SACA apply to CA

First Class Cricket Talk (International and State)

SACA apply to CA

Postby carey » Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:19 pm

I'm lead to believe that the SACA have officially today applied to CA to have the Sheild final brought forward by 4 days should the Backs have the right to host as to avoid a clash with the Stones concert.

Will be an interesting outcome. I guess it will come down to programming of the final round of matches and who's in it.

I just hope we're not getting ahead of ourselves just yet a looooooooong way to go.
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2796 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Re: SACA apply to CA

Postby RustyCage » Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:31 pm

Hmm, interseting.

The final round of the season is March 11-14, and the final is scheduled for March 21-25, so there isn't much time to play with
I'm gonna break my rusty cage and run
RustyCage

Has liked: 1260 times
Been liked: 933 times

Postby locky801 » Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:40 pm

Send the Stones to Footy Park, makes a lot more sense, not as though it's being used
You cant change your past but you can sure hell shape you future
locky801
Coach

Has liked: 3645 times
Been liked: 1160 times

Postby Jim05 » Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:42 pm

Getting a bit far ahead of ourselves, still a long way to go yet, remember we went into the final round of the year with a chance to host the final and ended up collecting the spoon.
If we can get some points in Sydney next up ill be a little more confident
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Aerie » Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:43 pm

Jim05 wrote:Getting a bit far ahead of ourselves, still a long way to go yet, remember we went into the final round of the year with a chance to host the final and ended up collecting the spoon.

What are you suggesting? They wait until early March to bring the topic up with CA?

It would be a travesty to have the Redbacks earn the right to host the Shield Final and not be able to play at Adelaide Oval. Particularly with the ground being 100% finished and the footy season already programmed to allow the Shield Final to take place at Adelaide Oval.

Whoever decided Adelaide needed to have the Stones play a concert on that weekend at Adelaide Oval should have sorted all this out before hand.
Aerie
Coach

Has liked: 147 times
Been liked: 503 times

Postby Jim05 » Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:47 pm

Aerie wrote:
Jim05 wrote:Getting a bit far ahead of ourselves, still a long way to go yet, remember we went into the final round of the year with a chance to host the final and ended up collecting the spoon.

What are you suggesting? They wait until early March to bring the topic up with CA?

It would be a travesty to have the Redbacks earn the right to host the Shield Final and not be able to play at Adelaide Oval. Particularly with the ground being 100% finished and the footy season already programmed to allow the Shield Final to take place at Adelaide Oval.

Whoever decided Adelaide needed to have the Stones play a concert on that weekend at Adelaide Oval should have sorted all this out before hand.

I agree about the oval being hired out at that date, absolute disgrace. Bet they would never contemplate booking it out at AFL finals time, god forbid the precious Cows couldnt play there. SACA needs to show some balls and stand up for themselves
Jim05
Coach

Postby Dutchy » Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:48 pm

Blame those that voted YES...disgrace
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby RustyCage » Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:19 am

Dutchy wrote:Blame those that voted YES...disgrace

Blame the person who booked the Stones to play that night, no one else, the redevelopment had nothing to do with that persons incompetence
RustyCage

Postby heater31 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:08 am

RustyCage wrote:

Blame the person who booked the Stones to play that night, no one else, the redevelopment had nothing to do with that persons incompetence

But if the brain washed sheep voted no then some peanut in Events SA did not have to ask the Stones to play at Adelaide oval.

Here I was thinking it would take a year or two for the fights to use the oval yet it is not even finished and it has begun.....
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1259 times

Postby RustyCage » Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:49 am

heater31 wrote:
RustyCage wrote:

But if the brain washed sheep voted no then some peanut in Events SA did not have to ask the Stones to play at Adelaide oval.

Here I was thinking it would take a year or two for the fights to use the oval yet it is not even finished and it has begun.....

Lucky we have a redeveloped oval or the big names such as Foo Fighters, ACDC, Fleetwood Mac, Michael Jackson would never play be able to play at the Adelaide Oval!

The people voting yes aren't to blame, the people who booked the Stones to play that night are.
RustyCage

Postby mal » Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:10 am

Good move to bring out the Strolling Bones
They are musical gurus
Just a pity about the timing
If SA do host a SS final , we might have to sack Chuck !
mal
Coach

Has liked: 1138 times
Been liked: 892 times

Postby Booney » Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:37 pm

RustyCage wrote:
heater31 wrote:
RustyCage wrote:

Lucky we have a redeveloped oval or the big names such as Foo Fighters, ACDC, Fleetwood Mac, Michael Jackson would never play be able to play at the Adelaide Oval!

The people voting yes aren't to blame, the people who booked the Stones to play that night are.

If Michael Jackson plays Adelaide Oval, I'm there!

And you're right, it isn't the fault of the redevelopment, it's simply another case of Events SA / SA Government screwing things up.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Rik E Boy » Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:59 pm

I'm sure the SCG will be available for whoever we play.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1697 times
Been liked: 1813 times

Postby stan » Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:02 pm

carey wrote:I'm lead to believe that the SACA have officially today applied to CA to have the Sheild final brought forward by 4 days should the Backs have the right to host as to avoid a clash with the Stones concert.

Will be an interesting outcome. I guess it will come down to programming of the final round of matches and who's in it.

I just hope we're not getting ahead of ourselves just yet a looooooooong way to go.

Not that we are getting ahead of ourselves, but I think its a just incase scenario created by our state government to point out how awesome Adelaide Oval will be.......around election time........

We should be doing whats required just in case. There is a long way to go in the season, but we dont want to end up having to use Glenelg when some simple paper work would have allowed us to us AO if we were good enough at the end of the season to host the final of course.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby the joker » Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:54 pm

Really let's face it. There will be a maximum of 5000 people a day at the shield final. And having 5000 crammed in to a small stadium will be a better atmosphere then 5000 scattered over a 50,000 stadium anyway.
I love vegatarian food. It goes great with steak.
the joker
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 58 times

Postby RustyCage » Tue Dec 03, 2013 5:18 pm

There was just under 8k for the first day at the new Adelaide Oval. For the final there will be 10k there easily on the weekend
RustyCage

Postby scoob » Tue Dec 03, 2013 5:29 pm

schedule it for the last day - then the redback fans can join in on "I cant get no satisfaction"!!!
scoob
Veteran

Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 87 times

Postby Jim05 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:06 pm

the joker wrote:Really let's face it. There will be a maximum of 5000 people a day at the shield final. And having 5000 crammed in to a small stadium will be a better atmosphere then 5000 scattered over a 50,000 stadium anyway.

Thats not the point, it is the home of cricket in this state and the home of the Redbacks, shouldnt matter how many people attend
Jim05
Coach

Postby Grahaml » Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:39 pm

Odd it even got this far with question marks. Surely due diligence when sorting out the Rolling Stones concert is having some sort of plan if the Redbacks make the shield final. Obviously the state government in their desperation for some good news signed the deal and made the announcement and decided to worry about repercussions later. Or I could get cynical and think Jay would rather we talk about poor timing than sex abuse in schools between now and March.

Have to say though that the SACA are if anything too slow. The day the announcement of the booking was made they should have been on this.
Grahaml
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 169 times

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:02 am

You would get a lot more than 5000 there every day considering we haven't been there in so long.
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 738 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Next

Board index   Other Sports  Cricket