2014 - Ken Mcgregor medal Top 10 AFL spud award

Talk on the national game

Re: 2014 - Ken Mcgregor medal Top 10 AFL spud award

Postby Rik E Boy » Sun May 25, 2014 1:04 am

helicopterking wrote:Travis Varcoe. Never have I seen someone so scared of being tackled.

NOW LISTEN HERE MATE!

Agreed!

:oops:
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1698 times
Been liked: 1818 times

Postby whufc » Sun May 25, 2014 8:45 pm

helicopterking wrote:Travis Varcoe. Never have I seen someone so scared of being tackled.

Being tackled is something new to this bloke.

In juniors no one got any where near the bloke let alone lay a finger on him.

:lol:
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5591 times
Been liked: 2531 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Pag » Mon May 26, 2014 2:56 pm

whufc wrote:

I played with and against him for eight years and I reckon I could count on one hand the numbers of times I saw him tackled.

Top bloke too.
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 499 times

Postby whufc » Mon May 26, 2014 4:26 pm

Pag wrote:
whufc wrote:

I played with and against him for eight years and I reckon I could count on one hand the numbers of times I saw him tackled.

Top bloke too.

Yep agree!

Was probably the most dominant junior footballer I have ever seen, probably hurt his development a tad like when u see the giant kid dominate juniors but then comes back to the field in seniors when others bece just as big, strong and tough as them.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5591 times
Been liked: 2531 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby carey » Fri May 30, 2014 9:14 pm

Rhys Stanley doing his best to get a start.
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2809 times
Been liked: 2997 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby wristwatcher » Fri May 30, 2014 11:31 pm

Havent heard much from the 4 or 5 experts :lol: :lol: :lol: who put Cam Shenton on this list before he even had a chance. I'm not one to say I told you so but "I told ya so!!!"....Rated the Saints best tonight on Fox Footy. 8)
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 848 times

Postby daysofourlives » Sat May 31, 2014 8:25 am

wristwatcher wrote:Havent heard much from the 4 or 5 experts :lol: :lol: :lol: who put Cam Shenton on this list before he even had a chance. I'm not one to say I told you so but "I told ya so!!!"....Rated the Saints best tonight on Fox Footy. 8)

I think he is a fantastic supercoach player ;)
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2423 times
Been liked: 1660 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby wristwatcher » Sat May 31, 2014 10:39 am

daysofourlives wrote:
wristwatcher wrote:Havent heard much from the 4 or 5 experts :lol: :lol: :lol: who put Cam Shenton on this list before he even had a chance. I'm not one to say I told you so but "I told ya so!!!"....Rated the Saints best tonight on Fox Footy. 8)

I think he is a fantastic supercoach player ;)

That will mean a lot to him. Pretty sure that was his goal when he got drafted. :D
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Postby UK Fan » Tue Jun 03, 2014 4:25 pm

fester69 wrote: I'm full of "pish and wind" !!You can call me weak !!

MW wrote: Well call me a special asshole!.

Booney wrote: I'm a happy clapper **** stick.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Has liked: 1202 times
Been liked: 502 times

Postby wristwatcher » Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:40 pm

Geez that Melbourne sub had a shocker. Only a kid but looked horribly out of place
wristwatcher
Coach

Postby Failed Creation » Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:04 pm

I'll say it before, and I'll say it again: Tyrone Vickery is a lock for the Kenny B & F, and as soon as he is eligible, will go straight into the Kenny Hall of Fame with 'Legend' status.

This guy makes Richmond look worse than they are, and they're pretty shithouse right now.
Politicians kissing babies for good luck,
TV preachers sell salvation for a buck.
You don't need no golden cross to tell you wrong from right,
The world's worst murderers were those who saw the light.
Failed Creation
Coach

Has liked: 3307 times
Been liked: 613 times
Grassroots Team: Gawler Central

Postby Rik E Boy » Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:14 pm

Failed Creation wrote:I'll say it before, and I'll say it again: Tyrone Vickery is a lock for the Kenny B & F, and as soon as he is eligible, will go straight into the Kenny Hall of Fame with 'Legend' status.

This guy makes Richmond look worse than they are, and they're pretty shithouse right now.

How about this for last week's centre line.

FOLEY - EDWARDS - PETTERD

I don't think I've ever seen a worse one at AFL level.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Postby lutz » Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:25 am

wristwatcher wrote:Geez that Melbourne sub had a shocker. Only a kid but looked horribly out of place

Agreed. I was actually enjoying watching this game till this kid came on. Kennedy-Harris I think his name is. Not sure how he is getting a game ahead of Jimmy Toumpas.
lutz
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 16 times

Postby Rik E Boy » Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:40 pm

lutz wrote:
wristwatcher wrote:Geez that Melbourne sub had a shocker. Only a kid but looked horribly out of place

Agreed. I was actually enjoying watching this game till this kid came on. Kennedy-Harris I think his name is. Not sure how he is getting a game ahead of Jimmy Toumpas.

My lad is a Melbourne supporter so I watch the Demons every week. Kennedy Harris has had by far the better season in comparison to Toumpas. JKH has had an impact as a sub more often than not and has had a run in the midfield in a couple of games as well. He provides spark and can take a good mark although none of this would be apparent to the casual observer who witnessed his efforts against Collingwood.

Against the Pies he came on and dropped a sitter which led to a goal in what was a tight low scoring match. Paul Roos erred in my opinion by 'cooking' the lad and he went out there in the last quarter with his chin scraping along the ground.

As for Jimmy Toumpas I believe not only does he have no pace but he is just as slow with his decision making. Christian Salem has given him a year's start and has already gone by him. I severely doubt whether Jimmy can make it as an AFL player but Kennedy Harris can and that's why he gets a game ahead of Toumpas.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Postby Q. » Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:44 pm

JKH goes alright. Had a shocker on Monday, but the kid hasn't even played 10 games yet.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Rik E Boy » Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:48 pm

Q. wrote:JKH goes alright. Had a shocker on Monday, but the kid hasn't even played 10 games yet.

I reckon Roos got caught up in the moment. Normally he is holistic and as such he should have tried to pump up JKH rather than admonish him. When the smoke of battle cleared I'm sure on reflection that Roos would try a different approach because any spark that could have been provided by the sub was extinguished along with his confidence.

The decision to sub Jamar instead of Gawn was a strange one too, but not as strange as the decision not to allow that goal.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Postby Q. » Wed Jun 11, 2014 2:07 pm

The Vince goal that was called back? Dumb umpiring.

It's like when an umpire pays a 50m penalty but the team with the ball is already away and breaking the lines. Makes them take the free kick but meanwhile the opposition has had plenty of time to get numbers back. Dumb umpiring.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Footy Smart » Wed Jun 11, 2014 2:28 pm

Rik E Boy wrote:
lutz wrote:

My lad is a Melbourne supporter so I watch the Demons every week. Kennedy Harris has had by far the better season in comparison to Toumpas. JKH has had an impact as a sub more often than not and has had a run in the midfield in a couple of games as well. He provides spark and can take a good mark although none of this would be apparent to the casual observer who witnessed his efforts against Collingwood.

Against the Pies he came on and dropped a sitter which led to a goal in what was a tight low scoring match. Paul Roos erred in my opinion by 'cooking' the lad and he went out there in the last quarter with his chin scraping along the ground.

As for Jimmy Toumpas I believe not only does he have no pace but he is just as slow with his decision making. Christian Salem has given him a year's start and has already gone by him. I severely doubt whether Jimmy can make it as an AFL player but Kennedy Harris can and that's why he gets a game ahead of Toumpas.

regards,

REB

Agree with most of that REB, not sure id write young jimmy off just yet but JKH has been very good for a first year player and Salem look silky, just needs some poise which will come with game time.
Footy Smart
Coach

Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 118 times
Grassroots Team: Modbury

Postby Booney » Wed Jun 11, 2014 3:00 pm

Q. wrote:The Vince goal that was called back? Dumb umpiring.

It's like when an umpire pays a 50m penalty but the team with the ball is already away and breaking the lines. Makes them take the free kick but meanwhile the opposition has had plenty of time to get numbers back. Dumb umpiring.

IIRC the umpired blew "time off" as the Dees player ran around off his mark. He then handballed to Vince before the umpire had set the mark and called "time on".

So the umpire probably got it right by the letter of the law, probably got it wrong by the flow of the game. Either way Melbourne weren't going to win and it did not impact upon the result. Vince is thick if he thinks it did.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7494 times
Been liked: 10781 times

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Wed Jun 11, 2014 3:37 pm

Booney wrote:IIRC the umpired blew "time off" as the Dees player ran around off his mark. He then handballed to Vince before the umpire had set the mark and called "time on".

Shouldn't have blown time off, there was no need - he wasn't lining up for a shot at goal, and the umpire wasn't corrected his angle etc, so why blown Time Off?
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Has liked: 402 times
Been liked: 285 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL