The Magpies Are Now The AFL Power Reserves

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: The Magpies Are Now The AFL Power Reserves

Postby whufc » Sun Feb 02, 2014 6:42 pm

kickinit wrote:
Wedgie wrote:Earth to kickinit, earth to kickinit, are you with us?
Houston, we have a problem!

wow you really are like whufc and apache, making up statements without the evidence to back it up. I be the first to admit that i'm not one to read through football club financial reports. But to say we have been bankrolled for 17 years is a pretty big statement. So I ask you to post the evidence of this to back up your statement. It will be very interesting to read.

My evidence is the FACT that ALL!!!!!! Power listed players will play for their clubs second side the Magpies when not playing in their first side the Power

Argument over done dusted
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5588 times
Been liked: 2527 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby kickinit » Sun Feb 02, 2014 7:36 pm

Psyber wrote:
Panther Pack wrote:Or how about the Magpies are now the Power Reserves thread........ oh wait.............

How long before they are officially called the Power in the SANFL????

The kids who go to watch them play will be calling them the Power during this season.
The "Magpies" name may officially drag on a year or two, but the Eddie and the AFL want it gone from the SAAFL of the future.

The magpies will be around for many more years to come. As much as you want otto happen it aint
We're on this journey together, One Heart, One Club and they will Never Ever Tear Us Apart.
kickinit
League - Top 5

Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 95 times

Postby kickinit » Sun Feb 02, 2014 7:46 pm

whufc wrote:
kickinit wrote:

wow you really are like whufc and apache, making up statements without the evidence to back it up. I be the first to admit that i'm not one to read through football club financial reports. But to say we have been bankrolled for 17 years is a pretty big statement. So I ask you to post the evidence of this to back up your statement. It will be very interesting to read.

My evidence is the FACT that ALL!!!!!! Power listed players will play for their clubs second side the Magpies when not playing in their first side the Power

Oh so we are the magpies now? funny how things change. Still doesn't change that by your statements centrals still haven't won a league flag.
We're on this journey together, One Heart, One Club and they will Never Ever Tear Us Apart.
kickinit
League - Top 5

Postby whufc » Sun Feb 02, 2014 7:52 pm

kickinit wrote:
whufc wrote:
kickinit wrote:

Oh so we are the magpies now? funny how things change. Still doesn't change that by your statements centrals still haven't won a league flag.

I think you have mistaken my posts for others, where are my statements that alluded that Centrals have never won a premiership.

I think you will find I have only ever said that is a difference between reserves players being spread out in leagues sides and there being a complete reserves side
whufc
Coach

Postby Panther Pack » Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:15 pm

Okay so everyone agrees the Power play in the Afl and are Port's senior side and the Magpies will play in the Sanfl and are Port's reserve side who if they have injuries will require a few top up players to play for them to make up numbers.
Panther Pack
Reserves

Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 139 times

Postby kickinit » Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:00 pm

whufc wrote:I think you have mistaken my posts for others, where are my statements that alluded that Centrals have never won a premiership.

I think you will find I have only ever said that is a difference between reserves players being spread out in leagues sides and there being a complete reserves side

whufc wrote:The reason we have a reserves team is because two teams have its firsts in the AFL and it's reserves, left overs, spares, replacements in its second side.

Looks pretty clear to me. The players that don't make the AFL side play in a second side. Think you'll find that centrals had AFL listed players play for them last year, which by your statement would make them a second side.
kickinit
League - Top 5

Postby Jim05 » Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:01 pm

kickinit wrote:
Psyber wrote:
Panther Pack wrote:Or how about the Magpies are now the Power Reserves thread........ oh wait.............

How long before they are officially called the Power in the SANFL????

The kids who go to watch them play will be calling them the Power during this season.
The "Magpies" name may officially drag on a year or two, but the Eddie and the AFL want it gone from the SAAFL of the future.

The magpies will be around for many more years to come. As much as you want otto happen it aint

Will eventually disappear.
You lose your zones and juniors next year. Kids now have little interest in the SANFL and id dare say plenty of kids that support the Power wouldnt have a clue who the Magpies are just like plenty couldnt name 4 or 5 SANFL clubs. Eventually kids will grow up thinking that the Crows and Power are the only football clubs in SA
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby whufc » Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:05 am

-
whufc
Coach

Postby RB » Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:30 am

kickinit wrote:
whufc wrote:I think you have mistaken my posts for others, where are my statements that alluded that Centrals have never won a premiership.

whufc wrote:The reason we have a reserves team is because two teams have its firsts in the AFL and it's reserves, left overs, spares, replacements in its second side.

Looks pretty clear to me. The players that don't make the AFL side play in a second side. Think you'll find that centrals had AFL listed players play for them last year, which by your statement would make them a second side.

There's a difference between 3/21 players being AFL listed players, and 21/21 players being AFL listed players. What part of that don't you get?
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
RB
Coach

Has liked: 765 times
Been liked: 1074 times

Postby Booney » Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:42 am

"Reserves" teams beating "league" teams in a "reserves" competition with 80% "league" teams.That'll hurt.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7491 times
Been liked: 10772 times

Postby johntheclaret » Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:54 am

am Bays wrote:The thread that keeps on giving!!!

Not sure if it is in the class of the "Running Sheet thread", "the Norwood, West Salary cap thread" any of the "Gowans' are thugs threads" (in particular the one after the 2007 GF) and the grand-daddy of this thread No AFL Reserves in the SANFL thread" but just when you think it is dead off it goes again.

Keep it up lads I'm sure you can keep the Mb flowing!!

At leas one Gowan was a thug and I think Schubert will testify to that. Dont start quoting reality with Kickinitint's fantasy world
johntheclaret
Coach

Has liked: 409 times
Been liked: 580 times

Postby Booney » Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:56 am

Not sure if it is in the class of the "Running Sheet thread", "the Norwood, West Salary cap thread" any of the "Gowans' are thugs threads" (in particular the one after the 2007 GF) and the grand-daddy of this thread No AFL Reserves in the SANFL thread" but just when you think it is dead off it goes again.

Absolutely! I do feel as though we are closing in on a resolution though. ;)

You must be looking forward to your league side playing our reserves side mate. You blokes might be a chance. :D
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby johntheclaret » Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:03 am

Booney wrote:

You must be looking forward to your league side playing our reserves side mate. You blokes might be a chance. :D

Oh you bad, bad boy. At least you acknowledge that your second string are reserves.

Now can you have a word with kickinititit so we can close this thread and finally move on.

PS how's the handicap these days ;)
johntheclaret
Coach

Postby Booney » Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:07 am

AFL listed players playing in the SANFL league competition, is how I look at it. I look forward to Apache breaking that down.

Handicap? Going nowhere. :(
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby johntheclaret » Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:21 am

Booney wrote:AFL listed players playing in the SANFL league competition, is how I look at it. I look forward to Apache breaking that down.

Hard luck Tiger :D

But you missed the key word...... RESERVE.... AFL players in the SANFL.
johntheclaret
Coach

Postby Panther Pack » Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:29 am

Booney wrote:"Reserves" teams beating "league" teams in a "reserves" competition with 80% "league" teams.That'll hurt.

Booney you are spot on mate we have a farcical situation were full time professional athletes will be playing part time footballers.

How this is seen as fair is beyond me and this is why I never wanted AFL Reserves teams in the SANFL competition.

If an SANFL side gets flogged by one of these AFL reserves team I won't be surprised and you also wonder what the SANFL sides can do about it.

AFL is getting more and more professional every year with players running further, faster ect, what can SANFL sides do to combat this add an extra half an hour to Wed night training???

Won't take long but some of the clubs that voted Yes may regret it when one of the AFL reserves teams beats them. Will be a hard sell to the members of that SANFL club!
Panther Pack
Reserves

Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 139 times

Postby StrayDog » Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:33 am

johntheclaret wrote:
Booney wrote:AFL listed players playing in the SANFL league competition, is how I look at it. I look forward to Apache breaking that down.

Hard luck Tiger :D

But you missed the key word...... RESERVE.... AFL players in the SANFL.

Exactly.

"Roses by any other name" or "polished turds" and all that, take your pick. Apache hardly has his work cut out on this one.
StrayDog
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 1147 times
Been liked: 194 times

Postby topsywaldron » Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:22 am

I reakon there's more interest in the status of the Power reserves team than the competition they play in.
'People are not stupid. They know when they are being conned. And two reserves teams operating in a League competition will reduce it to a farce, a competition without a soul.'

Dion Hayman 24th July 2013
topsywaldron
Veteran

Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 218 times

Postby am Bays » Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:35 am

Booney wrote:

Mebbe, not looking to Glenelg diehard players that we spent $$$$ developing ( Cornes, Logan, Hitchcock & Clurey 8) ) playing agaisnt us.

I mean they're OUR players, WE developed :evil: :evil:
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1809 times

Postby Booney » Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:36 am

am Bays wrote:
Booney wrote:

Mebbe, not looking to Glenelg diehard players that we spent $$$$ developing ( Cornes, Logan, Hitchcock & Clurey 8) ) playing agaisnt us.

I mean they're OUR players, WE developed :evil: :evil:

You sure you don't want Hitchy back?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL