Crows Disgrace

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: Crows Disgrace

Postby whufc » Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:32 am

Lol at people who believe its about honouring their heritage, move back to ao etc etc

Clearly just a marketing ploy and attempt at getting one over the power, and trying to bang home the team for south australian brand (which has taken a beating in the last 12 months)

Disgrace.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby D14 » Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:34 am

Booney wrote:Port Adelaide's heritage jumpers have been based on jumpers worn by the CLUB in the past.

Adelaide's heritage jumpers are a mix and match of anything they feel gives them a noteworthy heritage.

I'm glad you highlighted that.

Why can't Adelaide just accept their heritage is from 1990 with Camry on the back?

What it shows is that the crows acknowledge the State and SANFL while Port acknowledge Port. Which is why the Crows can wear the jumper and Port can't.
D14
Under 16s

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby D14 » Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:35 am

Booney wrote:Port Adelaide's heritage jumpers have been based on jumpers worn by the CLUB in the past.

Adelaide's heritage jumpers are a mix and match of anything they feel gives them a noteworthy heritage.

Why can't Adelaide just accept their heritage is from 1990 with Camry on the back?

They do, only with the SANFL and State on their back.
D14
Under 16s

Postby HH3 » Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:36 am

D14 wrote:

What it shows is that the crows acknowledge the State and SANFL while Port acknowledge Port. Which is why the Crows can wear the jumper and Port can't.

No it shows they are trying to latch onto the SANFLs history, when really, they are just an expansion team, not unlike GWS.
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2432 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby D14 » Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:38 am

HH3 wrote:
D14 wrote:

No it shows they are trying to latch onto the SANFLs history, when really, they are just an expansion team, not unlike GWS.

Give me a break. They were built from players from all SANFL clubs.
D14
Under 16s

Postby areaman » Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:39 am

Ecky wrote:This decision is yet another example (that was so obvious during the reserves debate) of the arrogance and narrow-mindedness of the Crows and the SANFL Commission who must really believe that football in SA = the Crows and are unable to see things from the perspective of anyone else.

Rivalries in sport should be built from respect on the field, not from childish games (which is what this really is) which are just designed to antagonise the opponent.

But before Port supporters get on their high horse, the catalyst for this is still the dirty games Port played in 1990 which Whicker and co have never forgiven them for, and hence the petty games just keep continuing. The real loser in it all is football in SA as both sides rarely act in what is the true best interests of SA football.

Couldn't agree more with this. Both Crows & Port do what is in their own interests and then reverse engineer an argument to try to convince the public they give a toss about the greater good.

Basically the AFL and all it's clubs (don't just single out Crows & Port) are arrogant and lost touch with the average punter years ago.
areaman
Under 16s

Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 31 times

Postby whufc » Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:39 am

HH3 wrote:
D14 wrote:

I think you mean expansion FRANCHISE
whufc
Coach

Postby woodublieve12 » Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:39 am

I've heard it's Kurt Tippetts fault
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3016 times
Been liked: 2384 times

Postby whufc » Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:41 am

D14 wrote:
HH3 wrote:
D14 wrote:

Give me a break. They were built from players from all SANFL clubs.

And interstate footballers as well
whufc
Coach

Postby scoob » Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:42 am

I like how putting a fake old style logo and some old text on a guernsey gives it heritage & history.

Adelaide "let's claim someone elses history" Crows
scoob
Veteran

Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 87 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:43 am

if the crows are the team built from the SANFL clubs which is what they are trying to say, then why is there no black or white in the guernsey??
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11807 times
Been liked: 3583 times

Postby whufc » Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:45 am

areaman wrote:
Ecky wrote:This decision is yet another example (that was so obvious during the reserves debate) of the arrogance and narrow-mindedness of the Crows and the SANFL Commission who must really believe that football in SA = the Crows and are unable to see things from the perspective of anyone else.

Rivalries in sport should be built from respect on the field, not from childish games (which is what this really is) which are just designed to antagonise the opponent.

But before Port supporters get on their high horse, the catalyst for this is still the dirty games Port played in 1990 which Whicker and co have never forgiven them for, and hence the petty games just keep continuing. The real loser in it all is football in SA as both sides rarely act in what is the true best interests of SA football.

Couldn't agree more with this. Both Crows & Port do what is in their own interests and then reverse engineer an argument to try to convince the public they give a toss about the greater good.

Basically the AFL and all it's clubs (don't just single out Crows & Port) are arrogant and lost touch with the average punter years ago.

Agree the average punter has never been distances further from the game than the afl presently
whufc
Coach

Postby Panther Pack » Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:49 am

What really jerks my chain in the Crows saying they represent the whole state.

Haven't we already established that Willunga is South's turf!!!!!
Panther Pack
Reserves

Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 137 times

Postby mal » Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:50 am

1991-2014 Adelaide Crows
1997-2014 Port Power
Both playing in a AFL Competition

Would make more sense to me if either club wanted to wear the BIG V jumper
Last edited by mal on Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
mal
Coach

Has liked: 1141 times
Been liked: 892 times

Postby superlative steve » Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:50 am

Not sure if its been mentioned earlier but the guernsey is the exact design as the Powers, just with the Crows colours
superlative steve
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 30 times

Postby Ecky » Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:52 am

whufc wrote:Agree the educated average punter has never been distanced further from the game than the afl presently

I'll just correct that for you whufc ;)
There are unfortunately plenty of idiots out there who can't see through all the propaganda and lap all the garbage up that they dish out (and will go and buy these replica guernseys, justifying their decision), which is why they ultimately don't give a stuff what we think.
John Olsen, June 2012 wrote:"Reserves teams in the SANFL for the two AFL clubs is not negotiable.
We will not compromise the SANFL competition (with AFL reserves teams)."
Ecky
2022 SA Footy Punter of the Year

Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 79 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide Lutheran

Postby Panther Pack » Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:55 am

Ecky wrote:
whufc wrote:Agree the educated average punter has never been distanced further from the game than the afl presently

I'll just correct that for you whufc ;)
There are unfortunately plenty of idiots out there who can't see through all the propaganda and lap all the garbage up that they dish out (and will go and buy these replica guernseys, justifying their decision), which is why they ultimately don't give a stuff what we think.

Surely these people understand who Willunga belongs to though????
Panther Pack
Reserves

Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 137 times

Postby whufc » Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:08 am

Mainly aimed at the Crows fans

But would it be fair to see the majority of south australian football fans don't support the crows, when you take into account power supporters, interstate afl clubs supporters, SANFL ammo country fans who don't follow or support a side in the afl
whufc
Coach

Postby HH3 » Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:16 am

whufc wrote:Mainly aimed at the Crows fans

But would it be fair to see the majority of south australian football fans don't support the crows, when you take into account power supporters, interstate afl clubs supporters, SANFL ammo country fans who don't follow or support a side in the afl

I think you may be correct.
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2432 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Psyber » Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:25 am

Neither AFL team has any right to cling to an SANFL history. It is all just marketing hype in both cases.
The Crows were invented in 1990, and the Power has only a tenuous clam to the history of the Magpies whom they have attempted to rob of their heritage by sly use of technical paper work regarding registrations and name changes.
EPIGENETICS - Lamarck was right!
Psyber
Coach

Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 389 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL