SAAFL division 6 2014

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Who will win the division 6 grand final?

Angle Vale
3%
Blackfriars OS
7%
Central United
2%
Fitzroy
13%
Ingle Farm
10%
Lockleys
4%
Mawson Lakes
13%
Mitchell Park
6%
Rosewater
33%
West Croydon
8%

Total votes : 98

Re: SAAFL division 6 2014

Postby marbles » Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:52 am

morell wrote:I like it marby!

Maybe all the Henley guys can rock up in boat shoes, their girlfriends denim shirts and a nipple singlet?

:D

i personally believe if your an A-Grader at a club who pays you and your team mates to play, the least you can do is present yourself as professionally as possible, as with cash being donated to your wallet, you therefore are a semi-professional sportsman

it brings great pride i bet to all club members & spectators to see their stars looking super impressive for their club and representing their club as one uniformed unit and wearing the club agrade uniform in its highest esteem

when ingle farm came to Henley and they all met in middle of oval with club colours shirts and black slacks, first impressions immediately noted we were facing a tough united outfit today
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 276 times
Been liked: 258 times

Postby zedman » Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:12 am

marbles wrote:
morell wrote:I like it marby!

Maybe all the Henley guys can rock up in boat shoes, their girlfriends denim shirts and a nipple singlet?

:D

i personally believe if your an A-Grader at a club who pays you and your team mates to play, the least you can do is present yourself as professionally as possible, as with cash being donated to your wallet, you therefore are a semi-professional sportsman

it brings great pride i bet to all club members & spectators to see their stars looking super impressive for their club and representing their club as one uniformed unit and wearing the club agrade uniform in its highest esteem

when ingle farm came to Henley and they all met in middle of oval with club colours shirts and black slacks, first impressions immediately noted we were facing a tough united outfit today

smartest thing you have said for a month marbles!..morell is just a college boy who wishes he was born a bogan so he pretends he hates wearing slacks :)

shows professionalism,self discipline and commits players to also be wearing the club shirt or colours..it also presents as a unified group..how can that be a bad thing for a club? seemed to work well for brahma lodge..you may have laughed at them morell but what grade are they in now?? :)

BP wizard: i would have thought its the coaches job to be at EVERY club function..its part of taking the role on..and its not cool to take players with you when you leave a club..its like stealing money from your own family..you can say they are "following" you because they like the way you coach but you arent the coach at TOSFC so that dont cut it imo..
zedman
Coach

Has liked: 1078 times
Been liked: 387 times

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:18 am

zedman wrote:BP wizard: i would have thought its the coaches job to be at EVERY club function....

Hmm I think it depends on the function, and how long they are there. Personally i dont think coaches should be at the club getting blind with the players, opens them up to an array of issues as well as jeopardising the players level of respect for them.

Coaches job is to ensure on field success, encourage a positive culture and nuture/develop players. Yes support what the club is doing off the field so long as it doesn't affect what they are trying to do on the field.
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Has liked: 402 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:23 am

And yes i think A grader should wear slacks and present themselves professionally and with a level of decorum.

First impressions last.
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Postby zedman » Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:42 am

Phantom Gossiper wrote:
zedman wrote:BP wizard: i would have thought its the coaches job to be at EVERY club function....

Hmm I think it depends on the function, and how long they are there. Personally i dont think coaches should be at the club getting blind with the players, opens them up to an array of issues as well as jeopardising the players level of respect for them.

Coaches job is to ensure on field success, encourage a positive culture and nuture/develop players. Yes support what the club is doing off the field so long as it doesn't affect what they are trying to do on the field.

you dont have get blind at an event..every social night organised, every football related meal night, every presentation after games and end of year awards, every event the junior committee ask for attendance etc etc are the functions i would expect my club coach to be at and as a coach i would attend all of these events and my social life ( whats left of it :) ) would take a back seat to these events..as A grade coach you are the face of the club..
zedman
Coach

Postby nos » Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:07 pm

Hey Zedman......you sound like the Coach AV is probably looking for ! :supz:
nos
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1 time

Postby zedman » Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:22 pm

nos wrote:Hey Zedman......you sound like the Coach AV is probably looking for ! :supz:

very kind nos but im sure there are many others who think the same,just have to find one and appoint him! good luck in div 6 next year mate :)
zedman
Coach

Postby morell » Thu Oct 31, 2013 2:01 pm

marbles wrote:i personally believe if your an A-Grader at a club who pays you and your team mates to play, the least you can do is present yourself as professionally as possible, as with cash being donated to your wallet, you therefore are a semi-professional sportsman
Ah, so its payment based then? Does that mean Colonel Light Gardens players should be rocking up in gold plated tuxedos?

I get that if you’re a paid player, you’re a professional, but lots of professionals don’t wear slacks to work. Many successful CEO’s don’t even wear them anymore.

Wearing club colours, tops etc is different, I think you should endeavour to wear your clubs colours where appropriate to show your numbers publically, but slacks and therefore dress shoes for Div 6 amateur football in the middle of winter is not practical and achieves nothing.

marbles wrote:it brings great pride i bet to all club members & spectators to see their stars looking super impressive for their club and representing their club as one uniformed unit and wearing the club agrade uniform in its highest esteem
Mate, we’re talking amateur football players here, not Nobel prize nominees.

marbles wrote:when ingle farm came to Henley and they all met in middle of oval with club colours shirts and black slacks, first impressions immediately noted we were facing a tough united outfit today
How does wearing black slacks make a team look tough? If anything if a team rocked up in army gear or high vis jackets I would be more inclined to think we were in for a tough day. When teams rock up all in black slacks I think they look like a bunch of try hards and to be honest … a weakness to exploit – their ego’s!

zedman wrote:smartest thing you have said for a month marbles!
You know you’re wrong when you’re agreeing with marbles zed old mate. Surely that should be a pretty strong indicator that your opinion is a bit askew.

zedman wrote:morell is just a college boy who wishes he was born a bogan so he pretends he hates wearing slacks :)
Hahahaha, whilst true, if you knew where and who I grew up with I would suggest there is no possible way you could question my bogan lineage.

And I wear slacks every day, that’s my point, it’s annoying, I don’t then want to wear them all day Saturday as well. Plus it means you have to wear dress shoes. I don’t particularly want to be traipsing through the middle of Mawson Lakes oval during winter in a pair of $300 Florsheim’s that I need to put back on Monday morning because some coach with a problem with authority needed to enforce his image into his charges.

zedman wrote:shows professionalism,self discipline and commits players..it also presents as a unified group..how can that be a bad thing for a club?
Oh what a load of crap. Yet another one of these old school football myths that get trotted out. It means nothing. It does nothing. It achieves nothing other than annoying players. Maybe that’s the point - unifying a team through a common bond of being annoyed? Some of the best, most professional, disciplined footballers I have ever known would know how to spell “black slacks”, let alone wear them. Some of the best most disciplined football teams I have played in and against rocked up in Adidas trackies and ugg boots.

On field discipline is achieved by having strong leaders, clear guidelines and a framework for play and dare I say it, getting the ‘effing pill first and kicking more damn goals.

zedman wrote:seemed to work well for brahma lodge..you may have laughed at them morell but what grade are they in now?? :)
At the time they finished one spot above us. 3rd to bottom. Maybe they have relaxed their dress code and have since climbed the ranks?

But really, at this level winning and getting up the ranks you need these things:

Talent – players which can get the ball, kick it accurately, mark it, kick goals, defend and read the play.
Structure – each of the key positions along the spine are filled adequately FB to FF. Good balance in the midfield between offence and defence etc
Depth – Are there players who can step up not if you get injuries but when.
Luck – self explanatory.

And to a certain extent fitness, but I think that’s overrated too, but it does increase in importance the higher you go.

Have all of that in abundance and you could all rock up wearing a pink too-too and it wouldn't matter.

Phantom Gossiper wrote:And yes i think A grader should wear slacks and present themselves professionally and with a level of decorum.

First impressions last.
Whom are we trying to impress?
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1141 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Thu Oct 31, 2013 2:28 pm

morell wrote:
Phantom Gossiper wrote:And yes i think A grader should wear slacks and present themselves professionally and with a level of decorum.

First impressions last.

Look respectable.

Imagine a team rolling up straight outta the hood repping their baggy jeans, FUBU jumpers or dirty wife beater.. you'd look and go "Oh wow Mitchell Park are a real classy lot" :roll: but you would also no doubt formulate an instant opinion on the club and it's personnell.

We are trying to impress sponsors, rival clubs, supporters and prospective players
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Postby Fricky » Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:42 pm

Peter Scheuffele the new A grade coach at Rosewater
Fricky
League - Best 21

Has liked: 94 times
Been liked: 120 times
Grassroots Team: Walkerville

Postby Footy Chick » Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:44 pm

Phantom Gossiper wrote:
morell wrote:

First impressions last.

Look respectable.

Imagine a team rolling up straight outta the hood repping their baggy jeans, FUBU jumpers or dirty wife beater.. you'd look and go "Oh wow Mitchell Park are a real classy lot" :roll: but you would also no doubt formulate an instant opinion on the club and it's personnell.

We are trying to impress sponsors, rival clubs, supporters and prospective players

FUBU :lol:
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby Cohiba » Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:00 pm

[quote="morell"]

I get that if you’re a paid player, you’re a professional, but lots of professionals don’t wear slacks to work. Many successful CEO’s don’t even wear them anymore.

CEO's are a team of one.....poor analogy....
Cohiba
Reserves

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 41 times

Postby X Runna » Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:26 pm

Suri wrote:Peter Scheuffele the new A grade coach at Rosewater

That's a very good get.
X Runna
Reserves

Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 58 times
Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

Postby Cohiba » Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:33 pm

X Runna wrote:

That's a very good get.

:shock: Spoke to Peter and the end of last season and congratulated him on an outstanding career....on what I understood to be his retirement from coaching....... Very surprising turn around but great news for Johnny Reardon and the Doggies....
Cohiba
Reserves

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 41 times

Postby morell » Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:47 pm

Phantom Gossiper wrote:
morell wrote:

First impressions last.

Look respectable.

We are? Shit! Why didn't anyone tell us?

You're constructing a straw man argument however. My point isn't really about wearing FUBU and looking like douches bags, its specifically around the requirement and rule to wear dress pants and shoes to amatuer league football games as a player.

Look respectable - sure
Wear club colours - preferable
Hair gel - if you play for CLG

Black slacks and dress shoes - if you're a coach or a wanker.

Cohiba wrote:
morell wrote:

CEO's are a team of one.....poor analogy....
Bad CEO's maybe. Good CEO's are part of a team. Great CEO's are lead by and serve the team.

It's an apt analogy. Black slacks and dress shoes at the football don't equate to professionalism, class, discipline or anything at all really. This is evident in the corporate world amongst many other industries.

Besides, when we tried it, some of the trousers blokes rocked up with looked absolutely awful. Some guys just cant wear those sorts of pants and look decent.

So if were after impressing people (I mean really? I though we were playing a game of football to win, and have fun) guys should be encouraged to wear things that suit their body type, gait and sense of fashion.
morell
Coach

Postby Fricky » Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:53 pm

Cohiba wrote:
X Runna wrote:

That's a very good get.

:shock: Spoke to Peter and the end of last season and congratulated him on an outstanding career....on what I understood to be his retirement from coaching....... Very surprising turn around but great news for Johnny Reardon and the Doggies....

I have always said that Sheff could never walk away from the game and I'm not surprised he has been appointed as coach at another club. Good luck to him and his new boys this season. Maybe he can add to the 17 flags he's already won over his long career.
Last edited by Fricky on Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fricky
League - Best 21

Postby morell » Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:57 pm

How does Peter feel about wearing slacks to the game?
morell
Coach

Postby scottroo » Thu Oct 31, 2013 5:09 pm

Some nice little digs at CLG there morrell, I personally think slacks, and shoes looks very professional, as the football director of a division 5 club, the difference I see between div 1 and 2 clubs and clubs in div 6, besides the talent obviously, is the professionalism in those clubs. We are striving to get up to those grades, so why not follow them and dress professionally? it also looks good to potential players, sponsors, junior parents etc that clubs are lifting there game and creating an environment they want to be around....maybe mitchell park should try it ;)
scottroo
League - Best 21

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 172 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Fricky » Thu Oct 31, 2013 5:34 pm

morell wrote:How does Peter feel about wearing slacks to the game?

I doubt Sheff will change his normal game day attire of club shirt, jeans and sneakers :D
Fricky
League - Best 21

Postby Q. » Thu Oct 31, 2013 5:45 pm

I bet, when asked, the majority of A-grade squads would vote to wear slacks. Hey, it's not going to win you a premiership, but it does represent a fraction of the collective unity needed to win them.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League