NAB Challenge

Talk on the national game

Re: NAB Challenge

Postby carey » Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:56 am

HH3 wrote:
carey wrote:
thatsit wrote:
Rik E Boy wrote:How did the Blues lose that by six goals? Looked pretty even when I watched a bit of it in the second and third quarters.

regards,

REB

Cue in the rack was suggested at about 3 quarter time

I heard on the radio today it was a Hinding, a smashing and a flogging :roll:

Adelaide media for ya

The Advertiser should start a campaign to make the Crows like the Dallas Cowboys. They can be Australia's team, even though less than half of the people in their own state barrack for them.

After the Crows win by 38 it was a smashing, a hammering and a blasting but then Port get a win but same old Advertiser back page of the sport yep you guessed it the Crows :roll:
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2796 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby Ron Burgundy » Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:26 am

Oh port. The poor little sister.
Ron Burgundy
League - Best 21

Has liked: 174 times
Been liked: 137 times

Postby bennymacca » Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:46 am

Port also complain when rucci writes a bad article about them
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Booney » Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:05 am

While you blokes simply can't complain enough about anyone complaining! :lol:
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby HH3 » Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:32 am

kickinit wrote:
bennymacca wrote:Membership and support are very different things and you know it

only way to measure it, is by membership. But then again if you went and asked rowey or jars i'm sure they have a accurate figure.

You'd have to take Adelaides membership numbers, then compare them to Port Adelaides, and then add every person that is a member of any interstate club as well.

Pretty confident the Crows would have a lot less than half of the states membership numbers.
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2432 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby bennymacca » Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:47 am

Crows currently have 3657 more members than the power. Would be interesting to know how many paid up members for interstate clubs live in SA.

That number would be pretty close I would imagine
bennymacca
Coach

Postby cracka » Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:55 am

HH3 wrote:The Advertiser should start a campaign to make the Crows like the Dallas Cowboys. They can be Australia's team, even though less than half of the people in their own state barrack for them.

Well der. There are 2 x AFL & 8 x SANFL sides in SA so if you divide that of course they are not going to have half the states support. Talk about stating the obvious. What they do have, at the moment, is the biggest membership base of any side based in SA.
Here's an idea, if you don't like a South Australian newspaper reporting on the South Australian AFL sides (how stupid of them), don't read it. The Herald Sun (best newspaper in Australia) hardly reports on the crows or power so why don't you read that instead.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 458 times
Been liked: 560 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby cracka » Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:57 am

Booney wrote:While you blokes simply can't complain enough about anyone complaining! :lol:

I'm finding that most of the complaining on here is from non crows or power supporters.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 458 times
Been liked: 560 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby bennymacca » Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:16 am

The herald sun is great, I routinely read their afl coverage as well as the 'tiser
bennymacca
Coach

Postby Spargo » Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:30 am

cracka wrote:
Booney wrote:While you blokes simply can't complain enough about anyone complaining! :lol:

I'm finding that most of the complaining on here is from non crows or power supporters.

What the???
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5460 times
Been liked: 5089 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby HH3 » Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:36 am

cracka wrote:
HH3 wrote:The Advertiser should start a campaign to make the Crows like the Dallas Cowboys. They can be Australia's team, even though less than half of the people in their own state barrack for them.

Well der. There are 2 x AFL & 8 x SANFL sides in SA so if you divide that of course they are not going to have half the states support. Talk about stating the obvious. What they do have, at the moment, is the biggest membership base of any side based in SA.
Here's an idea, if you don't like a South Australian newspaper reporting on the South Australian AFL sides (how stupid of them), don't read it. The Herald Sun (best newspaper in Australia) hardly reports on the crows or power so why don't you read that instead.

Reporting on the teams is one thing. Sucking the Crows dicks is another.

Have you seen the Advertiser today? Port won a game last night, get a big picture on the back page (good start), no accompanying article on the back page (bit iffy), turn to the actual article (one solitary article about Port), turn another page (2 page spread on the Crows, with 4 or 5 articles about them).

Bit lopsided dont you think.
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2432 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Ron Burgundy » Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:38 am

Watched Port last night. I think realistically they are somewhere between 8th and 12th.

- The small forward brigade of Monfries, WIngard and Gray can be potent. One of the best small forward combos going around
- 'the future' needs to become 'the present' to take some pressure off Schulz
- Can Polec carry form into the main season, or will he do a Karnezis (see last years preseason)and look $1mil before Round 1 and then do nothing.
- Port needs some of their emerging talent to become stars for them to go any higher.

They may surprise (again) or may slide a little, but compared to where they were with Primus, Port supporters must be a lot more positive about the next 5 years.
Ron Burgundy
League - Best 21

Postby Johno6 » Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:50 am

dOGGIES TO WIN TONIGHT AND SHORTEN INTO THIRD FAVS FOR THE FLAG
R.I.P Mum 28/02/12

Asterix Users - Squibs
Johno6
Coach

Has liked: 344 times
Been liked: 604 times
Grassroots Team: Golden Grove

Postby bennymacca » Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:54 am

Ron Burgundy wrote:Watched Port last night. I think realistically they are somewhere between 8th and 12th.

- The small forward brigade of Monfries, WIngard and Gray can be potent. One of the best small forward combos going around
- 'the future' needs to become 'the present' to take some pressure off Schulz
- Can Polec carry form into the main season, or will he do a Karnezis (see last years preseason)and look $1mil before Round 1 and then do nothing.
- Port needs some of their emerging talent to become stars for them to go any higher.

They may surprise (again) or may slide a little, but compared to where they were with Primus, Port supporters must be a lot more positive about the next 5 years.

Their draw will he much tougher this year, similar to the crows last year, so if they have injuries they will struggle
bennymacca
Coach

Postby tigerhutch » Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:00 pm

cracka wrote:

You would think victorians have enough to complain about :lol:
Vote for King Thistle and the Wise Old Elf ... you know it makes sense
tigerhutch
Rookie

Has liked: 42 times
Been liked: 5 times
Grassroots Team: Boston

Postby Bum Crack » Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:21 pm

cracka wrote:

Hence why it is probably the best newspaper in Australia
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach

Has liked: 320 times
Been liked: 885 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

Postby woodublieve12 » Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:26 pm

tigerhutch wrote:
cracka wrote:

You would think victorians have enough to complain about :lol:

like what??? How they host the AFL GF, Grand Prix, Australian Open. How they have the best stadium in australia and are the sporting capital of our great nation... I see how they'd whinge ;)
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3016 times
Been liked: 2384 times

Postby Jim05 » Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:29 pm

bennymacca wrote:Crows currently have 3657 more members than the power. Would be interesting to know how many paid up members for interstate clubs live in SA.

Currently just under 3400 paid up Essendon members in SA, would think Collingwood, Carlton, Richmond and Hawthorn would all have similar
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3535 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Ron Burgundy » Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:31 pm

Be careful, they will complain that you didn't refer to it as the best stadium in the world.
Ron Burgundy
League - Best 21

Postby kickinit » Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:32 pm

Jim05 wrote:
bennymacca wrote:Crows currently have 3657 more members than the power. Would be interesting to know how many paid up members for interstate clubs live in SA.

Currently just under 3400 paid up Essendon members in SA, would think Collingwood, Carlton, Richmond and Hawthorn would all have similar

I could be wrong but from what i've seen at games I'd say Collingwood and Hawthorn would probably have more. But 1 thing is for sure the crows don't have more then 50%.
We're on this journey together, One Heart, One Club and they will Never Ever Tear Us Apart.
kickinit
League - Top 5

Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 95 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL