Junior Football

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Junior Football

Postby locky801 » Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:31 pm

Over the last few seasons and even now in the SAAFL Div 2 thread there is alot of discussion about Junior Football within the State.

Instead of clogging up those forums perhaps we should post relevant discussions of Junior Football in here and leave the discussions of other
grades and leagues to what their topics are about
You cant change your past but you can sure hell shape you future
locky801
Coach

Has liked: 3645 times
Been liked: 1160 times

Re: Junior Football

Postby Mr Beefy » Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:24 pm

Ok well at last nights mwjfl AGM the outgoing committee all walked out as soon as their positions were spilled, seems a little unprofessional to me
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 404 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby EB53 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 4:02 pm

Mr Beefy wrote:Ok well at last nights mwjfl AGM the outgoing committee all walked out as soon as their positions were spilled, seems a little unprofessional to me

Has big Arnie imposed himself again?
EB53
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 7 times

Postby Mr Beefy » Wed Nov 20, 2013 4:45 pm

I believe he is back on board but not sure of his role. Flinders Pk moved to msjfl
Mr Beefy
Coach

Postby Look Good In Leather » Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:58 pm

Looking at their Annual Report, it seems there is a lot of unrest in Metro West:

Flinders Park:
The Flinders Park Junior Football Club, a founding member of the LEAGUE has now transferred to the Metro South Junior Football LEAGUE and will be participating in the MSJFL in 2014. We wish them all the best in the future. Unfortunately this now leaves the LEAGUE with ten (10) clubs.

Instability:
The MWJFL has been aware that some club representatives have been meeting privately with a view to replacing the current Executive. Whilst I commend clubs for keeping open dialogue with each other for support, it has been very destabilizing for the current LEAGUE executive and caused some division in the League. This action has derailed the Leagues planning and management and has interrupted a smooth transition from season 2013 to 2014. I feel the proper forum for complaints and issues should have been to come to the LEAGUE to be discussed and voted on, AND THEN let due process occur at the season AGM. Myself aside, I feel the current executive has worked tirelessly for the betterment of the competition and whilst we do not always agree on everything they clearly did not deserve this.

U16 JOINT MWJFL/MSJFL COMPETITION:
The MWJFL member clubs delegates in August overwhelmingly endorsed the joint U16 competition to continue in 2014. As a result of these meeting and unrest by the MWJFL clubs the MSJFL are now planning their fixtures for 2014 to NOT include the MWJFL U16 teams.
Unfortunately this joint U16 competition was strongly supported by MWJFL and MSJFL members in the recent SANFL Junior Football survey.
The MWJFL Executive is extremely disappointed that the U16 joint competition is not going to continue in 2014 and feel the competition will now suffer.

Vice Chairman’s Report
...It appears that the implementation of guidelines and change, contributed to rumblings from some clubs. This resulted in much unrest and I thank Flinders Park for providing people who were vocal, who made honest and educated comments and served the best interests of their own clubs. I would like to take this opportunity to thank Andrew Marshman from SMOSH WEST LAKES for attempting to bring the matter to a head and facilitating the meeting...

...With mixed emotions I feel that through no fault of my own, we have failed the clubs. This Executive have picked up the mantle - we have been open and honest and made decisions we believe to be in the best interest of the League. We made mistakes along the way but we also took ownership of those mistakes and have taken steps ensure that these mistakes won’t happen again...

Treasurer’s Report
...Since the end of the financial year all outstanding accounts for this Season have been paid excepting an account with North Haven Football Club (Insurance Reimbursement) for $310.00 which I have regularly followed up and still to the time of writing not received the payment...

Source: http://www.sportingpulse.com/get_file.cgi?id=2839578
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby lutz » Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:22 pm

Look Good In Leather wrote:Looking at their Annual Report, it seems there is a lot of unrest in Metro West:

Flinders Park:
The Flinders Park Junior Football Club, a founding member of the LEAGUE has now transferred to the Metro South Junior Football LEAGUE and will be participating in the MSJFL in 2014. We wish them all the best in the future. Unfortunately this now leaves the LEAGUE with ten (10) clubs.

