SAAFL division 6 2014

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Who will win the division 6 grand final?

Angle Vale
3%
Blackfriars OS
7%
Central United
2%
Fitzroy
13%
Ingle Farm
10%
Lockleys
4%
Mawson Lakes
13%
Mitchell Park
6%
Rosewater
33%
West Croydon
8%

Total votes : 98

Re: SAAFL division 6 2014

Postby Dogwatcher » Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:39 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Q. wrote:
He reported us and SMOSH for a melee that was just a bit of sledging at 3qtr time. No prior warning either. Caught him reading up on the rules after the game.

Thankfully the league were understanding of his antics and both clubs avoided the fine this time around.

Try having him and Lindsay Freeman umpire together, they try to out-idiot each other.

:lol:
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Milly » Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:39 am

woofwoof wrote:
piglet1 wrote:Rosies up by about 9 goals to united, but today was one of the worst umpiring displays ive seen this year for both sides..
I think centrals woukd think the same

Your not wrong rosewater were way to big and strong for us, but we have had the same peanut for the last 3 games.. spoils a good afternoon trying guess what trick big trevor will pull out next.

Was it the same umpire who paid free kick against someone in the crowd for abuse the game previously?
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 49 times
Grassroots Team: St Paul's College OS

Postby Mr Beefy » Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:44 am

Milly wrote:
woofwoof wrote:
piglet1 wrote:Rosies up by about 9 goals to united, but today was one of the worst umpiring displays ive seen this year for both sides..

Your not wrong rosewater were way to big and strong for us, but we have had the same peanut for the last 3 games.. spoils a good afternoon trying guess what trick big trevor will pull out next.

Was it the same umpire who paid free kick against someone in the crowd for abuse the game previously?

He paid a 25m penalty for crowd abuse on Sat too.
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 404 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:14 am

The umpiring in the Lockleys v Ingle Farm game was interesting. Wouldn't say it was bad but definitely had some moments and perhaps lacked consistency.

On a side note, any chance of Gatis and Naley pushing into the A grade? Along with the bloke they had at with the long hair, they would form quite a formidable forward line, would definitely stretch some teams defences..
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Has liked: 402 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:25 am

Ladder after Round 9:
16 - Ingle Farm
14 - Rosewater
14 - Blackfriars
14 - West Croydon
10 - Lockleys
----------------------------------------------------
8 - Fitzroy
8 - Central United
4 - Mawson Lakes
2 - Mitchell Park
0 - Angle Vale

Div 6R
16 - Lockleys
16 - Ingle Farm
14 - Rosewater
12 - West Croydon
12 - Mawson Lakes
------------------------------------------------
8 - Central United
6 - Fitzroy
4 - Blackfriars
2 - Flinders Uni
0 - Angle Vale
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Postby The Informer » Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:36 am

Phantom Gossiper wrote:The umpiring in the Lockleys v Ingle Farm game was interesting. Wouldn't say it was bad but definitely had some moments and perhaps lacked consistency.

On a side note, any chance of Gatis and Naley pushing into the A grade? Along with the bloke they had at with the long hair, they would form quite a formidable forward line, would definitely stretch some teams defences..

If your talking about the blokes who have been playing C grade i think this was covered earlier in this thread or the C4 thread, and the reply was, they just want to play with mates lol
The Informer
Reserves

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 233 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:42 am

The_Informer wrote:If your talking about the blokes who have been playing C grade i think this was covered earlier in this thread or the C4 thread, and the reply was, they just want to play with mates lol

Yes I think they are the same! Our lads had quite a bit of trouble on the weekend trying to contain them!
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Postby the milky bar kid » Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:09 am

Phantom Gossiper wrote:The umpiring in the Lockleys v Ingle Farm game was interesting. Wouldn't say it was bad but definitely had some moments and perhaps lacked consistency.

They weren't that bad PG, I thought they were pretty good.
the milky bar kid
League - Best 21

Has liked: 119 times
Been liked: 238 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:13 am

the milky bar kid wrote:
Phantom Gossiper wrote: Wouldn't say it was bad but definitely had some moments and perhaps lacked consistency.

I didn't say they were bad Mr "I kicked 4 goals and single handedly impacted the game and won it for Ingle Farm".. ;)
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Postby Robb_Stark » Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:16 am

Phantom Gossiper wrote:
the milky bar kid wrote:
Phantom Gossiper wrote: Wouldn't say it was bad but definitely had some moments and perhaps lacked consistency.

I didn't say they were bad Mr "I kicked 4 goals and single handedly impacted the game and won it for Ingle Farm".. ;)

you could always take the MBK spot
Robb_Stark
League - Best 21

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 155 times

Postby Arch44 » Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:25 am

Good game of Footy at Fitzroy in the Agrade. Roys up 7goals to 1 at qtr time then we had a 10 goal 2nd qtr. Very tight after that.
Also good work from Fitzroy with their new elevated coaches boxes makes a huge difference being able to see the other side of the ground now.
Hogg Shield Div IV 2018 Winner
Arch44
League - Top 5

Has liked: 717 times
Been liked: 272 times

Postby morell » Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:12 pm

Blackfriars quite impressive on the weekend.

So now we've played everyone, who are our flag fancies?

Rosewater are still the best side I've seen, Ingle Farm close second Blackfriars next. West Croyden a sneaky chance as well.
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1138 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby Arch44 » Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:21 pm

morell wrote:Blackfriars quite impressive on the weekend.

Rosewater are still the best side I've seen, Ingle Farm close second Blackfriars next. West Croyden a sneaky chance as well.

Obviously I will say us but Ingle Farm are the best 2 sides I think we have played against.
Hogg Shield Div IV 2018 Winner
Arch44
League - Top 5

Has liked: 717 times
Been liked: 272 times

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:29 pm

I find it difficult to judge in the A grade - West Croydon and Rosewater were both undermanned when Ingle Farm played them, Blackfriars got a massive jump on the Farmers early in the wet and proved the difference, apart from that quarter was quite even if not slightly in Farmers favour and Fitzroy in Round 1 were extremely good.

Where each side finishes after Rd 18 I think will have a huge bearing on chances if they can grab home finals.

In the B grade, Rosewater is the best side we have faced followed by Lockleys and Mawson Lakes about on Par.

Rosewater still favourites in both grades IMO.
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Postby The Real Number 3 » Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:11 pm

Dogwatcher wrote:Did Angle Vale play its B grade game on the weekend?

nope
One More!
The Real Number 3
League - Best 21

Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 67 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby Milly » Mon Jun 16, 2014 3:23 pm

Mr Beefy wrote:
Milly wrote:
woofwoof wrote:

He paid a 25m penalty for crowd abuse on Sat too.

Sorry I must have missed out when this rule was introduced. I understand there is one for abuse against a club's coaches box, but random spectators at the ground? :evil:
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 49 times
Grassroots Team: St Paul's College OS

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Jun 16, 2014 3:55 pm

Milly wrote:
Sorry I must have missed out when this rule was introduced. I understand there is one for abuse against a club's coaches box, but random spectators at the ground? :evil:

Big Trev makes his own rules up as he goes along. I wonder whether even he likes him.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Slowey » Mon Jun 16, 2014 4:01 pm

My half way report

Ingle Farm - Look to be the team to beat - bounced back with commanding win against Lockleys.
Rosewater - Have some very good recruits if they stay fit will challange deep into finals.
Blackfriars - Proved they are serious contenders beating Ingle Farm a couple of weeks back - In my eyes have the best skilled side in the comp by foot - major players this year.
West Croydon - Good side don't think they have enough weapons forward to challange the top 3.
Lockleys - Young with an even spread - could cause some upsets in second half of the year have more depth than most clubs with reserves being very strong.
Fitzroy - Should be higher on the ladder but keep dropping the close games they need to win - Have enough weapons to cause problems but depth and availability of key players don't help there situation.
Central United - Can kick big scores but don't have enough depth to worry the top 4 sides.
Mawson Lakes - Solid midfield, but not enough depth after them - won't beat any of the top 4
Mitchell Park - Bottom two side struggle - can only beat each other.
Angle Vale - Bottom two side struggle - can only beat each other.
Slowey

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Brahma Lodge

Postby Robb_Stark » Mon Jun 16, 2014 4:18 pm

umpire did a similar thing to salisbury west threatin to issue fines to the club for the amount of abuse he recieved on the weekend he actually stopped play and call both officals over explained what was going on then as he was running of turned back towards salisbury west and pointed to the people and said get them in line or else
Robb_Stark
League - Best 21

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 155 times

Postby Yank Man » Mon Jun 16, 2014 5:12 pm

Those top 4 are a cut above the rest. Rosewater have Schar, Ingle Farm have Gannell and BOS have Brincat, they stay sound and they will make the difference come the better weather in finals time. I thought BOS had high quality hand and foot skills and massive running ability particularly between the 50's. Very good team. :)
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 316 times
Grassroots Team: Edwardstown

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League