The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: The 2014 season no AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Postby topsywaldron » Thu May 15, 2014 11:12 am

kickinit wrote:you can call us what ever you like. At the end of the day we are the PAFC and we don't give a crap what you think.

No worries, I'll disregard the opinions of someone who played nearly 300 games for the Magpies and who is vehemently opposed to the new team being called the Magpies.

But you just keep repeating your infantile babble ad nauseam, I'm sure someone somewhere thinks it's meaningful.
'People are not stupid. They know when they are being conned. And two reserves teams operating in a League competition will reduce it to a farce, a competition without a soul.'

Dion Hayman 24th July 2013
topsywaldron
Veteran

Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 218 times

Postby Maddawg » Thu May 15, 2014 11:30 am

The agreement between the SANFL and AFL reserves is a claytons agreement. It is a 15 year agreement that can be made void by both parties with 12 months notice, why have a 15 year agreement, technically its a 12 month agreement if at anytime you can call it quits by either party. Secondly at the end of each year the conditions or guidlines can be reviewed and changed, which I dont think there is doubt in anyones mind this will happen at the end of thsi year.

Its unfortunate we talk about how the Power and Crows will become weaker due to injuries throughout the year. So as a bay supporter, should I wish that Boak brakes his leg, Schulz does a knee, Dangerfield brakes his arm and Sloane dislocates a shoulder so that my team can compete. This handicapped system they have tried to implement to counter the enormous salary cap, facilities and general fitness of AFL players. You need to compare teams in their strongest form as to see whether its fair or not, you cant be wishing the worst injuries for teams so your team is competitive as there is nothing saying these injuries will occur or not and cant be guaranteed, but thats what I am hearing.
Maddawg
Mini-League

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 17 times
Grassroots Team: PHOS Camden

Postby Booney » Thu May 15, 2014 11:45 am

So 12 months notice would suggest that unless notice of changes have been tabled already, 2015 will see the status quo remain. Agreed?

Therefore, at the start of 2015 any proposed changes will / can't be implemented until 2016, that's how I read that.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Maddawg » Thu May 15, 2014 11:55 am

The 12 months is to actually not continue to play in the league anymore, changes can be implemented at the end of the year for the start of the 2015 season. Dont get the two mixed up one is to finish the agreement the other can change rules annually as per the SANFL website
Maddawg
Mini-League

Postby dedja » Thu May 15, 2014 12:42 pm

Plus Port's 'agreement' to have a junior structure, academy and recruiting zone were up for review at the end of this year as I understanding it, regardless of the AFL reserves arrangements.
It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt
dedja
Coach

Has liked: 157 times
Been liked: 972 times

Postby Maddawg » Thu May 15, 2014 1:57 pm

I thought that it was actually decided the zones were to be removed, but it could be reviewed and discussions held. Meaning the power would have to put up a good case to keep them.
Maddawg
Mini-League

Postby tipper » Thu May 15, 2014 2:14 pm

Maddawg wrote:I thought that it was actually decided the zones were to be removed, but it could be reviewed and discussions held. Meaning the power would have to put up a good case to keep them.

lol, none of the rest of this **** has had a good case, why would they need one now??
tipper
League - Top 5

Has liked: 359 times
Been liked: 531 times
Grassroots Team: Peake

Postby kickinit » Thu May 15, 2014 2:23 pm

Maddawg wrote:I thought that it was actually decided the zones were to be removed, but it could be reviewed and discussions held. Meaning the power would have to put up a good case to keep them.

Correct
We're on this journey together, One Heart, One Club and they will Never Ever Tear Us Apart.
kickinit
League - Top 5

Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 95 times

Postby UK Fan » Thu May 15, 2014 2:44 pm

kickinit wrote:
you can call us what ever you like. At the end of the day we are the PAFC and we don't give a crap what you think.

Believe us, everyone in SA Football knows that, its no great revelation.

But boy do you whinge when you don't get the attention or treatment you want. The 'no-one likes us, we don't care' mentality only works when you aren't sooks.
fester69 wrote: I'm full of "pish and wind" !!You can call me weak !!

MW wrote: Well call me a special asshole!.

Booney wrote: I'm a happy clapper **** stick.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Has liked: 1197 times
Been liked: 500 times

Postby dedja » Thu May 15, 2014 2:58 pm

kickinit wrote:you can call us what ever you like. At the end of the day we are the PAFC and we don't give a crap what you think.

Well considering you don't care, here goes ...

Arsehole, faarkwit, kent, dickwad, fatherless and toothless wharfie, welfare cheat, car stealing pricks.

Oh did I forget to mention scum?
It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt
dedja
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Thu May 15, 2014 3:41 pm

too many multi-syllable words. he will not only not care, he wont actually understand what you mean.
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Booney » Thu May 15, 2014 3:43 pm

dedja wrote:

Arsehole, faarkwit, kent, dickwad, fatherless and toothless wharfie, welfare cheat, car stealing pricks.

PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby am Bays » Thu May 15, 2014 3:48 pm

Booney wrote:
dedja wrote:Well considering you don't care, here goes ...

LOL

I prefer this finals theme song of ours.....

Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1804 times

Postby dedja » Thu May 15, 2014 3:53 pm

for years I always thought it was ... go and get suffed
dedja
Coach

Postby Panther Pack » Thu May 15, 2014 4:30 pm

Booney wrote:
dedja wrote:

Was that filmed in the Bays clubrooms????
Panther Pack
Reserves

Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 137 times

Postby dedja » Thu May 15, 2014 4:37 pm

Pretty sure the other choco was the pre-game entertainment at a GF.
dedja
Coach

Postby Bounce of the ball » Thu May 15, 2014 4:54 pm

dedja wrote:Plus Port's 'agreement' to have a junior structure, academy and recruiting zone were up for review at the end of this year as I understanding it, regardless of the AFL reserves arrangements.

As I mentioned before they are currently lobbying to keep it.

If it can be ceased inn 12 months surely the SANFL clubs can play hard ball now. Far out how soft are they ??
Bounce of the ball
Reserves

Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 65 times

Postby Tech1 » Thu May 15, 2014 5:06 pm

Bounce of the ball wrote:Things will change , considering Port are wanting things to stay as it is now with their zones etc.Clubs are aware of this and are not happy.

I thought it was reviewed after 12 months ? If true the clubs are in the box seat IMO .

There will be changes no doubt but the clubs where in the box seat last year and look what happened in the end. Wait and see but i wouldn't be holding any great hope that we will see the changes that should be made, if anything knowing port they will get exactly what they want, they are the best at whinging to get there way.
Tech1
Rookie

Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 27 times

Postby Tech1 » Thu May 15, 2014 5:13 pm

Bounce of the ball wrote:
dedja wrote:Plus Port's 'agreement' to have a junior structure, academy and recruiting zone were up for review at the end of this year as I understanding it, regardless of the AFL reserves arrangements.

As I mentioned before they are currently lobbying to keep it.

If it can be ceased inn 12 months surely the SANFL clubs can play hard ball now. Far out how soft are they ??

If they keep it, i'm out, not following the sanfl anymore. These pricks think the league is all about them, if they had there way it'd be the PANFL, if the clubs/league can't get things turned around in the next two years, it will be the end of the league, it's already losing supporters and once the novelty effect stops with the crows coming in, watch the crowds drop, port are bringing no more fans to there games and they are in top spot, it's all about pleasing the power and to a lesser extent the crows.
Tech1
Rookie

Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 27 times

Postby topsywaldron » Thu May 15, 2014 5:22 pm

Novelty wears off?

Seen precious little evidence of that happening.
'People are not stupid. They know when they are being conned. And two reserves teams operating in a League competition will reduce it to a farce, a competition without a soul.'

Dion Hayman 24th July 2013
topsywaldron
Veteran

Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 218 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL