The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: The 2014 season no AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Postby Dutchy » Sun Apr 13, 2014 5:57 pm

2 crowds under 2k in Round 2 and Crows fans refusing to support their Reserves, not looking good for the comp.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3484 times

Postby LPH » Sun Apr 13, 2014 6:10 pm

Unsurprising to many on here. 8)
Wonder how the Media will report it? :roll:
Stephen Trigg & Rob Chapman are SA Football Patriots
LPH
League - Best 21

Has liked: 541 times
Been liked: 326 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby kickinit » Sun Apr 13, 2014 6:21 pm

Dutchy wrote:2 crowds under 2k in Round 2 and Crows fans refusing to support their Reserves, not looking good for the comp.

plenty of games last year with crowds under 2k.
We're on this journey together, One Heart, One Club and they will Never Ever Tear Us Apart.
kickinit
League - Top 5

Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 95 times

Postby Dutchy » Sun Apr 13, 2014 6:23 pm

kickinit wrote:
Dutchy wrote:2 crowds under 2k in Round 2 and Crows fans refusing to support their Reserves, not looking good for the comp.

In the middle of winter yes, not in perfect weather when hope is high amongst all clubs.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby whufc » Sun Apr 13, 2014 6:35 pm

Dutchy wrote:
kickinit wrote:

In the middle of winter yes, not in perfect weather when hope is high amongst all clubs.

Yep we will be getting sub 1k crowds by July and when teams years are over
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby carey » Sun Apr 13, 2014 6:44 pm

What concessions did Port get that the crows didn't? I keep reading that but I honestly have no idea what the concessions were.
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2796 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby daysofourlives » Sun Apr 13, 2014 6:57 pm

carey wrote:What concessions did Port get that the crows didn't? I keep reading that but I honestly have no idea what the concessions were.

Able to keep League footballers from last year, crows were unable to sign anyone that played League football in last 18 months, thats just one
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2415 times
Been liked: 1657 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby carey » Sun Apr 13, 2014 6:59 pm

daysofourlives wrote:
carey wrote:What concessions did Port get that the crows didn't? I keep reading that but I honestly have no idea what the concessions were.

Able to keep League footballers from last year, crows were unable to sign anyone that played League football in last 18 months, thats just one

Mmmm ok well that does seem weird. That doesn't really make sense I'd like to here the SANFL's reasoning behind that.
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2796 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby johntheclaret » Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:00 pm

carey wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:

Mmmm ok well that does seem weird. That doesn't really make sense I'd like to here the SANFL's reasoning behind that.

Wouldn't we all
johntheclaret
Coach

Has liked: 409 times
Been liked: 580 times

Postby whufc » Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:01 pm

carey wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:

I wonder how long it will be until the Crows whinge they didn't get the same allowances as the Power and the SANFL bend over and let them recruit who they want.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby RB » Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:42 pm

My whinge this evening relates to the Crows' failure to stick by their word and promote the SANFL competition in even the most basic way.

I was at the Crows v Swans game at Adelaide Oval last Saturday, the day before the Crows Reserves' SANFL debut at Prospect. I would think that that would have been the perfect opportunity to promote the SANFL match, given that probably 1% of the 47,000 Crows fans would have known the match was on. By promote, I mean simply devoting 10 seconds of videoscreen time during the match, e.g.:

Tomorrow 2.10 p.m.
NORTH v CROWS
Prospect Oval, Menzies Crescent, Prospect
Free entry for Crows members, get the ^&*$ down there.

I realise few Crows fans were likely to attend a reserves game, but surely letting them know it was on was worthwhile? If I were a North Adelaide official, I would be pretty pissed off that the Crows couldn't get their act together and whack up a 10 second promotion on the videoscreen.

I don't know if it's incompetence or apathy on the Crows' part, but their failure to make even the slightest effort is an indictment of the people running that club. It's little wonder so few Crows fans rocked up yesterday. The same goes for the Power if they haven't done some basic promotion as well.

Rant done.
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
RB
Coach

Has liked: 759 times
Been liked: 1073 times

Postby spell_check » Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:55 pm

There were no games under 2k until Round 5 last year:
spell_check
Coach

Has liked: 45 times
Been liked: 178 times

Postby Tassie Blues » Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:58 pm

RB wrote:My whinge this evening relates to the Crows' failure to stick by their word and promote the SANFL competition in even the most basic way.

I was at the Crows v Swans game at Adelaide Oval last Saturday, the day before the Crows Reserves' SANFL debut at Prospect. I would think that that would have been the perfect opportunity to promote the SANFL match, given that probably 1% of the 47,000 Crows fans would have known the match was on. By promote, I mean simply devoting 10 seconds of videoscreen time during the match, e.g.:

Tomorrow 2.10 p.m.
NORTH v CROWS

I realise few Crows fans were likely to attend a reserves game, but surely letting them know it was on was worthwhile? If I were a North Adelaide official, I would be pretty pissed off that the Crows couldn't get their act together and whack up a 10 second promotion on the videoscreen.

I don't know if it's incompetence or apathy on the Crows' part, but their failure to make even the slightest effort is an indictment of the people running that club. It's little wonder so few Crows fans rocked up yesterday. The same goes for the Power if they haven't done some basic promotion as well.

Rant done.

I wonder if anyone from North called the crows the week before the game and asked about some cross promotion at the AFL game?

AFC were promoting the game and free members entry on social media.
Tassie Blues
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 13 times
Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

Postby Wedgie » Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:19 pm

I too was at Adelaide Oval and I'm an Adelaide Oval Football member and nothing was promoted and we can get in free too.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2021 times
Been liked: 3863 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby sjt » Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:24 pm

Tassie Blues wrote:
RB wrote:My whinge this evening relates to the Crows' failure to stick by their word and promote the SANFL competition in even the most basic way.

Tomorrow 2.10 p.m.
NORTH v CROWS

Rant done.

I wonder if anyone from North called the crows the week before the game and asked about some cross promotion at the AFL game?

AFC were promoting the game and free members entry on social media.

Good effort, worked well.
sjt
League - Best 21

Has liked: 118 times
Been liked: 59 times

Postby CUTTERMAN » Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:40 pm

Maybe a stupid question. I've noticed at both Adelaide SANFL games so far there's a scissor lift with a camera at one end of the ground filming the game. I'm guessing that this is Adelaide's people filming and the footage isn't open to the host club. I'm also guessing that Adelaide pay for this and not the host club. Anyone know?
Phil Herden? Any ideas?
'PAFC don't want any advantages in the SANFL. It would only take away from any achievements we earned.'
Keith Thomas ABC 891 Radio, 21/6/14.
CUTTERMAN
League - Top 5

Has liked: 213 times
Been liked: 124 times

Postby RB » Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:16 pm

Tassie Blues wrote:

Tomorrow 2.10 p.m.
NORTH v CROWS

Rant done.

Part of the reserves team deal was that the Crows would undertake to promote the matches.
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
RB
Coach

Has liked: 759 times
Been liked: 1073 times

Postby Dutchy » Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:15 am

Adelaide FC on twitter tonight - We want more Crows fans to attend our #SANFL games but 3500 at Unley was still among the biggest crowds at the ground in recent seasons
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby CUTTERMAN » Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:29 am

What a crock of $hit. 3500 would be an average to reasonable crowd at Unley. A good crowd would be 4500-5000.
I'm sick of how these two AFL clubs and the AFL as a whole corrupt facts and figures to spin bull$hit.
Anyone who was at Unley on Saturday would tell you that there'd be lucky to be 500 Adelaide supporters there and that'd be counting the supporters with both Adelaide and Sturt clobber on.
'PAFC don't want any advantages in the SANFL. It would only take away from any achievements we earned.'
Keith Thomas ABC 891 Radio, 21/6/14.
CUTTERMAN
League - Top 5

Has liked: 213 times
Been liked: 124 times

Postby Jimmy » Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:55 am

CUTTERMAN wrote:What a crock of $hit. 3500 would be an average to reasonable crowd at Unley. A good crowd would be 4500-5000.
I'm sick of how these two AFL clubs and the AFL as a whole corrupt facts and figures to spin bull$hit.
Anyone who was at Unley on Saturday would tell you that there'd be lucky to be 500 Adelaide supporters there and that'd be counting the supporters with both Adelaide and Sturt clobber on.

Agreed. Your last comment scares me. Both clubs gear on? *facepalm*
Carn the blues!!!!!
Jimmy
Coach

Has liked: 125 times
Been liked: 44 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL