28%
The SANFL for agreeing for them to wear the state jumper
46%
Nothing wrong with it, this is a great idea
16%
Don't Care
10%

Total votes : 61

Re: Crows In State Jumper - Which is worse?

Postby Wedgie » Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:17 pm

He should have left when Max did!
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2020 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby tkr » Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:21 pm

What would be worse is if they wore the jumper and lost to Port Power
tkr
Rookie

Has liked: 160 times
Been liked: 19 times

Postby Wedgie » Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:23 pm

tkr wrote:What would be worse is if they wore the jumper and lost to Port Power

Disagreed. That would have been awesome and preferably by 20 goals.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2020 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Pseudo » Fri Feb 07, 2014 7:15 pm

twosheds wrote:
dedja wrote:Quite Smart really ... all that publicity and it didn't cost them a cent.

Hardly; "Smart" isn't the word I would use. Came across as a smug, self aggrandising knob.

more of a Nigel than Smart then...
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1553 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby johntheclaret » Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:46 pm

Psyber wrote:On radio 891 this morning Olsen was interviewed. It appears the decision was made at a lower administrative level in the SANFL and then retracted by more senior people when the protests brought it to their attention. The Crows claim the idea was "encouraged" by the SANFL. The SANFL says the Crows request was simply approved, not "encouraged", by the person who handled the request. (Sloppy management by SANFL either way.)

Scapegoat management more like.
some poor smo down the ladder loses his / her job, and everything is good
johntheclaret
Coach

Has liked: 409 times
Been liked: 580 times

Postby Psyber » Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:11 pm

johntheclaret wrote:
Psyber wrote:On radio 891 this morning Olsen was interviewed. It appears the decision was made at a lower administrative level in the SANFL and then retracted by more senior people when the protests brought it to their attention. The Crows claim the idea was "encouraged" by the SANFL. The SANFL says the Crows request was simply approved, not "encouraged", by the person who handled the request. (Sloppy management by SANFL either way.)

Scapegoat management more like.
some poor smo down the ladder loses his / her job, and everything is good

You are probably right - I just reported what was said.
Even if it were true such core decisions should not be able to be made at a low level of management.
EPIGENETICS - Lamarck was right!
Psyber
Coach

Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 389 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby Dutchy » Sat Feb 08, 2014 2:19 pm

I used to have a soft spot for the Crows, hard not to with all the Glenelg influence in the early days, in recent times its fair to say they have been my second team in the AFL, but in the last 12 months I could not think of a team I hate more over the Tippett issue, SANFL entry and now this crap.

I dispise Port but will be hoping they win the showdown.

I think there will be a lot of people like me that didn't mind the Crows, some may have even become members in the future, but will never be engaged with the club again.

The increase in kids following interstate teams is staggering when you see junior teams train these days, can only see this increasing
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby Pseudo » Sat Feb 08, 2014 2:33 pm

Dutchy wrote:I used to have a soft spot for the Crows, hard not to with all the Glenelg influence in the early days,

Speak for yourself and yourself alone.

I don't hope Port wins the showdown. I just hope that the Crows lose it.
Pseudo
Coach

Postby dedja » Sat Feb 08, 2014 2:39 pm

Pseudo wrote:
Dutchy wrote:I used to have a soft spot for the Crows, hard not to with all the Glenelg influence in the early days,

Speak for yourself and yourself alone

I think that's what he did ... conversely, with respect to a full on anti-AFL stance, speak for yourself and yourself alone
It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt
dedja
Coach

Has liked: 157 times
Been liked: 972 times

Postby FOURTH ESTATE » Sat Feb 08, 2014 2:40 pm

Ecky wrote:A longer version of the Whicker quote:
“The SANFL is delighted that the Adelaide Football Club will honour its heritage in round two of the AFL Premiership Season,” Whicker said. “The guernsey reflects the many hard working and passionate people, as well as all the SANFL clubs, that have built the Crows into such a significant part of the South Australian football landscape.

Channel 7 suggested that if he wasn't retiring in June he could be sacked over this!

And watch them parachute some other inbred from the old boys club into his position.

Needs a complete shakeup and an outsider not from the old boys college network. Could be worse, could be Nigel "Not So " Smart or that other Dumbass Glenn Rosser!!!!!
2017, 2019 & 2020 PREMIERS
RICHMOND, RICHMOND, RICHMOND.

Let that be a lesson to you Sturt. You don't beat Glenelg 3 times in a row in Grand Finals and get away with it.
FOURTH ESTATE
Veteran

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 128 times
Grassroots Team: Broadview

Postby Pseudo » Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:11 pm

dedja wrote:conversely, with respect to a full on anti-AFL stance, speak for yourself and yourself alone

Thanks dedj, that's awfully sporting of you. Here I go:

As a person with a full-on anti-AFL stance I speak for myself and myself alone when I say that the Glenelg influence in the early days of the Crows had absolutely no bearing on my decision to hold the club in complete and utter disdain.

Thanks again mate. In return I'll let you speak for yourself and yourself alone some time.
Pseudo
Coach

Postby dedja » Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:15 pm

Cheers ...
It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt
dedja
Coach

Postby am Bays » Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:32 pm

What's worse than the Crows in the State Guernsey, Centrals adopting the Crows guernsey design for themselves....
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1804 times

Postby The Sleeping Giant » Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:35 pm

Reaching ambays. Not even close.
Cannabis is safer than alcohol
The Sleeping Giant
Coach

Has liked: 69 times
Been liked: 193 times

Postby smac » Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:06 pm

It was a Geelong guernsey with the top hoop omitted and 3 colours used.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk
smac
Coach

Has liked: 165 times
Been liked: 233 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby dedja » Sat Feb 08, 2014 8:05 pm

It's a Bays' guernsey with hoops but without the sash and a few different colours ...
dedja
Coach

Postby hereselmo1 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:54 pm

Dutchy wrote:I used to have a soft spot for the Crows, hard not to with all the Glenelg influence in the early days, in recent times its fair to say they have been my second team in the AFL, but in the last 12 months I could not think of a team I hate more over the Tippett issue, SANFL entry and now this crap.

I think there will be a lot of people like me that didn't mind the Crows, some may have even become members in the future, but will never be engaged with the club again.

The increase in kids following interstate teams is staggering when you see junior teams train these days, can only see this increasing

Welcome aboard Dutchy! :)

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk 2
hereselmo1
Under 16s

Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 1 time

Postby dedja » Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:04 pm

:lol:
dedja
Coach

Postby Booney » Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:53 pm

Dutchy wrote:I used to have a soft spot for the Crows, hard not to with all the Glenelg influence in the early days, in recent times its fair to say they have been my second team in the AFL, but in the last 12 months I could not think of a team I hate more over the Tippett issue, SANFL entry and now this crap.

No doubt a result of more televised games than ever before. 6,7 years ago as a Kanga's supporter you might have seen your team a handful of times a year, hardly adequate when trying to persuade Junior Dutchman to follow the 'Roos. Now you can see every 'Roos game live while junior bounces on your knee in his Ziebell guernsey.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby woodublieve12 » Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:57 am

Booney wrote:

No doubt a result of more televised games than ever before. 6,7 years ago as a Kanga's supporter you might have seen your team a handful of times a year, hardly adequate when trying to persuade Junior Dutchman to follow the 'Roos. Now you can see every 'Roos game live while junior bounces on your knee in his Ziebell guernsey.

When did one's kids get choice who they follow??? :lol: . My daughter was a swans member before she was born and so will be my next one... I've told my wife (carlton supporter) and my in laws (crow supporters) that they are not to sway them... :D My father in law wasn't thrilled by that but who gives a sh*t :lol:
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3016 times
Been liked: 2384 times

Previous

Board index   Football  SANFL