The Umpiring was good.... wait. what?

Talk on the national game

Re: The Umpiring was good.... wait. what?

Postby gadj1976 » Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:06 pm

Jase wrote:
gadj1976 wrote:
Wedgie wrote:Umpiring atm is awesome compared to the SANFL. 10 years ago the SANFL was more atractive to watch than the AFL, its clearly the opposite now for footy fans.

there has been a massive transition from what we saw last year to this year. I'm putting that down to Mark Evans and the removal of Gieschen. Both elements have had an affect IMO.

Love watching the games now. I've only had to throw the remote at the TV 11 times this year, compared to 32 at the same time last year. Most of the 11 are Jeff Garlett, walkingintoanopengoal-related though.

Well I've thrown my remote more than you, Jarrad Waite, ******* muppet... :evil:

Yep, we're not good enough to be able to get the ball down there only to waste vital opportunities. I've stopped throwing my remote for instances where we miss set shots. Rather, I politely conduct a mini golf clap if we manage to squeeze one through the 7 metre gap between the big sticks. ie, not often.
gadj1976
Coach

Has liked: 796 times
Been liked: 850 times

Postby gadj1976 » Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:08 pm

gadj1976 wrote:The umpiring has been fantastic this week as well. I'm all for knocking them but this week has been a breath of fresh air. Yep, some frees missed but I can accept those, it's the ones like Lewis diving like he did that wasn't paid that makes the difference.

And just on that.... Lewis now says on afl.com.au that he's embarrassed for diving. HOORAY, it's working!!!!

My theory was - Don't pay free kicks to the divers, embarrass them by NOT paying a free kick! They'll change their ways.
gadj1976
Coach

Postby Pag » Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:52 pm

Waite's was just as bad, King's foot ended up nowhere near his chin.
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 499 times

Postby gadj1976 » Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:22 pm

Pag wrote:Waite's was just as bad, King's foot ended up nowhere near his chin.

Yep agreed. Milking free kicks has hopefully died. We'll just associate milking with the gieschen era.
gadj1976
Coach

Previous

Board index   Football  AFL