No votes
Henley
6%
Adelaide Uni
2%

Total votes : 54

Re: SAAFL Division 7 2014

Postby Footy Warrior » Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:22 am

Phantom Gossiper wrote:I think the point is with Flinders Park is regardless of who you have from last years C or D grade side, the fact remains you have been able to drop a side and remain in the lowest grade.

At least should've played in Div 7 and if you copped floggings so be it.

No club should be given a cheap C or D grade flag when dropping down a grade just before the season starts. Think the SAAFL have messed up here and rewarding Flinders Park C grade with a flag. Ordinary stuff from both parties. I sincerely hope another club is rewarded with the Div 7R premiership
Footy Warrior
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Cobdogla

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:32 am

marbles wrote:interesting range of results occurring so far...

smithfield smash uni at uni by 10 goals from memory

uni smash houghton at houghton by about 8 goals

houghton smash wingfield by 30 goals

modbury smash wingfield also by 30 goals

henley gets past modbury a week later after also getting just pass shocs

but shocs then come out and smash north pines by 10-15 goals

and smosh in their only game got a nice mauling by smithfield

are we looking at a 50 goal win for smithfield when they play wingfield?

Yes, as I've said previously, unless it snows, no one will get within 10 goals of Smithfield.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4346 times
Been liked: 7926 times

Postby Q. » Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:42 am

Footy Warrior wrote:
Phantom Gossiper wrote:I think the point is with Flinders Park is regardless of who you have from last years C or D grade side, the fact remains you have been able to drop a side and remain in the lowest grade.

No club should be given a cheap C or D grade flag when dropping down a grade just before the season starts. Think the SAAFL have messed up here and rewarding Flinders Park C grade with a flag. Ordinary stuff from both parties. I sincerely hope another club is rewarded with the Div 7R premiership

I watched the first half of our game against Flinders Park and scores were about level when I left at the main break. Not sure what happened in the second half, but Flinders Park didn't seem to be anywhere near as good as their D-Grade from last year and I'd wager that if we didn't have a dozen blokes at weddings, then the end result would have been much tighter.

They are far from certainties to win D7R.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Q. » Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:45 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:Yes, as I've said previously, unless it snows, no one will get within 10 goals of Smithfield.

How's the depth though?
Q.
Coach

Postby Reilly » Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:49 am

Q. wrote:
Footy Warrior wrote:

I watched the first half of our game against Flinders Park and scores were about level when I left at the main break. Not sure what happened in the second half, but Flinders Park didn't seem to be anywhere near as good as their D-Grade from last year and I'd wager that if we didn't have a dozen blokes at weddings, then the end result would have been much tighter.

They are far from certainties to win D7R.

Couldn't agree more Q. Saw the game Saturday and at half time it was anyones. FP just had better legs in the second half. Will be interesting to see how FP go as the season goes on and there's injuries in the higher grades and guys being forced to go up. I know before the game Saturday they were short cause the boys were posting messages on Facebook trying to make up the numbers!
Reilly

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 4 times
Grassroots Team: Flinders Park

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:58 am

Q. wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:Yes, as I've said previously, unless it snows, no one will get within 10 goals of Smithfield.

How's the depth though?

It's there mate, just looking at last weeks list I seen 10 handy names and they have players that haven't played yet. Apparently 60+ on the track and everyone is moving in the same & correct direction.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby marbles » Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:21 pm

its great having the invincible smithfield, cos the boys at uni will figure the blacks arent the one & only in the comp so its a no easy road to the flag for them haha

panthers vs uni, uni vs the rest
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 276 times
Been liked: 259 times

Postby The Cows » Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:33 pm

Footy Warrior wrote:

Wow giving out flags in April mate!!
Flags arent rewarded they are earned, you should know that.
I would think there are quite a few clubs in front of Flinders Park this year.
Henley, Smithfield, Adel Uni, SHOC's.
I would think we will be happy just to make the 5. As Q said we are no where near the same team.
The Cows
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Flinders Park

Postby Q. » Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:51 pm

marbles wrote:its great having the invincible smithfield, cos the boys at uni will figure the blacks arent the one & only in the comp so its a no easy road to the flag for them haha

I wonder if the mid-semester break resulted in a handful of changes to the Uni side?
Q.
Coach

Postby finn » Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:00 pm

Q. wrote:
marbles wrote:its great having the invincible smithfield, cos the boys at uni will figure the blacks arent the one & only in the comp so its a no easy road to the flag for them haha

I wonder if the mid-semester break resulted in a handful of changes to the Uni side?

Firstly, what does this mean exactly marbles?
Secondly, there's always a few changes around the semester break but Smithfield were too good on the day with a strong midfield and forward line with a variety of avenues to goal. They also played the intimidation card on the much younger Uni players which perhaps mightn't work later in the season or against other sides. I'd be very surprised though if Smithfield weren't playing deep in the finals.
always forgive your enemies...nothing annoys them so much
finn
League - Best 21

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 22 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide University

Postby marbles » Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:07 pm

finn wrote:
Q. wrote:

Firstly, what does this mean exactly marbles?
Secondly, there's always a few changes around the semester break but Smithfield were too good on the day with a strong midfield and forward line with a variety of avenues to goal. They also played the intimidation card on the much younger Uni players which perhaps mightn't work later in the season or against other sides. I'd be very surprised though if Smithfield weren't playing deep in the finals.

haha uni will be the only side to get close to smithees, and the rest of will be hoping we can get close to uni :D

mid semester? only first term isnt it?
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby Q. » Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:11 pm

marbles wrote:mid semester? only first term isnt it?

mid-semester break is the one between first and second term, ie now
Q.
Coach

Postby marbles » Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:11 pm

The Cows wrote:
Footy Warrior wrote:

Wow giving out flags in April mate!!
Flags arent rewarded they are earned, you should know that.
I would think there are quite a few clubs in front of Flinders Park this year.
Henley, Smithfield, Adel Uni, SHOC's.
I would think we will be happy just to make the 5. As Q said we are no where near the same team.

its a tongue in cheek comment, but also could prevail....

2013 GF = Henley D's vs Flinders Park D's

2014 GF = Henley D's vs Flinders Park C's ?? :D

if us sharks win that whats next? chuck ya b-grade against us :D
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:12 pm

Or maybe Henley could try stepping up? ;)
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Has liked: 402 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby marbles » Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:20 pm

Q. wrote:
marbles wrote:mid semester? only first term isnt it?

mid-semester break is the one between first and second term, ie now

yeah my bad mate :D
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:53 pm

finn wrote:Firstly, what does this mean exactly marbles?

Intimidation card? Went in hard?
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby great catch » Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:16 pm

We only wanna take it week by week no point getting ahead of ourself, there's no point being cocky, yes we have a good side but we train very hard to get to we're we wanna be!!
great catch
Rookie

Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 13 times

Postby woodublieve12 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:25 pm

great catch wrote:We only wanna take it week by week no point getting ahead of ourself, there's no point being cocky, yes we have a good side but we train very hard to get to we're we wanna be!!

;)
Attachments
captaincliche_sm.jpg
captaincliche_sm.jpg (64.22 KiB) Viewed 1985 times
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3026 times
Been liked: 2401 times

Postby zedman » Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:37 pm

great catch wrote:We only wanna take it week by week no point getting ahead of ourself, there's no point being cocky, yes we have a good side but we train very hard to get to we're we wanna be!!

training has little to nothing to do with it..your players are just better across the board and many could play in higher grades and have previously..its that simple..its division 7..there are 9 teams only..5 of your opposing teams are C grades, wingfield is a basket case and north pines are only slightly better atm..HDFC the only genuine A grade team as a rival..if you dont win the flag its a massive choke..imo..
zedman
Coach

Has liked: 1079 times
Been liked: 387 times

Postby great catch » Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:43 pm

zedman wrote:

training has little to nothing to do with it..your players are just better across the board and many could play in higher grades and have previously..its that simple..its division 7..there are 9 teams only..5 of your opposing teams are C grades, wingfield is a basket case and north pines are only slightly better atm..HDFC the only genuine A grade team as a rival..if you dont win the flag its a massive choke..imo..

How does training have nothing to do with it you have rocks in your head! It's all about fitness and skills without that your hopeless, and for the other teams who cares if your playing some c grade clubs most of them go up and down in there a grade and b grade I know a few blokes from Henley that played a grade, but now just wanna have a kick with there mates, but yet they still get asked to play a's cause there absolute guns!
great catch
Rookie

Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 13 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League