Sheffield Shield Scores around Oz

First Class Cricket Talk (International and State)

Sheffield Shield Scores around Oz

Postby Jim05 » Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:27 pm

Looks like NSW v WA final, the Vics are having a real go in the second dig against QLD and look like batting until stumps.
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3554 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Re: Sheffield Shield Scores around Oz

Postby Jim05 » Fri Mar 14, 2014 4:29 pm

Stumps pulled early and game drawn.
NSW v WA final at Manuka
Jim05
Coach

Postby mal » Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:01 pm

It appeared to be TOO bowler friendly in the NS V WA Canberra game
With the benefit of this experience
I'm expecting the curator to even things up and make the SS FInal pitch MORE batter friendly ....
mal
Coach

Has liked: 1164 times
Been liked: 919 times

Postby Jim05 » Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:14 pm

Will take my hat off to the Vics. Dead bottom of the ladder and over 200 behind after the first innings, they could of turned up their toes like we did but instead they knuckled down and batted over 4 sessions to save the game. Really wished we could of done the same
Jim05
Coach

Postby mal » Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:57 am

For the SS final

Michael Clarke IN
Douggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggie Bollinger OUT

Clarke has recovered from a sore thumb
Douggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggie Bollinger is replacing Johnson for the T20 World Cup
mal
Coach

Postby Coach Bombay » Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:56 pm

i have no interest in this match. still cut up about the redbacks choke
The death penalty can never be excused as it allows a state a means by which it can pick and choose who is fit to live and who isnt
Coach Bombay
League - Top 5

Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 142 times

Postby whufc » Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:01 pm

mal wrote:For the SS final

Michael Clarke IN
Douggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggie Bollinger OUT

Douggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggie Bollinger is replacing Johnson for the T20 World Cup

Not a huge fan of how players (yes I know they are on the team list etc etc) can just come back after one, two games at best and be able to take a player who has been there all year spot in the side.

Not having a crack at Clarke as his more than in his rights to play but I think Australian cricket would benefit more by having one of the young lads who has played all year getting the chance to play in a high pressure final and rare 5 day game for these domestic cricketers.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5603 times
Been liked: 2537 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby wycbloods » Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:33 pm

whufc wrote:

Michael Clarke IN

Not a huge fan of how players (yes I know they are on the team list etc etc) can just come back after one, two games at best and be able to take a player who has been there all year spot in the side.

Not having a crack at Clarke as his more than in his rights to play but I think Australian cricket would benefit more by having one of the young lads who has played all year getting the chance to play in a high pressure final and rare 5 day game for these domestic cricketers.

There has to be a benefit to the WA bowlers having to dismiss Michael Clarke surely? I understand your point about a Kurtis Patterson or someone similar getting a game and the benefit there is for him but there is still plenty of positives for Australian cricket with Clarke playing.
"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere." Dr. Rev. Martin Luther King Jnr.

CoverKing said what?

Agree with AF on this one!
wycbloods
Coach

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 20 times

Postby bloods08 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:39 pm

Clarke won't play. Has a fractured shoulder.
Go you Redbacks!
bloods08
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 13 times

Postby whufc » Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:43 pm

wycbloods wrote:
whufc wrote:

Michael Clarke IN

There has to be a benefit to the WA bowlers having to dismiss Michael Clarke surely? I understand your point about a Kurtis Patterson or someone similar getting a game and the benefit there is for him but there is still plenty of positives for Australian cricket with Clarke playing.

You are right, there is a definite benefit to the bowlers getting a chance to bowl to the worlds best.

I dunno I could just never see myself taking someone elses spot in a final when I would have only played 1-2 games in that year.

Personally I think there should be some form of qualification rule, especially if we are serious about rewarding the side that has been the best all year.
whufc
Coach

Postby stampy » Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:01 pm

we always fall for the myth that test players returning to shield automatically make tons, bit like afl players dropping back to sanfl expected to dominate, rarely happens
Go The Tiges!!!
stampy
Coach

Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 334 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby stampy » Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:12 pm

confirmed cracked shoulder so it doesnt matter
Go The Tiges!!!
stampy
Coach

Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 334 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby wycbloods » Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:24 pm

stampy wrote:confirmed cracked shoulder so it doesnt matter

http://www.cricket.com.au/news-list/2014/3/11/how-australias-injury-hit-players-broke-pain-barrier

Interesting read that one.
"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere." Dr. Rev. Martin Luther King Jnr.

CoverKing said what?

Agree with AF on this one!
wycbloods
Coach

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 20 times

Postby heater31 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:40 pm

wycbloods wrote:
stampy wrote:confirmed cracked shoulder so it doesnt matter

http://www.cricket.com.au/news-list/2014/3/11/how-australias-injury-hit-players-broke-pain-barrier

Interesting read that one.

On a much smaller scale I know how they feel....my longest ever cricket season (started in May last year) finished with the shortest ever game I have been involved in (called off after 5 balls with unsafe pitch).

Going for post season surgery in a weeks time but it really was a struggle to get through games for the past month. Barely bowled at training and took serious effort for games.

Ryan Harris is a freak :shock: I would have asked for a bullet long ago.....
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby mal » Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:23 pm

whufc wrote:

Michael Clarke IN

Smith and Lyon played in the last game
Meaning 2 other players missed out
If Clarke was fit , off course he should play
This is a Grand Final you pick the best available team

And Moses Henriques being here would have meant dropping another player as well

WA picked Shaun Marsh last game as well
mal
Coach

Postby whufc » Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:37 pm

mal wrote:
whufc wrote:

Michael Clarke IN

Yeah I understand that, I just think there should be a qualification rule for the final.
whufc
Coach

Postby the joker » Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:58 pm

whufc wrote:
mal wrote:
whufc wrote:

Michael Clarke IN

Yeah I understand that, I just think there should be a qualification rule for the final.
nah. Nah. Best players should play every game their available for.
I love vegatarian food. It goes great with steak.
the joker
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 58 times

Postby The Dark Knight » Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:21 pm

whufc wrote:
mal wrote:
whufc wrote:

Michael Clarke IN

I agree with you whufc.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10372 times
Been liked: 1526 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby daysofourlives » Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:05 am

So Dave Warner who was picked for Australian short form teams before his debut at shield level would be ineligible to play in the shield final because he hadnt played a game all year?
Didnt Kurt Patterson make 100 on debut in a shield final? Would he also have been ineligible under your rules?
Just asking the question
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2424 times
Been liked: 1660 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:49 pm

Phantom Gossiper
Coach