SAAFL division 6 2014

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Who will win the division 6 grand final?

Angle Vale
3%
Blackfriars OS
7%
Central United
2%
Fitzroy
13%
Ingle Farm
10%
Lockleys
4%
Mawson Lakes
13%
Mitchell Park
6%
Rosewater
33%
West Croydon
8%

Total votes : 98

Re: SAAFL division 6 2014

Postby Footy Follower » Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:20 pm

Yank Man wrote:
Mr Beefy wrote:
Yank Man wrote:Look, I agree, totally off track. Let's get back to how good Rosewater are and how they can snip so many Div 2 guns at no points. If they came to GSFL they'd be 3 each. Super recruiting. :D :D
nah they wouldnt, a couple might be 2, one might be 3

According to the team sheet they're all zero. :D

All the boys who left Walkies to go to Rosewater will be worth zero points because they all played majority b grade last year. Even Taylor who was coming back from OP played more B grade last year.
Footy Follower
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 13 times

Postby Mr Beefy » Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:29 pm

Robb_Stark wrote:
Mr Beefy wrote:
Robb_Stark wrote:beefy i can do it faster

step by step guide

1.Phone: (08) 8443 8999
2.ask for Tony Sullivan
3.give him the list of players and he will tell you the points they come with

Off ya go then

i was posting on how you find out what a player is worth as the SAAFL web page is not that far advanced i would think all clubs would have checked this already with the league rather then do guessing work

I'm not guessing
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 404 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby Look Good In Leather » Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:49 pm

Footy Follower wrote:
Yank Man wrote:
Mr Beefy wrote:
Yank Man wrote:Look, I agree, totally off track. Let's get back to how good Rosewater are and how they can snip so many Div 2 guns at no points. If they came to GSFL they'd be 3 each. Super recruiting. :D :D

All the boys who left Walkies to go to Rosewater will be worth zero points because they all played majority b grade last year. Even Taylor who was coming back from OP played more B grade last year.

Walkerville B-Grade is D2R, therefore 2 points
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby Mr Beefy » Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:53 pm

:roll: Within the SAAFL they are worth 0 points
Mr Beefy
Coach

Postby heater31 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:56 pm

Look Good In Leather wrote:
Footy Follower wrote:
Yank Man wrote:
Mr Beefy wrote:[quote="Yank Man"]Look, I agree, totally off track. Let's get back to how good Rosewater are and how they can snip so many Div 2 guns at no points. If they came to GSFL they'd be 3 each. Super recruiting. :D :D

Walkerville B-Grade is D2R, therefore 2 points[/quote]

I think you may want to check the rules again....
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1259 times

Postby Robb_Stark » Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:15 pm

Robb_Stark
League - Best 21

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 155 times

Postby Footy Follower » Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:26 pm

Mr Beefy wrote::roll: Within the SAAFL they are worth 0 points

This is where I think the amatuer league need to look at changing some of the rules regarding points. At present if you are moving within the amatuer league and have played a grade football at a previous AMATUER league club, then you are worth 2 or 3 points. But if you have played majority b grade at your previous amatuer league club in your final year there than you are worth zero.
This is where it is a silly to me. I think most people will agree that the higher the division the better the standard, therefore the majority of players playing b grade at div 1 or div 2 would more than likely easily slot into a lower divisions a grade. But they are worth zero points with the current system. But if a player coming from say div 6 a grade team wants to try his luck at div 1 or 2 football, he is worth 3 points. Seems a bit backwards to me. This is exactly what has happened at Rosewater this year.
Footy Follower
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 13 times

Postby heater31 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:32 pm

Delegates need to raise this loop hole at a meeting and close it. Very good exploitation by Rosewater in this case.
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1259 times

Postby Yank Man » Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:35 pm

heater31 wrote:Delegates need to raise this loop hole at a meeting and close it. Very good exploitation by Rosewater in this case.

As I said. 'Super recruiting' to what was already a quality team. :D
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 316 times
Grassroots Team: Edwardstown

Postby jo172 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:50 pm

heater31 wrote:Delegates need to raise this loop hole at a meeting and close it. Very good exploitation by Rosewater in this case.

I've been working on a bigger loophole.

If Scott Thompson comes to the SAAFL next year he's worth 5 points whoever recruits him as a returning AFL player.

Let's say for the sake of the argument he goes to Houghton and plays Div 7.

in 2015 he would be worth 4 points for Houghton as you lose a point a year.

