Carlton 2014

Talk on the national game

Re: Carlton 2014

Postby bennymacca » Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:27 pm

The funny thing is when he doesn't have his coaches hat on he is one if the most well spoken intelligent people I have heard talk about footy.

During that year off he had and went into the media he used to talk in 5aa every week and he was awesome.

But now he is just grumpy again
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Booney » Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:28 pm

Rik E Boy wrote:Give Mick a break. He's done well. It's taken him two years but he's finally moulded a side that can match it with St Kilda.

regards,

REB

It's been two very good years.

He's taken them from a finals side, to a side getting into the finals by default to a side sitting in the bottom 6. :lol:
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7492 times
Been liked: 10774 times

Postby amber_fluid » Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:33 pm

bennymacca wrote:The funny thing is when he doesn't have his coaches hat on he is one if the most well spoken intelligent people I have heard talk about footy.

During that year off he had and went into the media he used to talk in 5aa every week and he was awesome.

He just tries to belittle the reporters at every post match presentations instead of listening to their question and answering it appropriately.
His answers are premeditated based on whether they win or lose.
Stop pretending to be a know all and answer the ******* question whether it's an appropriate one or not.
Give the reporters some credit..........they are not all ****!!
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2226 times
Been liked: 2520 times

Postby gadj1976 » Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:25 pm

bennymacca wrote:The funny thing is when he doesn't have his coaches hat on he is one if the most well spoken intelligent people I have heard talk about footy.

Yes Benny, that's exactly what I thought too. His insight on FNF was very good. I think he should've stayed there. I think that year out of the game really hurt him and I think his gameplan is old school AND the game has gone past him in coaching parlance.

Every other club has gone for younger coaches and yet for some reason, we went the other way. I have to question the club greats as to why they decided to do this and burn a club legend in the meantime.

I actually liked Bucks for one year too. The year he was in the media. I found his knowledge, perspective and comments refreshing on FNF.
gadj1976
Coach

Has liked: 796 times
Been liked: 850 times

Postby mal » Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:58 pm

The irony of the MALthouse v Ling stoush, is that MALthouse wanted Ling to be his assistant coach in 2013
Maybe there is some history between the two men ?

I've not seen too many more emotional coaches in my time than MM

Carltons is having a very mediocre season
Has MM got the cattle ?
mal
Coach

Has liked: 1152 times
Been liked: 904 times

Postby gadj1976 » Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:35 am

Dear Mick (part 4)

Mick, we need to talk. Can you tell me what this means - 1k, 1h, 0m? No, it's not km, hours and minutes. It's beanstalks stats. 1 kick, 1 handball and 0 marks. And he played the entire game. I know subs that have done better! At one point he (Robert Warnock, just in case you weren't sure who I'm on about) managed to not only NOT get to a contest with Martin's brother Mike Pyke, he then didn't get to the contest where Martin's brother kicked it to. He did manage to roll into screen just as the umpire advised our defenders of the mark though which I thought was great mobility. Mind you, he did get 36 hitouts, less than 1/4 to advantage. He's more of a passenger than that old bird in "Driving Miss Daisy", so time for him to go - or at least to suffer a season ending injury? Actually, just on Daisy.....well, normally when a player, when a recruit goes to a new club they try and fit in by getting a guernsey in the 'first 22'. Not Daisy, cos even he knows he doesn't belong.

And just on the game....what's with allowing Parker to take an uncontested mark in the goal square against three of our finest defenders? Taking Jenna's Jameson's brother Michael off of Buddy at the start of the third (luckily it didn't cost us much)? Having no forwards in our forward line - so that if we did get a centre clearance we had no one to kick it to? Kicking across the ground at half back (badly) to blokes standing still, 1 on 3 when the SCG is the shortest ground in the comp? Our forwards, when in position would've preferred it in quickly I would've thought, rather than have Bruce Reid, Reg Grundy and Viv Richards drop into the hole?

But I think your ploy during the week of stating that Sydney were the best side since some other team you've never coached and never will was great. It meant when we were eventually let down you could say "I told you so". And at your press conference, when Sam Lane asked a question, rather than treat her with complete disdain, you should've just said "Sam, I know you're a Carlton supporter, but I did tell you what would happen".

Now, I would like to talk to you about having a go at Lingy at half time. That's like taking on the local handicapped kid (or red headed freckled kid) at the playground. Easy to do, but gutless and unpopular. You can't recant it by saying "I was talking to the crew" because he is the crew. Mind you, you've got form in this regard with Milney haven't you? Oh, that's right, despite everyone being able to lip read "rapist", you were instead saying "Hey Stephen, I hope you have a nice day tomorrow at the races". Complete misunderstanding of course. Remember, kids look up to you. So please rack off back to Collingwood where they'll defend you to the hilt with such rubbish behaviour. Pillock.

So Andrew Walker is done for the year huh? How about putting him in the forward line next season? He (before you got there - yes, there was a BM (before Mick)) was a really good forward, kicking 50 odd goals in 2011. Our best year in recent history. Hey, you know what would've been better? To keep Laidler in the backline rather than trying to make him into a forward. Hey, just on that, Laidler might just play in a GF. You remember the bloke that wasn't good enough to play in our backline - he's playing in the backline in the best team in the comp (as noted by you!)? Shit you're a good judge.

The only thing I've recently agreed with you on is that the free agency favours the top clubs and that something needs to be done. Cos lets face it, at the moment, who the hell would want to come to us?

And I think you have to have to put in a call to the AFL. North (Fri), Freo (Fri), Gold Coast, Geelong (Fri), Port (Fri), and Essendon. Four Friday night games to finish the season off, showcasing our talents in front of a huge national audience! But all teams above us! When you have dinner at Gill's joint, you might complain about playing sides above us for the rest of the season.

Mind you, if we're 5-17 at the end of the season, that'd be reason enough to go to the board, plead how bad we are and ask for another 5 years. If so, please put a fork in me cos I (and a 1000 others) are just about done.
gadj1976
Coach

Postby Turbo » Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:27 pm

Press conference tomorrow regarding juddy. Will it be retirement or one more year?
Turbo
League - Top 5

Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 38 times
Grassroots Team: Cove

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:32 pm

Turbo wrote:Press conference tomorrow regarding juddy. Will it be retirement or one more year?

Likely retirement if that's the case I would say.
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Has liked: 402 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby RustyCage » Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:36 pm

I think if he was planning on one more year he wouldn't say anything now
I'm gonna break my rusty cage and run
RustyCage

Has liked: 1260 times
Been liked: 933 times

Postby amber_fluid » Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:28 pm

Probably sick of Mick like the rest of us.
amber_fluid
Coach

Postby Turbo » Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:06 pm

Just heard that it's not for retirement. Hope not. Players of his calibre don't come around often
Turbo
League - Top 5

Postby Rik E Boy » Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:30 pm

Turbo wrote:Just heard that it's not for retirement. Hope not. Players of his calibre don't come around often

So? Buy another one.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1698 times
Been liked: 1818 times

Postby amber_fluid » Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:50 pm

Rik E Boy wrote:
Turbo wrote:Just heard that it's not for retirement. Hope not. Players of his calibre don't come around often

So? Buy another one.

regards,

REB

we can't....not allowed to anymore!! ;)
amber_fluid
Coach

Postby stan » Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:10 pm

amber_fluid wrote:
Rik E Boy wrote:

So? Buy another one.

regards,

REB

I'm sure you'll find another young star to target. You always do, you were looking at Wines from Port for a while there. I'm sure you have a few others your looking at. Why dont you expand the pool aware from West Coast (As we have nothing) and Port and look at Sydney, GWS, Adelaide, Brisbane and GC.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Turbo » Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:51 pm

Rik E Boy wrote:

So? Buy another one.

regards,

REB

Think that's the plan
Turbo
League - Top 5

Postby Jim05 » Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:33 pm

Any more jobs going at Visy?
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Turbo » Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:24 pm

Jim05 wrote:Any more jobs going at Visy?

Big company. Always jobs at Visy
Turbo
League - Top 5

Postby gadj1976 » Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:15 pm

stan wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:
Rik E Boy wrote:

So? Buy another one.

regards,

REB

I'm sure you'll find another young star to target. You always do, you were looking at Wines from Port for a while there. I'm sure you have a few others your looking at. Why dont you expand the pool aware from West Coast (As we have nothing) and Port and look at Sydney, GWS, Adelaide, Brisbane and GC.

Nathan Brown and Nick Maxwell will be on our radar. They fit the criteria. 1. Broken down and 2. from Collingwood.
gadj1976
Coach

Postby amber_fluid » Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:42 pm

Maybe a straight swap for Warnock.
A tard for a tard!!
amber_fluid
Coach

Postby stan » Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:09 am

gadj1976 wrote:
stan wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:
Rik E Boy wrote:[quote="Turbo"]Just heard that it's not for retirement. Hope not. Players of his calibre don't come around often

So? Buy another one.

regards,

REB

Nathan Brown and Nick Maxwell will be on our radar. They fit the criteria. 1. Broken down and 2. from Collingwood.[/quote]

I was semi serious as well. The north east teams would be a good place to look. So much talent on those lists (GWS and GC) and not all young players will get a chance. Good opportunity to get some young vic talent. A good exame of this is Miles for richmomd.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL