SAAFL division 5 2014

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Who will win the division 5 grand final?

Adelaide Lutheran
8%
CBCOC
7%
Colonel Light Gardens
10%
Elizabeth
22%
Brahma Lodge
5%
Para Hills
7%
Trinity OS
3%
Greenacres
7%
North Haven
21%
Westminster OS
10%

Total votes : 107

Re: SAAFL division 5 2014

Postby bubba love » Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:01 pm

Yeah last quarter was pretty embarrassing for us, blokes letting off a bit of frustration I think, we def copped the worst of the umpiring but that's just my opinion, 13 for WOS is a gun, also 53 with the curly hair had plenty of it, bit of a girl but gets heaps of it, we couldn't get the ball passed half forward all day and turned it over time and time again!
bubba love
Under 18s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 125 times
Grassroots Team: Mallee Park

Postby Footy Chick » Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:29 pm

bubba love wrote:, 13 for WOS is a gun, !

Oh yes he is! 8)
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:21 pm

When ever Bradles didn't have a mouthful of beer all I heard was f****** Warburton again. Can seriously play!
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 738 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Bluedemon » Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:57 am

The Dark Knight wrote:
LaughingKookaburra wrote:In fairness to the Havens supporters they stayed classy. Saw 1 dickhead supporter from WOS on the outer wing with a megaphone who could have started a riot but even the ones that confronted him didn't take it too far out of context.... Good day of footy and 99.9% of people in the warm sun participated in the atmosphere well.

Yes LK he was a massive d!ckhead and could of definitely started a riot. Our footy director went over, had words with him and tired to take his megaphone away from him. He disappeared after that. Had a couple of younger WOS supporters near where all my friends were sitting having a laugh but they were harmless and not nearly as bad as that d!ck.

the person from your club did the right thing DK but just confronting him and telling him to be a civial supporter and accepting that his team was playing better.
SAFooty.net, where you hear the community football news first
Bluedemon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 83 times
Been liked: 96 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:00 am

Bluedemon wrote:
The Dark Knight wrote:
LaughingKookaburra wrote:In fairness to the Havens supporters they stayed classy. Saw 1 dickhead supporter from WOS on the outer wing with a megaphone who could have started a riot but even the ones that confronted him didn't take it too far out of context.... Good day of footy and 99.9% of people in the warm sun participated in the atmosphere well.

Yes LK he was a massive d!ckhead and could of definitely started a riot. Our footy director went over, had words with him and tired to take his megaphone away from him. He disappeared after that. Had a couple of younger WOS supporters near where all my friends were sitting having a laugh but they were harmless and not nearly as bad as that d!ck.

the person from your club did the right thing DK but just confronting him and telling him to be a civial supporter and accepting that his team was playing better.

Megaphones should be on the banned list, nothing good ever comes from them in GF's.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby WOS Dragons » Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:07 am

Finally back on deck after an epic weekend. Thanks to all the people who have congratulated us on here. It was a super effort from our lads to come from 5th against some quality sides. We honestly played our worst football for the year from round 16-18 but managed to re-group and set ourselves for the finals. We took basically no momentum into the finals but the confidence grew week to week and by the time the grand final came around we were flying.

Our emphasis was on pressuring the ball carrier and quick ball movement. A couple of great coaching moves to switch some players around and having almost a full squad to pick from certainly helped. On Saturdays game I was extremely happy with the way we settled. To be 4.0 to 0.1 at quarter time into a slight breeze was a great effort. I thought our blokes were first to the ball on most occasions and took the most of our chances. That then gave us the belief and momentum for the rest of the game.

IMO we probably got the better of the umpiring but that was principally because we put our head over the ball and generally got their first and the umps protected that. We did get a lot of free-kicks but I cant think of too many that weren't deserved. I do recall us getting a couple of lucky non-calls in the second 1/4 but they certainly didn't impact the result.

On the bloke with the mega-phone, surely people have to relax and just accept its a bit of banter. We were certainly copping it from the NH supporters and I'm sure if the scores had of been the other way around it would have got a lot worse. Crowds tend to sing when they're winning. Some will say its bad sportsmanship but to me its all a part of it. You should just laugh it off and get on with it, for people to say it was close to starting a riot is ridiculous - at the end of the day its amateur footy and should be about having a fun day out. I thought the crowd on a whole were great and I'm sure it would have been better if the result was closer.

For those commenting on #13 - it was also Warby's 150th game for the club on Saturday earning him life membership. He also played his 100th in the GF win over hope valley in 2008 - not a bad way to play your milestone games.

On a personal note, having been involved in all 4 of our A grade GF's since 2000 I can say coming from the elimination final is the best way to win them. The players just bond together over the 4 weeks and it certainly made celebrating with them over the last 3 days most enjoyable. We now have 3 days off the grog before the B&F on Friday night which I'm sure will be another huge night.

Go Dragons!
WOS Dragons
Rookie

Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 37 times
Grassroots Team: Westminster OS

Postby Dogwatcher » Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:31 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Bluedemon wrote:
The Dark Knight wrote:

Megaphones should be on the banned list, nothing good ever comes from them in GF's.

What about vuvuzelas?
Remember that NMFL under 17s GF at Virginia in 91 or 92, LM?
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:20 am

Dogwatcher wrote:
What about vuvuzelas?
Remember that NMFL under 17s GF at Virginia in 91 or 92, LM?

No, I remember losing a Prelim out there in 91. I've only ever seen bad things come out of megaphones at the footy, both from my clubs and opposition, it's all good until the p!ss takes over, I recall Elizabeth getting one out for a local derby that turned to sh!t pretty quickly.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Dogwatcher » Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:23 am

Salisbury v Elizabeth under 17s. Eagles won. An Elizabeth under 15 player had a horn that he'd bought at the show. Ran past a Salisbury player and blew it, he reacted and a massive all-in ensued. I've got pictures from the day. Crazy scene.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:01 pm

Dogwatcher wrote:Salisbury v Elizabeth under 17s. Eagles won. An Elizabeth under 15 player had a horn that he'd bought at the show. Ran past a Salisbury player and blew it, he reacted and a massive all-in ensued. I've got pictures from the day. Crazy scene.

I've been pretty happy after a premiership but I've never had a horn about it.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby smac » Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:10 pm

Dogwatcher wrote:Salisbury v Elizabeth under 17s. Eagles won. An Elizabeth under 15 player had a horn that he'd bought at the show. Ran past a Salisbury player and blew it, he reacted and a massive all-in ensued. I've got pictures from the day. Crazy scene.

By blew it, you mean he hit the player with it, don't you?
smac
Coach

Has liked: 165 times
Been liked: 233 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby Dogwatcher » Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:14 pm

I always understood it was blown in his ear and then the Salisbury player ripped it off of him.
You'd know better than me, though.

I knew you wouldn't be far from this thread ;)
Dogwatcher
Coach

Postby smac » Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:18 pm

Nah, whacked him on the bonce. Long time ago, 91 it was. Still shitty we lost, my one shot at being a premiership captain!
smac
Coach

Postby Pag » Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:19 pm

smac wrote:Nah, whacked him on the bonce. Long time ago, 91 it was. Still shitty we lost, my one shot at being a premiership captain!

Wasn't you that got whacked was it?
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 498 times

Postby smac » Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:21 pm

Nope, Dave Couzner. Hardest noggin on planet earth.

He was Sturt fitness coach in their 2002 flag and Port's when Cahill last coached, until Jack refused to stop for drink breaks.
smac
Coach

Postby Boosh » Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:23 pm

Dogwatcher wrote:What was he saying that was so offensive?

Most of it didn't bother me but mocking injured players with a megaphone is going way too far.

Congrats to WOS.
I have a problem. It's to do with the little man, the squashed-in French man, the naked little squashed up hairy boy! You know! With the hand feet
*I apologise to Hope Valley people in advance, no offence intended
Boosh
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 256 times
Been liked: 192 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:26 pm

smac wrote:Nah, whacked him on the bonce. Long time ago, 91 it was. Still shitty we lost, my one shot at being a premiership captain!

I was wondering when you were going to rear your ugly head on this one LOL.

That was a good year for the comp, we started becoming competitive in under 14's and claimed a few scalps along the journey for the next few years, the top 5 teams were all capable of beating each other on any given day.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby smac » Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:52 pm

Ugly? Buy a mirror! [emoji2]

Yep, was about as good as it got for NMFL, downhill slide started a year later I reckon.
smac
Coach

Postby WOS Dragons » Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:01 pm

Boosh wrote:
Dogwatcher wrote:What was he saying that was so offensive?

Most of it didn't bother me but mocking injured players with a megaphone is going way too far.

Congrats to WOS.

Yep - that one I will definitely give you, especially if seriously injured - any reports on how lipson is if that is the incident you are talking about?
WOS Dragons
Rookie

Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 37 times
Grassroots Team: Westminster OS

Postby Dogwatcher » Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:11 pm

We were both on the losing sides that day :(
Dogwatcher
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League