SAAFL division 6 2014

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Who will win the division 6 grand final?

Angle Vale
3%
Blackfriars OS
7%
Central United
2%
Fitzroy
13%
Ingle Farm
10%
Lockleys
4%
Mawson Lakes
13%
Mitchell Park
6%
Rosewater
33%
West Croydon
8%

Total votes : 98

Re: SAAFL division 6 2014

Postby zedman » Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:08 pm

carey wrote:
Bombers4EVA wrote:
carey wrote:
Bombers4EVA wrote:G'day there Carey. You guys all ready to go this season?

I've retired. Doing guest appearances with Ian Henderson telling war stories of how good we used to be. Although Hendo has more Jumpers than an Oakbank trainer I just tag along with him :lol:

Ah Hendo. Is he still kicking on again at Mawson's or has he moved on? How do you think United will go this year?

3 or 4 posts above mate.

5th for mine. Some very good kids out there at the moment they have replaced Fuller in the Ruck also have a bloke returning to the A grade in the best condition his been in since winning a medal and a G/F who is a midfielder obviously Hall is a loss but someone will fill the void. Contrary to what Zedman thinks The Units are a very good side at home I wouldn't right them off at all.

Tough middle 4 teams fight for 2 finals spots (Blackfriars, WC, CU and Lockleys)

i think all teams back themselves at home carey..my point is they are no harder to beat than any other team on their own dung hill if you dont go there with the right attitude..units won 3 and lost 4 at home in 2013 including a 5 goal defeat to MPFC who finished 8th..
zedman
Coach

Has liked: 1078 times
Been liked: 387 times

Postby carey » Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:18 pm

2013 wasn't a great year for the Units but my point is and I know for a fact there are a few coaches in this div that agree with me that C/U are a much much better side at home than playing away.

And highlighting the loss to the 8th ranked side doesn't mean much as a one off game, I believe we beat you guys on your home deck when you guys were flying. One game doesn't make it right or wrong

I stand by the fact I believe that C/U are about a 5 goal better side at home.
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2802 times
Been liked: 2989 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby Bombers4EVA » Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:21 pm

carey wrote:2013 wasn't a great year for the Units but my point is and I know for a fact there are a few coaches in this div that agree with me that C/U are a much much better side at home than playing away.

And highlighting the loss to the 8th ranked side doesn't mean much as a one off game, I believe we beat you guys on your home deck when you guys were flying. One game doesn't make it right or wrong

I agree Carey. Ive played you guys a number of times. You guys seem to lift at home. If you can use that same formula away, you will be a team to reckon with.
Bombers4EVA
League - Best 21

Has liked: 326 times
Been liked: 89 times

Postby Bombers4EVA » Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:23 pm

Hey Carey, are you going to miss the great man "Riddler" now that he has moved onto greener pastures??
Bombers4EVA
League - Best 21

Postby zedman » Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:37 pm

carey wrote:2013 wasn't a great year for the Units but my point is and I know for a fact there are a few coaches in this div that agree with me that C/U are a much much better side at home than playing away.

i said all teams would back themselves at home..that includes units..

you beat us at home in 2012..its relevance i fail to see as we are discussing units at home not CLG..i highlighted the MPFC loss because the fortress didnt seem to help you beat the 8th team that day..i thought it was pertinent..

my point is that everyone is better at home and mofflin is no harder to win at than playing at MLFC, TOSFC, RFC or BOSFC for example..its just another tough away game..as they all are..
zedman
Coach

Has liked: 1078 times
Been liked: 387 times

Postby carey » Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:38 pm

Bombers4EVA wrote:Hey Carey, are you going to miss the great man "Riddler" now that he has moved onto greener pastures??

I have a lot of time for Richard Chee Quee I always have and that will continue.

Have you seen the man dance? Smoke was coming off the Slug dance floor along with hearts breaking all over the place :lol:
carey
Coach

Postby Bombers4EVA » Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:52 pm

carey wrote:
Bombers4EVA wrote:Hey Carey, are you going to miss the great man "Riddler" now that he has moved onto greener pastures??

I have a lot of time for Richard Chee Quee I always have and that will continue.

Have you seen the man dance? Smoke was coming off the Slug dance floor along with hearts breaking all over the place :lol:

Been privildged to see the "John Travolta" of the modern era strut his stuff on a few occasions. He will be surely missed at the Lakes, but I believe his influence at the Legs will go far. Maybe we will see him coaching the big league in the near future me thinks.
Bombers4EVA
League - Best 21

Postby the milky bar kid » Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:53 pm

carey wrote:

I presume you are talking about the latest Aami Insurance ad?
the milky bar kid
League - Best 21

Has liked: 119 times
Been liked: 238 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Yank Man » Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:09 pm

Rosewater
Fitzroy
Mawson Lakes
Lockleys
West Croydon
Central United
BOS
Ingle Farm
Angle Vale
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 317 times
Grassroots Team: Edwardstown

Postby Danky$$ » Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:39 pm

Drove past rosewater last night and seen horse out there training...., is he going around again??
Danky$$
Rookie

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 16 times

Postby X Runna » Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:58 pm

Yank Man wrote:Rosewater
Fitzroy
Mawson Lakes
Lockleys
West Croydon
Central United
BOS
Ingle Farm
Angle Vale

Top 4 pretty right but not necessarily in that order....
X Runna
Reserves

Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 58 times
Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

Postby Yank Man » Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:19 pm

X Runna wrote:
Yank Man wrote:Rosewater
Fitzroy
Mawson Lakes
Lockleys
West Croydon
Central United
BOS
Ingle Farm
Angle Vale

Top 4 pretty right but not necessarily in that order....

Rossies will be well coached by a proven high Div person, they were awesome last year but have a much stronger group in 2014, Fitzroy have been super competitive in Div 5 the past few seasons, Lakes have recruited well but they are a genuine Div 6 club and Lockleys are a club with a strong junior setup and have played much higher than Div 6. Reckon I'm on the money.
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Postby Demon Juke » Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:59 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:Good to see Mitchell Park having a red hot crack at staying up...

That is good - but lets face it, where else where they going to go 3 weeks out from round 1? ;)

I reckon you could change a couple of divs in 3 weeks ;)

Maybe stop recruiting there players and they might have enough for 2 teams. ;)
Demon Juke
League - Best 21

Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 69 times

Postby Yank Man » Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:23 pm

Demon Juke wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:Good to see Mitchell Park having a red hot crack at staying up...

That is good - but lets face it, where else where they going to go 3 weeks out from round 1? ;)

I reckon you could change a couple of divs in 3 weeks ;)

Maybe stop recruiting there players and they might have enough for 2 teams. ;)

The sad part DJ is that no one has actually 'recruited' our players. They have either retired or just given up, the clearances don't do us justice, most of them are Bs or C's. Our problem is that a high percentage of A graders that have given up the ghost are older than Moses. :D
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Postby Demon Juke » Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:31 pm

Maybe stop recruiting there players and they might have enough for 2 teams. ;)[/quote]

The sad part DJ is that no one has actually 'recruited' our players. They have either retired or just given up, the clearances don't do us justice, most of them are Bs or C's. Our problem is that a high percentage of A graders that have given up the ghost are older than Moses. :D[/quote]

That not good but you don't want to loose b/c players either if you are trying to get 2 sides up, Any chance you can get some back or get them to change there mind about playing.
Demon Juke
League - Best 21

Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 69 times

Postby Bombers4EVA » Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:30 am

Danky$$ wrote:Drove past rosewater last night and seen horse out there training...., is he going around again??

Surely not. Or could it be another one of hiscomebacks?? Maybe he sees another medal to add to his prized collections.
Bombers4EVA
League - Best 21

Postby Milly » Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:24 am

Bombers4EVA wrote:
Danky$$ wrote:Drove past rosewater last night and seen horse out there training...., is he going around again??

Surely not. Or could it be another one of hiscomebacks?? Maybe he sees another medal to add to his prized collections.

His collection has nothing on yours B4EVA
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 49 times
Grassroots Team: St Paul's College OS

Postby Bombers4EVA » Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:34 am

Milly wrote:
Bombers4EVA wrote:

His collection has nothing on yours B4EVA

Nah mate. Mine is pretty empty. No where ner the quality of player than Horse. You training this year Milly?
Bombers4EVA
League - Best 21

Postby carey » Thu Mar 20, 2014 2:01 pm

Read between the lines if Horse is training Rosewater must be looking the goods! :lol:
carey
Coach

Postby carey » Thu Mar 20, 2014 2:03 pm

Was just over at IKEA and spotter what looked a lot like Ian Henderson buying a new cupboard and it was huge! Surely he isn't getting another club shirt, Hoodie and jumper?????
carey
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League