The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: The 2014 season no AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Postby Apachebulldog » Sun Apr 27, 2014 3:53 pm

http://m.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/afl/f ... 6708613965

To those that still cannot fathom and comprehend that there are two new AFL sides in the SANFL competition i have linked a little snippet from last year regarding the death of the Magpies.

I hope some of you in cyber land who have their heads buried in the sand are able to read digest and comprehend this factual information and somehow realise the we now UNFORTUNATELY have a POWER RESERVES team and also a Crows RESERVES team in the SANFL.
SANFL 2000 - 2011 Central District 12 consecutive Grand Final appearances and 9 Premierships.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFFFFFFFFFF.

Hit em hard let them get up and hit em again.
Apachebulldog
League - Best 21

Has liked: 381 times
Been liked: 115 times

Postby dedja » Sun Apr 27, 2014 3:56 pm

Good article but unfortunately slightly out of context as the current Port Reserves setup wasn't announced at that point.
It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt
dedja
Coach

Has liked: 157 times
Been liked: 972 times

Postby Apachebulldog » Sun Apr 27, 2014 3:59 pm

Yes but gist of the story is the real Magpies are gone dead deceased passed away kaput really do not exist nada and their is new kid in town yah man
SANFL 2000 - 2011 Central District 12 consecutive Grand Final appearances and 9 Premierships.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFFFFFFFFFF.

Hit em hard let them get up and hit em again.
Apachebulldog
League - Best 21

Has liked: 381 times
Been liked: 115 times

Postby Tech1 » Sun Apr 27, 2014 4:39 pm

Tech1 wrote:Is there any port people on here that can look at this objectively? Surely having 18 or so guys to pick from an afl list is a good enough advantage in itself? You don't need to have the other top up players being high quality SANFL players. If you take away those guys you have you're still in the top 3 imho.

Notice no port people have answered this yet
Tech1
Rookie

Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 27 times

Postby mal » Sun Apr 27, 2014 4:49 pm

I think I can sum it up this way
From the people I've talked to about Port Reserves being 1870-2013 or 1870-2014+

NON PORT BARRACKERS
About 95% say Port Reserves is a new team in the SANFL

PORT BARRACKERS
About 50% say Port 2014 are still Port Adelaide 1870+

I say its a new team
All past records from 1870-2013 should be put in the archives

Just one more observation
Crows barrackers accept that the Crows reserves is the Crows reserve team in the SANFL
Why don't Port barrackers ?
mal
Coach

Has liked: 1138 times
Been liked: 892 times

Postby LMA » Sun Apr 27, 2014 5:50 pm

mal wrote:I think I can sum it up this way
From the people I've talked to about Port Reserves being 1870-2013 or 1870-2014+

NON PORT BARRACKERS

PORT BARRACKERS

I say its a new team

Crows barrackers accept that the Crows reserves is the Crows reserve team in the SANFL

Well what else could they be ?

The Power isn't just a idea concocted in Max Basheer's pool room. They are a push from the most successful SA football club to expand into the highest comp in the land (crows fans can thank them for that) to say they should abort their history is garbage. Magpies, Power, Wharfies, Scumbags or whatever the nickname they are all products of the PAFC and it's history. Call it Power reserves if you want, it's still the PAFC.
LMA
Coach

Has liked: 387 times
Been liked: 714 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby PatowalongaPirate » Sun Apr 27, 2014 6:04 pm

LMA wrote:

NON PORT BARRACKERS

PORT BARRACKERS

I say its a new team

The Power isn't just a idea concocted in Max Basheer's pool room. They are a push from the most successful SA football club to expand into the highest comp in the land (crows fans can thank them for that) to say they should abort their history is garbage. Magpies, Power, Wharfies, Scumbags or whatever the nickname they are all products of the PAFC and it's history. Call it Power reserves if you want, it's still the PAFC.

Just like the the Crows reserves are still the AFC.
safooty Melbourne Cup Day Tipping Champion 2018 & 2019 #Back2Back
2018 safooty NFL Tipping Champion
PatowalongaPirate
2022 SA Footy Punter of the Year

Has liked: 444 times
Been liked: 1209 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby whufc » Sun Apr 27, 2014 6:28 pm

PatowalongaPirate wrote:
LMA wrote:

NON PORT BARRACKERS

PORT BARRACKERS

I say its a new team

Just like the the Crows reserves are still the AFC.

Yep it makes me laugh,

I love the Crows were a just a max basheer concept etc etc

Ummm at some point Port were just concept of some bloke and his tobacco pipe
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby westcoastpanther » Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:48 pm

Just for the Port Magpie believers like kickinit, please give your opinion on this. When all the other clubs finish 2014 and the hunt for new recruits is on, will the Port Magpies be doing same? No, they do't need to, they will already have their list assembled for them every year, bar a few. This to me makes it quite clear they are different from the rest, and are not the old Magpies. Will they even have EP as a zone next year?

