Round 1- Norwood v Port @ Norwood Post Match

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: Round 1- Norwood v Port @ Norwood Post Match

Postby kickinit » Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:08 pm

topsywaldron wrote:
Macca19 wrote:Lack of forward line cost us as expected. Midfield was a lot poorer in getting the ball out of stoppages and delivering it than I expected. Oh well. Guess the doomsdayers were wrong.

No, the fact that Port people don't care the Magpies lost is proof the doomsayers were spot on.

I'm a port person and I care that we lost, so your post is now void. Nice try at being a troll though.
We're on this journey together, One Heart, One Club and they will Never Ever Tear Us Apart.
kickinit
League - Top 5

Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 95 times

Postby gadj1976 » Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:09 pm

To save keystrokes can we call the power reserves the 'preserves'?
gadj1976
Coach

Has liked: 795 times
Been liked: 849 times

Postby The Sleeping Giant » Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:12 pm

PhilH wrote:- The crowd at Coopers Stadium East at Norwood (as opposed to Coopers Stadium West at Hindmarsh) was 6,354. (Thanks Big Phil)

Recent Norwood v Port night crowds at the Parade

2013 Round 1 - 7,750 (Easter Thursday Night)

2013 Round 18 - 4,197

2012 Round 18 - 6,050

2011 - Round 8 - 7,298

2010 - Round 5 - 6,665

So given it was a school night & on live TV for the first time, I think officials would be happy with the turn up.

On the other hand, unprecedented media coverage compared to the last decade (although hugely one sided), perfect weather and the "excitement" of AFL teams in the SANFL.

Just think, when the "novelty" wears off and the fence sitters realize the SANFL is now a farcical competition what the crowds will be like.
Cannabis is safer than alcohol
The Sleeping Giant
Coach

Has liked: 69 times
Been liked: 193 times

Postby Gozu » Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:15 pm

Very convincing win by the Legs.

Panos got the RAA player of the day, commercial TV!

I would think 6,324 was a very good crowd given it was on live TV in primetime.
"The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment" – Warren Bennis
Gozu
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 659 times

Postby Ted E Bear » Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:16 pm

I would say Port will delist a lot of players that played tonight. They were awful and shown up big time. Who seriously could hold their head up that was on the Power list tonight? Name them
Ted E Bear
Under 16s

Been liked: 13 times

Postby Ted E Bear » Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:17 pm

My votes
3 McGuinness
2 Panos
1 Gray
Ted E Bear
Under 16s

Postby PhilH » Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:21 pm

A positive spin on a drop off of 15% on the corresponding fixture from last year is a big ask.

Well done on giving it a crack though.

Ok - well based on last year's figures it would have been the 2nd highest crowd of the entire 2013 minor round, only behind the Rd 1 Norwood v Port crowd.

Last year's game was NOT on a school night and NOT live on free TV. Throw in the all the negativity about AFL Reserves and I was expecting a LOT lower.
PhilH
League - Top 5

Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 163 times
Grassroots Team: Happy Valley

Postby Wolf Pack » Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:22 pm

3. Renouf
2. Slattery
1. O'Shea
Wolf Pack
Under 16s

Been liked: 31 times
Grassroots Team: Flinders Park

Postby Ted E Bear » Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:24 pm

When preservers play crows it will have to be transferred to Adelaide Oval to fit the crowd in that will come to watch the clash of Renouf and Angus Graham. No football follower will want to miss that.
Ted E Bear
Under 16s

Round 1- Norwood v Port @ Norwood Post Match

Postby Jim05 » Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:28 pm

Ted E Bear wrote:I would say Port will delist a lot of players that played tonight. They were awful and shown up big time. Who seriously could hold their head up that was on the Power list tonight? Name them

Your AFL side is very good and a real chance of finishing top 4 with a good run of injuries but your depth isnt great. Who out if that side tonight is AFL standard? Neade looks the most skilled but tries to do a bit too much and is fairly soft, Renouf, Logan, Hitchcock, Mitchell, O'Shea and Stewart are list cloggers and Colquhoun will turn out alright when he gets a little more compossure.
Clurey was lucky Juice didnt have his kicking boots on, was given a bath tonight
Thought there were a few goers in the early game, can these AFL guys be dropped?
Last edited by Jim05 on Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby The Sleeping Giant » Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:28 pm

PhilH wrote:
A positive spin on a drop off of 15% on the corresponding fixture from last year is a big ask.

Well done on giving it a crack though.

Ok - well based on last year's figures it would have been the 2nd highest crowd of the entire 2013 minor round, only behind the Rd 1 Norwood v Port crowd.

Last year's game was NOT on a school night and NOT live on free TV. Throw in the all the negativity about AFL Reserves and I was expecting a LOT lower.

That's hilarious. All that negative publicity in the media must have really held people back. Not talking to your fellow media muppets now Phil.
Cannabis is safer than alcohol
The Sleeping Giant
Coach

Has liked: 69 times
Been liked: 193 times

Postby Ted E Bear » Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:28 pm

Colquhoun was pretty average tonight too. Got a few cheap kicks across half back but no real effect on the game. He is in the betting for the AFL rising star.
Hitchcock is reserves reserves standard. Wont play another AFL game
Neade flash in the pan, wont play another AFL game.
Renouf looked like he was plucked from the Hills
Ted E Bear
Under 16s

Postby Ted E Bear » Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:29 pm

I think a few of these AFL listed players need to go back to port districts or henley beach. Surely they can be dropped
Ted E Bear
Under 16s

Postby norwood8 » Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:34 pm

kickinit wrote:. I thought we had a better deal with the umps but seriously they are shocking. Bring on the bays next week, we'll be better then we where tonight.

I thought (and the others around me) the umpires were pretty good, made some mistakes but didn't get sucked into paying the BS iffy decisions you see in the AFL.
norwood8
Under 18s

Has liked: 85 times
Grassroots Team: OSB Lonsdale

Postby Dutchy » Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:36 pm

Port Magpies players are playing in a team they dont want to be in but also cant get dropped from!
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby Ted E Bear » Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:36 pm

I thought the umps let it go to much, so many ballups. So many tackles and no holding the ball. It wasted so much time. Hence the low score
Ted E Bear
Under 16s

Postby Aerie » Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:40 pm

Went out for a look, curious what this "new era for SANFL football" would look like (sorry Topsy)...

Looked much the same - Norwood a far superior side to Port, as they have been for a number of years now. Crowd was great and The Parade always a great place to watch football.

It was good footy by Norwood, they moved the ball fast and hopefully this is a sign that the style of play in the SANFL has caught on to the quick ball movement of the AFL, while still maintaining the tough tackling etc. Newton looks promising (and exciting) up forward.

I dislike Norwood and Port, but was glad to see the true SANFL club win. Can't wait to watch the Eagles without any AFL influence and will keep an eye on the AFL Reserves teams, hoping they get beaten by the SANFL clubs to prove how strong the competition is.
Aerie
Coach

Has liked: 147 times
Been liked: 503 times

Postby kickinit » Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:42 pm

Dutchy wrote:Port Magpies players are playing in a team they dont want to be in but also cant get dropped from!

and how do you know this?
We're on this journey together, One Heart, One Club and they will Never Ever Tear Us Apart.
kickinit
League - Top 5

Has liked: 38 times

Postby topsywaldron » Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:45 pm

PhilH wrote:

I have total respect your passion for the SANFL Phil and you've done a sh*t load more than me in encouraging people to attend and follow it. No argument there. I do however suspect that even you, in your heart of hearts, know that trying to connect SANFL clubs with their local communities, the only constituency that will sustain them through the decades, will become almost impossible with the inclusion of the 2 new teams.
'People are not stupid. They know when they are being conned. And two reserves teams operating in a League competition will reduce it to a farce, a competition without a soul.'

Dion Hayman 24th July 2013
topsywaldron
Veteran

Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 218 times

Postby topsywaldron » Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:47 pm

kickinit wrote:
topsywaldron wrote:
Macca19 wrote:Lack of forward line cost us as expected. Midfield was a lot poorer in getting the ball out of stoppages and delivering it than I expected. Oh well. Guess the doomsdayers were wrong.

No, the fact that Port people don't care the Magpies lost is proof the doomsayers were spot on.

I'm a port person and I care that we lost, so your post is now void. Nice try at being a troll though.

You'd be in a very small minority. Well done .

Btw I don't troll supporters of reseves teams, I do have standards you know.
Last edited by topsywaldron on Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
'People are not stupid. They know when they are being conned. And two reserves teams operating in a League competition will reduce it to a farce, a competition without a soul.'

Dion Hayman 24th July 2013
topsywaldron
Veteran

Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 218 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL