SAAFL division 6 2014

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Who will win the division 6 grand final?

Angle Vale
3%
Blackfriars OS
7%
Central United
2%
Fitzroy
13%
Ingle Farm
10%
Lockleys
4%
Mawson Lakes
13%
Mitchell Park
6%
Rosewater
33%
West Croydon
8%

Total votes : 98

Re: SAAFL division 6 2014

Postby Cohiba » Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:44 pm

Phantom Gossiper wrote:On top of that, i think coaches are bigger mercenaries than players.. so many coaches that have good influence and player contacts, swoop in and win flags and then take the players plus maybe few more and move onto the next club.

Maybe those play for pay players weren't sold on what the Club had to offer and weren't encouraged enough to stay per your previous post...or maybe its just democracy in action (like it or not)....... ;)

I would think Club Committee's would have an expectation for new coaches to have the ability to recruit notwithstanding how and from where..... There job is after all is to win flags...is it not.... :)
Cohiba
Reserves

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 41 times

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:50 pm

Cohiba wrote:
Phantom Gossiper wrote:On top of that, i think coaches are bigger mercenaries than players.. so many coaches that have good influence and player contacts, swoop in and win flags and then take the players plus maybe few more and move onto the next club.

Maybe those play for pay players weren't sold on what the Club had to offer and weren't encouraged enough to stay per your previous post...or maybe its just democracy in action (like it or not)....... ;)

I would think Club Committee's would have an expectation for new coaches to have the ability to recruit notwithstanding how and from where..... There job is after all is to win flags...is it not.... :)

Their job is definitely to win flags, but to also nurture the young players, bridge the gap between players and be more than just someone who blows in for a flag and goes..

i honestly think some coaches go to where they think the best chance to win a flag is out.. not too many keen on a challenge these days and want to knuckle down and create something from nothing.
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Has liked: 402 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:55 pm

Cohiba wrote:I would think Club Committee's would have an expectation for new coaches to have the ability to recruit notwithstanding how and from where..... There job is after all is to win flags...is it not.... :)

Or how how about.. heaven forbid i suggest.. a coach actually COACH.. leave the recruitment to the footy director and club.

On that, massive props to Daniel Schell at Ingle Farm on the way he conducts himself and approaches his role, no doubt he brought a couple with him, but he actually coaches in the purest form in my opinion. .. of my limited time at the 'Farm, he is the best club coach I have seen (no disrespect to the others) at the club..
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Postby Cohiba » Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:20 am

Phantom Gossiper wrote:
Cohiba wrote:I would think Club Committee's would have an expectation for new coaches to have the ability to recruit notwithstanding how and from where..... There job is after all is to win flags...is it not.... :)

Or how how about.. heaven forbid i suggest.. a coach actually COACH.. leave the recruitment to the footy director and club.

On that, massive props to Daniel Schell at Ingle Farm on the way he conducts himself and approaches his role, no doubt he brought a couple with him, but he actually coaches in the purest form in my opinion. .. of my limited time at the 'Farm, he is the best club coach I have seen (no disrespect to the others) at the club..

You yourself said it the coaches who have good influence player contacts....and there "movement" and experience lends itself to recruiting players more so than many of the Clubs and Directors at SAAFL level. Clubs who particularly don't have the big budgets I imagine raise the question of bring players to the Club if he is appointed. As for getting a Coach to "coach" or going to Clubs where they think a flag is there for the taking........well accountability for that decision rests with the Club as to the type of coach they want.......not the Coach.....
Cohiba
Reserves

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:49 am

Cohiba wrote:You yourself said it the coaches who have good influence player contacts....and there "movement" and experience lends itself to recruiting players more so than many of the Clubs and Directors at SAAFL level. Clubs who particularly don't have the big budgets I imagine raise the question of bring players to the Club if he is appointed. As for getting a Coach to "coach" or going to Clubs where they think a flag is there for the taking........well accountability for that decision rests with the Club as to the type of coach they want.......not the Coach.....

Hmm yes, i guess i've probably backed myself into a corner with a catch 22 argument.. a good coach gains respect and confidence of players who in turn follow that coach when he moves on, therefore becoming "mercenaries".
As for clubs taking responsibility, well that's a blurred line - do you want success which in turn promotes your club and encourages new players or do you want to build a strong foundation and have a coach who is going to leave your club in a better position when they leave than when they arrive.. and by better i dont mean division playing
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Postby Cohiba » Mon Apr 21, 2014 1:56 am

Phantom Gossiper wrote:
Cohiba wrote:You yourself said it the coaches who have good influence player contacts....and there "movement" and experience lends itself to recruiting players more so than many of the Clubs and Directors at SAAFL level. Clubs who particularly don't have the big budgets I imagine raise the question of bring players to the Club if he is appointed. As for getting a Coach to "coach" or going to Clubs where they think a flag is there for the taking........well accountability for that decision rests with the Club as to the type of coach they want.......not the Coach.....

Hmm yes, i guess i've probably backed myself into a corner with a catch 22 argument.. a good coach gains respect and confidence of players who in turn follow that coach when he moves on, therefore becoming "mercenaries".
As for clubs taking responsibility, well that's a blurred line - do you want success which in turn promotes your club and encourages new players or do you want to build a strong foundation and have a coach who is going to leave your club in a better position when they leave than when they arrive.. and by better i dont mean division playing

It would be a fair call to use the term "mercenary" if a Coach brings players to the Club and then leaves with the same individuals when he takes on a new Club (on the presumption those players are paid to play).......But, if as you say a coach comes to a Club and gains the respect of player(s) who benefit and are nurtured from his style of coaching and they then follow him to another club.......it is difficult to paint them as mercenaries. .......

Just to clarify regarding that its the Clubs that are accountable and take the responsibility for the appointment of coaches.....and not coaches making the call as to where they can win an easy "flag" ..... I did qualify that by saying that the accountability soley rests with Clubs for the decision to appoint a Coach which will meet their specific objectives. If it goes "pear" shaped....or the coach does not meet a Club's expectations, whether it is a quick fix "flag" or building a long term solid foundation .....the Club has to be mindful to choose better next time...To me that is quite clear cut and not blurred at all...... but PG that is just my opinion only... :) We may just have to agree to disagree on a couple of those points....
Cohiba
Reserves

Postby morell » Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:50 am

morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1141 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby marbles » Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:53 am

with the massive easter camp the mitchell park boys are having, including military & commando training, extended beach runs and simply a 4 day smash

i dare say look out div 6 cos the lions will be set to roar as the assumptions of their form will be no more as i can see the mitchell park boys bringing down some huge wins over the coming weeks

expect the unexpected from these lads divvy 6, a red white & green storm is coming
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 276 times
Been liked: 259 times

Postby whufc » Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:14 pm

Phantom Gossiper wrote:

Is that ex cdfc legend Daniel Schell
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5589 times
Been liked: 2531 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby morell » Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:27 pm

Hahaha I wish we were that young Marby.
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1141 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby carey » Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:08 pm

whufc wrote:
Phantom Gossiper wrote:

No
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2809 times
Been liked: 2997 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby wristwatcher » Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:10 pm

whufc wrote:
Phantom Gossiper wrote:

Legend :shock: no its not the same guy as the ex Centrals player

Oh dear PG he has coached 2 games. You must have had a few froths this Easter. You may want to wait til he has been around longer than an ovulation cycle before you label him superior to Premiership coaches or even former coaches who took their team to 5th ;)
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 847 times

Postby carey » Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:11 pm

PG on the cans last night mate some heated posts there son

I love it when some one else gets a few cans under the belt then posts on here it's usually me :oops:
carey
Coach

Postby marbles » Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:00 pm

oh so my crap photos get deleted but morrells annoying girly flash chat giggle pic gets the nod no worries
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby Footy Chick » Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:11 pm

ok, you want to whinge publically, fine.

So will I

Please stop your constant nonsense posting. Any further instances will result in banning as per the rules of the site.

Thanks
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby marbles » Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:21 pm

morell wrote:Image

no worries will do
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby Demon Juke » Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:42 pm

carey wrote:PG on the cans last night mate some heated posts there son

I love it when some one else gets a few cans under the belt then posts on here it's usually me :oops:

You where on the free cans last night Carey I was waiting for you to post, what happened?
Demon Juke
League - Best 21

Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 69 times

Postby carey » Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:44 pm

Demon Juke wrote:
carey wrote:PG on the cans last night mate some heated posts there son

You where on the free cans last night Carey I was waiting for you to post, what happened?

Media ban on myself whilst I drink! Lol

Good night tho
carey
Coach

Postby whufc » Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:17 pm

wristwatcher wrote:
whufc wrote:
Phantom Gossiper wrote:

Legend :shock: no its not the same guy as the ex Centrals player

Oh dear PG he has coached 2 games. You must have had a few froths this Easter. You may want to wait til he has been around longer than an ovulation cycle before you label him superior to Premiership coaches or even former coaches who took their team to 5th ;)

Fair enough thought it would have been strange for him to be at Ingle Farm.

And yeah I reckon he would be considered one of the cdfc legends.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5589 times
Been liked: 2531 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:48 am

:oops: :oops: Oh dear... really need to stay the f**k away from computers & safooty after a few drinks! :oops:

Might have to go into hiding for a while!
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League