SAAFL division 6 2014

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Who will win the division 6 grand final?

Angle Vale
3%
Blackfriars OS
7%
Central United
2%
Fitzroy
13%
Ingle Farm
10%
Lockleys
4%
Mawson Lakes
13%
Mitchell Park
6%
Rosewater
33%
West Croydon
8%

Total votes : 98

Re: SAAFL division 6 2014

Postby Yank Man » Thu May 29, 2014 9:16 am

bickle wrote:
The_Informer wrote:
BPwizard wrote:AV coach has resigned and footy director aswell early this week
B grade coach taking over A grade.

I read the bunyip article in the local rag Angle Vale have to stop whinging about the barossa league and Adelaide plains league on there doorstops why they dont have numbers at the club and that clubs pay players. i think all clubs have other clubs close by that are higher division or more advance clubs but gee dont whinge about it.

Angle Vale could pay players but they choose to spend all there money on the juniors and put 18k on a presentation day and lose over 10k on that day, no footy budget for the senior coach and footy director to work with.

They are in this situation for two reason last year side made GF but club only supported the A grade when the finals started and players noticed this thru the year that is reason why alot are not playing for the club this year, second reason is all committee care about is junior footy club is very spilt over seniors and juniors.

The club should definatelty drop there B grade only play A grade and concentrate on main game intsead of fielding two sides. Or from left field merge for the reminder of the season with Wingfield and do what MP and Flinders are doing at least takes pressure off the club due to numbers.

Quickly early comment someone said they have 60 players at AV but can not field two teams must be reason why boys do not want to play, can t be that many injuries.

Good Luck to B grade coach taking the regins it will be a tuff year my tip is they be not playing 6 or 7 next year but one team club playing c grade division next year will tarnish the club for years to come.

AV was warned about going thru to div 6 and they choose to so they have caused this to happen to there club really in the end no sympathy should be given.

But will be a cracker game this week aganist MP.

Mate you should really pull your head in, i wont have you having a go at my mate Bruce who i know busts his arse for that club. Like Norm said, you jumped shipped when you knew it was going to be hard, how about hanging around when the tought times are on mate

i think youll find BPWizard was last years coach & is with Trinity now.

Sorry but I fail to understand why you continually post full page scripts on AV BP Wizard. You've moved on and frankly have nothing to offer anymore. The club will sort itself out in its own time and own way. Enough of the dirty laundry. ;)
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 317 times
Grassroots Team: Edwardstown

Postby bickle » Thu May 29, 2014 9:18 am

The_Informer wrote:I know that mate

ah, miss read your post.
bickle
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 2 times

Postby carey » Thu May 29, 2014 10:15 am

I also find it ironic that BPWizard mentions they need to whinging about AV not paying players when his own 3 1/4 speech against Houghton in the final out at Angle Vale last year was based around that very topic accusing Houghton of that exact thing.

He also claims there should be no sympathy should be shown yet he says there should be in a previous post how things have changed must be a top bloke to leave them high and dry after agreeing to coach the 'Show no sympathy' for the so called friends he had there.

I hope Trinity see all of this and look at other and better options when Scotty pulls the pin.

I personally wish Angle Vale all the best in this tough time, We've all been there at one stage or another its how you come out that the other side that matters. They are in a developing area with great facility's and even as the ship jumper admitted have been a huge focus on the juniors which can only be a good thing for the future.

All the best for Saturday and the Future AV
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2802 times
Been liked: 2989 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby BPwizard » Thu May 29, 2014 10:26 am

I never named anyone as i not blaming one person and jump ship I did my two years and got what I said I would do get them to div 6, but I knew the club that is not successful off field will be successful onfield and the fight at yhe GF played heavy on my mind that I did not want yo b around that in footy, and friends that have been successful in there footy gave me advice time to move on.

Bickle what is ur connection with the club?

And I can add reasons why I think AV are struggling as I witnessed the club over last two years I enjoyed my time at AV made some gr8 mates that are still at the club and are not at the club.

It is a forum and open for discussion and I have not breached any forum rules.
Everyone has different opinions.
Mates at vale have agreed with what I posted that it is the truth.

A speech to players to spur them on is not like telling media that clubs paying players is a reason why we struggle.

Very happy at trinty and have a gr8 working relationship with Scotty and the committee thanks for asking Carey.
BPwizard
Rookie

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 1 time

Postby bickle » Thu May 29, 2014 10:45 am

Bickle what is ur connection with the club?

i occasionaly go there for a drink, say 2-3 days a week as i like to support the local club.
but in saying that i go see the soccer as well, gets me out the house.
started watching i rekon the last couple of years, not all games though but lads looked good in div7.
it was a good effort to get to the GF last year.
probably a cycle the clubs going through, every club will go through it.
bickle
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 2 times

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Thu May 29, 2014 10:53 am

BPWizard geez I think you post more rubbish than me :?
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Has liked: 402 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby carey » Thu May 29, 2014 11:02 am

Phantom Gossiper wrote:BPWizard geez I think you post more rubbish than me :?

Now just hang on a minute lets not over react here! ;)
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2802 times
Been liked: 2989 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Thu May 29, 2014 11:09 am

carey wrote:
Phantom Gossiper wrote:BPWizard geez I think you post more rubbish than me :?

Now just hang on a minute lets not over react here! ;)

Fight me old man :P
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu May 29, 2014 11:15 am

Everybody wanted to know why the wheels fell off, someone from their inner sanctum gave his opinion and gets shot down in flames.

If BP & the players were happy out there, they'd still be out there, they aren't the first club to have a rift between juniors and seniors and they sure as hell wont be the last.

I've always thought that Angle Vale went about things in the wrong manner but it really has nothing to do with me so who am I to judge, I thought it was always going to be hard once their core players retired and big Steve moved on. I did think that they'd still pull through given the growth in Munno Para West, the great suburb that Angle Vale has become and their facilities have the potential to match it with any other club.

I too wish Angle Vale all the best for the future, maybe they should meet up with some other local presidents and get a feel for how they operate, take notes and go back to the drawing board to come up with a structured plan.

They would've been an ideal candidate for the 8th team in the APFL but that seems an eternity away now compared to a year or two ago.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby Dogwatcher » Thu May 29, 2014 11:18 am

Perfect post, LM.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby morell » Thu May 29, 2014 12:00 pm

Yeah I don't get the hate for BP posts. Obviously still has some affection for the club but knows there are serious issues and posted accordingly.

If I was a coach of a team in the GF last year and experienced that fight I'd probably "jump ship" too.
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1141 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby Arch44 » Thu May 29, 2014 1:24 pm

One of our lads has been suspended 1 week for attempted striking which is fine no probs there, but then cops another 3 weeks on top for misleading the tribunal. Any one think that is over the top for 2 conflicting stories at the tribunal?
Hogg Shield Div IV 2018 Winner
Arch44
League - Top 5

Has liked: 717 times
Been liked: 272 times

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Thu May 29, 2014 1:26 pm

Arch44 wrote:One of our lads has been suspended 1 week for attempted striking which is fine no probs there, but then cops another 3 weeks on top for misleading the tribunal. Any one think that is over the top for 2 conflicting stories at the tribunal?

Geez that's rough, just give the lad his 1 week and be done with it!

Oh and I found it amusing that Wino's brother was sent off on the weekend in the B grade... by a Fitzroy cricketer :D Para Vista v Fitzroy - no love lost there! :lol:
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Postby jo172 » Thu May 29, 2014 1:30 pm

Arch44 wrote:One of our lads has been suspended 1 week for attempted striking which is fine no probs there, but then cops another 3 weeks on top for misleading the tribunal. Any one think that is over the top for 2 conflicting stories at the tribunal?

Surely there's more to the story than this?
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1198 times
Been liked: 724 times

Postby Q. » Thu May 29, 2014 1:31 pm

Maybe he closed the door a little too hard on his way out...
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Arch44 » Thu May 29, 2014 1:33 pm

Phantom Gossiper wrote:

Geez that's rough, just give the lad his 1 week and be done with it!

Oh and I found it amusing that Wino's brother was sent off on the weekend in the B grade... by a Fitzroy cricketer :D Para Vista v Fitzroy - no love lost there! :lol:

:lol: Yeah that was pretty amusing.
Arch44
League - Top 5

Postby Arch44 » Thu May 29, 2014 1:35 pm

jo172 wrote:

Surely there's more to the story than this?

I will find out more tonight, just going by what it says on the tribunal page.
Arch44
League - Top 5

Postby Yank Man » Thu May 29, 2014 1:37 pm

Q. wrote:Maybe he closed the door a little too hard on his way out...

Hahaha, too late you took the words right out of my mouth. :D
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 317 times
Grassroots Team: Edwardstown

Postby morell » Thu May 29, 2014 1:50 pm

Nearly as bad as 3 weeks for saying "stop ******* cheating" to an umpire.
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1141 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby Bombers4EVA » Thu May 29, 2014 2:01 pm

morell wrote:Nearly as bad as 3 weeks for saying "stop ******* cheating" to an umpire.

Best way to stop a cheating umpire. Play in front and keep your mouth closed.
Bombers4EVA
League - Best 21

Has liked: 326 times
Been liked: 89 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League