SAAFL division 6 2014

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Who will win the division 6 grand final?

Angle Vale
3%
Blackfriars OS
7%
Central United
2%
Fitzroy
13%
Ingle Farm
10%
Lockleys
4%
Mawson Lakes
13%
Mitchell Park
6%
Rosewater
33%
West Croydon
8%

Total votes : 98

Re: SAAFL division 6 2014

Postby Footy Chick » Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:18 am

:lol:
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby jo172 » Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:21 am

Phantom Gossiper wrote:
human_torpedo wrote:So had IF won in the B grade qualifying final and get a home final against Rosewater in the B grade who finished top would this be an issue?

The way its ended up, one of the sides had to be split up, it happens every year

Wow.. dude.. SERIOUSLY!! ARE YOU THAT THICK!?!?!?!

Go back, read the posts, UNDERSTAND.. Ingle Farm DO NOT CARE that their B grade are playing at West Croydon and split from the A grade!

The issue is we don't want to host the other game.

**** me is it really that difficult to comprehend!?!?

If you want to host an A Grade Final more often than not you'll have to host a neutral Reserves Final. I don't understand what the problem is?

Most club's would be happy to have the extra spectators coming through buying beer/snags etc.
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1198 times
Been liked: 724 times

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:39 am

AAARRRGHHHHHH
giphy.gif
giphy.gif (130.99 KiB) Viewed 1517 times

:lol:
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Has liked: 402 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby marbles » Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:39 am

jo172 wrote:
Phantom Gossiper wrote:
human_torpedo wrote:So had IF won in the B grade qualifying final and get a home final against Rosewater in the B grade who finished top would this be an issue?

The way its ended up, one of the sides had to be split up, it happens every year

Wow.. dude.. SERIOUSLY!! ARE YOU THAT THICK!?!?!?!

Go back, read the posts, UNDERSTAND.. Ingle Farm DO NOT CARE that their B grade are playing at West Croydon and split from the A grade!

The issue is we don't want to host the other game.

**** me is it really that difficult to comprehend!?!?

If you want to host an A Grade Final more often than not you'll have to host a neutral Reserves Final. I don't understand what the problem is?

Most club's would be happy to have the extra spectators coming through buying beer/snags etc.

take your money elsewhere u bastards!!!!!!
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 276 times
Been liked: 258 times

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:42 am

marbles wrote:take your money elsewhere u bastards!!!!!!

Why should they listen to you? You dont listen to us when we tell you to take your SUPER C GRADE PROPOSALS elsewhere! :D
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Postby marbles » Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:51 am

Phantom Gossiper wrote:
marbles wrote:take your money elsewhere u bastards!!!!!!

Why should they listen to you? You dont listen to us when we tell you to take your SUPER C GRADE PROPOSALS elsewhere! :D

yes i have actually :rock:

champ just be proud your once dwindling club on its last legs 18 months ago is now hosting division 6 finals. to do so your club is paying big $$.

the revenue made on the day the better to cover these costs yeah?

or are you secretly upset because u might believe having rosewater reserves there, before the big game will advantage rosewaters A-grade in the big match & your kinda spiritually feeling like rosewater are taking over your venue, and your boys metaphorically will be feeling like the away side on their home turf huh huh
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:54 am

marbles wrote:
yes i have actually :rock:

champ just be proud your once dwindling club on its last legs 18 months ago is now hosting division 6 finals. to do so your club is paying big $$.

the revenue made on the day the better to cover these costs yeah?

or are you secretly upset because u might believe having rosewater reserves there, before the big game will advantage rosewaters A-grade in the big match & your kinda spiritually feeling like rosewater are taking over your venue, and your boys metaphorically will be feeling like the away side on their home turf huh huh

:-O :-O I'd like to know how you managed to put some of them words next to each other?
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby morell » Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:59 am

I can't believe Ingle Farm are getting all upset because their b grade are playing at another ground.

Get over it FFS.

/sarcasm
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1141 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby marbles » Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:00 pm

PG is imploding because deep down he feels its not fair rosewaters Agrade will have their reserves there & ingle farm wont.

this especially happening on ingle farms home ground is even more unsettling & he is determined to get rid of rossies bgrade game - before the big agrade match haha
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:02 pm

:Hangman: :Hangman:

Think i'm about to have a mental break down! :lol:
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:03 pm

Besides i'll be playing home in the C grade anyway so i'm not worried :D
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:41 pm

Results after Finals Week 1:
Rosewater 19.7.121 d Fitzroy 11.12.78
West Croydon 23.8.146 d Ingle Farm 7.15.57

Lockleys 9.14.68 d Ingle Farm 8.13.61
West Croydon 9.6.60 d Mawson Lakes 7.8.50

Finals Week 2:
14:15 Blackfriars v West Croydon (St Dominics Oval): - Big match this one, both sides will be eager to cement their spot in the Grand Final and book a ticket to D5 next season. Last time these sides met was at the same venue, and the Hounds ran out comfortable 32 point winners with a 7 goal to 2 final quarter, after the Hawks had challenged up until 3/4 time. It will be interesting to see how Blackfriars handle the finals type intensity after a couple of 'softer' weeks against lower opposition and then the week off. They may well find themselves starting a bit slower.
West Croydon were clinical in their victory over Ingle Farm on the weekend, and thrived on the occasion. Noticeable to me was their far improved foot skills and ability to run hard forward. Losing Stubberfield early was a blow, but Johnston and O'Toole stood up and proved that their goal kicking options run deeper than first thought.
One criticism over the Hawks has been their apparent neglect to defence and happy to engage in shoot outs - this appeared rectified Saturday with their back 6 holding firm. They were able to respond to every Farmers challenge, and proved to have a strong mix around the ground.
Blackfriars is a slightly shorter ground, but the wide wings should still provide ample space for their runners to move. I think an upset is on the cards here, and West Croydon to book themselves into the big dance. Hawks 1-24 points.

14:15 Ingle Farm v Rosewater (Rowe Park): Two clubs that promised so much during the season and had high expectations placed on them now face off in this knock out Semi. Rosewater will hold no fears of Rowe Park after upsetting the 'Dogs in Round 15 by 3 goals. Started slowly on the weekend against Fitzroy, Rosewater were able to lift when needed and run out comprehensive 43 winners, Shaun Jacobsen doing the major damage with 7. Josh Vines earning Best on Ground honours, I can only imagine he provided some strong defensive pressure in the Rosewater forward line. Ingle Farm find themselves in a rapid free fall and need to find something to arrest this decline. Started the game well against West Croydon but quickly fell behind the 8 ball, and then after half time things went from bad to worse as the margin blew out to an incredible 89 points. The Farmers had their opportunites going forward but couldn't capitilise and missed some crucial chances. Very few who could say they played a full 4 quarters. Eric Glouftsis continues to be a shining light for the Farmers, and George Long's successful return from injury is a massive boost.
With a couple set to return this week including captain Russell Barker and in front of a big home crowd, the Farmers will be building up steadily for this one - this is their grand final.
A physical low scoring contest this will be, I feel if the 'Dogs from Rowe Park can identify another inside mid and goal scoring option then this match is ripe for the picking.
Question: Do they play for the 'Doggy Cup' in this match?

12:15 Ingle Farm v West Croydon (St Dominics Oval): West Croydon continue to surprise and do enough to win matches. This goes to show you dont need a superstar team but rather a group of lads willing to play for each other to obtain success. Defeated Mawson Lakes last week, and following their A grade again this week, the Hawks will be brimming with confidence. Last time they met, the Hawks were able to run over the top of Ingle Farm to claim a one goal win. The smaller surrounds of St Dominics will suit the Hawks better, but will need to produce their best 4 quarters of the season in this match.
The Farmers travelled to Lockleys on the weekend, and after jumping out to strong lead early with a 5 goal 1st quarter, the 'Dogs were only able to score maximum points 3 more times over the course of the match. Missed crucial opporutities during the latter stages, on a warm day the Farmers were over run late in the last quarter by 7 points.
There were enough signs to say that the Farmers are not far from returning to their best, but goal kicking continues to be a concern, struggling for goals and generally missing more than they get. With the A grade hopefully welcoming back a couple, the axe should be wielded on some dead weight and the side bolstered with the inclusion of a couple coming down.
Ingle Farm by 24+ points.

12:15 Rosewater v Lockleys (Rowe Park)
: Two sides that play a similar style and both have dangerous forward lines. Rosewater fresh from their week off will be eager to stamp their authority on this match and advance to the Grand Final. Shannon and Kouba continue to be the keys up forward for the Dogs. It will be interesting to see if they are strengthened by the return of Carson, Paget and Vines who played in the A grade last week. Important cogs to their lineup, they look considerably weaker without that trio.
Lockleys on the other hand will be full of confidence after over running the gallant Ingle Farm at home by 7 points. A dangerous forward line which includes Mitchell, Naley, Gatis and Olsen, the 'Dees have what it takes to match it anyone. Ascoli brilliant on the weekend, and had Mitchell's hands up forward not been so slippery early, the scoreline may have been different. A fit side that can run out 4 quarters and have the faith to believe they can stay in games until the end. It was Rosewater by 9 points last time they met, I sense a similar margin in this clash but a different result.
This will be the grand final preview.
Lockleys by 1-12 points.
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Postby old farmer » Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:15 pm

it's ok PG, I've got the solution. Swap the B & C Grade. Rosies and Lockleys can play at 10.15 and our C's at 12.15. Unfortunately the changerooms, canteen and bar won't be open because I will be at Blackfriars making sure I have trainers, matchday officials, interchange stewards and timekeepers in place. Then I can get back at 11.30 to do the same for our C and A grade games.........Rosewaters B grade deserve a home final so give it to them. Lockleys C grade are stand alone home and not at Blackfriars.
Ready........Go, start bagging for the sake of it.
Success is not final; failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts....
old farmer
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 112 times
Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

Postby jo172 » Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:17 pm

old farmer wrote:it's ok PG, I've got the solution. Swap the B & C Grade. Rosies and Lockleys can play at 10.15 and our C's at 12.15. Unfortunately the changerooms, canteen and bar won't be open because I will be at Blackfriars making sure I have trainers, matchday officials, interchange stewards and timekeepers in place. Then I can get back at 11.30 to do the same for our C and A grade games.........Rosewaters B grade deserve a home final so give it to them. Lockleys C grade are stand alone home and not at Blackfriars.
Ready........Go, start bagging for the sake of it.

Out of curiosity don't you A's and B's play at a different venue to your C's all year?

As in it's rare for all 3 sides to be playing at the same venue? Surely these problems aren't insurmountable, for the sole reason that you (and nearly every other club) deals with them on a week to week basis?
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1198 times
Been liked: 724 times

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:23 pm

Yes correct, but generally the support staff for A grade is same as B grade. C grade have always struggled for support unfortunately.
Also the Amatuer league guidelines stipulated for finals I believe requires a greater number of support staff?
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Postby carey » Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:25 pm

I noticed PG didn't tip in the IF v Rosies A grade match???

Don't want to start another riot?
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2803 times
Been liked: 2996 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby human_torpedo » Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:26 pm

Cool ya jets PG, I misunderstood what you were on about, settle down

We had to host a Westminster V Mitchell Park B grade game last year in a final. Life goes on mate, deal with it. Do you want Rosewater and Lockleys to go find a different ground just because your club doesnt want to host the game?
human_torpedo
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 371 times

Postby carey » Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:26 pm

A Grade- BOS and Rosewater
B Grade- IF and Lockleys

That is all.....
carey
Coach

Postby carey » Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:27 pm

Which way does Ingle Farms ground run????? ;)
carey
Coach

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:32 pm

human_torpedo wrote:Do you want Rosewater and Lockleys to go find a different ground just because your club doesnt want to host the game?

Yes please that would be greatly appreciated :) ;)
Last edited by Phantom Gossiper on Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League