No votes
Henley
6%
Adelaide Uni
2%

Total votes : 54

Re: SAAFL Division 7 2014

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:58 pm

great catch wrote:How does training have nothing to do with it you have rocks in your head! It's all about fitness and skills without that your hopeless, and for the other teams who cares if your playing some c grade clubs most of them go up and down in there a grade and b grade I know a few blokes from Henley that played a grade, but now just wanna have a kick with there mates, but yet they still get asked to play a's cause there absolute guns!

zedman has a great football brain, he's just stating that you guys will canter it in with the talent in the side. Unless you all put on 15 kilo's and everyone takes up smoking 2 packets a day anything short of a premiership is under-achieving.
There's plenty of work to do and as players you can't take any game lightly but your group is head and shoulders better than any other in the division.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4346 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:00 pm

Smithfield will win the flag by the length of Flemington. End of story.
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Has liked: 402 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby zedman » Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:25 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
great catch wrote:How does training have nothing to do with it you have rocks in your head! It's all about fitness and skills without that your hopeless, and for the other teams who cares if your playing some c grade clubs most of them go up and down in there a grade and b grade I know a few blokes from Henley that played a grade, but now just wanna have a kick with there mates, but yet they still get asked to play a's cause there absolute guns!

zedman has a great football brain, he's just stating that you guys will canter it in with the talent in the side. Unless you all put on 15 kilo's and everyone takes up smoking 2 packets a day anything short of a premiership is under-achieving.
There's plenty of work to do and as players you can't take any game lightly but your group is head and shoulders better than any other in the division.

thats very kind LM and yes you have understood me completely..i wasnt taking a shot at SFC..just stating what i see as being obvious..just as we did in 2013 with IFFC and 2012 with MPFC..
zedman
Coach

Has liked: 1079 times
Been liked: 387 times

Postby Footy Chick » Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:29 pm

Phantom Gossiper wrote:Smithfield will win the flag by the length of Flemington. End of story.

How fars that?
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:39 pm

Footy Chick wrote:
Phantom Gossiper wrote:Smithfield will win the flag by the length of Flemington. End of story.

How fars that?

9 goals 7.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4346 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:42 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:

How fars that?

9 goals 7.

Hmm my conversions must be out, I had 10 goals 1 :?
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Has liked: 402 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby lutz » Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:56 pm

great catch wrote:
zedman wrote:
great catch wrote:We only wanna take it week by week no point getting ahead of ourself, there's no point being cocky, yes we have a good side but we train very hard to get to we're we wanna be!!

training has little to nothing to do with it..your players are just better across the board and many could play in higher grades and have previously..its that simple..its division 7..there are 9 teams only..5 of your opposing teams are C grades, wingfield is a basket case and north pines are only slightly better atm..HDFC the only genuine A grade team as a rival..if you dont win the flag its a massive choke..imo..

How does training have nothing to do with it you have rocks in your head! It's all about fitness and skills without that your hopeless, and for the other teams who cares if your playing some c grade clubs most of them go up and down in there a grade and b grade I know a few blokes from Henley that played a grade, but now just wanna have a kick with there mates, but yet they still get asked to play a's cause there absolute guns!

Could you please tell us who these mates are? There is maybe one player capable of playing in the Henley A grade from their C's atm, but he is a long way back. Your statement is a long off the mark. There is no one in that side floating from A grade to C grade.
lutz
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 16 times

Postby zedman » Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:59 pm

lutz wrote:
great catch wrote:
zedman wrote:
great catch wrote:We only wanna take it week by week no point getting ahead of ourself, there's no point being cocky, yes we have a good side but we train very hard to get to we're we wanna be!!

training has little to nothing to do with it..your players are just better across the board and many could play in higher grades and have previously..its that simple..its division 7..there are 9 teams only..5 of your opposing teams are C grades, wingfield is a basket case and north pines are only slightly better atm..HDFC the only genuine A grade team as a rival..if you dont win the flag its a massive choke..imo..

How does training have nothing to do with it you have rocks in your head! It's all about fitness and skills without that your hopeless, and for the other teams who cares if your playing some c grade clubs most of them go up and down in there a grade and b grade I know a few blokes from Henley that played a grade, but now just wanna have a kick with there mates, but yet they still get asked to play a's cause there absolute guns!

Could you please tell us who these mates are? There is maybe one player capable of playing in the Henley A grade from their C's atm, but he is a long way back. Your statement is a long off the mark. There is no one in that side floating from A grade to C grade.

anyone half decent went to glenunga didnt they lutz?
zedman
Coach

Has liked: 1079 times
Been liked: 387 times

Postby AndersonWalkWarrior » Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:21 pm

How can ppl get on here and say smithfield will win the flag easy? There has only been 2 games played.. Are ya trying to say that so if smithfield dont win the GF you can jump on here and start saying "smithfield shouldve won the flag" "they shouldve flogged every team" blah blah blah.
Lets just take it one week at a time!!
Oh and I heard if smithfield do win the flag LM is gonna do 5 laps of the oval in the nude on mad monday :shock:
AndersonWalkWarrior
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 7 times

Postby Q. » Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:33 pm

AndersonWalkWarrior wrote:Oh and I heard if smithfield do win the flag LM is gonna do 5 laps of the oval in the nude on mad monday :shock:

So what's different to every other Monday?
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby panthers » Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:05 pm

Q. wrote:
AndersonWalkWarrior wrote:Oh and I heard if smithfield do win the flag LM is gonna do 5 laps of the oval in the nude on mad monday :shock:

So what's different to every other Monday?

Wondered who that was, looks waaaaaay different nude lmao :shock: :shock: :shock:
Its More than a Game !!!
panthers
Rookie

Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 21 times
Grassroots Team: Smithfield

Postby carey » Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:07 pm

AndersonWalkWarrior wrote:How can ppl get on here and say smithfield will win the flag easy? There has only been 2 games played.. Are ya trying to say that so if smithfield dont win the GF you can jump on here and start saying "smithfield shouldve won the flag" "they shouldve flogged every team" blah blah blah.
Oh and I heard if smithfield do win the flag LM is gonna do 5 laps of the oval in the nude on mad monday :shock:

I would be extremely surprised if Smithfield lost a game with the list they have. You can try and take the attention off you guys as much as you like but the facts are with the side you put out people aren't stupid. Your clearly flag favourites.
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2809 times
Been liked: 2997 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby panthers » Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:14 pm

carey wrote:
AndersonWalkWarrior wrote:How can ppl get on here and say smithfield will win the flag easy? There has only been 2 games played.. Are ya trying to say that so if smithfield dont win the GF you can jump on here and start saying "smithfield shouldve won the flag" "they shouldve flogged every team" blah blah blah.

I would be extremely surprised if Smithfield lost a game with the list they have. You can try and take the attention off you guys as much as you like but the facts are with the side you put out people aren't stupid. Your clearly flag favourites.

Notice Henley has had 2 wins against quality opposition, makes me think Marbles is flyin under the radar :roll:
Its More than a Game !!!
panthers
Rookie

Postby marbles » Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:32 pm

no matter where smithees finishes this season what would make me proud more than anything, would be a construction of goal height nets at the southern end of the ground preventing the ball rolling down into shit creek everytime someone kicks a goal :)
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 276 times
Been liked: 259 times

Postby Lethal Dose » Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:03 pm

Wonder if an ex captain and a certain woman would hook up on the oval again this time around, like 1992 &1995
Lethal Dose
Under 16s

Been liked: 2 times

Postby panthers » Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:33 pm

marbles wrote:no matter where smithees finishes this season what would make me proud more than anything, would be a construction of goal height nets at the southern end of the ground preventing the ball rolling down into shit creek everytime someone kicks a goal :)

Yep must agree Marbles but that's the only training some of our players do !!! ;)
Its More than a Game !!!
panthers
Rookie

Postby Lethal Dose » Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:39 pm

Wonder how loud the hill at smithfield will be if they are undefeated come the halfway mark of the season, are there any closet supporters coming out of the wood work now players have come back, and some good footy is being played back out there again
Lethal Dose
Under 16s

Postby finn » Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:40 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
finn wrote:Firstly, what does this mean exactly marbles?
Secondly, there's always a few changes around the semester break but Smithfield were too good on the day with a strong midfield and forward line with a variety of avenues to goal. They also played the intimidation card on the much younger Uni players which perhaps mightn't work later in the season or against other sides. I'd be very surprised though if Smithfield weren't playing deep in the finals.

Intimidation card? Went in hard?

Nope, things like a couple of judicious late bumps, constant bumping/elbows from Smithfield forwards when the ball was at the other end and ensuring what used to be known as making them earn it.
Nothing that could be considered reportable but guaranteed to let sides know that they'll feel sore the next day.
always forgive your enemies...nothing annoys them so much
finn
League - Best 21

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 22 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide University

Postby panthers » Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:43 pm

Lethal Dose wrote:Wonder how loud the hill at smithfield will be if they are undefeated come the halfway mark of the season, are there any closet supporters coming out of the wood work now players have come back, and some good footy is being played back out there again

Have seen a few, but a lot have moved away now, probably more chance of
seeing some of the old school in the finals, assuming we get there :)
Its More than a Game !!!
panthers
Rookie

Postby Lethal Dose » Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:45 pm

panthers wrote:
Lethal Dose wrote:Wonder how loud the hill at smithfield will be if they are undefeated come the halfway mark of the season, are there any closet supporters coming out of the wood work now players have come back, and some good footy is being played back out there again

Have seen a few, but a lot have moved away now, probably more chance of
seeing some of the old school in the finals, assuming we get there :)

Be good to see some of the old faces from yester year, Hope the club goes well this year, get themselves back on track, those saturday nights when the club was rocking were awesome
Lethal Dose
Under 16s

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League