No votes
Henley
6%
Adelaide Uni
2%

Total votes : 54

SAAFL Division 7 2014

Postby Footy Chick » Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:45 pm

No idea who's in it, I'll put up a poll eventually.

Hopefully this shuts you all up. ;)
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Re: SAAFL Division 7 2014

Postby Q. » Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:13 pm

Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby panthers » Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:15 pm

Woohoo ty ty ty Footy Chick :D :prayer: :prayer: =D> but didn't think we whinged much :lol: :goodman:
Its More than a Game !!!
panthers
Rookie

Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 21 times
Grassroots Team: Smithfield

Postby great catch » Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:46 pm

Footy Chick wrote:No idea who's in it, I'll put up a poll eventually.

I'll make it easy for you lol Smithfield, wingfield, modbury,Central United,Adelaide uni,sacred heart,Henley, houghton districts,flinders uni, north pines
great catch
Rookie

Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 13 times

Postby bar20 » Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:30 pm

Footy Chick wrote:No idea who's in it, I'll put up a poll eventually.

Geez. About time. Was waiting a while for the D7 to come up for our C Grade. Noticed we are not in D7 next year though. Wonder what's happened. Might be in D8 next year

Terrific work sweet cheeks
bar20
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Flinders Park

Postby great catch » Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:03 am

Anyone's thoughts on who to look out for in 2014
great catch
Rookie

Postby Q. » Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:30 pm

great catch wrote:Anyone's thoughts on who to look out for in 2014

All eyes on Smithfield and their handful of new recruits.
Q.
Coach

Postby lutz » Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:45 pm

It is my understanding that Henley (from the board level) are keen to compete in D8 in the future. I'm not sure if they'll be able to for 2014 or not. I'm sure marbles will be happy to hear this.
I'm not sure how I feel about it.. More chance of success I'd assume, but not sure about that attitude. I think I'd rather compete at the highest level possible.
lutz
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 16 times

Postby great catch » Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:36 pm

Q. wrote:

I think we will be strong but we can only focus on one game at a time, I think your team will be hard to beat Q
great catch
Rookie

Postby panthers » Tue Nov 19, 2013 5:34 pm

Q. wrote:Image

Hey Q is that how not to jump the creek when retrieving the ball at Houghton ??? :lol:
Its More than a Game !!!
panthers
Rookie

Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 21 times
Grassroots Team: Smithfield

Postby S Demon » Tue Nov 19, 2013 5:54 pm

Q. wrote:

Houghton have picked up a couple of HV lads that will be handy. Well, one of them will be. The other one will just be overpaid
S Demon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 312 times
Been liked: 370 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby tomo » Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:00 pm

S Demon wrote:
Q. wrote:

Houghton have picked up a couple of HV lads that will be handy. Well, one of them will be. The other one will just be overpaid

I have full confidence in them both!!!
tomo
Under 16s

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 14 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby marbles » Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:11 pm

lutz wrote:It is my understanding that Henley (from the board level) are keen to compete in D8 in the future. I'm not sure if they'll be able to for 2014 or not. I'm sure marbles will be happy to hear this.
I'm not sure how I feel about it.. More chance of success I'd assume, but not sure about that attitude. I think I'd rather compete at the highest level possible.

our clubs c-graders and d-graders are majority just blokes who wanna have a game of footy on weekend and a catch up run around on thursday night

to then affiliate them against highly tuned a-graders who train 3 times a week is a little bit unfair considering our henley c-graders are paying money to play against blokes who in most cases are being paid

if our environment or culture didnt require our blokes to play the driven sumpremely athletic opponent, I think you would find the participation rate at ourclub would increase dramatically

this I believe would be beneficial at all clubs with c and d grade sides who compete against clubs who are agraders. im sure the league is aiming for a full seperation
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 275 times
Been liked: 258 times

Postby Q. » Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:37 pm

^^^^ three times a week??!! You're dreaming. Hard enough getting them all there twice a week.

And 3 or 4 blokes getting paid at a couple of the clubs doesn't equate to most people being paid to play.

And if div 7 A graders are 'supremely athletic' then what athletic freaks are your fringe Div 1 reserve players?
Q.
Coach

Postby beeroclock » Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:22 pm

marbles wrote:
lutz wrote:It is my understanding that Henley (from the board level) are keen to compete in D8 in the future. I'm not sure if they'll be able to for 2014 or not. I'm sure marbles will be happy to hear this.

our clubs c-graders and d-graders are majority just blokes who wanna have a game of footy on weekend and a catch up run around on thursday night

to then affiliate them against highly tuned a-graders who train 3 times a week is a little bit unfair considering our henley c-graders are paying money to play against blokes who in most cases are being paid

if our environment or culture didnt require our blokes to play the driven sumpremely athletic opponent, I think you would find the participation rate at ourclub would increase dramatically

this I believe would be beneficial at all clubs with c and d grade sides who compete against clubs who are agraders. im sure the league is aiming for a full seperation

If there only there for a kick and a catch what's it matter.
I'm sure your club couldn't and shouldn't give a rats about the C grade winning a flag.
Highly tuned Bahaha.
Train three nights a week more Bahaha.
Supreme athletes. Where?
beeroclock
League - Best 21

Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 53 times

Postby marbles » Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:56 pm

if henley c's had the 4 or 5 extra 'c graders' this year we'd would have smashed the lot if ya's, excluding the farmers so blah blah to the crap and look out if we depth issues dont plague us next year cos ur all in the way

if your club cant find a decent sponsorship manager to piss you's out of lame ass div 7 thats your problem but you start your preseason next week and we'll still smash ya's :)
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby Q. » Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:12 pm

good, now shut up
Q.
Coach

Postby lutz » Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:11 pm

marbles wrote:

That's a pretty poor attitude to have marbles. You should be striving for the best, not accepting mediocrity.
Although, I do think Henley will struggle in 2014 due to the departures in the B/C grade so far. The C grade will be fairly reliant on 2013's U18's continuing on to play senior footy next year, which is helped by 2013's U18's coach taking on the C grade job in 2014 (I'm fairly sure). It will be interesting to see if he can convince a good number of them to play senior footy. From all reports there was a strong turn out by the younger guys at the first night of pre-season last night, so hopefully they go on to play next season.
lutz
League Bench Warmer

Postby marbles » Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:02 am

why you think half the old boys refused to play c-grade ya tool

half of the dgrade premiership side were easily capable of playing cgrade but instead chose your 'mediocrity' theory and smashed out a flag just for 'fun'

not everyone is 23 years old, willing train a high speed 10km every week. not everyone, like yourself is striving or has the time to play division 1 agrade

these men hav families, are over 30 years old, they played more agrade division 1 than you ever will 10 years ago, plus theyre investing theyre hard earned money ($500 a year) just to have 'fun' on the weekend

now being thrashed by 160 points by an ingle farm outfit who train as hard as our div 1 agrade side certainly isnt 'fun'

this can be proven away from the club, with exactly how tea tree gullys cgraders (men tired of striving to play at the highest level) all decided 'to walk out' instead of playing division 6

so before u start spreading more nameless rumours on here just to get forum brownie points, how bout thinking about what youre real mates want and respect not everyone is a young buck who is happy to sprint 10km a week on the taining track
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby lutz » Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:01 am

marbles wrote:why you think half the old boys refused to play c-grade ya tool

half of the dgrade premiership side were easily capable of playing cgrade but instead chose your 'mediocrity' theory and smashed out a flag just for 'fun'

not everyone is 23 years old, willing train a high speed 10km every week. not everyone, like yourself is striving or has the time to play division 1 agrade

these men hav families, are over 30 years old, they played more agrade division 1 than you ever will 10 years ago, plus theyre investing theyre hard earned money ($500 a year) just to have 'fun' on the weekend

now being thrashed by 160 points by an ingle farm outfit who train as hard as our div 1 agrade side certainly isnt 'fun'

this can be proven away from the club, with exactly how tea tree gullys cgraders (men tired of striving to play at the highest level) all decided 'to walk out' instead of playing division 6

so before u start spreading more nameless rumours on here just to get forum brownie points, how bout thinking about what youre real mates want and respect not everyone is a young buck who is happy to sprint 10km a week on the taining track

Wow, never thought I'd see the day where marbles got rattled. Just my personal opinion if that is ok with you.
Were you one of the guys who chose to play C grade? How much does that flag mean if it was won by sand bagging?
Most of your C grade this year would have been under 30 I would have thought, and would have had more had your A's and B's not had so many injuries.
Having to compete against the likes of Ingle Farm and Angle Vale is not much fun as a C grade side, however it wasn't long ago that the same side was making GF's in this division, and even playing a grade higher... Would be a source of pride to have those sort of results.
lutz
League Bench Warmer

Next

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League