Essendon

Talk on the national game

Re: Essendon 2014

Postby Booney » Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:47 am

A little while back I was sick and tired of this story. Now I'm completely absorbed by the Hird camp and their stance.

To say he signed something under duress and with the offer of inducements suggest, to me, that he happily took a bribe and has then admitted to it.

He was offered this, IMO, be the fall guy now and we'll sign you to two more years.

So the question is, if you didn't want to sign it Jim, why did you? Because the two more years meant it was going to be all about Jim until 2017.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7494 times
Been liked: 10781 times

Postby Jim05 » Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:17 am

Booney wrote:A little while back I was sick and tired of this story. Now I'm completely absorbed by the Hird camp and their stance.

To say he signed something under duress and with the offer of inducements suggest, to me, that he happily took a bribe and has then admitted to it.

He was offered this, IMO, be the fall guy now and we'll sign you to two more years.

So the question is, if you didn't want to sign it Jim, why did you? Because the two more years meant it was going to be all about Jim until 2017.

Not sure of a bribe but reckon he took a hit for the club which is why he was offered a free holiday and a contract extension. I keep hearing that the AFL was looking at de-registering the club or applying harsher penalties if the club didnt make an example of Hird so the sensible option was to be the fall guy. Like you I have no doubt that Hird and Little had an agreement where Hird cops it rather than the club. I think for once Hird hasnt made this about himself, he could of easily told the club to get effed and protect his own skin
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3553 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby bennymacca » Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:32 am

Booney wrote:A little while back I was sick and tired of this story. Now I'm completely absorbed by the Hird camp and their stance.

i was watching some of the opening submissions made by his lawyer on abc news 24. was really interesting. even my mate from brisbane who has no real interest in afl was interested.

the submissions were quite casual in a way. not in the professionalism of the people but that the judge and lawyer seemed like they could have been friends. which isnt really surprising but it was just very different to TV portrayals etc
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby JK » Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:16 am

Interesting that Demetriou was due to retire at the end of the 2014 season, yet conveniently brought that date forward
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4461 times
Been liked: 2988 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby bennymacca » Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:22 am

JK wrote:Interesting that Demetriou was due to retire at the end of the 2014 season, yet conveniently brought that date forward

Have definitely wondered that myself. Was told be better "retire" right now I would have thought
bennymacca
Coach

Postby JK » Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:26 am

bennymacca wrote:
JK wrote:Interesting that Demetriou was due to retire at the end of the 2014 season, yet conveniently brought that date forward

Have definitely wondered that myself. Was told be better "retire" right now I would have thought

Damage control measure for the AFL. Think most people suspected it all along.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:58 am

Jim has also mentioned Gills name in court also....
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11853 times
Been liked: 3601 times

Postby Jim05 » Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:19 pm

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Jim has also mentioned Gills name in court also....

Reckon Gilligan may have the shortest reign ever as AFL boss. Seems he was well up to his neck in this mess. Getting very murky now
Jim05
Coach

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:28 pm

a part of me wants Jim to win, just to see the complete fall out from AFL house
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:47 pm

Andruska getting grilled at the moment, barely treading water
Jim05
Coach

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Tue Aug 12, 2014 1:03 pm

fascinating getting the live feed via twitter
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Tue Aug 12, 2014 1:06 pm

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:fascinating getting the live feed via twitter

Via who?
bennymacca
Coach

Postby tipper » Tue Aug 12, 2014 2:05 pm

have to admit, i think im hooked on the tweets too. not that im barracking for one side or the other, but its like watching a train wreck in slo mo

Benny, on the News.com.au site they have a "live" stream of tweets on their article, seems to be updating pretty regularly (im not actually on twitter but im sure there are other sources too) looks like they have broken for lunch so there wont be any for an hour or so i think.

loved the halftime supercoach score update :lol:

edit: linky: http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/james- ... 7021368805
tipper
League - Top 5

Has liked: 359 times
Been liked: 531 times
Grassroots Team: Peake

Postby tigerpie » Tue Aug 12, 2014 2:08 pm

Jim05 wrote:
dedja wrote:Now Hird turns on the hand that feeds him.

You would have to think it's only a matter of time before Hird is sacked by Essendon.

Little should do the honourable thing and resign considering his actions, together with the Board, have cost the club millions.

The decision to give Hird a 2 year contract extension and to continue to pay him $1M pa when Essendon were dealt with sanctions last year was the height of stupidity.

Clearly Hird is all about Hird, and will endeavour to take everyone down with him.

I feel for genuine Essendon supporters.

How do you figure that?
Having listened to the majority of todays proceedings it seems he is going to take a few down with him and hopefully expose the AFL as the crooks they are. I sense that he knows he wont be back next year and now he can finally have his say in court he will let rip.

Jim, the AFL didn't inject the players, the club did under Hirds management.
THE END!
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 501 times
Been liked: 431 times

Postby Jim05 » Tue Aug 12, 2014 2:18 pm

tigerpie wrote:
Jim05 wrote:

You would have to think it's only a matter of time before Hird is sacked by Essendon.

Little should do the honourable thing and resign considering his actions, together with the Board, have cost the club millions.

The decision to give Hird a 2 year contract extension and to continue to pay him $1M pa when Essendon were dealt with sanctions last year was the height of stupidity.

Clearly Hird is all about Hird, and will endeavour to take everyone down with him.

How do you figure that?
Having listened to the majority of todays proceedings it seems he is going to take a few down with him and hopefully expose the AFL as the crooks they are. I sense that he knows he wont be back next year and now he can finally have his say in court he will let rip.

THE END!

And as ive said a million times, as long as the drugs were not banned I couldnt care if the players received 100 injections per day. As yet there is still no substantial evidence that any illegal drugs were given, my opinion will change if new evidence arises
Jim05
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Tue Aug 12, 2014 2:51 pm

Jim05 wrote:
tigerpie wrote:
Jim05 wrote:

How do you figure that?

THE END!

And as ive said a million times, as long as the drugs were not banned I couldnt care if the players received 100 injections per day. As yet there is still no substantial evidence that any illegal drugs were given, my opinion will change if new evidence arises

drug was not approved for human use at the time (it has since been deemed safe in the last week or so, thought that doesnt mean legal in the sporting context)
bennymacca
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Tue Aug 12, 2014 2:57 pm

tipper wrote:loved the halftime supercoach score update :lol:

edit: linky: http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/james- ... 7021368805

you are correct, the twitter feed is indeed fascinating.
bennymacca
Coach

Postby JK » Tue Aug 12, 2014 5:10 pm

Jim05 wrote:
tigerpie wrote:
Jim05 wrote:

How do you figure that?

THE END!

No substantial evidence that what the players were given was legal either, because the club either doesn't know or is unwilling to share what was in the jabs. The onus is on the club to prove themselves innocent rather than have to be proven guilty, and rightly so.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Tue Aug 12, 2014 5:12 pm

why shouldn't it be innocent till proven guilty
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Postby JK » Tue Aug 12, 2014 5:30 pm

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:why shouldn't it be innocent till proven guilty

Because having "unknown" substances being put into players is simply unacceptable.
FUSC
JK
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL