SAAFL division 6 2014

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Who will win the division 6 grand final?

Angle Vale
3%
Blackfriars OS
7%
Central United
2%
Fitzroy
13%
Ingle Farm
10%
Lockleys
4%
Mawson Lakes
13%
Mitchell Park
6%
Rosewater
33%
West Croydon
8%

Total votes : 98

Re: SAAFL division 6 2014

Postby morell » Sat Apr 05, 2014 11:36 pm

Quite amazing that Mitchell Park lost by 23 goals today and yet I personally couldn't be prouder. The side we had included 5 guys who couldn't get a game in our C Grade last year, an 18 yr old kid at fullback, half a dozen blokes who haven't trained more than once or twice. Plus a few more who really should be in a paddock somewhere. I honestly thought we were looking at a Kilburn 50+ goal type result before the game but to the lads credit they fought like the mutts they are and managed to walk off with heads held high.

Thanks to the Mawson Lakes guys, good footy club, always respectful and were simply way too good. Schapel, Uern, Reidy and co will run amok this year.
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1138 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby panthers » Sat Apr 05, 2014 11:55 pm

Phantom Gossiper wrote:I'm not one for official or volunteer bashing usually, but I have to say - and can without any qualms - the Fitzroy goal umpire in the A grade was nothing but a blatant f**king cheat!!

An absolute disgrace and embarrassment to what appears an otherwise very well operated club in Fitzroy!

Was exactly that type of umpiring that got us into trouble last year PG :(
Its More than a Game !!!
panthers
Rookie

Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 21 times
Grassroots Team: Smithfield

Postby panthers » Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:04 am

morell wrote:Quite amazing that Mitchell Park lost by 23 goals today and yet I personally couldn't be prouder. The side we had included 5 guys who couldn't get a game in our C Grade last year, an 18 yr old kid at fullback, half a dozen blokes who haven't trained more than once or twice. Plus a few more who really should be in a paddock somewhere. I honestly thought we were looking at a Kilburn 50+ goal type result before the game but to the lads credit they fought like the mutts they are and managed to walk off with heads held high.

Thanks to the Mawson Lakes guys, good footy club, always respectful and were simply way too good. Schapel, Uern, Reidy and co will run amok this year.

That shows great spirit Morell, it may be a long year but I think it will be a team building year that will hold you in good stead for the future
:)
Its More than a Game !!!
panthers
Rookie

Postby the milky bar kid » Sun Apr 06, 2014 3:22 am

panthers wrote:
Phantom Gossiper wrote:I'm not one for official or volunteer bashing usually, but I have to say - and can without any qualms - the Fitzroy goal umpire in the A grade was nothing but a blatant f**king cheat!!

An absolute disgrace and embarrassment to what appears an otherwise very well operated club in Fitzroy!

Certainly wouldn't be the fault of s********d
they can't do anything wrong :shock:
the milky bar kid
League - Best 21

Has liked: 119 times
Been liked: 238 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby the milky bar kid » Sun Apr 06, 2014 3:34 am

piglet1 wrote:Very good win by the farmers against quality opposition. They'd have to be flag favs now surely.
They look like they've made the jump from div 7 very easy.

Haha that's cute. Funny effort tho. The mbk decides who is flag favorites. Its still rosewater v the next best ;)
the milky bar kid
League - Best 21

Has liked: 119 times
Been liked: 238 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Yank Man » Sun Apr 06, 2014 8:20 am

panthers wrote:
morell wrote:Quite amazing that Mitchell Park lost by 23 goals today and yet I personally couldn't be prouder. The side we had included 5 guys who couldn't get a game in our C Grade last year, an 18 yr old kid at fullback, half a dozen blokes who haven't trained more than once or twice. Plus a few more who really should be in a paddock somewhere. I honestly thought we were looking at a Kilburn 50+ goal type result before the game but to the lads credit they fought like the mutts they are and managed to walk off with heads held high.

That shows great spirit Morell, it may be a long year but I think it will be a team building year that will hold you in good stead for the future
:)

Thanks to everyone at MLFC for the way they conducted themselves yesterday. Would have been easy to treat us like chumps, but they maintained a high level of professionalism all day. 10 goals to 2 at half time and I thought our pressure was good but in the end our fitness and quality waned in the 2nd half and a couple of injuries restricted our bench rotations. Fortunately we still have 5 or 6 good A graders still to come in and our best team on the deck will be competitive. Rosewater next week doesn't get any easier though so we might just save some for after Easter. :lol:
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 316 times
Grassroots Team: Edwardstown

Postby old fullback » Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:27 pm

Saving some Yank Man for after easter, tanking!! lol ;)
old fullback
Under 18s

Has liked: 127 times
Been liked: 18 times
Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

Postby Yank Man » Sun Apr 06, 2014 2:42 pm

old fullback wrote:Saving some Yank Man for after easter, tanking!! lol ;)

Yes it was meant to be funny old fullback, hence the laugh. Hopefully we will get a few back from work commitments and injury this week to restrict the carnage against the Div 6 favourites. :)
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Postby old fullback » Sun Apr 06, 2014 4:10 pm

Yeah I know what ya meant, good luck, even Yank got a touch up by Pongy..
old fullback
Under 18s

Has liked: 127 times
Been liked: 18 times
Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

Postby Yank Man » Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:27 pm

old fullback wrote:Yeah I know what ya meant, good luck, even Yank got a touch up by Pongy..

Yeah didn't they. Quite a few B grade lads in that team. It's been a big weekend, my footy tips have gone rrr's up as well :D :D
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Postby Jetters » Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:37 pm

panthers wrote:

how the hell does umpiring get you in trouble????
Jetters
Reserves

Has liked: 106 times
Been liked: 119 times
Grassroots Team: Unley

Postby panthers » Sun Apr 06, 2014 7:15 pm

Jetters wrote:
panthers wrote:

how the hell does umpiring get you in trouble????

Hi Jetters, its a combination of a goal umpire as described by PG, and a player who you would classify as undisciplined enough to abuse the umpire.
That was the charge we pleaded Guilty to with the SAAFL.
Unfortunately players on both sides were heated after that, but not enough for central umpires to make reports.
Its More than a Game !!!
panthers
Rookie

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:14 pm

There is no doubt a small minority of umpires are cheats but to say they get the club in trouble is a load of BS. We are grown adults and it's a game of footy.

Players in lower divs make 100x more bad decisions on a footy field than the umpires and you don't see many getting abused as umpires do.
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 738 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Sheik Yerbouti » Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:12 am

I'll take that the so called goal for IF 10 minutes into the 3rd that the central umpire reversed was just a little blimp in an otherwise faultless display.
Hey soccer you owe us 45million.
Sheik Yerbouti
League - Best 21

Has liked: 201 times
Been liked: 204 times

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:16 am

I witnessed two absolutely awful decisions that were in my opinion clearly CHEATING

1. 3rd quarter Ingle Farms George Long as running back towards the goal chasing the ball, about 2 metres in front of his opponent punches the ball through the goal.. Given a goal..

2. 4th quarter when it was tight, Ingle Farms Nathan Stacey crumbs a ball, wheels around and snaps for a goal.. Called touched.. Worse still reasoning "it was touched off himself" :/

Crucial decisions at crucial stages that could well have impacted on the game
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Has liked: 402 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:22 am

Anyway enough of that, moving on, I thought Fitzroy looked really good in patches particularly in the 3rd when they were all over Ingle Farm.

Hargreaves will kick plenty this year, but they need to find another target in my opinion.

Some big results on the weekend - not many if any very surprising though.

Will there be a clear gap between the top 3 to the next 3 and a monster gap to the bottom 4?
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Postby Footy Warrior » Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:36 am

Phantom Gossiper wrote:Anyway enough of that, moving on, I thought Fitzroy looked really good in patches particularly in the 3rd when they were all over Ingle Farm.

Hargreaves will kick plenty this year, but they need to find another target in my opinion.

Some big results on the weekend - not many if any very surprising though.

Will there be a clear gap between the top 3 to the next 3 and a monster gap to the bottom 4?

I really am shocked Ingle Farm won to be honest. Have you guys improved from last year Phantom or are Fitzroy not that good? You team on paper is not too different to what it was last year.
Footy Warrior
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Cobdogla

Postby Footy Chick » Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:49 am

Phantom Gossiper wrote:I witnessed two absolutely awful decisions that were in my opinion clearly CHEATING

1. 3rd quarter Ingle Farms George Long as running back towards the goal chasing the ball, about 2 metres in front of his opponent punches the ball through the goal.. Given a goal..

2. 4th quarter when it was tight, Ingle Farms Nathan Stacey crumbs a ball, wheels around and snaps for a goal.. Called touched.. Worse still reasoning "it was touched off himself" :/

Crucial decisions at crucial stages that could well have impacted on the game

I'll pull this up NOW

If ANYONE has a problem with an umpire, your club has plenty of opportunity to report it to the league without coming on here and claiming cheat.

Makes you and your club look like poor losers (or in this case, winners) and if it's club umpires, only starts pointless arguments.

I'm sure any of you would go spare if someone blatantly called you a cheat without the right of reply.

Feel free at anytime to mention that there may have been some questionable decisions that you didn't agree with ;) it means exactly the same thing 8)
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:50 am

Footy Warrior wrote:I really am shocked Ingle Farm won to be honest. Have you guys improved from last year Phantom or are Fitzroy not that good? You team on paper is not too different to what it was last year.

No one within the 'Farm is shocked, a lot of self belief and confidence in the side, structures and game plan that Schelly is implementing. Everyone is buying into it and I think that's half the battle.

The team is actually quite different, we had plenty of last seasons premiership players across the B and C grade this week, the biggest difference is we have recruited for purpose not for the sake of it, and have filled areas we felt we were perhaps lacking in last season.

Still a couple to return to the A & B grade so should put some real competition on spots.

Fitzroy were good, Ingle Farm jumped out the blocks with one of the best 1st quarters i've seen us produce and that proved the difference. I would still rate Fitzroy top 3.
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:51 am

Footy Chick wrote:[quoteI'll pull this up NOW

If ANYONE has a problem with an umpire, your club has plenty of opportunity to report it to the league without coming on here and claiming cheat.

Makes you and your club look like poor losers (or in this case, winners) and if it's club umpires, only starts pointless arguments.

I'm sure any of you would go spare if someone blatantly called you a cheat without the right of reply.

Feel free at anytime to mention that there may have been some questionable decisions that you didn't agree with ;) it means exactly the same thing 8)

NO!
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League