SAAFL division 6 2014

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Who will win the division 6 grand final?

Angle Vale
3%
Blackfriars OS
7%
Central United
2%
Fitzroy
13%
Ingle Farm
10%
Lockleys
4%
Mawson Lakes
13%
Mitchell Park
6%
Rosewater
33%
West Croydon
8%

Total votes : 98

Re: SAAFL division 6 2014

Postby Yank Man » Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:02 pm

carey wrote:
old farmer wrote:
Mr Beefy wrote:
johnny bravo wrote:Looks like Central United will avoid the chop to Division 7 after all.
Div 6 to have 10 teams with below the order of clubs getting offered that 10th spot

Central United
Houghton Districts
Smithfield
Flinders University
North Pines

Pretty funny that Smithfield with all their off field dramas this season could potentially be promoted to Div 6 :lol:

I think rather than pick out a small portion of the email, you need to post it in the context of the rest of the email.

"Should it come to pass that we need to fill that 10th spot in Division 6, the spot will be “offered” in the first round in the order listed below......"

Doesn't change the fact they are considering promoting 2 teams who are currently being punished and are on their last chances....

For starters its not promoting CU as the last time I checked CU played Div 6 last year!

The SAAFL never sent CU to div 6 it was a club choice with the options that were laid out in front of them.

Has anyone actually seriously thought that the SAAFL would 'Punish' CU by sending them down to win a flag? Come on you blokes cant be serious the gap between 6 and 7 is the length of south road I doubt CU would've lost a game in div 7

Sorry to let facts get in the way of forum dribble

The gaps not that big carey, maybe the length of main nth rd, south rd goes from Boliver to Yankalilla. :D Personally I think CU should still be in Div 6 anyway. I understand all the issues from 2013 but surely they can be given an opportunity to change things, and you had already began that procedure.

It's certainly a daunting road trip for us southern clubs but that's footy, you take the good with the bad. ;)
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 317 times
Grassroots Team: Edwardstown

Postby Esteban Vihaio » Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:46 pm

carey wrote:
old farmer wrote:
Mr Beefy wrote:
johnny bravo wrote:Looks like Central United will avoid the chop to Division 7 after all.
Div 6 to have 10 teams with below the order of clubs getting offered that 10th spot

Central United
Houghton Districts
Smithfield
Flinders University
North Pines

Pretty funny that Smithfield with all their off field dramas this season could potentially be promoted to Div 6 :lol:

I think rather than pick out a small portion of the email, you need to post it in the context of the rest of the email.

"Should it come to pass that we need to fill that 10th spot in Division 6, the spot will be “offered” in the first round in the order listed below......"

Doesn't change the fact they are considering promoting 2 teams who are currently being punished and are on their last chances....

For starters its not promoting CU as the last time I checked CU played Div 6 last year!

The SAAFL never sent CU to div 6 it was a club choice with the options that were laid out in front of them.

Has anyone actually seriously thought that the SAAFL would 'Punish' CU by sending them down to win a flag? Come on you blokes cant be serious the gap between 6 and 7 is the length of south road I doubt CU would've lost a game in div 7

Sorry to let facts get in the way of forum dribble

I think getting demoted for discipline reasons would have hurt player recruitment and to a lesser exten retention. CU would have been odds on favourite but they would hold the forced demotion tag for more than one year.
Where's Bill? Yeah... Hmm... Bill is on the Villa Quatro, on the road to Salina. I will draw you a map.
Esteban Vihaio
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 36 times

Postby watchdog » Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:40 am

The Glenunga Football Club is looking for an A & B Grade Trial on March 15th.

Glenunga (Webb) oval is not available on this day so the trial will need to be away.

If interested PM me.
watchdog
Under 18s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 11 times

Postby morell » Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:33 am

Why not demote CU and then deduct points so they can't win a flag?

That what i would do if the problem was serious enough.
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1141 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby jaykay13 » Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:27 pm

Both CU and Smithfield shouldnt be allowed to play in the SAAFL - there on and off field behavior is nothing short of a disgrace. The league need to grow some balls!
jaykay13
Mini-League

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 6 times

Postby Cohiba » Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:39 am

jaykay13 wrote:Both CU and Smithfield shouldnt be allowed to play in the SAAFL - there on and off field behavior is nothing short of a disgrace. The league need to grow some balls!

Hotly debated once........but its fish and chips now.........
Cohiba
Reserves

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 41 times

Postby GEESKIP » Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:16 am

jaykay13 wrote:Both CU and Smithfield shouldnt be allowed to play in the SAAFL - there on and off field behavior is nothing short of a disgrace. The league need to grow some balls!

Lets get rid of CU, Smithfield, Eastern Park, Elizabeth, Salisbury, Salisbury West, Salisbury North, Brahma Lodge, Angle Vale, Para Hills, Ingle Farm. Them Northern clubs are more trouble than they are worth hey and you Southerners dont have to drive to far and worry about your cars being stolen ;)
GEESKIP
Rookie

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Moonta

Postby Footy Chick » Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:54 am

You forgot North Pines and Pooraka and if we're talking about clubs on THAT side of Grand Junction, technically we could throw Greenacres, TOS and TTG in there too ;)

Luckily, we fall about 400m short of the boundary ;) That's almost a 2 division CDFA comp re-formed right there ;)

*for those with older computers without sarcasm detector- I'm being humerous, before you have a crack
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby GEESKIP » Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:08 am

Footy Chick wrote:You forgot North Pines and Pooraka and if we're talking about clubs on THAT side of Grand Junction, technically we could throw Greenacres, TOS and TTG in there too ;)

Luckily, we fall about 400m short of the boundary ;) That's almost a 2 division CDFA comp re-formed right there ;)

*for those with older computers without sarcasm detector- I'm being humerous, before you have a crack

:lol: I knew i forgot a couple
GEESKIP
Rookie

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Moonta

Postby morell » Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:59 am

GEESKIP wrote:

Lets get rid of CU, Smithfield, Eastern Park, Elizabeth, Salisbury, Salisbury West, Salisbury North, Brahma Lodge, Angle Vale, Para Hills, Ingle Farm. Them Northern clubs are more trouble than they are worth hey and you Southerners dont have to drive to far and worry about your cars being stolen ;)
Sounds good to me!
morell
Coach

Postby woodublieve12 » Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:08 pm

morell wrote:
GEESKIP wrote:

Sounds good to me!

agreed. great idea
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3023 times
Been liked: 2398 times

Postby Yank Man » Fri Dec 20, 2013 7:27 pm

Footy Chick wrote:You forgot North Pines and Pooraka and if we're talking about clubs on THAT side of Grand Junction, technically we could throw Greenacres, TOS and TTG in there too ;)

C'mon FC, that's not fair, you know how much I thrive on the old North versus South. It's what I live for.
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Postby Danky$$ » Sat Dec 21, 2013 11:08 am

Central United need a spell in div 7 for a year. Them and Smithfield can have a couple of good games
Danky$$
Rookie

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 16 times

Postby The Old Fellow » Mon Dec 23, 2013 5:13 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:
morell wrote:
GEESKIP wrote:

Sounds good to me!

agreed. great idea

Been reading this thread and its starting to bore me. Everyone is getting what happened second and third hand and even with most tenth hand. Even the league is getting it second hand as they weren't there. I recon that its Chinese whispers at its best exaggeration, truth bent, turned up side down, add a bit of fiction and do some more exaggeration. Who really knows all what happened? Who saw everything? I heard with Smithfield it was mainly off the oval with their spectators and with CU with their A grade it was their mouth and not physical (their B were physical) but I wasn't there either so now its eleventh hand. I would rather put up with some mouth as long as they don't cross the line like they did last season rather than a senior player or two playing the hero in the B grade.
Some want to kill off a club - with Morrell saying demote CU and then deduct points. I understand CU were orginally demoted as they lost points and now you want to penalize the club a second time.

Looking at the teams for division 6 should get rid of Mitchell Park as they are the only southern club and promote ??? (you call it).

Get the tongues wagging again.
The Old Fellow
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 24 times
Grassroots Team: Barmera-Monash

Postby jaykay13 » Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:10 pm

what a load of rubbish old fellow! You obviously dont get to many games! The game plan is built around intimidation!
jaykay13
Mini-League

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 6 times

Postby The Old Fellow » Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:33 pm

Most probably played and seen more matches than you have had hot dinners. If a game plan is built around intimidation its about three to four decades too late. May have worked in the 70's and 80's when you needed eyes in the back of your head as well. Give the coaches some credit as I wouldn't think they would scope so low and also neither team would have had the cattle to apply it anyway. Let us know the matches you actually saw Smithfield or CU play last season where this so called intimidation was applied and actually worked.
The Old Fellow
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 24 times
Grassroots Team: Barmera-Monash

Postby piglet1 » Tue Dec 24, 2013 6:05 am

Central United should be allowed to stay in div 6 if that's what the saafl agrees to they didn't finish near the relegation zone so they should be able to stay up. I think you'd find that the saafl would be keeping a close eye on them anyway, so I don't think they'd be allowed to slip up at all next year.
piglet1
Rookie

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 8 times

Postby morell » Tue Dec 24, 2013 7:54 am

The Old Fellow wrote:Been reading this thread and its starting to bore me. Everyone is getting what happened second and third hand and even with most tenth hand.

Even the league is getting it second hand as they weren't there. I recon that its Chinese whispers at its best exaggeration, truth bent, turned up side down, add a bit of fiction and do some more exaggeration.
My opinion of the Central United FC is based on their tribunal record this season - I think it's the worst of any club I have got statistics on.

It's not innuendo, its not rumour, its not unfounded mistruths. Its cold hard huge numbers of games of players being rubbed out for thuggery, misbehavior and just plain disgraces that make the newspapers for **** sake.

Facts are - Central United are in the top 3 for worst tribunal record this decade. Sure, some may have been poor judgments or flashes in a pan, but, over a decade, that shows a distinctive pattern and empirical proof that there is an issue there, which the league is rightly trying to address.

The Old Fellow wrote:Who really knows all what happened? Who saw everything? I heard with Smithfield it was mainly off the oval with their spectators and with CU with their A grade it was their mouth and not physical (their B were physical) but I wasn't there either so now its eleventh hand. I would rather put up with some mouth as long as they don't cross the line like they did last season rather than a senior player or two playing the hero in the B grade.
So you weren't there either yet you're pointing our or criticising others who were there? I played central untied out on their ground and can vouch for a lot of the behaviours I am sure the league have been concerned about.

The Old Fellow wrote:Some want to kill off a club - with Morrell saying demote CU and then deduct points. I understand CU were originally demoted as they lost points and now you want to penalize the club a second time.
It was an idea as it was seen as just demoting a club and handing them a premiership wasn't punishment, so no, it wouldn't be a second time it would be ensuring they were punished properly the first time.

The Old Fellow wrote:Looking at the teams for division 6 should get rid of Mitchell Park as they are the only southern club and promote ??? (you call it).
If you think this is about geography then you're very seriously mistaken.

The Old Fellow wrote:Get the tongues wagging again.
Indeed.
morell
Coach

Postby woodublieve12 » Tue Dec 24, 2013 8:02 am

jaykay13 wrote:what a load of rubbish old fellow! You obviously dont get to many games! The game plan is built around intimidation!

annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd

"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3023 times
Been liked: 2398 times

Postby Yank Man » Tue Dec 24, 2013 10:16 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:
jaykay13 wrote:what a load of rubbish old fellow! You obviously dont get to many games! The game plan is built around intimidation!

annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd

That is bloody GOLD. You need a job in the media. Hahaha.
Yank Man
League - Top 5

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League