However, if Tea Tree Gully were to then try and recruit him from Houghton, he's only a 2 point player as a Div4-7 SAAFL player.

This seems to be a bit of a problematic anomaly
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1198 times
Been liked: 724 times

Postby Mr Beefy » Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:51 pm

Footy Follower wrote:

This is where I think the amatuer league need to look at changing some of the rules regarding points. At present if you are moving within the amatuer league and have played a grade football at a previous AMATUER league club, then you are worth 2 or 3 points. But if you have played majority b grade at your previous amatuer league club in your final year there than you are worth zero.
This is where it is a silly to me. I think most people will agree that the higher the division the better the standard, therefore the majority of players playing b grade at div 1 or div 2 would more than likely easily slot into a lower divisions a grade. But they are worth zero points with the current system. But if a player coming from say div 6 a grade team wants to try his luck at div 1 or 2 football, he is worth 3 points. Seems a bit backwards to me. This is exactly what has happened at Rosewater this year.

A Div 1 A Grader is worth 2 points to a Div 6 club, not 3. Likewise a Div 6 A Grader going to a Div 1 club.
Mr Beefy
Coach

Postby Mr Beefy » Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:53 pm

Why do you consider it a loop hole? I guess from a league perspective, it keeps the player in the SAAFL and spreads the talent a bit more. Is that a bad thing?
Mr Beefy
Coach

Postby Bombers4EVA » Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:53 pm

LIke Ive said previously. Get rid of the points system. It DOESNT work. It's a pointless system with too many "Loop Holes" that clubs can exploit.
Bombers4EVA
League - Best 21

Has liked: 326 times
Been liked: 89 times

Postby Mr Beefy » Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:57 pm

jo172 wrote:

If Scott Thompson comes to the SAAFL next year he's worth 5 points whoever recruits him as a returning AFL player.

However, if Tea Tree Gully were to then try and recruit him from Houghton, he's only a 2 point player as a Div4-7 SAAFL player.

Good luck to Houghton on such a coup.
If a club wants to "exploit" this by letting him play a year at another club then good luck to them, he could get injured, he could get poached by big $ in the bush, anything could happen.
Or he could go to North Haven and be 0 points...
Mr Beefy
Coach

Postby jo172 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:07 pm

Mr Beefy wrote:
jo172 wrote:

Good luck to Houghton on such a coup.
If a club wants to "exploit" this by letting him play a year at another club then good luck to them, he could get injured, he could get poached by big $ in the bush, anything could happen.
Or he could go to North Haven and be 0 points...

My point is that the rule is problematic wherever a 4/5 pointer goes to a second tier competition and then immediately returns to a tier 1 competition. A Club somewhere along the line is getting a 4 or 3 pointer for 2 points.
jo172
League - Top 5

Postby morell » Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:11 pm

Footy Follower wrote:

Spot. Freaking. On.

Well done Rosewater, they've seen an opportunity, exploited it and are reaping the benefits.
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1138 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby The Informer » Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:12 pm

Mr Beefy wrote:
Footy Follower wrote:

A Div 1 A Grader is worth 2 points to a Div 6 club, not 3. Likewise a Div 6 A Grader going to a Div 1 club.

Im confused about the Mr Beffy, under the APPS system sent out by the league this season it says that DIv1,2, and 3 are worth 3 points.

I had a feeling it was 2 across the board

And yes i rang the league and was told they are worth 3 points?
Attachments
points.PNG
points.PNG (62.68 KiB) Viewed 5886 times
The Informer
Reserves

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 233 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Mr Beefy » Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:17 pm

SAAFL_APPS.JPG
SAAFL_APPS.JPG (120.96 KiB) Viewed 5880 times
Mr Beefy
Coach

Postby The Informer » Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:19 pm

Mr Beefy wrote:
SAAFL_APPS.JPG

Yes i know that and that is what i thought, i had our club ring the league and was told by the League that they are worth 3 points!

I was confused and the info they sent out with there email a couple of weeks ago would make u think 3 points.
The Informer
Reserves

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 233 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby jo172 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:31 pm

The_Informer wrote:
Mr Beefy wrote:
SAAFL_APPS.JPG

Yes i know that and that is what i thought, i had our club ring the league and was told by the League that they are worth 3 points!

I was confused and the info they sent out with there email a couple of weeks ago would make u think 3 points.

That's definitely the advice we've received from the League from time to time.

Jimmy, Fourth Estate?
jo172
League - Top 5

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League