Essendon

Talk on the national game

Re: Essendon 2014

Postby Footy Smart » Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:54 pm

Hirds back in town! what should his role be in the final few round/finals? IMO he should stay away from the place let Bomber so what he is doing. The players dont need another side show on the eve of the finals
Footy Smart
Coach

Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 118 times
Grassroots Team: Modbury

Postby gossipgirl » Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:05 pm

Footy Smart wrote:Hirds back in town! what should his role be in the final few round/finals? IMO he should stay away from the place let Bomber so what he is doing. The players dont need another side show on the eve of the finals

lockup the needles ;)
Adelaide Crows World champions 2017 - Crows 4.11 to Lions 4.5
gossipgirl
League - Best 21

Has liked: 1433 times
Been liked: 57 times
Grassroots Team: Boston

Postby Booney » Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:33 pm

Footy Smart wrote:Hirds back in town! what should his role be in the final few round/finals? IMO he should stay away from the place let Bomber so what he is doing. The players dont need another side show on the eve of the finals

Me, me, me.

That's what it's about for the golden boy. He'll be straight back in and think he's still the man.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7494 times
Been liked: 10780 times

Postby bennymacca » Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:12 pm

bomber should tell him to piss right off and stay out of it until the season is over.

still utterly ridiculous that he is going to come back
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby stan » Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:46 pm

Its fair to say the bombers are going ok at the moment. Hirds role should be sitting at home and watching the game on the box. Bomber and his current assistants have done a good job in my opinion. Now is a poor time for his return to the club.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby NO-MERCY » Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:14 pm

I agree with all of the above, James" Golden Boy "Hird should keep right away from Bomber Thompson & the team who are doing a very good job at present.
Who the f..k does this bloke think he is? he's got the nerve & cheek to think he's going to walk back in there & take over with only a handfull of games to go before finals in 2014, this bloke has done alot of damage at Bomber land & i think Bomber Thompson should tell him to f..k right off!!
If i was Essendon I'd be puting all my time & effort into changing the mindset of Bomber & do all they can to sign him up for 2015-2017.
NO-MERCY
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 15 times

Postby Jim05 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:09 pm

I think everybody is reading too much into Hird's comments today. Bomber will coach to end of season definately, Hird will only be involved if Bomber asks him to play a role. The club has outlined this to Hird several months ago and was signed off by Hird.
As for next year it will be Hird or someone new, Bomber will stay and help if required but does not want to be senior coach ever again. He only came back at a crisis time to help the club he loves, was always only temporary
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby bennymacca » Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:13 pm

He indicated he was having second thoughts a few weeks ago did he not? So he might continue?
bennymacca
Coach

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:37 pm

Bomber Thompson is still a very good senior coach making the most out of an ordinary list

the Bombers should pay Hird out ad tell him to bugger off and make Thompson an offer he simply can not refuse
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11848 times
Been liked: 3601 times

Postby Jim05 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:49 pm

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Bomber Thompson is still a very good senior coach making the most out of an ordinary list

the Bombers should pay Hird out ad tell him to bugger off and make Thompson an offer he simply can not refuse

I dont think any offer would motivate him.
He is quite well off thanks to his business adventures so money isnt a big factor.
He didnt want to do it this year but wanted to help out the club. He doesnt want the daily hours and rigours of being a coach anymore and has other things to do with his time. Some people just dont want to be career coaches
Jim05
Coach

Postby kickinit » Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:26 pm

Jim05 wrote:I think everybody is reading too much into Hird's comments today. Bomber will coach to end of season definately, Hird will only be involved if Bomber asks him to play a role. The club has outlined this to Hird several months ago and was signed off by Hird.
As for next year it will be Hird or someone new, Bomber will stay and help if required but does not want to be senior coach ever again. He only came back at a crisis time to help the club he loves, was always only temporary

Thats if Hird is even allowed to coach expect infringement notices to be handed out by then.
We're on this journey together, One Heart, One Club and they will Never Ever Tear Us Apart.
kickinit
League - Top 5

Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 95 times

Postby stan » Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:06 pm

kickinit wrote:
Jim05 wrote:I think everybody is reading too much into Hird's comments today. Bomber will coach to end of season definately, Hird will only be involved if Bomber asks him to play a role. The club has outlined this to Hird several months ago and was signed off by Hird.

Thats if Hird is even allowed to coach expect infringement notices to be handed out by then.

If it comes to that with the players then it will get interesting for sure. At the moment though I wouldnt change anything. Just keep Hird out of the picture and sort it out over the off season. I think Essendon will probably go down this path anyway.
stan
Coach

Postby BoundaryRider84 » Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:09 pm

BREAKING NEWS: Essendon have stated that Hird will not have a thing to do with coaching either Match day or training in 2014. He will stay away and focus on 2015 when he becomes the senior coach again.
WE ARE GEELONG!
BoundaryRider84
League - Best 21

Has liked: 90 times
Been liked: 223 times

Postby stan » Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:14 pm

BoundaryRider84 wrote:BREAKING NEWS: Essendon have stated that Hird will not have a thing to do with coaching either Match day or training in 2014. He will stay away and focus on 2015 when he becomes the senior coach again.

lol - Shit that Stan bloke is good.
stan
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:01 pm

bennymacca
Coach

Postby valleys07 » Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:17 pm

bennymacca wrote:http://m.afl.com.au/news/2014-07-25/no-match-day-role-for-hird

Well amidst all the wrong things he has done over the past 2 years, at least he has done the right thing by stepping aside for the remainder of the year.

Whether that was the directive of the club or Hird's initiative- who knows, but the right call has been made.
“Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and green I wear suits and I'm awesome. I'm your bro—I'm Broda!”

HOGG Shield 2015 Division I Premiers.
HOGG Shield 2017 Premier League Premiers.
valleys07
Coach

Has liked: 767 times
Been liked: 1169 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Essendon 2014

Postby Jim05 » Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:43 pm

valleys07 wrote:
bennymacca wrote:http://m.afl.com.au/news/2014-07-25/no-match-day-role-for-hird

Well amidst all the wrong things he has done over the past 2 years, at least he has done the right thing by stepping aside for the remainder of the year.

Whether that was the directive of the club or Hird's initiative- who knows, but the right call has been made.

That call was made earlier in the season and Hird knew he would have no role unless Bomber asked, I believe Bomber wanted him to help out at trainings and on matchday as did the players so id suspect either Hird has decided to do the right thing or Gilligan has had a quite word to Little and the board have decided to not cause a fuss
Jim05
Coach

Postby valleys07 » Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:14 pm

Makes sense then Jim.

Either way, the right call was made which is good for Essendon.
“Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and green I wear suits and I'm awesome. I'm your bro—I'm Broda!”

HOGG Shield 2015 Division I Premiers.
HOGG Shield 2017 Premier League Premiers.
valleys07
Coach

Has liked: 767 times
Been liked: 1169 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Essendon 2014

Postby Jim05 » Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:27 am

Well atleast we know that drug is safe

http://m.theaustralian.com.au/sport/afl ... 7009295058

US Food and Drug Administration rules Essendon peptide safe to consume
CHIP LE GRAND
THE AUSTRALIAN
AUGUST 01, 2014 12:00AM
Print
Save for later
A CONTENTIOUS peptide at the centre of the Essendon doping scandal that prompted calls for the club’s captain to be stripped of his Brownlow Medal has been declared safe to consume by the US Food and Drug Administration.

FDA approval for AOD9604 to be added to food, drinks and dietary supplements will provide comfort to Essendon players who were administered the substance during the 2012 season. As ­recently as last month, Australian Anti-Doping Agency chief executive Ben McDevitt raised concerns about long-term health impacts.

The GRAS (Generally Recognised as Safe) status throws into question the World Anti-Doping Authority’s stated reason for declaring AOD9604 a banned substance: that it had not been approved for human use.

Andrew Garnham, a sports physician who last year advised Essendon on the safety and anti-doping status of AOD9604, said the FDA approval was based on information largely ­publicly available during the supplements saga.

“The fact that this process has taken place does add a level of comfort, particularly as people have continued to contend some of that information,’’ Dr Garnham told The Australian.

It was still prudent for Essendon and the AFL Players Association to monitor the health of players injected with other substances as part of the 2012 regime. “We still have to be mindful of the fact that concerns have been raised about other substances and I do not know with any level of certainly what was used and how much was used. We certainly still have to be guarded.’’

Essendon players are accused of taking a banned peptide, Thymosin Beta-4, as part of a supplements regime administered by sports scientist Stephen Dank.

The case against the players is on hold until the Federal Court decides the legality of a joint AFL-ASADA investigation into the club.

Until recently, AOD9604 was a key battleground between ­Essendon, the AFL and the anti-doping authorities.

WADA declared on April 22 last year — because the AOD9604 was not approved for therapeutic use — that it was a banned substance.

Yet, two weeks later, ASADA’s head of intelligence, Paul Simonson, told Essendon players and ­officials he would need “rocks in my head’’ to try to build a case against players based on use of AOD9604.

His view was consistent with that of AFL integrity officer Brett Clothier — as recalled by ­Essendon coach James Hird in his evidence to ASADA — when he told club officials on February 6, the day Essendon “self-reported’’ concerns about its supplements program, that ASADA wasn’t interested in AOD9604.

However, when Essendon captain Jobe Watson subsequently confirmed in a television interview what he had told ASADA ­investigators — that he believed he was administered with AOD9604 — it prompted calls for him to be stripped of his 2012 Brownlow Medal.

At least 18 Essendon players told ASADA they believed they were injected with AOD9604 or treated with a cream containing the substance.

In an interview on ABC Radio last month, Mr McDevitt said a prosecution based on AOD9604 would be unfair and most likely unsuccessful. He went on to des­cribe Essendon’s use of the drug as “grossly irresponsible’’.
Jim05
Coach

Postby daysofourlives » Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:43 pm

Give yourselves any chance tonight Jim?
Im tossing up wether to go safety at the line or load up on you 1-39.
I give you a real chance
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2423 times
Been liked: 1660 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL