Jonathon trott Weak/scared ????

First Class Cricket Talk (International and State)

Jonathon trott Weak/scared ????

Postby UK Fan » Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:11 am

Jonathan Trott Ashes walkout was a con - Michael Vaughan

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/cricket/26608075
fester69 wrote: I'm full of "pish and wind" !!You can call me weak !!

MW wrote: Well call me a special asshole!.

Booney wrote: I'm a happy clapper **** stick.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Has liked: 1202 times
Been liked: 502 times

Re: Jonathon trott Weak/scared ????

Postby whufc » Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:16 am

Yep and think posters on here were absolutely blasted when they suggested he may have taken the easy option.

I would think with all Vaughans connection in the England side past and present he would be pretty spot on about this situation
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5588 times
Been liked: 2529 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby heater31 » Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:39 am

Well going by the first test scores he would have been dropped anyway.

See how he goes at the start of the county season with Warwickshire. By no means should he be a walk up starter for the English test summer, needs to force his way back in with performances.
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby Robran » Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:11 am

What a toss I heard marcus trethothic and the old open bowler who, s name escapes me are fuming with this, its my understanding thats both these guys were diagnosed with this illness which has such a sad affect on there lives and u have this muppet using it as a excuse because he was scared and a weak individual... also heard dont think he welcome back in the english rooms nor should he be imo.
GO THE COCKS
The mighty cocks 2018 premiers
Robran
League - Best 21

Has liked: 209 times
Been liked: 189 times

Postby UK Fan » Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:20 am

And they sacked Pieterson due to a lack of trust .

But trott who Went hiding after the first test of an ashes series Is Ok ????

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Postby Rik E Boy » Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:48 pm

Everyone's pointing the finger but

"But former New Zealand Test bowler Iain O'Brien, who suffered with anxiety issues throughout his career, completely disagreed with Vaughan's analysis.

"Any GP would have given Trott three weeks off work," O'Brien told BBC Radio 5 live Drive. "It just so happens that Trott's work was so much in the public eye that he becomes judged for it.

"For Michael Vaughan to use those lines and those words, it does make me feel quite ill."

We aren't him. He deserves the benefit of the doubt. If it is true and he can't play the quicks then his career is over anyway. Vaughan is almost as much as much a dial a quote as Boycott, Botham or Hussain (but maybe not Warner LOL).

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1698 times
Been liked: 1818 times

Postby UK Fan » Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:15 pm

Rik E Boy wrote:Everyone's pointing the finger but

"But former New Zealand Test bowler Iain O'Brien, who suffered with anxiety issues throughout his career, completely disagreed with Vaughan's analysis.

"Any GP would have given Trott three weeks off work," O'Brien told BBC Radio 5 live Drive. "It just so happens that Trott's work was so much in the public eye that he becomes judged for it.

"For Michael Vaughan to use those lines and those words, it does make me feel quite ill."

We aren't him. He deserves the benefit of the doubt. If it is true and he can't play the quicks then his career is over anyway. Vaughan is almost as much as much a dial a quote as Boycott, Botham or Hussain (but maybe not Warner LOL).

regards,

REB

Bollocks Ill give him the benefit of the doubt. You want to leave then leave . Just don't hide behind depression as an excuse as to why you left.

Disgraceful!!! man up and say I can't do this anymore and cop what's coming to you.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Postby The Sleeping Giant » Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:04 pm

whufc wrote:Yep and think posters on here were absolutely blasted when they suggested he may have taken the easy option.

I would think with all Vaughans connection in the England side past and present he would be pretty spot on about this situation

Did you read the article? People can only go by the facts given. Everyone was lead to believe it was depression issues, including Vaughan. Well done on knowing the exactly what was wrong with Trott at the time though. =D>
Cannabis is safer than alcohol
The Sleeping Giant
Coach

Has liked: 69 times
Been liked: 193 times

Postby The Sleeping Giant » Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:07 pm

Looks like the faux English are the only ones upset about this. ;)
Cannabis is safer than alcohol
The Sleeping Giant
Coach

Has liked: 69 times
Been liked: 193 times

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:36 pm

When I was 25 I went through a real scary time for probably 2-3 weeks where I pushed myself to the max and it was the most scariest time of my life. It was not depression however a depressive period and my lovely Partner helped me understand this (through her studies) and I got through it without medication. I would have taken medication if not for the education and that helped me a lot.

I will never have a go @ someone who perhaps thinks they have a mental illness because the one I had short term was very very scary and that was without thoughts of self harm.....

Shithouse to say that on a public forum. One thing to say "Scared eyes" but **** me what an ignorant comment.
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 740 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby UK Fan » Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:09 pm

The Sleeping Giant wrote:Looks like the faux English are the only ones upset about this. ;)

Michael Vaughn is faux English ???

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Postby Sharksta » Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:44 pm

I too have endured a period of mental illness.

It was diagnosed as an adjustment disorder. Central to this is a trigger which could be an event, a person, an occurrence etc which you fail to cope with at a time in life. I was a together, successful individual with no previous mental health issues. In not understanding what was occurring I didn't recognise what was going on until after I made a fortuitous unsuccessful attempt at self harm. A stint in hospital combined with ongoing education & counselling helped me through it. The outcome being that I'm back to being healthy, functioning, & someone who no-one would pick as having been where I've been.

Not all mental illness is a permanent disorder but that doesn't make it any less real when it occurs.

I would think that the ECB would have ensured that Trott received top notch support & help for his problems. I have no doubt that whatever he experienced was very real to him at the time & shouldn't be the source of judgement by others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sharksta
Rookie

Has liked: 479 times
Been liked: 68 times

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Wed Mar 19, 2014 2:43 am

UK Fan wrote:

regards,

REB

Bollocks Ill give him the benefit of the doubt. You want to leave then leave . Just don't hide behind depression as an excuse as to why you left.

Disgraceful!!! man up and say I can't do this anymore and cop what's coming to you.

Front up in front of your family and tell them the good coin ain't coming in no more and I'm not doing the job I have spent my life doing because "I'm not up to it no more". On top of this it appears he is having a tough period and not all of us are superman. He most likely feels like a failure and in a public forum.

I hope you don't go through this mate trust me it's not nice.
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Postby UK Fan » Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:40 am

LaughingKookaburra wrote:
UK Fan wrote:

regards,

REB

Front up in front of your family and tell them the good coin ain't coming in no more and I'm not doing the job I have spent my life doing because "I'm not up to it no more". On top of this it appears he is having a tough period and not all of us are superman. He most likely feels like a failure and in a public forum.

I hope you don't go through this mate trust me it's not nice.

Everyone's life isn't beer and skittles. And while I empathise trott was in a high pressured situation. The fact is a false diagnosis of mental illness was deliberately made publicly to mislead people. This would be a nonissue if the truth was told from the get go wouldn't it.

If the ecb said he was burnt out and needs time away from the game upfront this thread wouldn't exist.

This isn't about being non sensitive to mental issues. It's about a guy false claiming he had a mental issue FFS!!

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Postby whufc » Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:02 am

Yep personally I believe there is a massive difference between 'burn out' and a mental illness.
whufc
Coach

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:42 am

If it was sometimes only that easy guys.

My opinion still stands and I had an opinion similar to yours before I went through the mildest of situations.

Each to their own but very unfair IMO from Vaughn.
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Postby whufc » Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:12 am

LaughingKookaburra wrote:If it was sometimes only that easy guys.

My opinion still stands and I had an opinion similar to yours before I went through the mildest of situations.

Fair enough, honestly I think it was the timing which has brought so much criticism on Trott.

It's funny how people always suffer from 'burn out' when things aren't going so well for themselves.

Though proffesional cricketer is the one job which is analysed and assessed with clear statistical data on a day by day basis.
whufc
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:21 am

there arent too many jobs that are as high stress and as in the public eye as being a cricketer. imagine being at a point where your career could be terminated at any point, depending on your performance. i know that would be extremely stressful.

not sure what to make of the "fake" mental illness reports, but i think i am more inclined to give someone the benefit of the doubt in these circumstances. calling them weak etc is the sort of mentality that belongs in the 70s.
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Sharksta » Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:42 pm

LaughingKookaburra wrote:If it was sometimes only that easy guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sharksta
Rookie

Has liked: 479 times
Been liked: 68 times

Postby Trader » Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:56 pm

UK Fan wrote:This isn't about being non sensitive to mental issues. It's about a guy false claiming he had a mental issue FFS!!

x2
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

Next

Board index   Other Sports  Cricket