SAAFL division 6 2014

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Who will win the division 6 grand final?

Angle Vale
3%
Blackfriars OS
7%
Central United
2%
Fitzroy
13%
Ingle Farm
10%
Lockleys
4%
Mawson Lakes
13%
Mitchell Park
6%
Rosewater
33%
West Croydon
8%

Total votes : 98

Re: SAAFL division 6 2014

Postby Doghouse13 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:12 am

johnny bravo wrote:Looks like Central United will avoid the chop to Division 7 after all.
Div 6 to have 10 teams with below the order of clubs getting offered that 10th spot

Central United
Houghton Districts
Smithfield
Flinders University
North Pines

Pretty funny that Smithfield with all their off field dramas this season could potentially be promoted to Div 6 :lol:

Seems like a bizarre move considering they were relegated as a result of poor behaviour??
You would think if they are going to go down this path they would have CU and Smithfield at the bottom of the list to come up not top.
Doghouse13

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 4 times

Postby Footy Chick » Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:33 am

Yep, I find that bizarre as well.
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby Doghouse13 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:36 am

Footy Chick wrote:Yep, I find that bizarre as well.

I know Danky said he wouldn't be opposed to Adelaide Uni fielding teams in D6 again.
Doghouse13

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 4 times

Postby the milky bar kid » Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:51 am

johnny bravo wrote:Looks like Central United will avoid the chop to Division 7 after all.
Div 6 to have 10 teams with below the order of clubs getting offered that 10th spot

Central United
Houghton Districts
Smithfield
Flinders University
North Pines

Pretty funny that Smithfield with all their off field dramas this season could potentially be promoted to Div 6 :lol:

Nothing funny about it at all... :shock: [-X
Would be a disgrace if allowed to happen
the milky bar kid
League - Best 21

Has liked: 119 times
Been liked: 238 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Quarterman » Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:55 am

So you want to leave Smithfield and CU in the same comp as each other. Yeah I can see how that'd be bizarre.
Quarterman
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby Mr Beefy » Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:57 am

Central United
Houghton Districts
Smithfield
Flinders University
North Pines

I think rather than pick out a small portion of the email, you need to post it in the context of the rest of the email.

"Should it come to pass that we need to fill that 10th spot in Division 6, the spot will be “offered” in the first round in the order listed below......"
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 406 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby morell » Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:38 pm

Would have thought Houghton should be first off the rank.
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1141 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby Footy Chick » Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:13 pm

Quarterman wrote:
So you want to leave Smithfield and CU in the same comp as each other. Yeah I can see how that'd be bizarre.

What I find even bizarrer, is that the league would even remotely consider putting Smithfield in the same comp as Ingle Farm.

Touche.
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby old farmer » Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:17 pm

CU sent to div 7 for disipline reasons and Smithfield only allowed back into the comp after a suspension. I thought it was someone having a lend of me when i got the email. Why would the SAAFL even think about promoting them??? No punishment served, go back up to div 6....Reallly.
Success is not final; failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts....
old farmer
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 112 times
Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

Postby old farmer » Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:19 pm

Mr Beefy wrote:

Central United
Houghton Districts
Smithfield
Flinders University
North Pines

I think rather than pick out a small portion of the email, you need to post it in the context of the rest of the email.

"Should it come to pass that we need to fill that 10th spot in Division 6, the spot will be “offered” in the first round in the order listed below......"

Doesn't change the fact they are considering promoting 2 teams who are currently being punished and are on their last chances....
Success is not final; failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts....
old farmer
League Bench Warmer

Been liked: 112 times
Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

Postby Yank Man » Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:08 pm

zedman wrote:
Yank Man wrote:
has been wrote:Think you might find the HFL won't allow seniors only. Will be all in HFL or none in. Damage is already done. I know one nearby club has got one of their better juniors and he is bringing 4 of his mates. They don't want to play down town. January will be an interesting time.

Agree has been, Feb will be just as important too, when the clearances come in. Lofty should stay where they are including their juniors and work on getting back to HFL Central. SAAFL is not a good option for the club and Metro Sth juniors, well less said the better.

i have been critical in the past but the MSJFL appears to be going ok these days..11 clubs and 9 grades from 8's - 16.5's..a girls competition next year as well..what dont you like yankman?

Mt Lofty. Mind you I was a little critical in the way they handled the Edwardstown situation.
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 317 times
Grassroots Team: Edwardstown

Postby norm11 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:22 pm

Any news on angle vale players going to two wells??
Back to the creek it is.
norm11
League - Top 5

Has liked: 470 times
Been liked: 53 times

Postby bickle » Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:16 pm

norm11 wrote:Any news on angle vale players going to two wells??

first time I've heard that one, but I have heard talk that av are talking to a few quality players at the moment.
been told there is 3 definites leaving. I hear their could be 4-5 in total but gaining at least 5-6. The gains their talking to, if they get them, seems like they will cover those guy's comfortably.
there's two I heard going to TW, one from Gepps I think & the other name is Cox...................(not the nomad Cox). :)
bickle
Under 16s

Been liked: 2 times

Postby carey » Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:21 am

old farmer wrote:
Mr Beefy wrote:

Central United
Houghton Districts
Smithfield
Flinders University
North Pines

Doesn't change the fact they are considering promoting 2 teams who are currently being punished and are on their last chances....

For starters its not promoting CU as the last time I checked CU played Div 6 last year!

The SAAFL never sent CU to div 6 it was a club choice with the options that were laid out in front of them.

Has anyone actually seriously thought that the SAAFL would 'Punish' CU by sending them down to win a flag? Come on you blokes cant be serious the gap between 6 and 7 is the length of south road I doubt CU would've lost a game in div 7

Sorry to let facts get in the way of forum dribble
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2808 times
Been liked: 2996 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby Q. » Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:22 am

^^^ what Carey said.

I think the SAAFL have had second thoughts about the CU demotion and it not really being a punishment.

And let's be serious, they are one club on that list already in a ready made position to be competitive in D6.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times

Postby Q. » Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:23 am

bickle wrote:
norm11 wrote:Any news on angle vale players going to two wells??

first time I've heard that one, but I have heard talk that av are talking to a few quality players at the moment.
been told there is 3 definites leaving. I hear their could be 4-5 in total but gaining at least 5-6. The gains their talking to, if they get them, seems like they will cover those guy's comfortably.
there's two I heard going to TW, one from Gepps I think & the other name is Cox...................(not the nomad Cox). :)

I've heard AV have lost some to TOS, Smithfield and now Two Wells. Mass exodus?
Last edited by Q. on Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Q.
Coach

Postby Q. » Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:24 am

Last edited by Q. on Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Q.
Coach

Postby johnny bravo » Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:03 am

carey wrote:
For starters its not promoting CU as the last time I checked CU played Div 6 last year!

The SAAFL never sent CU to div 6 it was a club choice with the options that were laid out in front of them.

Has anyone actually seriously thought that the SAAFL would 'Punish' CU by sending them down to win a flag? Come on you blokes cant be serious the gap between 6 and 7 is the length of south road I doubt CU would've lost a game in div 7

Are you still coaching Central United next season?
johnny bravo

Been liked: 1 time

Postby bickle » Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:12 am

I've heard AV have lost some to TOS, Smithfield and now Two Wells. Mass exodus?[/quote][/quote]

?
Last edited by bickle on Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bickle
Under 16s

Been liked: 2 times

Postby tomo » Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:33 am

carey wrote:
old farmer wrote:
Mr Beefy wrote:

Central United
Houghton Districts
Smithfield
Flinders University
North Pines

Except for when they would have played Houghton!!!!
tomo
Under 16s

Been liked: 14 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League