The Magpies Are Now The AFL Power Reserves

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: The Magpies Are Now The AFL Power Reserves

Postby The Sleeping Giant » Sat Jan 25, 2014 2:46 pm

Mr Beefy wrote:Everyone knows that, what point are you making?

Everyone but your mate.
Cannabis is safer than alcohol
The Sleeping Giant
Coach

Has liked: 69 times
Been liked: 193 times

Postby the milky bar kid » Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:16 pm

Panther Pack wrote:
Mr Beefy wrote:
Panther Pack wrote:Okay here's a scenario Ken Hinkley is selecting his team for round 1 but doesn't select Jasper Pittard to play in the league team, ken says to Jasper you will be playing in the reserves team this week.

So the question is which team will Jasper be playing in?
who gives a rat, he could say "you're playing for the magpies" or "you're playing in the SANFL". All that matters is he is not playing in the main game, same as anyone not picked for their clubs A grade

Exactly playing in reserves, seconds, b grade but not the league team!

Wait, so theoretically, if I was at Norwood & I didn't get selected for the reserves & had to play in the SAAFL at say Broadview. I wouldn't actually be playing for Broadviews A grade, I'd be playing for Norwoods Cs?
the milky bar kid
League - Best 21

Has liked: 119 times
Been liked: 238 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby whufc » Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:26 pm

the milky bar kid wrote:
Panther Pack wrote:
Mr Beefy wrote:
Panther Pack wrote:Okay here's a scenario Ken Hinkley is selecting his team for round 1 but doesn't select Jasper Pittard to play in the league team, ken says to Jasper you will be playing in the reserves team this week.

who gives a rat, he could say "you're playing for the magpies" or "you're playing in the SANFL". All that matters is he is not playing in the main game, same as anyone not picked for their clubs A grade

Wait, so theoretically, if I was at Norwood & I didn't get selected for the reserves & had to play in the SAAFL at say Broadview. I wouldn't actually be playing for Broadviews A grade, I'd be playing for Norwoods Cs?

Completely different Norwood and Broadview are not 'one club'
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby johntheclaret » Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:33 pm

the milky bar kid wrote:
Panther Pack wrote:
Mr Beefy wrote:

Not the same. But to use the same analogy, theoretically if you were at Norwood and you didn't make the league team then you would play in the reserves, which is exactly what would happen if you, theoretically, played for Port Power.

I don't understand why it is so difficult for you Port fellas to grasp. For Christ sake, call them what you want but they are the Power Reserves.
You can put a dog in a stable, but it's still a dog
johntheclaret
Coach

Has liked: 409 times
Been liked: 580 times

Postby beenreal » Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:57 am

So the likes of Summerton, Slattery, Raikiwasa, etc. each with 100 League games under their belt (or close to it) are now classified as Reserves Players?

Ben Newton, who played for the same SANFL club last year against the same opposing clubs was classified as playing League Football, but now is classified as playing Reserves football?

Thanks but per our CEO, Keith Thomas, I'll call the Magpies what the Port Adelaide Football Club officially calls them, "our SANFL side".

You can feel free to call them whatever floats your collective boats, most likely, " The Winners". 8)
PORT ADELAIDE FOOTBALL CLUB
Serving the community since 1870
Developing footballers for 143 years
Proud of the Past, Confident of the Future
beenreal
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 11 times
Grassroots Team: Seaton Ramblers

Postby Wedgie » Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:13 am

Wasn't sure if that was a troll post or not until I got to the last line which made it obvious! Good one Beeny! ;)
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2020 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby beenreal » Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:50 am

Wedgie wrote:Wasn't sure if that was a troll post or not until I got to the last line which made it obvious! Good one Beeny! ;)

Yes Wedgie, as a Port Adelaide supporter posting in a Port Adelaide Thread, it is obviously not a Troll post.
beenreal
League Bench Warmer

Postby areaman » Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:27 am

beenreal wrote:Thanks but per our CEO, Keith Thomas, I'll call the Magpies what the Port Adelaide Football Club officially calls them, "our SANFL side".

It's lucky you get a regular update from Keith Thomas telling you what to think and what your latest opinions are.

Imagine actually having to think for yourself and forming your own views......
areaman
Under 16s

Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 31 times

Postby beenreal » Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:33 am

areaman wrote:
beenreal wrote:Thanks but per our CEO, Keith Thomas, I'll call the Magpies what the Port Adelaide Football Club officially calls them, "our SANFL side".

It's lucky you get a regular update from Keith Thomas telling you what to think and what your latest opinions are.

Imagine actually having to think for yourself and forming your own views......

I know, it's like being told you support "the team for all South Australians", and actually believing it.

8)
beenreal
League Bench Warmer

Postby johntheclaret » Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:51 am

beenreal wrote:So the likes of Summerton, Slattery, Raikiwasa, etc. each with 100 League games under their belt (or close to it) are now classified as Reserves Players?

Ben Newton, who played for the same SANFL club last year against the same opposing clubs was classified as playing League Football, but now is classified as playing Reserves football?

Thanks but per our CEO, Keith Thomas, I'll call the Magpies what the Port Adelaide Football Club officially calls them, "our SANFL side".

You can feel free to call them whatever floats your collective boats, most likely, " The Winners". 8)

Well yes they are reserve players now, as one would assume if they were good enough and there was a place that came available due to injury or form, then they would get called up to the 1st team, just like other players in the reserve team, and the team that would be doing the calling up would be........

Give us a P
Give us an O
Give us a W
Give us an E
Give us an R

And what do you get.............

MAGPIES ;)
johntheclaret
Coach

Postby whufc » Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:58 am

beenreal wrote:So the likes of Summerton, Slattery, Raikiwasa, etc. each with 100 League games under their belt (or close to it) are now classified as Reserves Players?

Ummm yeah they are reserve players

At their club they play in their 'one clubs' reserves side therefore making them reserves players

Almost to sensible isn't it
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby StrayDog » Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:15 pm

beenreal wrote:

Sage advice from an old Port tug. ;)
StrayDog
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 1132 times
Been liked: 192 times

Postby Apachebulldog » Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:21 pm

Look Keith Thomas can call them anything he likes e,g, their SANFL side, the Magpies, the Wharfies, the Tuggers, Power rejects but it still all comes down to the fact that the side will be predominately manned by players who do not make the AFL team every week.

We know this will be a fact so in reality it is Power Reserves side simple i think !!!!!!
SANFL 2000 - 2011 Central District 12 consecutive Grand Final appearances and 9 Premierships.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFFFFFFFFFF.

Hit em hard let them get up and hit em again.
Apachebulldog
League - Best 21

Has liked: 381 times
Been liked: 115 times

Postby Booney » Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:45 pm

Surely, Apache, you're getting sick of going round-and-round-and-round in circles?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby am Bays » Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:54 pm

Booney wrote:Surely, Apache, you're getting sick of going round-and-round-and-round in circles?

He's just trying to catch his tail.....
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1804 times

Postby Apachebulldog » Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:00 pm

Nearly caught it butta a summa people no understandy !!!
SANFL 2000 - 2011 Central District 12 consecutive Grand Final appearances and 9 Premierships.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFFFFFFFFFF.

Hit em hard let them get up and hit em again.
Apachebulldog
League - Best 21

Has liked: 381 times
Been liked: 115 times

Postby kickinit » Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:07 pm

Apachebulldog wrote:Look Keith Thomas can call them anything he likes e,g, their SANFL side, the Magpies, the Wharfies, the Tuggers, Power rejects but it still all comes down to the fact that the side will be predominately manned by players who do not make the AFL team every week.

We know this will be a fact so in reality it is Power Reserves side simple i think !!!!!!

So if they are a "reserves side" then wouldn't that make the competition they play in a reserves competition then? Just remember you can't have your cake and eat it too.
We're on this journey together, One Heart, One Club and they will Never Ever Tear Us Apart.
kickinit
League - Top 5

Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 95 times

Postby topsywaldron » Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:33 pm

kickinit wrote:So if they are a "reserves side" then wouldn't that make the competition they play in a reserves competition then?

Got it in one.

First ever post of yours that's shown a clue.
'People are not stupid. They know when they are being conned. And two reserves teams operating in a League competition will reduce it to a farce, a competition without a soul.'

Dion Hayman 24th July 2013
topsywaldron
Veteran

Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 218 times

Postby johntheclaret » Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:36 pm

kickinit wrote:
Apachebulldog wrote:Look Keith Thomas can call them anything he likes e,g, their SANFL side, the Magpies, the Wharfies, the Tuggers, Power rejects but it still all comes down to the fact that the side will be predominately manned by players who do not make the AFL team every week.

So if they are a "reserves side" then wouldn't that make the competition they play in a reserves competition then? Just remember you can't have your cake and eat it too.

Unfortunately yes :oops:
johntheclaret
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:21 pm

kickinit wrote:

Derp, that's been the point made for the last 6 months plus! :roll:
Looks like Apaches tail chasing wasn't in vain after all!
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2020 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL