The Magpies Are Now The AFL Power Reserves

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: The Magpies Are Now The AFL Power Reserves

Postby Wedgie » Sat Feb 01, 2014 9:53 pm

kickinit wrote:
The Sleeping Giant wrote:9 months? That's hilarious. Any other trustworthy club would have taken them a week.

taken them a week when their putting in millions of dollars. Looks like someone has been smoking a little too much.

Any chance you can send some millions back to the people who bankrolled your charity for the last 17 years?
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2020 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby kickinit » Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:28 pm

Wedgie wrote:
kickinit wrote:
The Sleeping Giant wrote:9 months? That's hilarious. Any other trustworthy club would have taken them a week.

taken them a week when their putting in millions of dollars. Looks like someone has been smoking a little too much.

Any chance you can send some millions back to the people who bankrolled your charity for the last 17 years?

bankrolled for 17 years? you wouldn't be like some others on here wedgie and making stuff up now would you?
We're on this journey together, One Heart, One Club and they will Never Ever Tear Us Apart.
kickinit
League - Top 5

Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 95 times

Postby Wedgie » Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:01 pm

kickinit wrote:
Wedgie wrote:
kickinit wrote:

bankrolled for 17 years? you wouldn't be like some others on here wedgie and making stuff up now would you?

Earth to kickinit, earth to kickinit, are you with us?
Houston, we have a problem!
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby tigerpie » Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:52 am

Wedgie he's on a different frequency, you'll never reach him.
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 498 times
Been liked: 429 times

Postby kickinit » Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:43 am

Wedgie wrote:Earth to kickinit, earth to kickinit, are you with us?

wow you really are like whufc and apache, making up statements without the evidence to back it up. I be the first to admit that i'm not one to read through football club financial reports. But to say we have been bankrolled for 17 years is a pretty big statement. So I ask you to post the evidence of this to back up your statement. It will be very interesting to read.
We're on this journey together, One Heart, One Club and they will Never Ever Tear Us Apart.
kickinit
League - Top 5

Postby twosheds » Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:55 am

beenreal wrote:
whufc wrote:
Pseudo wrote:
kickinit wrote:But Port Adelaide magpies still have players that will play in that league comp that aren't AFL listed players. So you know saying that they aren't a reserve side. They difference between the 2 is the amount of AFL listed players. Is there a special number which makes you a reserve side?

Yes. The number is "all".

Will "all" of Port Power's players line up in the Magpies if they are not listed in the AFL team (excluding injuries, etc)?

Yes?

Magpies = Port Power's reserves.

Yep!!

I happen to be pretty close mates with game day analasyt for the Power, sits on Hinkleys left shoulder in the box lol and he wil tell to you that Hinkley and co including Hocking see the Magpies as 100% reserves side and will be used accordingly.

Funnily enough most of the power coaching staff and game day coaching team are non south australians or non port people and don't even recognise the Magpies as having the old history as they believe it went with the Power

There is ONLY reason Energy Australia are sponsoring the whole club. They spent 9 months investigating whether the community commitment from the PAFC was lip service or genuine.

Suffice to say, the result is they are sponsoring the Magpies as well.

Don't know if you really want to get too excited about "Energy Australia" ( if that's what they are called currently) sponsoring you.
Get your own Arts Show ya fairy !
twosheds
Under 16s

Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 18 times

Postby Wedgie » Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:52 am

kickinit wrote:

wow you really are like whufc and apache, making up statements without the evidence to back it up. I be the first to admit that i'm not one to read through football club financial reports. But to say we have been bankrolled for 17 years is a pretty big statement. So I ask you to post the evidence of this to back up your statement. It will be very interesting to read.

It's like you're from another planet.
You're actually not aware of the millions and millions the SANFL has pumped into the Power?
I honestly doubt you've ever been sent an annual report let alone read it.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby Apachebulldog » Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:01 am

Hey people save ya breath why bother this guy has fallen out of a Magpies nest and susutained a permanent injury !!!!
SANFL 2000 - 2011 Central District 12 consecutive Grand Final appearances and 9 Premierships.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFFFFFFFFFF.

Hit em hard let them get up and hit em again.
Apachebulldog
League - Best 21

Has liked: 381 times
Been liked: 115 times

Postby kickinit » Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:42 am

Wedgie wrote:
kickinit wrote:

It's like you're from another planet.
You're actually not aware of the millions and millions the SANFL has pumped into the Power?
I honestly doubt you've ever been sent an annual report let alone read it.

Never said we hadn't had money given to us from the SANFL. I was purely going on the statement that we have had for 17 years. As far as I'm aware we have not been given millions of dollars every year for 17 years.
kickinit
League - Top 5

Postby kickinit » Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:44 am

Apachebulldog wrote:Hey people save ya breath why bother this guy has fallen out of a Magpies nest and susutained a permanent injury !!!!

coming from a guy that post article that has nothing do with what he's saying. You still crying over Central's never winning a league flag?
kickinit
League - Top 5

Postby Apachebulldog » Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:07 pm

Kicky Wicky Woo you very funny boy LOL.
SANFL 2000 - 2011 Central District 12 consecutive Grand Final appearances and 9 Premierships.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFFFFFFFFFF.

Hit em hard let them get up and hit em again.
Apachebulldog
League - Best 21

Has liked: 381 times
Been liked: 115 times

Postby areaman » Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:15 pm

kickinit wrote:
Wedgie wrote:
kickinit wrote:

You must have missed (or conveniently ignored) my earlier post in this thread. I'll repeat a simple fact. PAFC have received grants of $19m over the past 5 years.

I am not making this up. Figures taken direct from the PAFC Financial Statements.

I wish the AFL and SANFL had given my club $19m over the past 5 years.
areaman
Under 16s

Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 31 times

Postby kickinit » Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:03 pm

areaman wrote:You must have missed (or conveniently ignored) my earlier post in this thread. I'll repeat a simple fact. PAFC have received grants of $19m over the past 5 years.

I am not making this up. Figures taken direct from the PAFC Financial Statements.

I wish the AFL and SANFL had given my club $19m over the past 5 years.

maybe you should read my post 3 post up, were I say I know we have received money. What i'm disputing is wedgie comment about receiving them for 17 years.
kickinit
League - Top 5

Postby am Bays » Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:24 pm

The thread that keeps on giving!!!

Not sure if it is in the class of the "Running Sheet thread", "the Norwood, West Salary cap thread" any of the "Gowans' are thugs threads" (in particular the one after the 2007 GF) and the grand-daddy of this thread No AFL Reserves in the SANFL thread" but just when you think it is dead off it goes again.

Keep it up lads I'm sure you can keep the Mb flowing!!
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1804 times

Postby topsywaldron » Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:35 pm

twosheds wrote:Don't know if you really want to get too excited about "Energy Australia" ( if that's what they are called currently) sponsoring you.

Another myATM on the cards? :D

Let's hope.
'People are not stupid. They know when they are being conned. And two reserves teams operating in a League competition will reduce it to a farce, a competition without a soul.'

Dion Hayman 24th July 2013
topsywaldron
Veteran

Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 218 times

Postby Brodlach » Sun Feb 02, 2014 4:08 pm

am Bays wrote:The thread that keeps on giving!!!

Not sure if it is in the class of the "Running Sheet thread", "the Norwood, West Salary cap thread" any of the "Gowans' are thugs threads" (in particular the one after the 2007 GF) and the grand-daddy of this thread No AFL Reserves in the SANFL thread" but just when you think it is dead off it goes again.

Keep it up lads I'm sure you can keep the Mb flowing!!

Don't forget the classic, ............. Is imploding threads after two loses in a row
Last edited by Brodlach on Sun Feb 02, 2014 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4206 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby dedja » Sun Feb 02, 2014 4:33 pm

How can you forget the Duromine thread ...
It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt
dedja
Coach

Has liked: 157 times
Been liked: 972 times

Postby Brodlach » Sun Feb 02, 2014 4:41 pm

Aaahhh the Duromine thread, brilliant. How about the Simon Phillips is a thug threads
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4206 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Panther Pack » Sun Feb 02, 2014 5:04 pm

Or how about the Magpies are now the Power Reserves thread........ oh wait.............

How long before they are officially called the Power in the SANFL????
Panther Pack
Reserves

Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 137 times

Postby Psyber » Sun Feb 02, 2014 6:06 pm

Panther Pack wrote:Or how about the Magpies are now the Power Reserves thread........ oh wait.............

How long before they are officially called the Power in the SANFL????

The kids who go to watch them play will be calling them the Power during this season.
The "Magpies" name may officially drag on a year or two, but the Eddie and the AFL want it gone from the SAAFL of the future.
EPIGENETICS - Lamarck was right!
Psyber
Coach

Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 389 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL