6%
Adelaide Uni
2%

Total votes : 54

Re: SAAFL Division 7 2014

Postby marbles » Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:05 pm

supersonicgun wrote:
Q. wrote:
supersonicgun wrote:Maybe just worry about your own team Q north pines were well and truly robbed by 1 umpire in particular, 7 goals directly from free kicks from the centre bounce 25 and 50 MTR penalties handed out for asking what the free kick was for,and it wasn't rulebook but obviously a good friend seeing he was shaking his hand after the game,the umpires didn't even go in the north pines room before the game and introduce themselves .no violence what so ever towards the uni side,after the last send off for questioning a free kick Ricky oloughlin decided enough was enough and pulled the side from the field with dignaty and that's the truth

Why question umpire decisions, they're not going to reverse them and if anything, they'll give 25m penalties.

Nothing infuriates me more seeing my players give 25m penalties away because they want to have an argument with an umpire. There's only one person to blame in that situation and it isn't the ump.

That's the thing there was silence and still payed 25 and 50 MTR penalties get rid of the uni and college sides ,and have your district sides in there own comp

i have a better idea...
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 275 times
Been liked: 258 times

Postby Q. » Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:09 pm

The_Informer wrote:
Q. wrote:
The_Informer wrote:I find it a bit funny that after Houghton got beat today that the best thing they can think of doing is sitting in here taking pot shots at North Pines, try be a bit more professional

I find it funny that after you didn't play footy today you're taking potshots at us.

I'm not taking potshots, just reflecting on games previous and not being surprised now.

I played today mate and achieved something you didn't

A decent hair cut?
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby adr107 » Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:40 am

Another week another set of incidents from the same sets of people. Eh. Ahwell they're done now. Only 3 remain.

Looking forward to a ripper clash next Saturday v Uni. As some have said, we will worry about ourselves and the footy we still get to play. From the outside the score v Smithfield really didn't reflect the effort put in. Lots of positives and key points to come out of it. Would love to see what this team full strength on the big stage can take to the Panthers. One more crack at em hopefully...
adr107
Under 16s

Has liked: 305 times
Been liked: 83 times

Postby RaiDErNaTion » Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:49 am

The_Informer wrote:
Q. wrote:
The_Informer wrote:I find it a bit funny that after Houghton got beat today that the best thing they can think of doing is sitting in here taking pot shots at North Pines, try be a bit more professional

I find it funny that after you didn't play footy today you're taking potshots at us.

I'm not taking potshots, just reflecting on games previous and not being surprised now.

I played today mate and achieved something you didn't

Interesting comment seeing as both teams are playing a prelim this week....
Playing football with your feet is one thing, playing it with your heart is another.
RaiDErNaTion
Mini-League

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby Q. » Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:35 am

C4 thread that way >>>>>>>>>>
Q.
Coach

Postby DO IT DO IT » Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:21 pm

I have read a lot of comment over the last 6 months of the current state and future direction of div 7. C Grade only divs and bad behaviour etc, etc. Whilst it's nice for marbles to speak on SHOC's behalf they are often not aligned with our own opinions.
Firstly we are a long way away from having a D grade for next season so you should not be including us in your C grade super league calculations. As C1 or C2 seems to be our C grades destination next year. We could hardly fill a C grade this year.
Secondly it has nothing to do with the A graders v C graders debate that you put forward that we are struggling for numbers. We have won flags and been competitive in its current state and SHOC's do love the challenge of playing A grade sides. Yes we might retain of few more players if we were in an easier div. But it has more to do with the increase of the opposition dick head factor that has seen a decline in player numbers for SHOCs. We have a lot of blokes these days living the dream overseas or working interstate. More than before and we can't help that. But the dickhead factor has effected the interest in the train once a week, young family man and full time job player that cannot be bothered playing anymore that we could rely on in the past.
We can cop the floggings from Mitchell Park, Ingle Farm, Hougton, Smithfield 2014 as they play the game in the right spirits and respect the word amateur. We have given them out and now we are on the receiving end but that's ok. I have had beers after the game with all these clubs after some beltings and the blokes have been great. It has been the flogs from other clubs that has made our experience in div 7 disappointing and there total lack of any understanding of the word AMATEUR.
Some of the things that have happened in Div 7 over the last 2 years have been appalling for amateur football. Get rid of this and div 7 in its current state is fine. The quicker clubs stop making excuses and address their issues the better things will be for everyone. Look at Smithfield for example and you can see what can be done.
DO IT DO IT
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 7 times

Postby marbles » Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:40 pm

DO IT DO IT wrote:I have read a lot of comment over the last 6 months of the current state and future direction of div 7. C Grade only divs and bad behaviour etc, etc. Whilst it's nice for marbles to speak on SHOC's behalf they are often not aligned with our own opinions.
Firstly we are a long way away from having a D grade for next season so you should not be including us in your C grade super league calculations. As C1 or C2 seems to be our C grades destination next year. We could hardly fill a C grade this year.
Secondly it has nothing to do with the A graders v C graders debate that you put forward that we are struggling for numbers. We have won flags and been competitive in its current state and SHOC's do love the challenge of playing A grade sides. Yes we might retain of few more players if we were in an easier div. But it has more to do with the increase of the opposition dick head factor that has seen a decline in player numbers for SHOCs. We have a lot of blokes these days living the dream overseas or working interstate. More than before and we can't help that. But the dickhead factor has effected the interest in the train once a week, young family man and full time job player that cannot be bothered playing anymore that we could rely on in the past.
We can cop the floggings from Mitchell Park, Ingle Farm, Hougton, Smithfield 2014 as they play the game in the right spirits and respect the word amateur. We have given them out and now we are on the receiving end but that's ok. I have had beers after the game with all these clubs after some beltings and the blokes have been great. It has been the flogs from other clubs that has made our experience in div 7 disappointing and there total lack of any understanding of the word AMATEUR.
Some of the things that have happened in Div 7 over the last 2 years have been appalling for amateur football. Get rid of this and div 7 in its current state is fine. The quicker clubs stop making excuses and address their issues the better things will be for everyone. Look at Smithfield for example and you can see what can be done.

eww not good champ, that makes broadview, ttg, flinders parks, and now shocs in the last 18 months dropping their d-grade sides

(which are all clubs having their C grades playing agrades there, but hmm no clubs in div 8 are eroding like this, infact theyre all playing with 25 players per team these days) hmm geeze i wonder why? :shock:

good luck in C1 im sure your stocks will replenish with the dickhead factor gone

meanwhile are their any shoc cgraders you believe deserve a spot in the team of the year??
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby GHS#33 » Sun Aug 31, 2014 4:26 pm

Q. wrote:Any SMOSH or SHOC nominations? @Cohiba @GHS#33

Perhaps Matt Turner, although he didn't play a lot of games.
GHS#33

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby wristwatcher » Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:26 pm

Karma, last seen visiting Div 7.
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 844 times

Postby jo172 » Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:46 pm

wristwatcher wrote:Karma, last seen visiting Div 7.

I imagine most who have had the pleasure of playing North Pines in the last lustrum feel similarly
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1198 times
Been liked: 724 times

Postby marbles » Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:57 pm

why is there no mention of a club putting its agrade players in the agrade as well as the bgrade on the same day just to help its bgrade to get the win

is completely unfair - to me its blatant cheating

"oh we'll just play jay shultz in the port reserves too, just so our SANFL team can have a win too, he can play 2 games this week"
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby old farmer » Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:05 pm

marbles wrote:why is there no mention of a club putting its agrade players in the agrade as well as the bgrade on the same day just to help its bgrade to get the win

"oh we'll just play jay shultz in the port reserves too, just so our SANFL team can have a win too, he can play 2 games this week"

Think you'll find they have had guys play 2 grades a lot of the year to help fill both teams.....You're D grade a bit worried 8-[
Success is not final; failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts....
old farmer
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 112 times
Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

Postby Q. » Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:07 pm

It may not be very 'sporting', but it's not against the rules.

Or maybe Smithfield are just struggling to fill two sides, even during finals.
Q.
Coach

Postby marbles » Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:18 pm

Q. wrote:It may not be very 'sporting', but it's not against the rules.

ok this week goodwood are considering playing eric kells in the reserves as well as the agrade, bit short on numbers ya know

oh yeah ROCS too, commane's gonna play reserves & agrade too

(metaphorically speaking)
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby the milky bar kid » Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:26 pm

marbles wrote:
Q. wrote:It may not be very 'sporting', but it's not against the rules.

ok this week goodwood are considering playing eric kells in the reserves as well as the agrade, bit short on numbers ya know

oh yeah ROCS too, commane's gonna play reserves & agrade too

(metaphorically speaking)

If you're silly or desperate enough to risk an injury or significant fatigue to that player for the later game, than best of luck to you.
the milky bar kid
League - Best 21

Has liked: 119 times
Been liked: 238 times

Postby panthers » Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:42 pm

marbles wrote:why is there no mention of a club putting its agrade players in the agrade as well as the bgrade on the same day just to help its bgrade to get the win

Well Marbles its well documented that our under 18s stuffed up, about 4 weeks into the season we had 12 players not getting a run, since then it has been all down hill, long term injury's, people moving interstate and some just not wanting to play against "C" grade Superstars. Last Saturday we had 44 available players to fill 2 teams, it has been that way for quite a while.
At least we have only had players fill in, in the B Grade due to a shortage of people. And at 56 I would have played if needed but unfortunately I didn't play 4 games this year to qualify.
Changing the subject, thanks to the Houghton blokes - scores didn't reflect the game and always good to have a beer with ya's after the game.
Its More than a Game !!!
panthers
Rookie

Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 21 times
Grassroots Team: Smithfield

Postby marbles » Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:00 pm

panthers wrote:

Well Marbles its well documented that our under 18s stuffed up, about 4 weeks into the season we had 12 players not getting a run, since then it has been all down hill, long term injury's, people moving interstate and some just not wanting to play against "C" grade Superstars. Last Saturday we had 44 available players to fill 2 teams, it has been that way for quite a while.
At least we have only had players fill in, in the B Grade due to a shortage of people. And at 56 I would have played if needed but unfortunately I didn't play 4 games this year to qualify.
Changing the subject, thanks to the Houghton blokes - scores didn't reflect the game and always good to have a beer with ya's after the game.

yeah u gotta do what u gotta do

but when you see a player who has played 14 agrade games and kicked 40 goals playing in the last 4 bgrade matches as well as the agrade matches something becomes a little bit disturbing to me

i hope this week u realise that once a player plays in the higher div, throughout the major round, he is no by permitted to return back to the lower division

meaning once you play A's in the finals, by no way can you return to the bgrade

so the 3 agraders that played bgrade last week are no chance to play flinders park in the bgrade this week, and looks like you only got 19 players to choose from now
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby Yank Man » Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:29 pm

marbles wrote:
panthers wrote:

but when you see a player who has played 14 agrade games and kicked 40 goals playing in the last 4 bgrade matches as well as the agrade matches something becomes a little bit disturbing to me

i hope this week u realise that once a player plays in the higher div, throughout the major round, he is no by permitted to return back to the lower division

so the 3 agraders that played bgrade last week are no chance to play flinders park in the bgrade this week, and looks like you only got 19 players to choose from now

With A's and B's both still alive don't you get free interchange? :D
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 316 times
Grassroots Team: Edwardstown

Postby Q. » Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:38 pm

panthers wrote:Changing the subject, thanks to the Houghton blokes - scores didn't reflect the game and always good to have a beer with ya's after the game.

Appreciate the hospitality as always.
Q.
Coach

Postby Q. » Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:39 pm

Yank Man wrote:
marbles wrote:
panthers wrote:

With A's and B's both still alive don't you get free interchange? :D

Correct. Smithfield can play as many A-Graders this week as they so wish.
Q.
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League