SAAFL division 6 2014

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Who will win the division 6 grand final?

Angle Vale
3%
Blackfriars OS
7%
Central United
2%
Fitzroy
13%
Ingle Farm
10%
Lockleys
4%
Mawson Lakes
13%
Mitchell Park
6%
Rosewater
33%
West Croydon
8%

Total votes : 98

Re: SAAFL division 6 2014

Postby giffo » Sun May 25, 2014 4:55 pm

shobtop1 wrote:
Bombers4EVA wrote:Lockleys over Rosewater by a couple of points?? Didnt see that coming. Rosewater having a mid season slump. Mawsons unfortunately going down to Fitzroy. Hope they can bet some of their injured back and get some wins in the second half.

Lockleys have a very young side at the moment with a handful of players only in their 1st or 2nd year of footy so there's only room for improvement. Very enthusiastic, united and play for their mates which will beat a team put together by $$ more times than not. Still have a couple to come back in and have another who has just signed on the dotted line.

In regards to the game it was a cracker and played in good spirit with only a couple of cheap shots to the lockleys players. Would of been nice if their C and B grade didn't leave 88 beer cans over by the scoreboard aswell.

And I specifically put a wheelie bin marked "bottles and cans" over there for that purpose. :x Also to the brain dead moron who did the burn-out after the a grade game, there is always kids around that area because of the pony club and its behind the goals so you're lucky you didn't hit one [-X On a happier note- both injured players (Rosewater B's and Lockleys A's) requiring ambulances are both ok with no serious injuries arising.
giffo
Reserves

Has liked: 67 times
Been liked: 34 times
Grassroots Team: Lockleys

Postby Bombers4EVA » Sun May 25, 2014 6:09 pm

Another good win by IF. They have to be serious premiership favourites now I reckon. Having knocked off some big teams in Rosewater and West Croydon. Not to mention Fitzroy as well. Keeping the lids on tightly down at Rowe Park or are you dusting the mantle peice ready to add another piece of silverwear???
Bombers4EVA
League - Best 21

Has liked: 326 times
Been liked: 89 times

Postby Esteban Vihaio » Sun May 25, 2014 7:03 pm

Where's Bill? Yeah... Hmm... Bill is on the Villa Quatro, on the road to Salina. I will draw you a map.
Esteban Vihaio
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 36 times

Postby beeroclock » Sun May 25, 2014 7:28 pm

Bombers4EVA wrote:Another good win by IF. They have to be serious premiership favourites now I reckon. Having knocked off some big teams in Rosewater and West Croydon. Not to mention Fitzroy as well. Keeping the lids on tightly down at Rowe Park or are you dusting the mantle peice ready to add another piece of silverwear???

Yeh of course they have you idiot.
You have just classified yourself as dopey.
Congrats.
beeroclock
League - Best 21

Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 53 times

Postby Fricky » Sun May 25, 2014 7:54 pm

Esteban Vihaio wrote:http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/blackfriars-old-scholars-beat-angle-vale-in-division-six-amateur-league-by-70-goals/story-fnii08h3-1226930901347

And people thought the goals record would be broken against Kilburn.
Fricky
League - Best 21

Has liked: 94 times
Been liked: 120 times
Grassroots Team: Walkerville

Postby Jetters » Sun May 25, 2014 9:47 pm

Esteban Vihaio wrote:http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/blackfriars-old-scholars-beat-angle-vale-in-division-six-amateur-league-by-70-goals/story-fnii08h3-1226930901347

I don't understand how paying players gets mentioned in this story, or why clubs that don't pay players wear it as a badge of honour.

When asked why is the club not going well, the answer is not 'because we don't pay players' it's 'no one (or no one good) wants to play for us'. Clubs obviously invest their $$ in whatever they think is best for the club, if they think paying players vs facilities, equipment, juniors etc is the best way to do it, then why wouldn't you?

If you say 'we would like to pay players, but we dont have the $$', the answer is still not 'because we don't pay players' its 'we can't raise enough money to be competitive'. So your club off field is too weak vs the competition.

If you want people to play for the love of the club vs $$, you have to make your club more valuable to those people than the $$ they are being offered. So if they leave its still not because you dont pay players, its because the players don't value the club highly enough. And really, how much can div 7 footballers be paid? Surely stuff all, so if they are leaving to get paid stuff all elsewhere, they must not care too much about the club.
Jetters
Reserves

Has liked: 106 times
Been liked: 119 times
Grassroots Team: Unley

Postby bickle » Sun May 25, 2014 9:54 pm

Jetters wrote:

I don't understand how paying players gets mentioned in this story, or why clubs that don't pay players wear it as a badge of honour.

When asked why is the club not going well, the answer is not 'because we don't pay players' it's 'no one (or no one good) wants to play for us'. Clubs obviously invest their $$ in whatever they think is best for the club, if they think paying players vs facilities, equipment, juniors etc is the best way to do it, then why wouldn't you?

If you say 'we would like to pay players, but we dont have the $$', the answer is still not 'because we don't pay players' its 'we can't raise enough money to be competitive'. So your club off field is too weak vs the competition.

If you want people to play for the love of the club vs $$, you have to make your club more valuable to those people than the $$ they are being offered. So if they leave its still not because you dont pay players, its because the players don't value the club highly enough. And really, how much can div 7 footballers be paid? Surely stuff all, so if they are leaving to get paid stuff all elsewhere, they must not care too much about the club.

very interesting read there jetters.
bickle
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 2 times

Postby Yank Man » Sun May 25, 2014 9:58 pm

Jetters wrote:

Jetters just took over from B4E. Try not paying your superstars Jetters and see how long they hang around. Sometimes I wonder about you champ.

FC can we PLEASE PLEASE have PG back, at least his crap comes from Div 6. :)
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 317 times
Grassroots Team: Edwardstown

Postby beeroclock » Sun May 25, 2014 10:13 pm

Yank Man wrote:
Jetters wrote:

Jetters just took over from B4E. Try not paying your superstars Jetters and see how long they hang around. Sometimes I wonder about you champ.

After seeing PG this afternoon I really don't think he would be capable of writing anything.
Better off without him ATM.
beeroclock
League - Best 21

Has liked: 29 times

Postby norm11 » Sun May 25, 2014 10:23 pm

The trouble for angle vale is that they are competing against some very good and organised country teams in Virginia and two wells. Also they are not far from the Gawler teams. Unfortunately for angle vale those teams do and will continue with there sponsors support and $ over the bar from functions and players and supporters supporting the club. I agree that angle vale sounds as though they need something big to happen to attrack and keep players at the club. Maybe a big name coach or a big sponsorship drive. I wish them luck going forward and hope they get through the tough times.
Back to the creek it is.
norm11
League - Top 5

Has liked: 470 times

Postby Jetters » Sun May 25, 2014 10:33 pm

Yank Man wrote:
Jetters wrote:

What do disagree with Yankman?

Players may not value loyalty vs $$ as much as we think they should, doesn't change the argument though.
Jetters
Reserves

Has liked: 106 times
Been liked: 119 times
Grassroots Team: Unley

Postby marbles » Sun May 25, 2014 10:54 pm

Suri wrote:

And people thought the goals record would be broken against Kilburn.

looks like crawfs off to angle vale this week :?
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 276 times
Been liked: 258 times

Postby BPwizard » Sun May 25, 2014 11:08 pm

It is sad time for the owls at the moment and as last years coach i feel for the club and the loyal people involved with the owls.

But if the club is using the excuse about other clubs paying players is why they are not competetive in div 6, i am just sick of hearing this excuse when clubs are getting flogged. When i was coaching there last year i said to the club that going up to div 6 is going to be a tuff ask if not willing to spend a lil to attract some quality players to the club as first year up would be a battle to avoid going back down if can not attract new players.

The club thought going from 7 to 6 would be a small gap but as no one involved with the club has never played in the higher division of the saafl most are either div 6 or 7 experience some have never played football at all.

I think one problem i heard from some players at the club on the weekend was that certain players only wanted to play b grade due to certain circumstances and i dont know exactly why but you can read into this many ways, trying to get a win in the B grade or not wanting to get flogged so bad, for an A grade side to field such a short A grade squad seriously this is a telling situation for the club and over the next few weeks will be very tuff.

I feel for Steve and Fossil who got seniors starting at AVFC and all the hard work of them over there 5/6 years involved at the owls is all coming unstuck. That score line on the weekend is embrassment to any side and this year there have been some big scores like that thru a few divisions so there is more for the SAAFL to look into over the rest of this year and get things right in 2015.

Lets hope over the next few weeks we can c the owls make some ground and be able to field two competitive sides and maybe make some changes that can benefit the club.

I am very disspointed how the clubs is troubling especially with the success i had there over my two years.

sorry everyone if my gramma and spelling is bad.
BPwizard
Rookie

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 1 time

Postby Q. » Sun May 25, 2014 11:27 pm

All arguments invalid, record was set by a club that doesn't pay players.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Bigshow82 » Sun May 25, 2014 11:48 pm

As someone has stated before Angle Vale has very good junior numbers and this is where the clubs main focus needs to remain for the time being. The area is building and the club just needs to remain present in the community. These juniors will one day be their seniors and the need to throw coin around to attract quality players won't be necessary as they will develop their own.
What the seniors are going through now isn't great but needs to be learnt from and what doesn't kill the club will eventually make it stronger.
Setting up a good club culture in the seniors over the coming years that these juniors can move into will see the club set up very well for the future.
That's my 2c anyway

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk
Bigshow82
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 35 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Q. » Mon May 26, 2014 12:05 am

I only count five clearances leaving AV who played in the GF last year, three to Smithfield and two to TOS. What happened to the rest of the blokes? Creeks, Burgess, Goodfellow, Rogers, Rigney, Sargeant, Sumner etc etc...
Q.
Coach

Postby BPwizard » Mon May 26, 2014 8:37 am

That is the big question Q why are they not playing?????????????

Yes there juniors have got gr8 numbers and i think this year they have an under 15 but no under 18 so these kids are not to keen to come up and play aganist men when they are 16 also school footy for trinity, st columba and xavier take these kids to play for there sides so it is hard for them to get them into under 18 side. And with the BLG and three gawler sides they in tuff position as alot of school mates could sway them that way.

Tuff time for the owls seniors lets hope they can get thru this year.
BPwizard
Rookie

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 1 time

Postby bickle » Mon May 26, 2014 8:40 am

Q. wrote:I only count five clearances leaving AV who played in the GF last year, three to Smithfield and two to TOS. What happened to the rest of the blokes? Creeks, Burgess, Goodfellow, Rogers, Rigney, Sargeant, Sumner etc etc...

a lot of guys just not committed. family, work, own business, don't want to get injured. that's just some of the reasons.
and yes its hard being in that position stuck between leagues.
Last edited by bickle on Mon May 26, 2014 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
bickle
Under 16s

Postby Q. » Mon May 26, 2014 8:43 am

I guess it's easier to commit when you're winning.
Q.
Coach

Postby bickle » Mon May 26, 2014 8:49 am

Q. wrote:I guess it's easier to commit when you're winning.

yeah your right Q.
but how can you win when you don't train?
to many guys there just wanting a kick which = poor results.
bickle
Under 16s

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League