SANFL Draw released..

All discussions to do with the SANFL

SANFL Draw released..

Postby Bluedemon » Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:27 pm

Does anyone know when the draw will be out?

edit - link http://www.sanfl.com.au/files/_system/F ... ixture.pdf
SAFooty.net, where you hear the community football news first
Bluedemon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 83 times
Been liked: 96 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Re: SANFL Draw

Postby bloods08 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:33 pm

Bluedemon wrote:Does anyone know when the draw will be out?

Usually not until a week or 2 before Xmas.
Go you Redbacks!
bloods08
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 13 times

Postby Big Phil » Thu Oct 31, 2013 2:33 pm

I'm hearing Christmas Eve...
Big Phil
Coach

Has liked: 120 times
Been liked: 271 times

Postby Aerie » Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:18 pm

So will there still be only 18 games? Eagles 2014 membership is out and season ticket is same price as last year ($170 - apparently a saving of $198 off rrp...). Maths clearly not the strong suit of the membership people at the Eagles.

Will they reduce normal ticket price from $14?
Aerie
Coach

Has liked: 147 times
Been liked: 503 times

Postby DOC » Thu Oct 31, 2013 6:38 pm

I think you get 10 home games (both Crows games plus the other 8).
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 723 times
Been liked: 2076 times

Postby Blackwhite » Thu Oct 31, 2013 6:44 pm

Aerie wrote:Will they reduce normal ticket price from $14?

Wonder how many more people will be inclined to go to games if tickets went back to $10. I know of many people who are going through financial hardships and have lowered the amount of games they go to each year because of the rising ticket prices. This should be one of the things the SANFL has a think about.
Blackwhite
Reserves

Has liked: 58 times
Been liked: 44 times
Grassroots Team: Payneham NU

Postby smac » Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:20 pm

DOC wrote:I think you get 10 home games (both Crows games plus the other 8).
which makes no difference to a season ticket. Less games in total certainly does.
smac
Coach

Has liked: 165 times
Been liked: 233 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby DOC » Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:38 pm

Good point. Yes two less games but same price. Have not seen ours yet. We may need to charge more to keep Wundke!
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 723 times
Been liked: 2076 times

Postby prowling panther » Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:54 pm

I would be happy to pay more, and a $2 tax just to keep him.
I wish my remembering was as good as my forgetting
prowling panther
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 90 times
Been liked: 28 times
Grassroots Team: Hectorville

Postby Dogsbody » Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:05 pm

One fixture I'm interested in is the interstate match which should be against the Vics in Melbourne.
ARRIVE... RAISE HELL... LEAVE.
Dogsbody
Under 18s

Been liked: 0 time

Postby Big Phil » Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:10 pm

Dogsbody wrote:One fixture I'm interested in is the interstate match which should be against the Vics in Melbourne.

Yep, on rotation, we play the VFL, possibly at the MCG, which should be some time in May or June, I would think...

Certainly hoping to do a radio road trip again and cover the game with one of the local stations...
Big Phil
Coach

Postby topsywaldron » Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:43 pm

prowling panther wrote:I would be happy to pay more, and a $2 tax just to keep him.

I'd be happy to pay more plus a tax for the AWFUL reserves teams to eff off.
'People are not stupid. They know when they are being conned. And two reserves teams operating in a League competition will reduce it to a farce, a competition without a soul.'

Dion Hayman 24th July 2013
topsywaldron
Veteran

Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 218 times

Postby Aerie » Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:29 pm

I know they will probably have 18 Rounds and finish the season the week before the AFL GF, but...

I reckon they should start the season the same week the AFL does. An opportunity to have two weeks of SANFL action before an AFL game is played in SA.

They could have 22 Rounds, including a bye for the State game and 2 split rounds. Then the usual finals series that would culminate in the GF on the Oct long weekend. More footy when the weather is good and keep the GF where it is, given the success it has had.

Each SANFL club would get 11 home games plus an additional game against Adelaide or Port in their country zone - so all country zones get 1 game.
If you play Adelaide 3 times this season you play them twice the next - vice versa for Port.
Port get 9 home games plus a game in Port Lincoln against the Crows and 4 other country games.
Crows play all away including 5 country games.
There would be 3 or 4 SANFL club only games scheduled at Adelaide Oval during the season on a Friday night plus the ANZAC Day GF Replay.
SANFL clubs would play 3 other SANFL clubs three times and 5 other SANFL clubs twice (home and away) during the season.
Aerie
Coach

Postby daysofourlives » Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:41 am

Aerie wrote:I know they will probably have 18 Rounds and finish the season the week before the AFL GF, but...

I reckon they should start the season the same week the AFL does. An opportunity to have two weeks of SANFL action before an AFL game is played in SA.

They could have 22 Rounds, including a bye for the State game and 2 split rounds. Then the usual finals series that would culminate in the GF on the Oct long weekend. More footy when the weather is good and keep the GF where it is, given the success it has had.

Each SANFL club would get 11 home games plus an additional game against Adelaide or Port in their country zone - so all country zones get 1 game.
If you play Adelaide 3 times this season you play them twice the next - vice versa for Port.
Port get 9 home games plus a game in Port Lincoln against the Crows and 4 other country games.
Crows play all away including 5 country games.
There would be 3 or 4 SANFL club only games scheduled at Adelaide Oval during the season on a Friday night plus the ANZAC Day GF Replay.
SANFL clubs would play 3 other SANFL clubs three times and 5 other SANFL clubs twice (home and away) during the season.

Why would country zones want a crows or power reserves game that would only eff up their own programming and not provide any benefit for their region.
Keep your B grade comp in the city thanks
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2415 times
Been liked: 1657 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby smac » Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:09 am

A couple of SANFL club board members I have spoken to believe the GF date will remain unchanged.

I expect the GF in late July, followed by mandatory trial games for Crows and Port reserves where the AFL listed players are not allowed to be tackled or bumped.
smac
Coach

Has liked: 165 times
Been liked: 233 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby Dogsbody » Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:00 pm

Big Phil wrote:
Dogsbody wrote:One fixture I'm interested in is the interstate match which should be against the Vics in Melbourne.

Yep, on rotation, we play the VFL, possibly at the MCG, which should be some time in May or June, I would think...

Certainly hoping to do a radio road trip again and cover the game with one of the local stations...

I can't see a state match at the MCG being a stand alone fixture... it would be a curtain raiser to an AFL match, surely?

I think it would be served better at either the North Port Oval or Visy Park TBH.

The only time the 'G is not committed on a Saturday is June 7, when the only AFL match in Melbourne is a night match at Etihad.
ARRIVE... RAISE HELL... LEAVE.
Dogsbody
Under 18s

Been liked: 0 time

Postby Big Phil » Thu Nov 14, 2013 6:30 pm

Soders just mentioned on Channel 7 News that they believe the Crows Reserves will start their season with a game against North Adelaide at Prospect on Sunday April 6th.
Big Phil
Coach

Postby Aerie » Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:03 pm

Big Phil wrote:Soders just mentioned on Channel 7 News that they believe the Crows Reserves will start their season with a game against North Adelaide at Prospect on Sunday April 6th.

If that is the case, with a 25 week season as stated in the proposal, the Grand Final will be played on the weekend of the 20th of September. AFL Prelim weekend.
Aerie
Coach

Postby zipzap » Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:31 am

Aerie wrote:So will there still be only 18 games? Eagles 2014 membership is out and season ticket is same price as last year ($170 - apparently a saving of $198 off rrp...). Maths clearly not the strong suit of the membership people at the Eagles.

Less games, same price - good luck to you.

Sturt's equivalent membership has increased to a staggering $215 :shock:
"A no vote from any club means there is some sort of risk involved in our entry into the competition not working," Steven Trigg.
zipzap
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 248 times
Been liked: 39 times

Postby beenreal » Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:27 am

zipzap wrote:
Aerie wrote:So will there still be only 18 games? Eagles 2014 membership is out and season ticket is same price as last year ($170 - apparently a saving of $198 off rrp...). Maths clearly not the strong suit of the membership people at the Eagles.

Less games, same price - good luck to you.

Sturt's equivalent membership has increased to a staggering $215 :shock:

How else do you think all your Port Adelaide recruits are going to be paid, dog Sh!t?
PORT ADELAIDE FOOTBALL CLUB
Serving the community since 1870
Developing footballers for 143 years
Proud of the Past, Confident of the Future
beenreal
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 11 times
Grassroots Team: Seaton Ramblers

Next

Board index   Football  SANFL