victory.
It was a game played in great spirits and was well umpired, unlike the B grade (umpiring-wise).
WOS were well-deserved victors.

Payney and the lads can be proud of their season but must remain unsatisfied. We know Payney will be unsatisfied - hopefully the players follow his lead.
More commitment, a key forward to support Furburger and some experienced, tough midfielders will be the key.
Discipline was excellent this season and was well instilled in the troops.
Fourth is disappointing, but ahead of expectations at the start of the season.

The B grade have one more chance - but need to show some commitment.

Will be an interesting one in the B's this week could go either way. Been a great effort from our B's after losing their first 3.
I have a problem. It's to do with the little man, the squashed-in French man, the naked little squashed up hairy boy! You know! With the hand feet
*I apologise to Hope Valley people in advance, no offence intended
Boosh
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 256 times
Been liked: 192 times

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:04 am

Might have to get out to CLG this weekend Zed and bring some local celebrities around the surrounding suburbs with me. Gotta get you boys over the line so I can keep my prediction alive.....
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 740 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Footy Chick » Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:10 am

Dogwatcher wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:
zedman wrote:

So, you went to have a perv on me, I was looking pretty spiffy on Saturday, as well, and you still didn't come and say g'day. So shy.

I thought you were at the Gawler show for some reason!

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Postby Dogwatcher » Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:12 am

Footy Chick wrote: I thought you were at the Gawler show for some reason!

Likely story.
I get around, sweetie. It was a busy weekend ;)
Dogwatcher
Coach

Postby Footy Chick » Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:30 am

Well being the local editor, I thought you might have some cows to judge and a feature breed to write up on ;)

Footy Chick

Postby Dogwatcher » Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:31 pm

Leave that to the staff ;)
Dogwatcher
Coach

Postby Magpies Nest » Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:09 pm

Preliminary Final @ Mortlock Park - Division 5&5R

A Grade - Colonel Light Gardens vs Westminster Old Scholars

The two newly promoted teams from Division 6 have more than held their own in Div 5, so much so that the victor on Saturday will leap-frog straight into Division 4 for 2015, which is a remarkable effort. Flash-backs from the Div 6 2013 Grand-Final must be in the back of both teams minds. The Lions would realise that there would be no better form of redemption than knocking out the Dragons from the finals race, while the Dragons are well aware of their capabilities come September and the psychological edge they hold over the Lions.

The Lions won both minor rounds comfortably against the Dragons this season. Victors by 32 points at Glandore Oval in Round 5, and a convincing 46 point win in Round 14 at Mortlock Park, the Lions inaccurate kicking doesn't truly reflect their domination on these games (R5. 35 v 18 scoring shots, R14 32 v 21 scoring shots).

Home ground advantage is not a major factor in this game, as the Lions have dropped 3 games at home this year (ALFC, EFC, CBOC), and as the Dragons have shown they are not afraid to travel, winning their last 3 games away to quality opposition. Momentum is a hard thing to stop in football and the belief within the playing group down at Glandore Oval must be at an all time high.

The usual talking point on the match-up on Harvey is a valid one, however he has been reasonably well held in their home and away games, scoring a comprised total of 7 goals from both games. I think focus must also be directed towards limiting the scoring ability of the second-string Lion forwards and on-ballers. Round 5 saw Francis add 4 goals to the team-sheet, while in Round 14 Marshall did the same. Limiting the Lions scoring opportunities will go a long way to winning the Dragons the game. The point of difference for the Dragons, is their non-reliance on individual players to kick bags, rather spread the load and still kick sizeable scores. Last week they were able to register 12 goals scorers against Elizabeth, and this was not a once off. For me it is a matter of is a team of champions, better than a champion team???

My heart says the Dragons, but my head says the Lions.

My Tip: Lions by 23 points

B Grade - Elizabeth vs North Haven

One thing is for sure, no love will be lost between these two sides on Saturday. The Eagles have had the edge over the Magpies during the Home & Away season for 2014, with a hard earned 5 point win at Largs North Reserve back in Round 2, and a more convincing 36 point win at Argana Park in Round 11. However, this game will not be decided on past results, rather who wants it more on the day.

The Eagles set-up their season in Rounds 1-9, however have limped into this Prelim winning only 1 of its past 3 games. Credit to the Eagles, they earned their double chance, but to lose last week to CBOC at home, and miss out on a direct path to the Grand-Final must have been demoralising. The Magpies on the other hand have won their last 6 games and finally have a settled playing list.

Both teams boast potent full forwards, with McCulloch kicking 74 goals from 16 games and Cotter bagging 65 goals from 15 games for their respective sides. A handy inclusion for the Magpies in the second half of the season is Forrest, who has chipped in with 22 goals from only 7 games, and will stretch the Eagles defence, who are yet to witness his capabilities.

Ascendancy and experienced heads from last years premiership side will see the Magpies get home in a hard fought contest.

My Tip: Magpies by 18 points
Last edited by Magpies Nest on Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Magpies Nest
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 21 times

Postby chief » Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:34 pm

Arrived back from o/s Saturday morning after 3wks and starved of a bit of footy I went out to watch WOS v ELIZ before the jet lag set in. Watched the first half and WOS looked far better with a close Knit team that play for each other and I reason they can get over CLG and can they do it again from 5th spot like last year. Good luck WOS
chief
Rookie

Been liked: 5 times
Grassroots Team: Greenacres

Postby scottroo » Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:00 pm

Sorry to ruin a good story but Westminster finished the home and away season in 3rd last year
scottroo
League - Best 21

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 172 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby bubba love » Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:29 am

What number does bamford wear for greenies?
bubba love
Under 18s

Been liked: 125 times
Grassroots Team: Mallee Park

Postby Magpies Nest » Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:32 am

bubba love wrote:What number does bamford wear for greenies?

How about you use your noggin and look on the SAAFL web-site [-X
Magpies Nest
Mini-League

Been liked: 21 times

Postby Inallseriousness » Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:39 am

Inallseriousness
Under 16s

Has liked: 119 times
Been liked: 106 times
Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

Postby turk186 » Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:36 pm

Congrats to Ben well deserved winner

Played the last few games with hamstring issues so a great result considering.
Opinions and bumholes..you either have one or are one IMO
turk186
League Bench Warmer

Been liked: 24 times
Grassroots Team: Greenacres

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League