No votes
Henley
6%
Adelaide Uni
2%

Total votes : 54

Re: SAAFL Division 7 2014

Postby The Ash Man » Sun Apr 06, 2014 8:36 pm

Footy Chick wrote:well apparently their A grade actually played against Torrens Valley yesterday....so figure that out ;-)

:roll: :roll:
The Ash Man
Coach

Has liked: 381 times
Been liked: 260 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:17 am

My heart goes out to Flinders Park, clearly struggling with ther C grade in 7R.. Oh dear hope they get more than 20 on the track or could be a long season.. :roll:
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Has liked: 402 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby marbles » Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:43 am

great catch wrote:
Q. wrote:Methinks Wingfield should have been in D7 Reserves and and FP in D7.

Thought the same

would a simple switch FP to Div 7 & wingfield to div 7r affect much? would it screw a lot of shit up or no damage done?

cos essentially modbury dgrade boys are sitting back sayin "yeah got beat last week, flinders park C grade beat us"
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 276 times
Been liked: 259 times

Postby tomo » Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:50 am

marbles wrote:
great catch wrote:

Thought the same

would a simple switch FP to Div 7 & wingfield to div 7r affect much? would it screw a lot of shit up or no damage done?

cos essentially modbury dgrade boys are sitting back sayin "yeah got beat last week, flinders park C grade beat us"

Would have to just leave it as it is now I think.
Modbury already got the big win over Winfield, if the other sides had to play a more competitive FP now instead how would that go???!!!

Should have had Mitchell park and flinders uni in div 7 instead of 6 aswell, but what is done is done!!!!

Surely You cant just start changing teams around once the season has already started!!!!
tomo
Under 16s

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 14 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Sass! » Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:53 am

marbles wrote:
great catch wrote:

Thought the same

I played in the C grade for Modbury on Saturday and watched the D grade game before hand.. we fielded a very strong D grade side and Flinders Park made them look average with superior Height across the ground, big bodies, fitness and skills.. No discredit to Wingfield but i think our D grade would of comfortably beaten them if they got placed in div 7 reserves.. Where as the match up for flinders park vs our C grade side would of no doubt been a much closer affair.. end of the day you just dont know until the season starts but from what i saw and played against wingfield will be on the end of a few floggings and Flinders will likely dish some out..

only round 1 so its very hard to stand by statements but from a player and spectator you could tell straight away who the stronger of the two were..
Sass!
Under 16s

Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 47 times
Grassroots Team: Modbury

Postby marbles » Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:01 am

many of the FP players would be striving for their B-Grade (Div 2r side).

henleys dgrade played flinders park d-grade in the GF last year, so what now our dgrade have to play their C-Grade just so they can get grand final revenge? haha

OR are Flinders just doing anything to get out of playing smithfield :)

just switch em, give modbury a 10 goal win, and give flinders park a 10 goal win

wingfields position with 1 team is to keep them a float, put them in div 7r, give their club hope of having a few good times this year
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby tomo » Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:16 am

marbles wrote:many of the FP players would be striving for their B-Grade (Div 2r side).

henleys dgrade played flinders park d-grade in the GF last year, so what now our dgrade have to play their C-Grade just so they can get grand final revenge? haha

just switch em, give modbury a 10 goal win, and give flinders park a 10 goal win

wingfields position with 1 team is to keep them a float, put them in div 7r, give their club hope of having a few good times this year

Ok then, while ya at it throw Mitchel Park and Flinders Uni in Div 7 and 7r!!!!!!

Im sure their clubs will have a better chance of survival in div 7 rather than copping absolute hidings week in week out!!!
tomo
Under 16s

Been liked: 14 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby marbles » Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:29 am

tomo wrote:
marbles wrote:many of the FP players would be striving for their B-Grade (Div 2r side).

Ok then, while ya at it throw Mitchel Park and Flinders Uni in Div 7 and 7r!!!!!!

Im sure their clubs will have a better chance of survival in div 7 rather than copping absolute hidings week in week out!!!

err dude its a simple switch of making flinders park play at 2:15 and wingfield at 12:15

whatever outrageous moves you wanna do is too late for now, The beds of The Flinders University of Mitchell Park Crabby Lions are made now, theyre situation is the best theyre gonna get and im sure they happy with it instead of disbanding.
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby Reilly » Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:45 am

Going through the FP team sheet the majority of those names played D grade last year. They'll be good in D7R but they were good last year too.
Reilly

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 4 times
Grassroots Team: Flinders Park

Postby marbles » Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:56 am

would FP smash wingfield?
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby Reilly » Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:22 am

marbles wrote:would FP smash wingfield?

Looking at the scores from Saturday I would think so. My point was that if you have a look through the team sheet and compare to last year's D7R, you'll see a lot of familar names.
Reilly

Postby Footy Chick » Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:37 am

Would Superman smash Mighty Mouse?
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby jo172 » Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:48 am

Footy Chick wrote:

You seem to enjoy this metaphor
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1199 times
Been liked: 725 times

Postby marbles » Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:09 pm

jo172 wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:

marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby Footy Chick » Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:14 pm

jo172 wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:

Only because it's a quote from Stand By Me :lol:
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby Alan » Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:39 pm

marbles wrote:
tomo wrote:

err dude its a simple switch of making flinders park play at 2:15 and wingfield at 12:15

whatever outrageous moves you wanna do is too late for now, The beds of The Flinders University of Mitchell Park Crabby Lions are made now, theyre situation is the best theyre gonna get and im sure they happy with it instead of disbanding.

and why not throw Kilburn in D7 as well!
Alan

Been liked: 7 times
Grassroots Team: Henley

Postby The Cows » Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:42 pm

I think you will find it was the battle of the ring in's. There was even one bloke who hadnt played footy before.
It is not our C grade from last year, far from it. There was only one fella that played C grade last year and that was the ruckman.
We lost some real quality from our lower grades and we even had fill in's playing in the B grade. From what i was told the Modbury lads were a bit older and round one is no show of form either way. Lets just wait till round 5 or 6 and then we will see who the bolters are.
The Cows
Rookie

Been liked: 1 time

Postby marbles » Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:59 pm

The Cows wrote:I think you will find it was the battle of the ring in's. There was even one bloke who hadnt played footy before.
It is not our C grade from last year, far from it. There was only one fella that played C grade last year and that was the ruckman.
We lost some real quality from our lower grades and we even had fill in's playing in the B grade. From what i was told the Modbury lads were a bit older and round one is no show of form either way. Lets just wait till round 5 or 6 and then we will see who the bolters are.

henley's cgrade aint what it was last year either, huge losses for us too

its a little bit odd mate if wingfield couldnt even beat ya but yet theyre the ones out there being smashed as the bandaid on your voids
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby Reilly » Mon Apr 07, 2014 5:24 pm

marbles wrote:
The Cows wrote:I think you will find it was the battle of the ring in's. There was even one bloke who hadnt played footy before.

henley's cgrade aint what it was last year either, huge losses for us too

its a little bit odd mate if wingfield couldnt even beat ya but yet theyre the ones out there being smashed as the bandaid on your voids

I can see this happening whenever FP have a win :roll:
There were 2 C grade players from last year that played Saturday, 5 from the losing D grade GF, the rest were either new players or guys that weren't good enough to get a gig in the GF last year.
It's not like FP won by a massive margin.
Reilly

Postby marbles » Mon Apr 07, 2014 5:27 pm

dreads :)
marbles
Assistant Coach

PreviousNext