No votes
Henley
6%
Adelaide Uni
2%

Total votes : 54

Re: SAAFL Division 7 2014

Postby tomo » Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:17 am

Henley D grade will finish top and the C grade a chance to play finals, not bad for 'struggling sides' that cant compete with finely tuned elite athletic div 7 Footballers!!!
tomo
Under 16s

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 14 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Barnyard08 » Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:27 am

Tomo there is a massive differnce between Div7 and Div7 res
Barnyard08
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 5 times
Grassroots Team: Henley

Postby tomo » Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:44 am

Barnyard08 wrote:Tomo there is a massive differnce between Div7 and Div7 res

There should be a massive difference between clubs C grade and D grade aswell!!!
tomo
Under 16s

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 14 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby marbles » Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:58 am

cgrade sides couldnt even run 2 laps

agrade sides could run about 6 or 7 minimum, well youd hope, if u was the agrade coach

yes skill wise in the cgrade is just as good as you scraggler div 7 agrade clubs, but our aerobic capacity will always be piss poor

thats the disadvantage tomo, nothing else, you guys are a higher specimen of footballer aerobically

make cgraders train with their agraders & theyll smash the lot of ya
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 275 times
Been liked: 258 times

Postby Q. » Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:18 am

Been outrun by plenty of C grade sides in the past, including Henley... Maybe your club standards have slipped.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Barnyard08 » Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:58 am

Q I don't think the club has slipped back the problem is having guys coming down from the higher grades that want to play C grade most of them think there tooo good to play c grade footy. Marbles there are plenty of guys in our team that can run pretty well so that not the problem. Getting them to train now that's a problem but I guess footy doesnt pay the bills so work and family come first
Barnyard08
Mini-League

Postby marbles » Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:02 am

Project Reno!!! Triple M begins work on Houghton changerooms!!

If sharks can firstly get to finals, then beat North Pines, look out uni & houghton :)
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby marbles » Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:05 am

Barnyard08 wrote:Q I don't think the club has slipped back the problem is having guys coming down from the higher grades that want to play C grade most of them think there tooo good to play c grade footy. Marbles there are plenty of guys in our team that can run pretty well so that not the problem. Getting them to train now that's a problem but I guess footy doesnt pay the bills so work and family come first

agree, but when houghton come out after half time & kick 6 goals in the 3rd quarter to none, that is an issue of aerobic capacity

u cant change my mind on that, and as you say getting our boys to train more would help this cause, and this is the case for all cgrade sides in the comps
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby Pag » Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:36 am

marbles wrote:
Barnyard08 wrote:Q I don't think the club has slipped back the problem is having guys coming down from the higher grades that want to play C grade most of them think there tooo good to play c grade footy. Marbles there are plenty of guys in our team that can run pretty well so that not the problem. Getting them to train now that's a problem but I guess footy doesnt pay the bills so work and family come first

agree, but when houghton come out after half time & kick 6 goals in the 3rd quarter to none, that is an issue of aerobic capacity

u cant change my mind on that, and as you say getting our boys to train more would help this cause, and this is the case for all cgrade sides in the comps

Mate that happens in A Grade v A Grade games, you can't use that as an excuse.

Someone just said Smithfield had something like 12 on the track, and their an A Grade side. How is it much different?
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 498 times

Postby marbles » Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:54 am

yeah 12 on the track when had a bye

if somebody hasnt got the capacity to acknowledge that cgraders training routines is vastly less than that of a agrade side who are the highest group of men representing that club then that somebody is a shit for brains
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby Pag » Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:06 pm

I can only speak from experience and say that their is a vast difference at our club between Div 3 and Div 8, however I wouldn't think the difference between a Div 7 club (A Grade) and a Div 7 club (C Grade) would be anywhere near as much.
Pag
Coach

Postby Barnyard08 » Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:24 pm

Pag we are pretty competetive we have been in all our games bar the smithfield game at half time and our 3rd qtrs are shocking we arent as far away as Marbles thinks we are if we can scrape into the finals and get a few players back from injury in our higher grades we will be pretty competetive in finals Smithfield are really the only team we have really been uncompetetive with.
Barnyard08
Mini-League

Postby marbles » Thu Aug 07, 2014 2:07 pm

Pag wrote:I can only speak from experience and say that their is a vast difference at our club between Div 3 and Div 8, however I wouldn't think the difference between a Div 7 club (A Grade) and a Div 7 club (C Grade) would be anywhere near as much.

hopefully next year some crazy shit will go down and Salisbury's cgrade will have to play smithfield & ingle farm too :)
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby Q. » Thu Aug 07, 2014 2:10 pm

marbles wrote:Project Reno!!! Triple M begins work on Houghton changerooms!!

If sharks can firstly get to finals, then beat North Pines, look out uni & houghton :)

Just popped in on the way to RAC, the boys from Brand1 Ceilings had just finished putting in the roof insulation and were just about to do the mount the ceilings.
Q.
Coach

Postby Pag » Thu Aug 07, 2014 2:28 pm

marbles wrote:
Pag wrote:I can only speak from experience and say that their is a vast difference at our club between Div 3 and Div 8, however I wouldn't think the difference between a Div 7 club (A Grade) and a Div 7 club (C Grade) would be anywhere near as much.

hopefully next year some crazy shit will go down and Salisbury's cgrade will have to play smithfield & ingle farm too :)
Mate, you've won flags in Div 7 before, we havent even made finals in Div 8. Long bow to draw.
Pag
Coach

Postby marbles » Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:28 pm

Pag wrote:
marbles wrote:

Mate, you've won flags in Div 7 before, we havent even made finals in Div 8. Long bow to draw.

as long as your club cgraders arent in the pools of inequality, then who cares about the others aye

whats more profitable to the league, a cgrader cant be bothered training league of 2 divisions or a unbalanced unappealling participation rate killing mixed div 7, i dont need anyones answers cos the question answers itself
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby marbles » Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:30 pm

Q. wrote:

Just popped in on the way to RAC, the boys from Brand1 Ceilings had just finished putting in the roof insulation and were just about to do the mount the ceilings.

yeah man i hear the triple m breakfast show will be held at houghton fc next friday week?
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby Pag » Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:37 pm

marbles wrote:
Pag wrote:
marbles wrote:

as long as your club cgraders arent in the pools of inequality, then who cares about the others aye

whats more profitable to the league, a cgrader cant be bothered training league of 2 divisions or a unbalanced unappealling participation rate killing mixed div 7, i dont need anyones answers cos the question answers itself

If we'd won Div 7 premierships and had been promoted to Div 6, then came back down to sit 5th, we wouldn't be whinging. Facts are, we are 2-12 in Div 8, have never made Div 8 finals. We wish we had the quality of depth that you seem to have.
Last edited by Pag on Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pag
Coach

Postby Q. » Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:39 pm

marbles wrote:
Q. wrote:

yeah man i hear the triple m breakfast show will be held at houghton fc next friday week?

Yep, I'm not sure they know what they're getting themselves in for... Could be a touch frosty at 6am.
Q.
Coach

Postby marbles » Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:12 pm

Pag wrote:
marbles wrote:
Pag wrote:
marbles wrote:

If we'd won Div 7 premierships and had been promoted to Div 6, then came back down to sit 5th, we wouldn't be whinging. Facts are, we are 2-12 in Div 8, have never made Div 8 finals. We wish we had the quality of depth that you seem to have.

your boys will have a great time in the new division 9, where clubs such as yourself can compete against each other and not face the degrading hope of winni g only 2 or 3 games a year

your club atmosphere will explode, your c & d grade will be on a happy level playing field, club revenue van only increase
marbles
Assistant Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League