Maggies are gone
Hi, My name is Ron 'Bluey' Dunn. Did you know I played in the 61 & 62 Tasman Premiership sides....
westcoastpanther
Coach

Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 150 times
Grassroots Team: Boston

Postby Dols » Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:31 pm

westcoastpanther wrote:Just for the Port Magpie believers like kickinit, please give your opinion on this. When all the other clubs finish 2014 and the hunt for new recruits is on, will the Port Magpies be doing same? No, they do't need to, they will already have their list assembled for them every year, bar a few. This to me makes it quite clear they are different from the rest, and are not the old Magpies. Will they even have EP as a zone next year?

Maggies are gone
Norwood and west won't be because they cheated
Dols
Reserves

Has liked: 332 times
Been liked: 51 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby heater31 » Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:38 pm

westcoastpanther wrote:Just for the Port Magpie believers like kickinit, please give your opinion on this. When all the other clubs finish 2014 and the hunt for new recruits is on, will the Port Magpies be doing same? No, they do't need to, they will already have their list assembled for them every year, bar a few. This to me makes it quite clear they are different from the rest, and are not the old Magpies. Will they even have EP as a zone next year?

Maggies are gone

My mail is North and Centrals fighting over the zone.......
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1259 times

Postby kickinit » Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:51 pm

Maggies are gone

We could lose all of our top players and our academy side as well. It could see Port on the hunt for more players then other SANFL clubs.
We're on this journey together, One Heart, One Club and they will Never Ever Tear Us Apart.
kickinit
League - Top 5

Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 95 times

Postby westcoastpanther » Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:57 pm

kickinit wrote:

Maggies are gone

We could lose all of our top players and our academy side as well. It could see Port on the hunt for more players then other SANFL clubs.

No, you will just be like the Crows are this year, maybe next year it will become clearer for you.

First time I've bothered to wade into the debate, I can now feel everyone's pain with you...
Hi, My name is Ron 'Bluey' Dunn. Did you know I played in the 61 & 62 Tasman Premiership sides....
westcoastpanther
Coach

Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 150 times
Grassroots Team: Boston

Postby Jim05 » Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:01 pm

Dols wrote:

Maggies are gone

As did Port.
We have served our ban
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Dols » Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:26 pm

Jim05 wrote:
Dols wrote:

Maggies are gone

As did Port.
We have served our ban
only because you let the crows in the comp!
Dols
Reserves

Postby Jim05 » Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:31 pm

Dols wrote:
Jim05 wrote:
Dols wrote:

Maggies are gone

As did Port.
We have served our ban

No, our recruiting ban ends this year.
We were allowed to recruit 2 this year to cover the two we lost to the Crows just as every other club was. We were still banned from recruiting others
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby kickinit » Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:11 pm

westcoastpanther wrote:
kickinit wrote:

Maggies are gone

No, you will just be like the Crows are this year, maybe next year it will become clearer for you.

First time I've bothered to wade into the debate, I can now feel everyone's pain with you...

So your saying that all of our 15 top up players and all of the players in our academy team will be playing in 2015?
We're on this journey together, One Heart, One Club and they will Never Ever Tear Us Apart.
kickinit
League - Top 5

Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 95 times

Postby Dols » Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:29 pm

Jim05 wrote:
Dols wrote:
Jim05 wrote:
Dols wrote:[quote="westcoastpanther"]Just for the Port Magpie believers like kickinit, please give your opinion on this. When all the other clubs finish 2014 and the hunt for new recruits is on, will the Port Magpies be doing same? No, they do't need to, they will already have their list assembled for them every year, bar a few. This to me makes it quite clear they are different from the rest, and are not the old Magpies. Will they even have EP as a zone next year?

Maggies are gone

As did Port.
We have served our ban

No, our recruiting ban ends this year.
We were allowed to recruit 2 this year to cover the two we lost to the Crows just as every other club was. We were still banned from recruiting others[/quote]yep all other clubs were free to recruit new players but your club got away from your ban and was allowed to recruit players because you sold your soul.
Dols
Reserves

Postby Dogwatcher » Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:05 am

Dutchy wrote:
dedja wrote:Aldinga are getting more media exposure than the SANFL at the moment ... FFS.

Wankers.

Last 2 clubs to get this much exposure were Callington and Port Elliott, both no longer exist

I was going to make almost that exact point - except I was going to say Port Elliot and Morgan.
Those two teams played an 'exhibition game' so everyone could laugh at how shit they were, neither club exists any more (although the Bloods do in name - with Goolwa).
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Dutchy » Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:35 am

I believe Darcey Bailey played for the Crows Reserves in Round 2 of the SANFL, then last Friday he lined up for Glenelg's League team.

As if the comp wasn't compromised enough, we now have players playing for different clubs in the same comp from week to week! FFS
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL