Essendon

Talk on the national game

Re: Essendon

Postby bennymacca » Tue Apr 12, 2016 11:19 am

MW wrote:
Booney wrote:
Spargo wrote:Word out of Melbourne is that James Hird is no longer living in the family home. Allegedly on his "study trip" to France last year, he's met up with a female in her early twenties and she is now pregnant.
Shed any light on this Jim?

The plot thickens.... :lol:

Hird would say he did not know what he was injecting her with

you win the forums today sir
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Jim05 » Tue Apr 12, 2016 11:46 am

Spargo wrote:Word out of Melbourne is that James Hird is no longer living in the family home. Allegedly on his "study trip" to France last year, he's met up with a female in her early twenties and she is now pregnant.

Old rumour that has been doing the rounds for about 4 months.
He definately has been spending a lot of time in France so perhaps it's true
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3553 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Corona Man » Tue Apr 12, 2016 11:53 am

^ mind you, IF you had the choice of a Melbourne winter, or a Parisian Summer.... which would you take?
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1279 times
Been liked: 3488 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby MW » Tue Apr 12, 2016 11:54 am

Corona Man wrote:^ mind you, IF you had the choice of a Melbourne winter, or a Parisian Summer.... which would you take?

You don't really need the seasons in there to compare the two mate :lol:
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2610 times
Been liked: 1850 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Apr 12, 2016 11:55 am

Jim05 wrote:

Old rumour that has been doing the rounds for about 4 months.
He definately has been spending a lot of time in France so perhaps it's true

Nice.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4346 times
Been liked: 7926 times

Postby bennymacca » Tue Apr 12, 2016 12:07 pm

bennymacca
Coach

Postby Rik E Boy » Tue Apr 12, 2016 12:54 pm

Corona Man wrote:^ mind you, IF you had the choice of a Melbourne winter, or a Parisian Summer.... which would you take?

Or a younger chick or Tanya for that matter....
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1698 times
Been liked: 1818 times

Postby Bombers4EVA » Wed Apr 13, 2016 2:23 pm

I just don't understand why some of the players are interested or looking into the possibility of using the grievance clause to leave Essendon. Especially when some of the players still have years in their contracts. Now I understand that the banned players would be feeling angry still at the club for what has happened. But as far as I know, they weren't held at gun point to take the injections and they could've not signed the waivers like some other players did. And they would be playing today. They aren't wholly responsible but they could've said no. I would've thought that Hooker, Hurley and even Heppell would be loyal and stick around. But with the AFL clubs circling around them throwing big $$$ at them. Their loyalty now could be questioned.
Bombers4EVA
League - Best 21

Has liked: 326 times
Been liked: 89 times

Postby Corona Man » Wed Apr 13, 2016 2:27 pm

Heppell would slide nicely into our mid-field in 2017. Regardless of how this season pans out, I would expect that the Hawks will move 1 or 2 on again. It sucks to be an Essendon fan (my son is one) right now, and yes, I think the sharks are circling some of your banned players.
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1279 times
Been liked: 3488 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby heater31 » Wed Apr 13, 2016 2:27 pm

Bombers4EVA wrote:I just don't understand why some of the players are interested or looking into the possibility of using the grievance clause to leave Essendon. Especially when some of the players still have years in their contracts. Now I understand that the banned players would be feeling angry still at the club for what has happened. But as far as I know, they weren't held at gun point to take the injections and they could've not signed the waivers like some other players did. And they would be playing today. They aren't wholly responsible but they could've said no. I would've thought that Hooker, Hurley and even Heppell would be loyal and stick around. But with the AFL clubs circling around them throwing big $$$ at them. Their loyalty now could be questioned.

It depends what the players believe they were told. Dank has admitted to supplying banned a substance to Nathan Bock at the Gold Coast. Dank maintains nothing was illegal at Essendon....yeah right the prick can't be trusted.
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby bennymacca » Wed Apr 13, 2016 2:37 pm

Bombers4EVA wrote:I just don't understand why some of the players are interested or looking into the possibility of using the grievance clause to leave Essendon. Especially when some of the players still have years in their contracts. Now I understand that the banned players would be feeling angry still at the club for what has happened. But as far as I know, they weren't held at gun point to take the injections and they could've not signed the waivers like some other players did. And they would be playing today. They aren't wholly responsible but they could've said no. I would've thought that Hooker, Hurley and even Heppell would be loyal and stick around. But with the AFL clubs circling around them throwing big $$$ at them. Their loyalty now could be questioned.

If you were told to take an ice bath and said no, or do some extra running and said no, do you think you would be looked on favourably?

Players want to leave because they were betrayed by the club
bennymacca
Coach

Postby Bombers4EVA » Wed Apr 13, 2016 2:38 pm

All I am saying about the players looking at other opportunities. Is, they didn't have to take the injections, no matter what they were told. If they didn't want to, they didn't have to. For example Zaka declined the injections and look what he is doing today. The players have to accept that they are responsible in the supplement saga to a certain degree. And to now come and take advantage of the grievance rule, what a load of crap.
Bombers4EVA
League - Best 21

Postby Bombers4EVA » Wed Apr 13, 2016 2:39 pm

bennymacca wrote:

If you were told to take an ice bath and said no, or do some extra running and said no, do you think you would be looked on favourably?

What a load of crap. Look at Zakarakis. He said no and look what he does with his time on the weekends. He's playing footy. Unlike the rest of the 12.
Bombers4EVA
League - Best 21

Postby daysofourlives » Wed Apr 13, 2016 2:45 pm

Didnt Zaka say no because he doesnt like needles or was that someone else? Would be very thankful for that little phobia right about now
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2423 times
Been liked: 1660 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby Grahaml » Wed Apr 13, 2016 2:47 pm

The players are absolutely responsible and the fact they seem to be unable to admit as much is my #1 gripe. However, they were also badly let down by their employer who not only allowed but encouraged unsafe and ultimately illegal activities to take place. Totally understandable they would want to leave. Not just because the trust might be damaged beyond repair but because the entire club's situation is totally different to a couple of years ago. Back then the club thought finals and premierships were a possibility. Now they're in total rebuild mode. The length and remuneration of the contracts should be looked at again even for those able to look past the betrayal and rather disgusting behaviour by their club.
Grahaml
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 169 times

Postby stan » Wed Apr 13, 2016 2:48 pm

I can understand it. The players are pissed off at the club.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1254 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby stan » Wed Apr 13, 2016 2:50 pm

Bombers4EVA wrote:
bennymacca wrote:

What a load of crap. Look at Zakarakis. He said no and look what he does with his time on the weekends. He's playing footy. Unlike the rest of the 12.

Who are you James Hird?

Although your keen to talk about the players taking some responsibility, you seem keen to push it all to the players. Thats already been done re: wada.

#standbyhird?
stan
Coach

Postby Bombers4EVA » Wed Apr 13, 2016 2:51 pm

stan wrote:

And I agree with you there. But they weren't held at gun point to take the injections. They still could of said no.
Bombers4EVA
League - Best 21

Postby stan » Wed Apr 13, 2016 2:53 pm

Bombers4EVA wrote:
stan wrote:

And I agree with you there. But they weren't held at gun point to take the injections. They still could of said no.

They could also of been told what they were been given as well.
stan
Coach

Postby Bombers4EVA » Wed Apr 13, 2016 3:02 pm

stan wrote:
Bombers4EVA wrote:
bennymacca wrote:

Who are you James Hird?

Although your keen to talk about the players taking some responsibility, you seem keen to push it all to the players. Thats already been done re: wada.

#standbyhird?

I am a vivid Essendon supporter. Born and bleed black and red. Always will. All I am saying is that the players agreed to the injections. Got banned for doing so. Are pi$$ed at EFC and are now considering using the "AFL get out of club card" and may look at accepting offers from other clubs. Are they totally at fault? No. Are they totally innocent? No.
Bombers4EVA
League - Best 21

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL