6%
Adelaide Uni
2%

Total votes : 54

Re: SAAFL Division 7 2014

Postby MegaNeck » Fri Dec 13, 2013 4:24 pm

Suri wrote:
The_Informer wrote:
TIRED TIGER wrote:Can't believe that players in div 7 are getting paid well over a hundred a game. Where is footy heading,surely you can attract players to your club without offering ridiculous money.will be bloody cold training in the middle of winter at this club

You have to be joking? There is no way any players in Div7 should be getting paid at all let alone over a hundred bucks. What type of club would do this?

People wonder why clubs fade away and die!

This would have to be a joke?

OR this could be the way the club is able to work its way up the Divisions, which is after all what all SAAFL clubs are trying to do. Maybe this club has exhausted all avenues in recruiting and has decided to fork out some coin to attract players that are going to help them win a flag, or at least make the GF so they can be promoted.

If its within your means to pay players why not use it to your advantage. You just want to make sure you recruit/pay the right type of player who supports the club off the field as much as he does on.

This is the crucial point. And one where many (if not most) clubs fail. All about short term gains vs long term gains.
I hear what you're saying....It sounds to me like "WAAA WAAA BLOODY WAAA"
MegaNeck
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Tea Tree Gully

Postby Yank Man » Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:54 pm

MegaNeck wrote:
Suri wrote:
The_Informer wrote:
TIRED TIGER wrote:Can't believe that players in div 7 are getting paid well over a hundred a game. Where is footy heading,surely you can attract players to your club without offering ridiculous money.will be bloody cold training in the middle of winter at this club

You have to be joking? There is no way any players in Div7 should be getting paid at all let alone over a hundred bucks. What type of club would do this?

OR this could be the way the club is able to work its way up the Divisions, which is after all what all SAAFL clubs are trying to do. Maybe this club has exhausted all avenues in recruiting and has decided to fork out some coin to attract players that are going to help them win a flag, or at least make the GF so they can be promoted.

If its within your means to pay players why not use it to your advantage. You just want to make sure you recruit/pay the right type of player who supports the club off the field as much as he does on.

This is the crucial point. And one where many (if not most) clubs fail. All about short term gains vs long term gains.

Unfortunately meganeck, you don't pay and you run the risk of losing your best players. I thought we recruited well at MP and the guys played for the love, but along comes the money tree and all of a sudden guys are getting offered more than half their weekly work salary to move on. Makes it hard to keep them. The budgets of some clubs I have heard in Div 6 and 7 blows me away, right up there with my time in Div 1 and 2. Makes our 2012 GF all the more special because really good players went to war just for the game and each other, ;)
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 317 times
Grassroots Team: Edwardstown

Postby Q. » Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:18 pm

MegaNeck wrote:
Suri wrote:
The_Informer wrote:

Simple answer to that is, don't re-sign them.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:03 pm

All clubs have debatable tactics to become succesful and as the world gets more and more competitive it will get more intense. Can't tell me the best clubs in the SAAFL rely on solely on juniors and the love of the club. Even the college sides would have fringe benefits to high prized recruits as per district clubs in many cases too.

Who gives a rats what clubs spend and even if it back fires you can't really tell if a recruit is a bad egg. Seen many blokes turn their lives around when surrounded with the right people and that cash turns in to the best cash you have spent.
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 73 times
Been liked: 741 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Yank Man » Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:14 pm

LaughingKookaburra wrote:All clubs have debatable tactics to become succesful and as the world gets more and more competitive it will get more intense. Can't tell me the best clubs in the SAAFL rely on solely on juniors and the love of the club. Even the college sides would have fringe benefits to high prized recruits as per district clubs in many cases too.

Who gives a rats what clubs spend and even if it back fires you can't really tell if a recruit is a bad egg. Seen many blokes turn their lives around when surrounded with the right people and that cash turns in to the best cash you have spent.

You're right LK, who gives a rats, except maybe the taxation department. The more clubs spend the more likely they will be to sniff. :D
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Postby X Runna » Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:20 pm

LaughingKookaburra wrote:All clubs have debatable tactics to become succesful and as the world gets more and more competitive it will get more intense. Can't tell me the best clubs in the SAAFL rely on solely on juniors and the love of the club. Even the college sides would have fringe benefits to high prized recruits as per district clubs in many cases too.

ABSOLUTELY & EXACTLY
X Runna
Reserves

Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 58 times
Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:59 am

Yank if Victorian Country clubs put $150k on players per year and don't even get investigated then the pissant city clubs have zilch to worry about.
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 73 times
Been liked: 741 times

Postby watchdog » Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:41 am

The Glenunga Football Club is looking for an A & B Grade Trial on March 15th.

Glenunga (Webb) oval is not available on this day so the trial will need to be away.

If interested PM me.
watchdog
Under 18s

Been liked: 11 times

Postby great catch » Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:38 pm

C united are staying in div 6 so I've heard from a few people
great catch
Rookie

Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 13 times

Postby happilyretired » Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:46 am

so have the final teams been decided yet...?
happilyretired
Rookie

Been liked: 2 times

Postby woofwoof » Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:27 pm

happilyretired wrote:so have the final teams been decided yet...?

Just got word from cufc committee bye bye div 7, back to div6 and try to gain some respect back from rhe saafl comminity,
woofwoof

Has liked: 165 times
Been liked: 14 times
Grassroots Team: Central United

Postby happilyretired » Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:04 pm

woofwoof wrote:

Just got word from cufc committee bye bye div 7, back to div6 and try to gain some respect back from rhe saafl comminity,

Ah right, interesting.. does this mean someone come back in?

SHOCS?
Flinders Park?
happilyretired
Rookie

Postby tomo » Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:54 pm

I would think SHOC is the team to come back in as they were more than competative last season!!!!
tomo
Under 16s

Has liked: 1 time

Postby Yank Man » Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:28 pm

woofwoof wrote:

Just got word from cufc committee bye bye div 7, back to div6 and try to gain some respect back from rhe saafl comminity,[/quote

So I guess that has been approved by the league. Yes?
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Postby panthers » Sat Jan 25, 2014 8:51 pm

Yank Man wrote:
woofwoof wrote:

Just got word from cufc committee bye bye div 7, back to div6 and try to gain some respect back from rhe saafl comminity,[/quote

Would have thought only the SAAFL could approve it :?
Its More than a Game !!!
panthers
Rookie

Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 21 times
Grassroots Team: Smithfield

Postby woofwoof » Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:19 pm

Yank Man wrote:
woofwoof wrote:

Yes saafl told us on tueday that it was offical.
woofwoof

Has liked: 165 times
Grassroots Team: Central United

Postby Esteban Vihaio » Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:57 am

Thus leaving two CU v Smithfield game to the imagination
Where's Bill? Yeah... Hmm... Bill is on the Villa Quatro, on the road to Salina. I will draw you a map.
Esteban Vihaio
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 36 times

Postby Q. » Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:18 pm

A good day to have training at water world!
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby happilyretired » Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:34 am

Have heard, albeit 3rd hand, that its a bit of a case of "last one out turn the lights off" at Flinders Uni..

It appears after their breakout year last year it is one step forward two steps backwards

Apparently have lost about 20-25 players so far and have already canned the C grade.

Very sad if true as I saw some games last year and they had some real talented and hard at it players!

Anyone else heard anything or anyone from their club on here?
happilyretired
Rookie

Postby marbles » Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:57 am

happilyretired wrote:Have heard, albeit 3rd hand, that its a bit of a case of "last one out turn the lights off" at Flinders Uni..

It appears after their breakout year last year it is one step forward two steps backwards

Apparently have lost about 20-25 players so far and have already canned the C grade.

Very sad if true as I saw some games last year and they had some real talented and hard at it players!

Anyone else heard anything or anyone from their club on here?

one season of glory and the crabs are in demand! getting the big bucks now! other clubs have gone crabbing
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 276 times
Been liked: 259 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League