Clubs in strife

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Re: Clubs in strife

Postby Bombers4EVA » Thu Apr 10, 2014 3:14 pm

Phantom Gossiper wrote:
Bombers4EVA wrote:I played in a C grade game against Fitzroy a few years ago under lights at their ground. Atmosphere was huge and it was a good experience. But saying that, it does give the home club the advantage to drop B grade players into the c grade to improve their side. Especially for teams needing to win to play finals.

Was that when you were playing for Para Hills? ;)

Every club will do what they feel is needed to get the most success they can, if you can afford to have players playing below their ability and get away with it then good on you, dont see an issue with it.

Mate im pretty sure you may have the wrong person in mind. Never ever played for Para Hills. Have always been a 1 club player. Ask Riddler. He will vouch for me. :)
Bombers4EVA
League - Best 21

Has liked: 326 times
Been liked: 89 times

Postby Cohiba » Thu Apr 10, 2014 3:31 pm

Bombers4EVA wrote:This means you Bombers4eva :?

My apologies Footy Chick. When the topic says "Clubs in Strife" I thought mentioning the subject on Triple M yesterday arvo would be totally relevant as they were talking about the likes of Kilburn, Brahma Lodge and how they are struggling due to player movements ( because they are getting offered $$$ ) to play elsewhere. And all I was talking about was that the SAAFL would be a better place with a no payment to players terms. Thats all. :)[/quote]

Rather than $$$$, maybe some move on because there are too many wankers in he Club..... ;)
Cohiba
Reserves

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 41 times

Postby Bombers4EVA » Thu Apr 10, 2014 3:37 pm

Cohiba wrote:
Bombers4EVA wrote:This means you Bombers4eva :?

My apologies Footy Chick. When the topic says "Clubs in Strife" I thought mentioning the subject on Triple M yesterday arvo would be totally relevant as they were talking about the likes of Kilburn, Brahma Lodge and how they are struggling due to player movements ( because they are getting offered $$$ ) to play elsewhere. And all I was talking about was that the SAAFL would be a better place with a no payment to players terms. Thats all. :)

Rather than $$$$, maybe some move on because there are too many wankers in he Club..... ;)[/quote]

Yeah that is a good point too.
Bombers4EVA
League - Best 21

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Thu Apr 10, 2014 3:43 pm

Cohiba wrote:Rather than $$$$, maybe some move on because there are too many wankers in he Club..... ;)

*raises hand slowly* .... THAAAAATS MEEEEE! :D
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Has liked: 402 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby The Riddler » Thu Apr 10, 2014 3:43 pm

Phantom Gossiper wrote:
Bombers4EVA wrote:I played in a C grade game against Fitzroy a few years ago under lights at their ground. Atmosphere was huge and it was a good experience. But saying that, it does give the home club the advantage to drop B grade players into the c grade to improve their side. Especially for teams needing to win to play finals.

Every club will do what they feel is needed to get the most success they can, if you can afford to have players playing below their ability and get away with it then good on you, dont see an issue with it.

You blokes got me giggling as to who u think this is :lol:
The Riddler
League - Top 5

Has liked: 84 times
Been liked: 29 times

Postby Footy Chick » Thu Apr 10, 2014 3:54 pm

Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby Bombers4EVA » Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:11 pm

The Riddler wrote:
Phantom Gossiper wrote:

You blokes got me giggling as to who u think this is :lol:

Me too ha ha ha ha ha :D
Bombers4EVA
League - Best 21

Postby Mr Beefy » Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:13 pm

This is what I have learnt:
Posters from clubs that have big junior numbers say the other clubs need to invest in their juniors, 99% of same posters would have had nothing to do with developing their junior program just played there.
Clubs with big junior programs get better junior players, coaches and support because they are, unsurprisingly, more successful.
Clubs with small junior programs don't like their talented kids being poached by clubs with big junior programs
Bombers4eva thinks noone should get paid for playing
Salisbury are the only club in Australia that don't pay players, yet hand out cash at awards.
Footy Chick doesn't like it when he Clubs in Strife topic leads to posters talking about what gets clubs in strife
Brahma will get smashed in 2014
Kilburn will get smashed into oblivion
PAOC will take over Kilburn Oval *
Some people will leave a club because they have too many wankers - all clubs have too many wankers.

*may have not learnt that
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 406 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:17 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: IN TEARS!!!
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Postby heater31 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:18 pm

You forgot Mr Beefy that I don't like morning C grade games.....
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby The Riddler » Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:18 pm

Mr Beefy wrote:This is what I have learnt:
Posters from clubs that have big junior numbers say the other clubs need to invest in their juniors, 99% of same posters would have had nothing to do with developing their junior program just played there.
Clubs with big junior programs get better junior players, coaches and support because they are, unsurprisingly, more successful.
Clubs with small junior programs don't like their talented kids being poached by clubs with big junior programs
Salisbury are the only club in Australia that don't pay players, yet hand out cash at awards.
Footy Chick doesn't like it when he Clubs in Strife topic leads to posters talking about what gets clubs in strife
Some people will leave a club because they have too many wankers - all clubs have too many wankers.

=D> =D> =D>
The Riddler
League - Top 5

Has liked: 84 times
Been liked: 29 times

Postby Dogwatcher » Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:36 pm

You're off topic. I think. Somehow.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Mr Beefy » Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:48 pm

Dogwatcher wrote:

You're off topic. I think. Somehow.
just summarising the last 20 pages
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 406 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby Footy Chick » Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:01 pm

Yes, very good but slightly incorrect :lol:

Can everyone start talking about how much Rosewater are allegedly forking out this year and then we'll see how relevant Mr Beefy thinks it really is ;)
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby mickey » Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:05 pm

Mr Beefy wrote:PAOC will take over Kilburn Oval *

I think you will find that there is at least 1 other football club and a host of soccer clubs already working to move in when/if Kilburn fall over
mickey
Coach

Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 313 times
Grassroots Team: Seaton Ramblers

Postby johnny bravo » Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:12 pm

mickey wrote:

I think you will find that there is at least 1 other football club and a host of soccer clubs already working to move in when/if Kilburn fall over

Name Names
johnny bravo

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1 time

Postby johnny bravo » Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:13 pm

Footy Chick wrote:Yes, very good but slightly incorrect :lol:

Can everyone start talking about how much Rosewater are allegedly forking out this year and then we'll see how relevant Mr Beefy thinks it really is ;)

Was that Rosewater's Ex Coach on the radio going to town on Brahma & Kilburn just before? :lol:
johnny bravo

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1 time

Postby Footy Smart » Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:16 pm

johnny bravo wrote:
mickey wrote:

Name Names

Hasnt one already organised to play there on the odd weeks (non Kilburn A grade games)?
Footy Smart
Coach

Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 118 times
Grassroots Team: Modbury

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:17 pm

johnny bravo wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:Yes, very good but slightly incorrect :lol:

Was that Rosewater's Ex Coach on the radio going to town on Brahma & Kilburn just before? :lol:

What did he have to say?
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Postby Cohiba » Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:18 pm

Usually correlates with the amount of $$$$ spent..... :)
Cohiba
Reserves

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 41 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League