No votes
Henley
6%
Adelaide Uni
2%

Total votes : 54

Re: SAAFL Division 7 2014

Postby Q. » Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:12 pm

It's recreational for most of us too bud. That's why we're both playing D7.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:53 am

If that C Grade Super league came in to fruition then Adelaide Uni would win 9/10 flags.
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 73 times
Been liked: 741 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:13 am

LaughingKookaburra wrote:If that C Grade Super league came in to fruition then Adelaide Uni would win 9/10 flags.

Why wont they win a whole flag?
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4346 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby Sass! » Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:52 am

LaughingKookaburra wrote:If that C Grade Super league came in to fruition then Adelaide Uni would win 9/10 flags.

Not sure i would agree with that, our boys played them on the weekend and said they were good but not out and out unbeatable and we had a somewhat depleted side as well (Not saying Uni's didnt). . so i think teams could match it with them and beat them on any given day.
Sass!
Under 16s

Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 47 times
Grassroots Team: Modbury

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:33 am

Come finals time when they have their full list available they are are pretty strong for a c grade. Most clubs have good years here and there but Uni's are consistently very strong. More often than not they would win the flag in my opinion.
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 73 times
Been liked: 741 times

Postby marbles » Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:49 am

Sass! what do think modburys views would be on participating in a cgrade super league

would it hav a positive or negetive effect on or third and forth sides?
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 276 times
Been liked: 259 times

Postby Sass! » Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:00 pm

marbles wrote:Sass! what do think modburys views would be on participating in a cgrade super league

would it hav a positive or negetive effect on or third and forth sides?

Very hard to say, i couldnt see it having too much of a negative affect.. i certainly think it would be easier for us to coax some of our older players back out that maybe arent up to playing A or B grade anymore. Not because they want to run around and get an easy game, but because to be competitive in Div 7 you really need to have a solid squad out training week in and week out working on fitness, structures and skills to be really competitive and a genuince chance at a finals appearance or a tilt at the flag. Guys that have stopped playing A's or B's usually want to have less of a training load and commit less time. also, the 25 to 27 minute quarters can be a bit of a shock to the system.. I played B's on the weekend and found it much easier to run out games playing the flat 22, essentially if we have been playing 27 minute quarters in Div 7 i am playing 20 extra minutes of footy a week compared tou our B grade..

Our club has a huge list of players due to a pretty positive culture more than anyting so i think we would retain numbers regardless of where we played at the moment,but when you are playing clubs who face similar issues to you in relation to being a third side, injuries from A's & B's pilfering ya best 21 and having 4-7 changes from a thursday selection a saturday start time, then its easier to be competitive. I think the issue we face is that when 3 guys have to go up to the B's each week, its usually your 3 best players.. where as if A grade sides get hit with injuries, it may be a fringe player, mid teir or similar, not necessarily ya best!
Sass!
Under 16s

Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 47 times
Grassroots Team: Modbury

Postby tomo » Sun Jun 08, 2014 5:26 pm

It should be a tough game for us against Modbury up at Houghton next week. Modbury's B grade has the bye and the A grade is playing Kilburn.
I would expect they will be at full strength!!!

What are the rules when it comes to selections for this game??? I would assume they will drop a few players down to their C grade???
tomo
Under 16s

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 14 times

Postby beef » Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:33 pm

tomo wrote:It should be a tough game for us against Modbury up at Houghton next week. Modbury's B grade has the bye and the A grade is playing Kilburn.

What are the rules when it comes to selections for this game??? I would assume they will drop a few players down to their C grade???

We have been in that situation already this year with our B grade having a bye and C grade still playing. We had to name a B grade team still, however a few fringe B/C graders got to play C grade.
beef
League - Best 21

Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 255 times

Postby old farmer » Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:55 am

beef wrote:
tomo wrote:It should be a tough game for us against Modbury up at Houghton next week. Modbury's B grade has the bye and the A grade is playing Kilburn.

We have been in that situation already this year with our B grade having a bye and C grade still playing. We had to name a B grade team still, however a few fringe B/C graders got to play C grade.

Oh god, don't start PG and Morrell off on this one again..... :lol:
Success is not final; failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts....
old farmer
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 112 times
Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

Postby morell » Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:48 pm

Settle down, PG was the one who went full potato, I just corrected him.
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1141 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby Yank Man » Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:28 pm

morell wrote:Settle down, PG was the one who went full potato, I just corrected him.

It is interesting though that 7 of that team who are genuine C4 players are now having to play Div 6. Little wonder we can't win games. :D
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 317 times
Grassroots Team: Edwardstown

Postby morell » Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:28 am

The majority of that side were genuine C4 players Yank Man. Except for probably Luke, Razor, Breynard and Parko. They were the only ones that didn't play C Grade again for the rest of year (although Luke played one more, against Ingle Farm :lol: :lol: )
morell
Coach

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:58 am

morell wrote:The majority of that side were genuine C4 players Yank Man. Except for probably Luke, Razor, Breynard and Parko. They were the only ones that didn't play C Grade again for the rest of year (although Luke played one more, against Ingle Farm :lol: :lol: )

Buddy.. not that I like to continue to go over the same crap, but stop embezzling.
5 players played in your A grade premiership the season before (McDonnell, Steele, Williams, Rayson, Parker)
10/25 of your side played half (9) or more games for the season in the C grade.
4 didn't play another game for the rest of the year in that team - Steele, Rayson, Williams, Breynard
Parker, Georges, Angeletti, McDonnell played one more game in that team for the rest of the season - McDonnell against Ingle Farm again
Littlely and yoursefl played 2 more games in that grade - you played twice v Ingle Farm
MP Rd 1.JPG
MP Rd 1.JPG (23.13 KiB) Viewed 978 times
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Has liked: 402 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:05 am

The proof in the difference in standard of your side Rd 1 v the rest of the season is clearly visable in the remainder of your season where you only managed to beat one genuine finals contender and that was Pulteney by 2 points early in the season before they began to fire, and culminating in your massive loss last round which opened the door for Ingle Farm to leap frog you into 5th spot the next day. 8) Cheers for that ;)
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Postby Yank Man » Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:02 pm

Phantom Gossiper wrote:The proof in the difference in standard of your side Rd 1 v the rest of the season is clearly visable in the remainder of your season where you only managed to beat one genuine finals contender and that was Pulteney by 2 points early in the season before they began to fire, and culminating in your massive loss last round which opened the door for Ingle Farm to leap frog you into 5th spot the next day. 8) Cheers for that ;)

Thought this was a Div 7 thread. :)
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 317 times
Grassroots Team: Edwardstown

Postby morell » Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:56 pm

The thing that you continue to not understand PG is that team, for that round, was our genuine C Grade side. If we had of named an A Grade and B Grade, the side would have been practically the same, bar perhaps Breynard who probably would have played B's.

The reason for that is - Steele, Parker, Rayson and I were incredibly unfit and had next to no preseason. Luke rocked up to play and hadn't had a single training. Williams hadn't trained once and hardly played for the rest of the year. So yes, there are some good footballers there, and same famous names (infamous?) but according to the coaches, they had simply not put in anywhere near the effort required to be selected in the A's or B's. We had a lot of depth and really good numbers on the track early on in 2013 and our early C Grade sides were a reflection of that depth.

Mods please move this to appropriate thread of you see fit.
morell
Coach

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:01 pm

Round 9:
North Pines vs Smithfield
Houghton Districts vs Modbury
Adelaide University vs SMOSH West Lakes
Wingfield Royals vs Sacred Heart OC

Thoughts? Are Wingfield any chance to break through for a win on the weekend?
The top 3 could well give themselves some further breathing space from the rest if they can register wins on the weekend.
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Postby Q. » Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:32 pm

Battle of the poos & wees at HDFC this week
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby heater31 » Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:37 pm

Q. wrote:Battle of the poos & wees at HDFC this week

So its the poos and wees v the violet crumbles then?
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League