Soundwave 2015 Rumours...

Yes, music now has its very own forum!

Soundwave 2015 Rumours...

Postby Failed Creation » Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:27 pm

Already there's a ton of rumours flying around about who will and who won't play Soundwave next year, and here's a list of some of those: http://musicfeeds.com.au/news/soundwave ... -and-info/.

Is there anyone from those lists you'd rob your family to see?

FC2's ULTIMATE SOUNDWAVE (of the bands mentioned in that link):
Rush - For all I care, Kesha could be the only other act there, and I'd still wait day and night to see Rush. They've never toured Australia before, so I'm hoping this rumour proves to be true.
Lacuna Coil - Their new album is about to drop, so I'd imagine they'd be well into that album's touring cycle. I heard they were awesome when they were last at Soundwave (2009, I think...). From what I've heard, their new stuff is their best since Comalies.
In This Moment - Maria Brink. Enough said.
Protest The Hero - For those about to prog... we salute you.
Marilyn Manson - For old time's sake. I can't imagine he'd be able to top his show at the 1999 Big Day Out though...
Sepultura - Thanks to @Gozu, I've been listening to them a lot lately, and I'd love it if they played Against from start to finish.
Bloodhound Gang - I'd love to see these guys for a bit of comic relief, and because they were a big part of my teenage years.
Slipknot - I wish, but they'd still be awesome to see.
Stone Temple Pilots - But only if they ditched Chester Bennington and got Weiland back. Wishful thinking though...
Within Temptation - I've loved these guys since Mother Earth came out.
Rammstein - They're awesome, and they put on a killer show.
Skunk Anansie - It would be great if they didn't play anything from their last two albums though.
Machine Head - They'd go nuts, as would I.
Rancid - They were kind to me in my teenage years, and I've always wanted to see them.
Dream Theater - The modern masters of prog were born to play a festival like Soundwave. Make it so.
Politicians kissing babies for good luck,
TV preachers sell salvation for a buck.
You don't need no golden cross to tell you wrong from right,
The world's worst murderers were those who saw the light.
Failed Creation
Coach

Has liked: 3307 times
Been liked: 613 times
Grassroots Team: Gawler Central

Re: Soundwave 2015 Rumours...

Postby Q. » Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:52 pm

Would buy a ticket in a heartbeat if Rancid were named.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby MatteeG » Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:19 am

Q. wrote:Would buy a ticket in a heartbeat if Rancid were named.

This.

Lets hope anyone named actually make it to the stage next year.
helicopterking wrote:Flaggies will choke. Always have.
MatteeG
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 511 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Postby LMA » Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:54 pm

Same

Seen them at The Royal Hotel (of all places?) back in the 90's, as well at the BDO before that. Has been a long time, not sure if they have been to Adelaide since?
LMA
Coach

Has liked: 387 times
Been liked: 714 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby Gozu » Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:34 pm

LMA wrote:

Same

Seen them at The Royal Hotel (of all places?) back in the 90's, as well at the BDO before that. Has been a long time, not sure if they have been to Adelaide since?

I didn't go but I remember that show was when they were touring for 'Life Won't Wait' and were meant to be playing at Thebarton Theatre but then due to poor ticket sales it got moved to the Royal Hotel. Would've been good to see Rancid in such an intimate venue.

To this day I'm still kicking myself I didn't go to either of Mr Bungle's shows at the Tivoli Hotel in '96 or when the Melvins played there in '97 too.
"The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment" – Warren Bennis
Gozu
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 659 times

Postby The Sleeping Giant » Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:04 pm

Out of that list, I'd buy a ticket if 90% of these bands played.

Social Distortion
Opeth
Rush
Bloodhound Gang
King Diamond
Chevelle
Turbonegro
Dethklok
Mötörhead
Rammstein
Dream Theater
Electric Wizard
At the Drive-In
Rage Against The Machine
Orange Goblin
Cannabis is safer than alcohol
The Sleeping Giant
Coach

Has liked: 69 times
Been liked: 193 times

Postby Failed Creation » Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:49 pm

Gozu wrote:
LMA wrote:

Same

I didn't go but I remember that show was when they were touring for 'Life Won't Wait' and were meant to be playing at Thebarton Theatre but then due to poor ticket sales it got moved to the Royal Hotel. Would've been good to see Rancid in such an intimate venue.

To this day I'm still kicking myself I didn't go to either of Mr Bungle's shows at the Tivoli Hotel in '96 or when the Melvins played there in '97 too.

To this day, I still want to kick Anthony Kiedis for getting Mr. Bungle booted off the Big Day Out bill in 2000. I was too young to see them in 1996 unfortunately.
Failed Creation
Coach

Postby The Dark Knight » Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:51 pm

Would be amazing if Mötörhead played at Soundwave but I think that is highly unlikely. The absolute ultimate for me would be to see Rage Against the Machine on any sort of tour really, I hope I see that happen one day!! Certainly not holding my breath though.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10298 times
Been liked: 1516 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby The Sleeping Giant » Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:07 pm

Never forget when RATM played the BDO in 1996 and opened with Killing in the name. Just about the whole Wayville Oval was jumping.
Cannabis is safer than alcohol
The Sleeping Giant
Coach

Has liked: 69 times
Been liked: 193 times

Postby Gozu » Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:48 am

Failed Creation wrote:
Gozu wrote:
LMA wrote:

Same

To this day, I still want to kick Anthony Kiedis for getting Mr. Bungle booted off the Big Day Out bill in 2000. I was too young to see them in 1996 unfortunately.

Bungle played an under 18's show in the afternoon of the same day as the over 18's show at night. Initially all the shows on that '96 tour were over 18's only but some younger Bungle fans organised a petition to make them all-ages shows and Dylan Lewis the host of ABC TV show Recovery who was a massive Bungle fan presented the petition to the band these two teenage girls had organised when he interviewed them at Luna Park in Sydney. They weren't able to make the licensed shows all-ages so Bungle added a few under 18's shows and as they didn't have a gap in their tour here it had to be held on the same day. Knowing their humour I bet they would've made that show even more explicit than the over 18's show!

Didn't you go and see Bungle in 2000 when they played at Adel Uni Cloisters, FC?
"The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment" – Warren Bennis
Gozu
Coach

Postby Gozu » Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:51 am

The Dark Knight wrote:Would be amazing if Mötörhead played at Soundwave but I think that is highly unlikely. The absolute ultimate for me would be to see Rage Against the Machine on any sort of tour really, I hope I see that happen one day!! Certainly not holding my breath though.

RATM co-headlined the BDO in 2008
Gozu
Coach

Postby Failed Creation » Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:04 am

Gozu wrote:
Didn't you go and see Bungle in 2000 when they played at Adel Uni Cloisters, FC?

Unfortunately I didn't... I presume that was an over 18's show? If not, I am really kicking myself. Although, Patton and Trey Spruance have buried the hatchet...
Failed Creation
Coach

Postby Gozu » Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:02 pm

Failed Creation wrote:
Gozu wrote:

Unfortunately I didn't... I presume that was an over 18's show? If not, I am really kicking myself. Although, Patton and Trey Spruance have buried the hatchet...

To be honest I can't remember. It wasn't that great a show though in hindsight I would've rather gone to one of those '96 shows.
Gozu
Coach

Postby LMA » Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:37 pm

Gozu wrote:
LMA wrote:

Same

Yeah me and a couple of mates still talk about that Rancid gig, how close we were to the band was like seeing a band at your footy club
LMA
Coach

Has liked: 387 times
Been liked: 714 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby Gozu » Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:21 pm

Faith No More rumoured as headliners for 2015 Soundwave
Gozu
Coach

Postby Failed Creation » Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:01 pm

Gozu wrote:Faith No More rumoured as headliners for 2015 Soundwave

I can't like this enough, if it happens.
Failed Creation
Coach

Postby RustyCage » Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:37 pm

Hopefully a better set list than last time they played
I'm gonna break my rusty cage and run
RustyCage

Has liked: 1260 times
Been liked: 933 times

Postby Failed Creation » Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:10 pm

RustyCage wrote:Hopefully a better set list than last time they played

What didn't you like about it?
Failed Creation
Coach

Postby Gozu » Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:11 pm

Failed Creation wrote:
Gozu wrote:Faith No More rumoured as headliners for 2015 Soundwave

I can't like this enough, if it happens.

Seems legit as it was from an article in The Advertiser last Thursday about noise restrictions. I put it aside at the time and then forgot about it until today. A small article that I have in front of me but haven't been able to find online.

A plan to run the Soundwave music festival in the city parklands over two days next year will be subject to community feedback before Adelaide City Council decides if it can go ahead.

The council will embark on a month-long public consultation from next week before any decision on the organisers' application is made in September. The annual festival is planned to run for two days in February, a first for the event which is rumoured to feature US rock band Faith No More among more than 80 acts.

An administration report, tendered to this week's council meeting, estimated that up to 30,000 fans would attend, while liquor licencing would be provided for 40,000 spectators. The festival would be charged more than $44,000 to rent the Bonython Park site, officials said.
Gozu
Coach

Postby RustyCage » Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:34 pm

Failed Creation wrote:
RustyCage wrote:Hopefully a better set list than last time they played

What didn't you like about it?

Being a metal and punk festival for the main part, they should have avoided a barrage of ballads early on, then got people offside by Patton having a go at the crowd for just standing there.
I'm gonna break my rusty cage and run
RustyCage

Has liked: 1260 times
Been liked: 933 times

Next

Board index   General Talk  Music