SAAFL division 5 2014

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Who will win the division 5 grand final?

Adelaide Lutheran
9
8%
CBCOC
7
7%
Colonel Light Gardens
11
10%
Elizabeth
24
22%
Brahma Lodge
5
5%
Para Hills
8
7%
Trinity OS
3
3%
Greenacres
7
7%
North Haven
22
21%
Westminster OS
11
10%
 
Total votes : 107

SAAFL division 5 2014

Postby Footy Chick » Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:17 pm

fire away...
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
User avatar
Footy Chick
Moderator
 
 
Posts: 26430
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2005 1:44 pm
Location: anywhere I want to be...
Has liked: 1652 times
Been liked: 2055 times

Re: SAAFL division 5 2014

Postby Wild Thing » Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:56 pm

so any recruiting news from anyone?
User avatar
Wild Thing
Rookie
 
Posts: 120
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:09 pm
Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Re: SAAFL division 5 2014

Postby Dogwatcher » Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:14 am

Any TOS'rs want to tell us about their footy trip and their lost luggage?
Smokin!
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach
 
 
Posts: 29320
Joined: Fri Mar 24, 2006 10:29 am
Location: The Bronx
Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Re: SAAFL division 5 2014

Postby GEESKIP » Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:42 pm

Carey Payne has been appointed A grade coach of the Elizabeth FC for 2014. Great get by the club.
User avatar
GEESKIP
Rookie
 
 
Posts: 200
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:26 pm
Location: inside 50
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Moonta

Re: SAAFL division 5 2014

Postby woodublieve12 » Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:50 pm

GEESKIP wrote:Carey Payne has been appointed A grade coach of the Elizabeth FC for 2014. Great get by the club.

:shock:
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
User avatar
woodublieve12
Coach
 
 
Posts: 16700
Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:48 pm
Has liked: 2908 times
Been liked: 2281 times

Re: SAAFL division 5 2014

Postby Cohiba » Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:19 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:
GEESKIP wrote:Carey Payne has been appointed A grade coach of the Elizabeth FC for 2014. Great get by the club.

:shock:


I agree....Surprising......Thought he might have been a chance to return to Eastern Park despite having left in unhappy circumstances.....Will be interesting to see who will follow him from the Lodge..... If they loose key personnel, I sense the Tigers may be in for a tough season having just been promoted to Div 3.

Have Parks named a new coach yet?
User avatar
Cohiba
Reserves
 
 
Posts: 908
Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:53 am
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 41 times

Re: SAAFL division 5 2014

Postby Footy Chick » Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:45 pm

Congratulations Elizabeth, you've got yourself quite a catch there!
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
User avatar
Footy Chick
Moderator
 
 
Posts: 26430
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2005 1:44 pm
Location: anywhere I want to be...
Has liked: 1652 times
Been liked: 2055 times

Re: SAAFL division 5 2014

Postby Dogwatcher » Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:34 pm

Great news on the Payne appointment.
Look forward to catching up and talking about the past ;)
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach
 
 
Posts: 29320
Joined: Fri Mar 24, 2006 10:29 am
Location: The Bronx
Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Re: SAAFL division 5 2014

Postby Browny25 » Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:08 pm

Well done to Elizabeth FC!!
User avatar
Browny25
Coach
 
 
Posts: 5284
Joined: Thu May 22, 2008 2:10 pm
Location: The Lodge
Has liked: 105 times
Been liked: 28 times
Grassroots Team: Brahma Lodge

Re: SAAFL division 5 2014

Postby Footy Chick » Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:10 pm

Elizabeth was where I first saw your bum Bear ;)
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
User avatar
Footy Chick
Moderator
 
 
Posts: 26430
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2005 1:44 pm
Location: anywhere I want to be...
Has liked: 1652 times
Been liked: 2055 times

Re: SAAFL division 5 2014

Postby Browny25 » Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:20 pm

Footy Chick wrote:Elizabeth was where I first saw your bum Bear ;)


Thats just weird
User avatar
Browny25
Coach
 
 
Posts: 5284
Joined: Thu May 22, 2008 2:10 pm
Location: The Lodge
Has liked: 105 times
Been liked: 28 times
Grassroots Team: Brahma Lodge

Re: SAAFL division 5 2014

Postby TOSSER » Sat Oct 19, 2013 7:18 am

GEESKIP wrote:Carey Payne has been appointed A grade coach of the Elizabeth FC for 2014. Great get by the club.


I expect them to be tough to beat given Carey's track record. Looking forward to coaching against him next year and continuing our respectful rivalry with our neighbours in 2014.
TOSSER
Rookie
 
 
Posts: 204
Joined: Wed May 26, 2010 11:32 pm
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 6 times
Grassroots Team: Trinity OS

Re: SAAFL division 5 2014

Postby Masha » Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:18 pm

TOSSER wrote:
GEESKIP wrote:Carey Payne has been appointed A grade coach of the Elizabeth FC for 2014. Great get by the club.


I expect them to be tough to beat given Carey's track record. Looking forward to coaching against him next year and continuing our respectful rivalry with our neighbours in 2014.


Wow didn't see this move coming.

Not intended in any way to be a negative towards Payney, but he has had very good sides at his disposal in recent times. From memory eliz weren't far away this year, so I would assume a slight top up will have them around the mark again. Could he make it 3 gf's in 3 years?
Masha
League Bench Warmer
 
Posts: 1246
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:28 pm
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 12 times
Grassroots Team: Brahma Lodge

Re: SAAFL division 5 2014

Postby ramming23 » Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:56 pm

Masha wrote:
TOSSER wrote:
GEESKIP wrote:Carey Payne has been appointed A grade coach of the Elizabeth FC for 2014. Great get by the club.


I expect them to be tough to beat given Carey's track record. Looking forward to coaching against him next year and continuing our respectful rivalry with our neighbours in 2014.


Wow didn't see this move coming.

Not intended in any way to be a negative towards Payney, but he has had very good sides at his disposal in recent times. From memory eliz weren't far away this year, so I would assume a slight top up will have them around the mark again. Could he make it 3 gf's in 3 years?


When he took over originally as Brahma's coach they were meant to be relegated the year before but managed to stay up due to a div 7 team not accepting the promotion. He is a very good coach and imagine that his son Trent along with a few others will join him at Elizabeth. It's only small talk at the moment but I would have Elizabeth as the team to beat this year and almost certain to be there in the final week. Calling it early
ramming23
Rookie
 
 
Posts: 230
Joined: Sun Jun 03, 2012 1:52 am
Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 26 times
Grassroots Team: Glenunga

Re: SAAFL division 5 2014

Postby GEESKIP » Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:11 am

ramming23 wrote:
Masha wrote:
TOSSER wrote:
GEESKIP wrote:Carey Payne has been appointed A grade coach of the Elizabeth FC for 2014. Great get by the club.


I expect them to be tough to beat given Carey's track record. Looking forward to coaching against him next year and continuing our respectful rivalry with our neighbours in 2014.


Wow didn't see this move coming.

Not intended in any way to be a negative towards Payney, but he has had very good sides at his disposal in recent times. From memory eliz weren't far away this year, so I would assume a slight top up will have them around the mark again. Could he make it 3 gf's in 3 years?


When he took over originally as Brahma's coach they were meant to be relegated the year before but managed to stay up due to a div 7 team not accepting the promotion. He is a very good coach and imagine that his son Trent along with a few others will join him at Elizabeth. It's only small talk at the moment but I would have Elizabeth as the team to beat this year and almost certain to be there in the final week. Calling it early

I think Brahma stayed up that year due to Edwardstown leaving the league, as for Trent coming on board that wont be happening as he has already signed with a club in the YPL.
User avatar
GEESKIP
Rookie
 
 
Posts: 200
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:26 pm
Location: inside 50
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Moonta

Re: SAAFL division 5 2014

Postby Footy Chick » Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:38 am

I thought it was Paralowie going bust? Not that it's important..LOL
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
User avatar
Footy Chick
Moderator
 
 
Posts: 26430
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2005 1:44 pm
Location: anywhere I want to be...
Has liked: 1652 times
Been liked: 2055 times

Re: SAAFL division 5 2014

Postby GEESKIP » Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:01 am

Footy Chick wrote:I thought it was Paralowie going bust? Not that it's important..LOL

No we played Paralowie that first season, I remember that much cause it was against them i did my shoulder :( but yes thats not important. What is important is that the Elizabeth FC improve on last season, with some smart recruiting and putting a few things in place off field Im sure they can.
User avatar
GEESKIP
Rookie
 
 
Posts: 200
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:26 pm
Location: inside 50
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Moonta

Re: SAAFL division 5 2014

Postby Doghouse13 » Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:24 pm

Is Paul Sherwood coaching at WOS again next year? Are they expected to keep majority of A graders from this season?
Doghouse13
Member
 
 
Posts: 62
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:33 pm
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 4 times

Re: SAAFL division 5 2014

Postby BenchedEagle » Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:36 pm

WOW! Did not expect that announcment!

Will be good for the club!! Carey feel free to bring ya big guns, but can you promise to leave unknown source at Brahma?? ;)
User avatar
BenchedEagle
League - Top 5
 
 
Posts: 2775
Joined: Thu Dec 14, 2006 2:05 pm
Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 47 times

Re: SAAFL division 5 2014

Postby scottroo » Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:32 pm

Doghouse9 wrote:Is Paul Sherwood coaching at WOS again next year? Are they expected to keep majority of A graders from this season?


Sherwood is going on, and i dont think theyd lose to many!! heard they may have a big signing brewing aswell
scottroo
League - Best 21
 
 
Posts: 1954
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2005 12:49 pm
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 162 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Next

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BigB and 5 guests