Instability:
The MWJFL has been aware that some club representatives have been meeting privately with a view to replacing the current Executive. Whilst I commend clubs for keeping open dialogue with each other for support, it has been very destabilizing for the current LEAGUE executive and caused some division in the League. This action has derailed the Leagues planning and management and has interrupted a smooth transition from season 2013 to 2014. I feel the proper forum for complaints and issues should have been to come to the LEAGUE to be discussed and voted on, AND THEN let due process occur at the season AGM. Myself aside, I feel the current executive has worked tirelessly for the betterment of the competition and whilst we do not always agree on everything they clearly did not deserve this.

The MWJFL member clubs delegates in August overwhelmingly endorsed the joint U16 competition to continue in 2014. As a result of these meeting and unrest by the MWJFL clubs the MSJFL are now planning their fixtures for 2014 to NOT include the MWJFL U16 teams.
Unfortunately this joint U16 competition was strongly supported by MWJFL and MSJFL members in the recent SANFL Junior Football survey.
The MWJFL Executive is extremely disappointed that the U16 joint competition is not going to continue in 2014 and feel the competition will now suffer.

Vice Chairman’s Report
...It appears that the implementation of guidelines and change, contributed to rumblings from some clubs. This resulted in much unrest and I thank Flinders Park for providing people who were vocal, who made honest and educated comments and served the best interests of their own clubs. I would like to take this opportunity to thank Andrew Marshman from SMOSH WEST LAKES for attempting to bring the matter to a head and facilitating the meeting...

...With mixed emotions I feel that through no fault of my own, we have failed the clubs. This Executive have picked up the mantle - we have been open and honest and made decisions we believe to be in the best interest of the League. We made mistakes along the way but we also took ownership of those mistakes and have taken steps ensure that these mistakes won’t happen again...

Treasurer’s Report
...Since the end of the financial year all outstanding accounts for this Season have been paid excepting an account with North Haven Football Club (Insurance Reimbursement) for $310.00 which I have regularly followed up and still to the time of writing not received the payment...

Does anyone know what mistakes they are referring to? Also, what led (if it wasn't these mistakes) to club reps meeting privately?
lutz
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 16 times

Postby locky801 » Sun Nov 24, 2013 5:24 pm

^^ Am sure someone does but if they are prepared to share it here maybe another thing, lets hope the move made is for the betterment of the Club and footy in general
locky801
Coach

Postby bar20 » Sun Nov 24, 2013 5:59 pm

Up until 3 months ago I knew very little about junior football but have since enqured and spoken extensively to people from both the junior leagues and the SAAFL to be more and better informed. Originally I thought that the 3 junior leagues were in the best position to run their own leagues. Since then I have swung 180 degrees in my thinking and believe the SAAFL are clearly in the best position to run all 3 junior leagues. The junior leagues seem in complete and utter disarray and in a shambles. The SAAFL however did a terrible job in selling it to the clubs last time but with a better marketing plan to the clubs you would think they would win the vote easily next time.

Someone like a Mark King from the SAAFL seems extremely learnered on all matter to do with junior football and would be a sensational person with his vast knowledge on junior football to look after the junior programme. Probably no better co-ordinator for the junior programme.
bar20
Under 16s

Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Flinders Park

Postby Homer J » Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:57 pm

bar20 wrote:Up until 3 months ago I knew very little about junior football .

And still don't if you believe that crap.

MWJFL & MSJFL look like they might be in a bit of strife, but NEMJFL is very well run and its member clubs already rejected the "Amateur" League last year.

Junior Sport is best run by Junior people.
Homer J
Rookie

Been liked: 43 times

Postby bar20 » Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:22 pm

Homer J wrote:

MWJFL & MSJFL look like they might be in a bit of strife, but NEMJFL is very well run and its member clubs already rejected the "Amateur" League last year.

Agreed with you until recently. I have no vested interest as I suspect you do. The SAAFL has it problems for sure but they pale into insignicance from what I have seen and heard and learnt about all 3 junior associations. All of them are run like an absolute dogs breakfast without exception with massive administration costs. If under the one SAAFL banner I would expect a $70,000 saving just on administration between the 3 leagues
bar20
Under 16s

Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Flinders Park

Postby Look Good In Leather » Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:31 am

Homer J wrote:Junior Sport is best run by Junior people.

??

Kids running football - good one
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Postby Mr Beefy » Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:59 am

lutz wrote:
Look Good In Leather wrote:Looking at their Annual Report, it seems there is a lot of unrest in Metro West:

Flinders Park:

Instability:

Vice Chairman’s Report

Treasurer’s Report

Does anyone know what mistakes they are referring to? Also, what led (if it wasn't these mistakes) to club reps meeting privately?

A look at the fixture will highlight the biggest issue. It appears the MSJFL did the scheduling with no regard to MWJFL teams.
The committee tried to implement a lot of policy changes, while I dont think anyone thinks they were not needed, the policies were attempted to be taken as the rules prior to even being voted on. A lot of it was due to the timing, for example, the season had started and they wanted to to introduce the re-grading policy.
In regard to the U16s this quote says it all " MSJFL are now planning their fixtures for 2014 to NOT include the MWJFL U16 teams." If I'm not mistaken, the MSJFL joined the MWJFL .
Mr Beefy
Coach

Postby the joker » Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:27 pm

bar20 wrote:
Homer J wrote:

Agreed with you until recently. I have no vested interest as I suspect you do. The SAAFL has it problems for sure but they pale into insignicance from what I have seen and heard and learnt about all 3 junior associations. All of them are run like an absolute dogs breakfast without exception with massive administration costs. If under the one SAAFL banner I would expect a $70,000 saving just on administration between the 3 leagues
you have no idea mate. I can't speak for MWJFA or MSJFA. But the NEMJFA is run very well. The people who run the comp put in a lot of time and effort off their own back, for nothing just because they love to help kids.
Next time you say all three comps are run like dogs breakfast, get some facts because you have hot zero idea about it
I love vegatarian food. It goes great with steak.
the joker
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 58 times

Postby Bluedemon » Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:45 pm

Homer J wrote:

Metro South is very well run. Metro West is a league that is in strife, i heard that there was more than just Flinders Park who wanted to leave Metro West.
SAFooty.net, where you hear the community football news first
Bluedemon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 83 times
Been liked: 96 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Look Good In Leather » Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:21 pm

Bluedemon wrote:
Homer J wrote:

Metro South is very well run. Metro West is a league that is in strife, i heard that there was more than just Flinders Park who wanted to leave Metro West.

The reality is that all these competitions are being destroyed by school football.
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Postby heater31 » Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:46 am

Look Good In Leather wrote:
Bluedemon wrote:
Homer J wrote:

The reality is that all these competitions are being destroyed by school football.

Well said.
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1259 times

Postby locky801 » Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:14 pm

The NEMJFA run a very strong competition and is pretty well managed and has been for a number of years.

You always will have certain problems with such a large body but most issues are out in the open, discussed and resolved very quickly

I cant speak for the other 2 Junior Leagues as I have had no involvement with them.

Still not sure the SAAFL Junior Comp is the way to go however in todays climate one must look at all options
locky801
Coach

Postby Dols » Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:45 pm

I am hearing that parents aren't too happy with Flinders Parks move to the south. Seems when voted for they thought that the two leagues were merging and not just flinders park leaving. Seems Flinders Park are going to lose a lot of players to neighboring metro west clubs.
Dols
Reserves

Has liked: 332 times
Been liked: 51 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby sprinttospace » Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:55 pm

Dols wrote:I am hearing that parents aren't too happy with Flinders Parks move to the south. Seems when voted for they thought that the two leagues were merging and not just flinders park leaving. Seems Flinders Park are going to lose a lot of players to neighboring metro west clubs.

There was no mention of the two leagues merging in any of the information distributed to flinders park junior stakeholders about the proposed move from mwjfl to msjfl. It was a very open and transparent process with a significant amount of background research and information distributed.
sprinttospace

Postby Dols » Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:56 pm

Only repeating what I am hearing. Will just have to wait and see how many you lose.
Dols
Reserves

Has liked: 332 times
Been liked: 51 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Next

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League